[ROM] Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC G1 AOSP 4.0.1 Alpha 2 jcarrz1 [Video]

Search This thread

mrcsthompson

Oct 24, 2009
Hello,
very good job. i'am very happy to try this rom on SAPPHIRE 32B, but i've a problem with keyboard: i don't acces to special character and parameter.

What is that somebody had the same problem?

Sorry for my bad English... I'm french...

Yes, change the lcd density in the build.prop (it's in the rom zip file) file to a smaller value like 140, then reflash the ROM.

Reactions: onlychevys

onlychevys

Jul 16, 2011
Azle Texas
I just downloaded this and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I just have to dig out the phone lol. I have a mytouch 3g slide I'm using now. I wonder how hard it would be to port this to that? I have ported one of the CM roms backwards to the Mytouch 3g. I might have to go back to my old phone(Mytouch 3g) just to be running ICS lol. Has anyone else had any luck with the mytouch3g? If not I will help if I can get it going on mine.
Thanks so much for all the work & please keep it up!

darius99

May 8, 2011
In Da Treez
I just downloaded this and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I just have to dig out the phone lol. I have a mytouch 3g slide I'm using now. I wonder how hard it would be to port this to that? I have ported one of the CM roms backwards to the Mytouch 3g. I might have to go back to my old phone(Mytouch 3g) just to be running ICS lol. Has anyone else had any luck with the mytouch3g? If not I will help if I can get it going on mine.
Thanks so much for all the work & please keep it up!

yup.I've flashed the latest version and it worked on my Mytouch 3g

darius99

May 8, 2011
In Da Treez
Cant remember,sorry.. :/ only used it in portrait,not sure about landscape.

±+++++++++++++++++

Jcarrz as I'm sure you're aware, Android 4.0.3 was recently officially pushed to AOSP. Is there a 4.0.3 port in the works..?

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
Spokane
www.onecameraarmy.com
Cant remember,sorry.. :/ only used it in portrait,not sure about landscape.

±+++++++++++++++++

Jcarrz as I'm sure you're aware, Android 4.0.3 was recently officially pushed to AOSP. Is there a 4.0.3 port in the works..?

Personally don't think it would benefit. I'd wait for him to smoothen out all the bugs before updating to 4.0.3.

Sent from my TripNiCE Pyramid using xda premium

I_Cornholio

Sep 26, 2011
Strange, my hardware keyboard worked and i could connect to wifi. Only issue most obvious was the screen rotation. Did you do a full wipe using ohsaka's before flashing in?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

HTC Magic, not Dream. The Magic doesn't have a hardware keyboard. But, a couple pages ahead of here, a guy said to try changing the LCD density, and that sounds like it would work. Thanks anyways, though!

Unrelashade

Sep 7, 2009
are some of you hoping to use ICS on the g1 as a regular phone? i mean, won't it just be super sluggy all the time to the point of not being fun to use? i'm even thinking about going back to 1.6 from ezgingerbread right now to get better performance...

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
Spokane
www.onecameraarmy.com
are some of you hoping to use ICS on the g1 as a regular phone? i mean, won't it just be super sluggy all the time to the point of not being fun to use? i'm even thinking about going back to 1.6 from ezgingerbread right now to get better performance...

I thought the same when I was using some gb rom (forgot the name) so I went back to 1.0 or something. It was the same, maybe just a little faster but I loose all the apps. To me, froyo by laszlo seems to be the perfect combination for g1.

Sent from my TripNiCE Pyramid using xda premium

Reactions: Unrelashade

SlashSpeed

Mar 24, 2009
Sadly, I don't think this will progress any more than it has..the developer itself said he doesn't have time and that usually means, "end of the line".

TabascoTX

Jun 13, 2009
South Central Texas
Redmi 9A
This is just a thought,but,a while back i playing with HoneyComb for the MT4G,it had the same rotation issues at first,but when i edited the build.prop and changed the resolution settings it enabled screen rotation. Maybe somewhere to look at.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a working AOSP port of Ice Cream Sandwich to the HTC G1, the first android phone!

6tLkX.png

remember, I am not responsible if you brick your phone. You must have proper 2708 SPL and radio. Follow the guide!

Special thanks: Shelnutt2, stritfajt!​

Working

touchscreen
    wifi
    data
    all apps
    ICS goodies :)

Not Working Yet
    rotation

Video:

BlackDownloadButtonNewReflection.png

Alpha 2: http://www.scienceprousa.com/jcarrz1/jcarrz1-g1-ics-alpha2.zip mtd 132 system.
    alternate (try this one for a fixed signature) http://dev-host.org/yhh7t1ni39tr/jcarrz1-g1-ics-alpha2.zip

Install guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=19735858&postcount=111 thanks almostthere! use mtd 132

I am working on my own dream-sapphire specific build that I will probably github depending on my progress. Stay tuned for that and for functional updates, etc!
    Since there has been alot of flashing issues let me help by documenting exactly how you have to do the MTD (Specifically MTD only as it's been a long time I've done the SPL/Radio upgrade so I'm not too sure on that

1. Firstly download FR-recovery-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip and FR-boot-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip (Scroll down linked OP and see attachments)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=717874

2. create mtdpartmap.txt (or you can use mine attached and feel free to modify accordingly as per requirements per ROM revision) and put on /sdcard/

3. Download and install through ROM Manager latest CWM (2.5.7 I believe)

4. reboot to recovery

5. nandbackup

6. wipe cache + data (Or if you're too lazy to scroll thru CWM's options, use OHSAKA's, see attached for your convenience)

7. Reboot into recovery again

8. In CWM, enable mount /sdcard ( make sure you mount sdcard first, else you won't be able write to sdcard/mtdpartmap.txt).

9. flash FR-recovery-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip

10.reboot to recovery

11.Flash ROM ( As an added precaution, recommended to mount /system before flashing)

12. flash FR-boot-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip

13. reboot

Validated myself as I'm posting this so it should work for most of you out there

PS: And yes, validated eZterry's kernels fixed WiFi issues but does not fix screen rotation issues as I need to disable Screen Rotation and pop out the keyboard to get portrait mode. Sync and market issues I believe are gapps related
    Surprise coming.

jcarrz1
    Changelog, suggested settings, old versions

changelog
    Code:
    Alpha 2:
    Fixed wifi. 
    Slimmed /system/app and /system/media and /system/lib.
    fixed all buttons
    faster
    other stuff

Alpha 1: initial release

Old versions
    Alpha 1: http://www.scienceprousa.com/ics-g1-jcarrz1-a1.zip you need mtd 145 system
    This is not compiled by me but by stritfajt from AOSP for device tree heroc. He compiled it for armv5te.
    I'm still here, just don't have much time.

jcarrz1
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone