[ROM] I997UCKK3 [21.11.2011][Android 2.3.6]

Search This thread
T

tmease1

Tried to root this with super one click, didnt work. Then I tried the fugumod root from the captivate forums using the KK3 stock kernel and it installed superuser apk with no busy box. Im out of ideas.

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Uploading stock rooted package for yall to test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
I missed it if anyone noticed something they fixed. Long text still fail? Glitch where you see screen prior to unlock? Can you search mail on exchange server? Thanks. Prolly wont get to try it out til Friday or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Boo!
Its now a kernel thing for sure. Kernel devs gotta work on their part for it, I believe entropy has been and still is looking into it.
Fingers crossed

Big dog Infuse I997 GB KJ4

I've been poking at it on and off... Problem is the whole drivers/media/video/samsung/ tree is an undocumented mess... (Same reason we don't have working HDMI...)

It may not be fixable until we get an updated source code drop for the kernel... Unless maybe we get lucky and there's a similar device (Droid Charge maybe?) to kang from...

ingexcomp

Jun 21, 2009
Feels slower than UCKK2 using live wallpapers, no more 4G icon, H+ symbol instead, 16 hours battery on moderated use, good Download/Upload speed for UCKK3 modem, about 4Mbps/2Mbps on México's Iusacell 4G network, 1.2Mbps/512Kbps on Telcel 3G network, I will go back to UCKK2 tomorrow as root is not possible on UCKK3

djbrian52

Feb 23, 2010
Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Feels slower than UCKK2 using live wallpapers, no more 4G icon, H+ symbol instead, 16 hours battery on moderated use, good Download/Upload speed for UCKK3 modem, about 4Mbps/2Mbps on México's Iusacell 4G network, 1.2Mbps/512Kbps on Telcel 3G network, I will go back to UCKK2 tomorrow as root is not possible on UCKK3

From another user...

OMG, If I could hit thanks a thousand times I would.

SOOOO much easier then what I was doing lol.

Took me all of 4 mins to reflash UCKK3 / With Entropy Kernel.
Turn off Voodoo Lagfix and Conversions / Reboot
Odin Stock Rooted Kernel and BAM .. done

Rooted / Stock UCKK3 Leak :)

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Mosaic 8 Infuse

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Please help.
I use Odin3 v1.7 to flash this md5.
I use the infuse.pit file found in GTG unbrick.
Flashed ok. success1/failed0.
It rebooted.
I'm in Anddroid system recovery <3e>
I wiped data/factory reset
Wiped cache.
Rebooted but keeps going back to 3e blue.
E:format_volume: rfs format failed on/dev/block/stl10

I tried update from SDcard on different kernels or different ROM out of frustration but got a E: signature verification failed.

Where to go from here?
Thanks
(no snide remarks please, just point me in the right direction)

I tried reflashing again and got a odin success but same results error on reboot.
If it made any difference; on odin start, I had the tar.md5 file PDA, but i don't have a PHONE file. I'm wondering if this made any difference.

Attachments

• cap1.PNG
    cap1.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 176
  • cap2.PNG
    cap2.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

dodgedurango

Apr 20, 2011
Lufkin Tx.
I am a noob.. Seems like i read somewhere that you dont use a pit file when flashing these. It is built in to the md5 file. Just put md5 file in the "pda" slot and hit start. Works for me anyway.

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
I am a noob.. Seems like i read somewhere that you dont use a pit file when flashing these. It is built in to the md5 file. Just put md5 file in the "pda" slot and hit start. Works for me anyway.

I'm a bigger noob.
I semi bricked my phone trying to flash from a modded GB rom with entropy's kernel to a stock kernel with voodoo lag turned off.
It is not recommended...:p

I'm not too familiar with Odin or Heimdall.
The UCKK3 package was a tar file with nothing else.
GTG's 2 unbricks had tar files and pit files and phones files that looked exactly alike for different version.
I was caught it a android recovery 3e and could not get out...I had to try something..lol.
Anyway, after several bootloops,
I was able to use Adam's UCKj4 to restore the phone.
Windows and the stupid drivers install/re-install issue was extremely frustration.
I'm now on Victory KK3 based with stock kernel, rooted and red CWM.
Thank you, all

omnimanx1

Dec 1, 2007
Radio still sucks when use3d with ATTs MicroCell . No radio yet has resolved. All other phones I have used work great with MicroCell including a Motorola Atrix 4g.
If Samsung is indeed looking at what we say...Maybe they can look in to this.

millerja01a

Apr 2, 2008
North Carolina
Omni, we have a microcell at my office and it took a firmware update to fix. Ask at&T for help.

To the thread, I saw something last night while browsing. Listening to tunein stream with bt headphones when cpu went to 100% and device bogged down. Had to power cycle. When booted, my battery had gone from 80% to 10% and I had to charge.

Cpu spikes have been happening since the last 3 leaks with browser, bt music playback with equalizer, and wake up from sleep.

I've disabled as much resident apps as possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I997UCKK3:

Android 2.3.6

Code:
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                         
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD                                                                 
    ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.UCKK3                                                   
    ro.build.version.incremental=UCKK3                                                      
    ro.build.version.sdk=10                                                                 
    ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                           
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.6                                                          
    ro.build.date=Mon Nov 21 11:44:42 KST 2011                                              
    ro.build.date.utc=1321843482                                                            
    ro.build.type=user                                                                      
    ro.build.user=se.infra                                                                  
    ro.build.host=SEP-72                                                                    
    ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                              
    ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I997                                                       
    ro.product.brand=samsung                                                                
    ro.product.name=SGH-I997                                                                
    ro.product.device=SGH-I997                                                              
    ro.product.board=SGH-I997                                                               
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a                                                          
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi                                                             
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung                                                         
    ro.product.locale.language=en                                                           
    ro.product.locale.region=US                                                             
    ro.wifi.channels=                                                                       
    ro.board.platform=s5pc110                                                               
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                                   
    ro.build.product=SGH-I997                                                               
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                              
    ro.build.description=SGH-I997-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD UCKK3 release-keys                 
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I997/SGH-I997:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/UCKK3:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties                                                           
    ro.build.PDA=I997UCKK3                                                                  
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I997UCKK3                                                           
    ro.build.changelist=746032                                                              
    ro.flash.resolution=1080                                                                
    # end build properties

Download:

http://hotfile.com/dl/135701349/12b82e9/SGH-I997_I997UCKK3_UC_ATT.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl
    Ok...ill post a flashable rooted version this evening for those who want it...so video is working for you?

sent from DarkyRom v10.3 tweaked out!!
    congrats! i like this one, im adding to the rom list, im waiting for the rooted one too :p
    I would like to know. Downloading now and testing. Will let everyone know.

Super on click did not work for me. Tried everything.

CWM flashable modem - KK3

http://min.us/luvvq050huYrZ

just installed so I have nothing to report yet.