[Rom] Ics Nexus / Sdk Port [Alpha2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Moved Here

Also a notice to the Admins, Mods, and various users at this site:

My personal email address is not to be used to mock, insult, or otherwise argue points made on this forum. The comments made here, despite how offensive they may be interpreted, do not hold a serious tone. If you feel it necessary to send things to my personal address, please have spine to use your own return address. Please respect the fact that I do not invade your personal life by keeping my comments restricted to this site, and I only request I am granted the same common decency.

Last edited:
Wow, haven't seen you in a long time. Thank you for giving this a shot! : )

It seems that in some alternate reality it is acceptable to assume that "in your spare time" means cancel all of your plans and get used to fluorescent lighting because daylight is just the glare on your computer screen. Either way, I am downloading some 2 gigs of random ICS stuff and finally received my replacement Macbook, so between projects I will try to get something moving on this.

RjsShadows

Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Tx
Right now all I have is the sdk version from RootzWiki, which appears was a post and abandon build. I have a few Nexus4g builds that claim to work. I have a rebuilt boot image and I am trying to pack all of it together and see what happens so I know where to start.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sick, i'm really looking forward to this. Don't overwork yourself though :p

Pithism

Dec 21, 2010
Boston, MA
Right now all I have is the sdk version from RootzWiki, which appears was a post and abandon build. I have a few Nexus4g builds that claim to work. I have a rebuilt boot image and I am trying to pack all of it together and see what happens so I know where to start.

i am guessing these first ports will be very alpha due to no real software from google to work with?

Thread cleaned (and it's only a few hours old:rolleyes:).

If you have nothing useful to say, DON'T bother posting...

What did I miss? Did the angry beavers try to build another dam? I fell asleep waiting for the new mac to migrate from the old one. Now that everything is moved over I can actually load up what I have and at least move a little closer to posting actual files to play with.

doug piston

Mar 19, 2010
Real deal? Did source drop and only for you? Cause otherwise this is just another non-working SDK port.

Real deal? Did source drop and only for you? Cause otherwise this is just another non-working SDK port.

I guess if you didn't see the previous thread, which was more or less a rick-roll youtube video that said it isn't possible to get anything running, then an understandable first reaction is to make rude comments...

But if you read the thread you are responding to, you would have seen that on the Nexus it is a working build, capable of being used as more than just a proof-of-concept. Then again, I don't expect people to read these days because they are too busy writing...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1313337
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/127806-rom-ics-sdk-port-wip.html

Best leave the developing to the developers and stop back when there is something to load up and complain about ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PUERTO_RUK

doug piston

Mar 19, 2010
So getting an SDK port working on a Nexus S is the same as getting it to run on the ThunderBolt?

I'm not saying it isn't possible though I highly doubt it will work. I'm saying don't call it the "Real Deal".

So getting an SDK port working on a Nexus S is the same as getting it to run on the ThunderBolt?

I'm not saying it isn't possible though I highly doubt it will work. I'm saying don't call it the "Real Deal".

This is real ICS development, and not a prank so it is as the title says "ICS Development (Real Deal)"

And no, getting a port working on the Nexus S is not the same as getting it to work on the Thunderbolt, which is why there isn't a file in that first post yet. I think you are assuming that the only thing available is the SDK image, though, when the full system dump is out there also.

My previous statement still stands.. Why don't you go shake down some kids for their script source, and come back when there is something here to test.

Last edited:
Posting threads with no content seems ridiculous. Why not work on the port rather than type sentence after sentence of nonsense in here. Just saying.

You do know downloads, packing, transferring, uploading, etc do run in the background right? I remember back when threads like this rallied up support and assistance instead of whatever you call what you're doing... For the record I am waiting on a data wipe and a lot of stuff is still installing since the computer only came yesterday.

I can just toss up every little edit I test and brick phones all day long, or I can document the process and release when it hits milestones. That way I can catch input along the way and prevent a lot of wasted time.

Just swapped the boot on the posted Nexus build, changed over all the apn info, and added in all the keylayout and hardware files. Going through and finding everything that needs to be swapped for a straight port, then if it runs I will post up the progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: turpintb

yareally

Feb 19, 2011
codingcreation.com
You do know downloads, packing, transferring, uploading, etc do run in the background right? I remember back when threads like this rallied up support and assistance instead of whatever you call what you're doing... For the record I am waiting on a data wipe and a lot of stuff is still installing since the computer only came yesterday.

Whether you get anywhere or not, good luck :)

Nothing wrong with doing something just for the challenge of having said you did it and the experience.

Larry Rutledge

Mar 10, 2011
Winters, CA
I am glad to see someone putting some real effort into getting an ICS port going. And appreciate you posting your progress here along the way. I'm interested in seeing how you get where you get.

Good Luck

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
As already mentioned, this thread is for relevant discussion of the upcoming port.

If you have nothing constructive to contribute then keep it to yourself.

No *****ing and whining about the probable lack of functionality, no pestering for ETA's and no petty personal playground nonsense.

No more warnings​
If this goes off topic again then there will be repercussions​

Last edited:
As already mentioned, this thread is for relevant discussion of the upcoming port.

No *****ing and whining about the probably lack of functionality, no pestering for ETA's and no petty personal playground nonsense.

No more warnings​

Thanks. The good news is that I have a shopping list of what has been changed to go from sdk to working port. The bad news is that I also have a project due Thursday that I need to actually spend some time with.

For anyone with the sdk build, make sure before even trying to run it that you replace all the /system/bin files that just say toolbox with real files or set up symlinks for them. Busybox also needs to be added/replaced in /system/xbin

This will get that version to where you can run logcat and see the EGL errors, but it will also be in a condition to start tweaking files to get the touchscreen running.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyD13

CyD13

Jan 29, 2010
I can't waaaaiiiitttt!! :D

Take as much time as you need! Your life is more important than this.

I am uploading what I have, but not because it is a huge step forward. I fixed all the commands and added the files that should fix the touchscreen, but didn't on this device.
This is still a step forward from the base build we currently have. At least typing a command no longer results in "toolbox" being displayed instead of results. I reverted everything I tested to make sure the only test changes were absolutely necessary to provide a solid base. I will post a link as soon as it is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved Here

Also a notice to the Admins, Mods, and various users at this site:

My personal email address is not to be used to mock, insult, or otherwise argue points made on this forum. The comments made here, despite how offensive they may be interpreted, do not hold a serious tone. If you feel it necessary to send things to my personal address, please have spine to use your own return address. Please respect the fact that I do not invade your personal life by keeping my comments restricted to this site, and I only request I am granted the same common decency.

I guess if you didn't see the previous thread, which was more or less a rick-roll youtube video that said it isn't possible to get anything running, then an understandable first reaction is to make rude comments...

But if you read the thread you are responding to, you would have seen that on the Nexus it is a working build, capable of being used as more than just a proof-of-concept. Then again, I don't expect people to read these days because they are too busy writing...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1313337
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/127806-rom-ics-sdk-port-wip.html

Best leave the developing to the developers and stop back when there is something to load up and complain about ;)
    Posting threads with no content seems ridiculous. Why not work on the port rather than type sentence after sentence of nonsense in here. Just saying.

I can just toss up every little edit I test and brick phones all day long, or I can document the process and release when it hits milestones. That way I can catch input along the way and prevent a lot of wasted time.

Just swapped the boot on the posted Nexus build, changed over all the apn info, and added in all the keylayout and hardware files. Going through and finding everything that needs to be swapped for a straight port, then if it runs I will post up the progress.

No *****ing and whining about the probably lack of functionality, no pestering for ETA's and no petty personal playground nonsense.

No more warnings​

Thanks. The good news is that I have a shopping list of what has been changed to go from sdk to working port. The bad news is that I also have a project due Thursday that I need to actually spend some time with.

For anyone with the sdk build, make sure before even trying to run it that you replace all the /system/bin files that just say toolbox with real files or set up symlinks for them. Busybox also needs to be added/replaced in /system/xbin

This will get that version to where you can run logcat and see the EGL errors, but it will also be in a condition to start tweaking files to get the touchscreen running.

I just lost all respect for twistedumbrella for the use of the word retarded, in a derogatory manner.

Boycotted.

I just lost all respect for you calling that derogatory. Not worried about it. You should have been here when I used the word rapist ;)

Two minds are greater than one. You may want to work with jdkoreclipse as he is in the same boat as you (as of 3 days ago).

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7871-romportwipdev-ics-tbolt-port-prealpha-1/

Take it you might have missed my activity in that thread or the post in this one referring to that thread. I didn't specify since it seemed to be the only other thread for Thunderbolt, so I can see it being overlooked. Thanks, though.