AOSP 4.0.4 IMM76L by broodplank1337
I'm very happy to release the first alpha build of AOSP IMM76L for Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-i9001). Most of you probably know that i've been busy with compiling AOSP for a long time now, and I finally succeeded to compile it by using a very wrong and lame way (tut will come later). Anyways the build is running very stable so far and the performance is very neat. Currently some CM9 sources are copied to the AOSP build to make it working correctly, all the apps (except Phone.apk) are compiled from original AOSP source, I use the framework files from CM9 (Ivendor) but downgraded to get the AOSP wanted result.
I've included a stock kernel based on Arco's i9001 kernel, I've replaced interactive with smartassV2 and added SIO, these 2 are the default choices for the kernel/rom. The kernel is compiled with Linaro toolchain for best performance.
Finally we got ourselfs an AOSP Stock ROM to modify ! Please give me as much feedback as possible, so I can improve the ROM!
Receiving and making calls
USB mass storage
HW accelerated gui
HW accelerated video
Wifi and USB tethering
What's not working:
FM Radio (use Spirit FM as alternative)
New Release! Alpha 02
- Fixed FC's at APNList/AccessPoints
- Removed Dialpad preferences / additional vibrate options for Phone.apk (CM9)
- Original Extended Power Menu / Statusbar now
- Removed ThemeManager/ThemeChooser/Development apks
- Added more sounds
- Much higher performance thanks to linaro "stock" kernel (with some castagnait tweaks)
- Updated libs/egl
- Removed all deprecated and useless files
- Added init.d support (make the folder and give permissions of atleast RWX-RX-RX)
- Probably more, but I forgot it, will add it when I remember
And for the record, I have no clue if incall volume is fixed, couldn't really test it today. Also same thing for random reboots, I haven't experienced one since the new version, so I hope that's for all of you!
Reported bugs for Alpha 01:
- FC on Settings.apk (Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access point names) and (Dialpad > Settings > Dialpad settings)
- Duplicate and unwanted (CM9) sounds (/system/media/audio)
- Sudden reboot (cause is still unknown)
- Incall volume bug (we meet again)
User-suggested changes for next build:
- Reduce number of homescreens from 5 to 3
Personal suggestions/notes for next build:
- Clean deprecated apks? (Thememanager/Themechooser/Term/Development/Superuser)
- Remove unnecessary binaries / libraries (/bin, /xbin & /lib)
- Add forgotten MusicFX.apk (EQ/Seekbar for Music.apk It seems)
- Update EGL modules
- Using more pure AOSP framework files (currently it's 95% CM9 framework)
Note: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.. >>> insert violation warranty bollocks here <<<
Version Alpha 02 (19-11-2012)
Mirror #1 Mediafire.com
Other links come tomorrow
Version Alpha 01 (03-11-2012)
Mirror #1 Mediafire.com
Mirror #2 Sourceforge.com
Mirror #3 Zippyshare
Mirror #4 broodplank.net
Also download gapps
gapps version 20120429
Make sure you use CWM5 or CWM6. (important!)
(Newer CWM 18.104.22.168 version available here)
- Wipe data and cache. (if coming from samsung rom, if you're using CM9 you may only wipe cache)
- Flash AOSP_IMM76L_AriesVE-Alpha02-broodplank-signed.zip.
- Flash update-Gapps-ICS-20712.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to AOSP 4.0.4 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
- Reboot phone.
CyanogenMod Team - for the actual base
AOSP Team - for the great light system apps
Arco - for the initial cm9
Ivendor - for the i9001 device repo's
CastagnaIT - for some kickass kernel tweaks
If you really like the development of this AOSP ROM you can consider donating me.
I really appreciate the donations, and I really want to thank the people who donate me
All donators will have instant access to all pre-releases and private beta's