[ROM][ICS4.0.3] Taboonay 3.0.1 (28/02/2012)

Search This thread

Johnston212

Apr 7, 2009
Athens
the new update is awesome! no problems at all, although i am showing bluetooth is ussing 71% of the battery and its now even on?!?

i think you can only flash the new bootloader if you have v4 or above installed...
Ok, well I flashed from Stock directly to v. 3.0.1, so I will need to find a way to check about the bootloader. I'm really just tired of the constant SOD problems. I barely even use my tablet anymore because if I take it off the charger dock, it will power off if I'm not using something like netflix.

saisquare

Dec 7, 2008
Sorry, do anyone have Taboonay 3.2b6 stock kernel for A500? or the one of A501 can be used in A500?

Thx in advance.

Johnston212

Apr 7, 2009
Athens
It will not work. 3.2 is not an update but a full version, and it's really different. (not the same base)

You will have to wipe before installing the 3.2.
I understand that it isn't an update. In order to flash it, what exactly do I need to do? I have been trying to keep up with the all the topic discussions, but I haven't come across anything that clearly states the steps needed to flash from either Stock or Taboonay 3.0.1

jelbez

Dec 12, 2007
A501-b6.zip not booting on A501

Hello,

Just flashed A501-b6.zip after factory reset/wipe dalvik/format system/flexrom and my A501 doesn't boot ?!
I'm stuck on the bootloader saying booting primary kernel (Skrillax_CZ v6)
Did anyone succeed installing this version?
I've tried to install it from 2 different recovery just in case (thor2002ro 1.7.3 and ezterry v0.2) but same result.
So don't know if i missed some step.

PS i restored my previous image and it's starting. I've also tried to to flash A501 ezT20-v1.0.1-pre1_S kernel from ezterry on top of A501-b6... same result stuck at the booting kernel screen from bootloader.

Thanks for the help.

jelbez

Dec 12, 2007
Upgrade your bootloader to V8 and try again.
Is there a known issue with BL v6? since it is based on the same BL, i though it only upgrade fastboot and dual boot UI.
In this case this will have to wait since I don't have a computer at hand to use nvflash :/
Thanks mate.

edit 1: switch to Evil Alex for now, working

Last edited:

jelbez

Dec 12, 2007
3.2b6 A501 not booting

Is there a known issue with BL v6? since it is based on the same BL, i though it only upgrade fastboot and dual boot UI.
In this case this will have to wait since I don't have a computer at hand to use nvflash :/
Thanks mate.

edit 1: switch to Evil Alex for now, working
Ok so i've tried again
Upgraded to BL ICS patch v8
Same result, the rom is not booting.
I've tried to download the ROM again in case it was corrupted (didn't find any MD5 hash to copmpare) but again no luck
To give context I used 3G-b6.zip posted by paugustin in post #3035 the Taboonay3.2 beta "A501 edition" on a A501.
Factory reset and format /flexrom and /system
I dindn't find OP for this ROM guess it was a full package, perhaps it an update package... but from what 3.0.1 or 3.2b1 ?
Any help would be welcomed has i'm looking for a working/stable 3G connection and thor2002ro v170 drop 3G regularly

edit: also tested A500-b6.zip posted by paugustin and it's not booting either... is there something wrong with the images? or the storage provider? and 3.2 should be full package from what I read from Vache in earlier post...
Evil Alexander seems to behave correctly where network coverage is good....

Last edited:

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
latest version is 3.2. Links can be found a few pages back or in the thread listing all the ROMs. But yes developpement has stopped as Vache had to sell his A500.

irishmoe

Aug 19, 2011
:( Nice of Vache since there was a donation some month ago just to let him afford a new A500. :confused:

Don't judge him, who knows what personal or financial issues anyone has outside the forums. Just be thankful for all the incredible work he's done for us. The original rom was well worth the donation.

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
latest version is 3.2. Links can be found a few pages back or in the thread listing all the ROMs. But yes developpement has stopped as Vache had to sell his A500.

Oh , I'm sorry to hear that. Vache learned me a lot and it is a loss to the A500 community. I wish you the best vache and a good future.
Civ.

Top Liked Posts