[ROM] I997UCKJ2 [14.10.2011][Android 2.3.6]

Przekret

Oct 3, 2008
Plock
www.sampro.pl
I997UCKJ2:

Android 2.3.6

Code:
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                         
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD                                                                 
ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.UCKJ2                                                   
ro.build.version.incremental=UCKJ2                                                      
ro.build.version.sdk=10                                                                 
ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                           
ro.build.version.release=2.3.6                                                          
ro.build.date=Fri Oct 14 18:10:48 KST 2011                                              
ro.build.date.utc=1318583448                                                            
ro.build.type=user                                                                      
ro.build.user=se.infra                                                                  
ro.build.host=SEP-72                                                                    
ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                              
ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I997                                                       
ro.product.brand=samsung                                                                
ro.product.name=SGH-I997                                                                
ro.product.device=SGH-I997                                                              
ro.product.board=SGH-I997                                                               
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a                                                          
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi                                                             
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung                                                         
ro.product.locale.language=en                                                           
ro.product.locale.region=US                                                             
ro.wifi.channels=                                                                       
ro.board.platform=s5pc110                                                               
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                                   
ro.build.product=SGH-I997                                                               
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                              
ro.build.description=SGH-I997-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD UCKJ2 release-keys                 
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I997/SGH-I997:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/UCKJ2:user/release-keys
# Samsung Specific Properties                                                           
ro.build.PDA=I997UCKJ2                                                                  
ro.build.hidden_ver=I997UCKJ2                                                           
ro.build.changelist=661140                                                              
ro.flash.resolution=1080                                                                
# end build properties
Download:

http://hotfile.com/dl/132628710/c0cc83e/SGH-I997_I997UCKJ2_UC_ATT.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Whaaaa?? 2.3.6? Already Samsung its keeping us up to date, who knows they may even update us to ics at some point!

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

!!!!!boot loaders!!!!! about to flash!!!!

op you will get a donation at the end of the week! this is amazing!!!

XGX5309

Dec 29, 2008
Whaaaa?? 2.3.6? Already Samsung its keeping us up to date, who knows they may even update us to ics at some point!

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

!!!!!boot loaders!!!!! about to flash!!!!

op you will get a donation at the end of the week! this is amazing!!!
I was just about to post that.. BOOTLOADERS! Nice!

Let us know how everything goes!

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I was just about to post that.. BOOTLOADERS! Nice!

Let us know how everything goes!
Its runNing pretty good but the browser still sucks. No rainbows either, also I didn't wipe data or return to stock, just flashed over the last leak which I had rooted, curiously i'm still rooted. I'm not sure if this is a rooted ROM or if heimdall writes into existing folders rather than formatting and over writing. I expected data to remain as that is a different partition but to still have root want expected. I haven't looked into the rfs file yet so i'm not ready sure what's going on.

XGX5309

Dec 29, 2008
Its runNing pretty good but the browser still sucks. No rainbows either, also I didn't wipe data or return to stock, just flashed over the last leak which I had rooted, curiously i'm still rooted. I'm not sure if this is a rooted ROM or if heimdall writes into existing folders rather than formatting and over writing. I expected data to remain as that is a different partition but to still have root want expected. I haven't looked into the rfs file yet so i'm not ready sure what's going on.
If you don't use a PIT file in ODIN/Heimdall and check the re-partition box, it leaves your filesystem pretty much intact, just replacing system files.

By "the browser still sucks" what do you mean?

JordanElliott

Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I997UCKJ2:

Android 2.3.6

Code:
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                         
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD                                                                 
ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.UCKJ2                                                   
ro.build.version.incremental=UCKJ2                                                      
ro.build.version.sdk=10                                                                 
ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                           
ro.build.version.release=2.3.6                                                          
ro.build.date=Fri Oct 14 18:10:48 KST 2011                                              
ro.build.date.utc=1318583448                                                            
ro.build.type=user                                                                      
ro.build.user=se.infra                                                                  
ro.build.host=SEP-72                                                                    
ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                              
ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I997                                                       
ro.product.brand=samsung                                                                
ro.product.name=SGH-I997                                                                
ro.product.device=SGH-I997                                                              
ro.product.board=SGH-I997                                                               
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a                                                          
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi                                                             
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung                                                         
ro.product.locale.language=en                                                           
ro.product.locale.region=US                                                             
ro.wifi.channels=                                                                       
ro.board.platform=s5pc110                                                               
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                                   
ro.build.product=SGH-I997                                                               
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                              
ro.build.description=SGH-I997-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD UCKJ2 release-keys                 
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I997/SGH-I997:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/UCKJ2:user/release-keys
# Samsung Specific Properties                                                           
ro.build.PDA=I997UCKJ2                                                                  
ro.build.hidden_ver=I997UCKJ2                                                           
ro.build.changelist=661140                                                              
ro.flash.resolution=1080                                                                
# end build properties
Download:

http://hotfile.com/dl/132628710/c0cc83e/SGH-I997_I997UCKJ2_UC_ATT.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl
Omg bootloaders!!!!!!! Eff ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: raj sa

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
WOW, WHAT AN AMAZING WAY TO START THE DAY. xD

I hope I don't brick my phone right before school starts.... I'll wait a few minutes for someone else to flash it. xD

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
i know this is flashed with odin but how :p < loads flamesuit >
Open ODIN, click the PDA box, and then find the homebinary.tar.md5 file, and let it flash that. I don't suggest you do that until we find out if it's safe to flash the bootloaders, so yeah..... remove those before you flash. :)

EDIT: If your device gets borked (doubt it, but still, don't flash it just yet), I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Reactions: shiftylock

mintu123

Sep 17, 2009
working perfect

just installed using odin.working perfect.no rainbows.i had to factory reset after reboot and it took about five min. for data to work.works like official rom.

jvanlew

Mar 25, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Flashed and working great. Will check the usual and report back. I haven't tested GPS or network speed with new modem (UCKJ2) but I'll report back later today.

Initial findings:
  • No video playback rainbows = video playback working (yay!)
  • bluetooth working flawlessly (paired with headset and computer - I don't have bluetooth speakers to pair) - as expected
  • wi-fi working flawlessly - as expected
  • could NOT get HDMI out to work. Can someone confirm or refute this?

Last edited: