[ROM]IMM76K 4.0.4 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign + MODs

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Here is the new IMM76K 4.0.4 stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus. It is stock other than being rooted (chainsdd), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, and init.d support (all done with dsixda's kitchen, except the deodex part). You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios HERE.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

DOWNLOAD 184.55 MB-----Mirror
MD5: 65003bda2c79a2e0f979bf1430311428

MODS - All require a deodexed 4.0.4 IMM76K ROM

Native Tethering MD5: 66203b7baf0d38d9c98603e77a33b57f
- Removes carrier check when tethering
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Enhanced Power Menu With Native Tethering MD5: f0758cb3b43c0e69d440728eb7ed72fc
- Enhanced power menu with correct icons and confirmation text
- Includes the native tethering hack
- Mod created by crackers8199
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Enhanced Power Menu, Native Tethering, and Lock Before Unlock MD5: c829b0519a4808ff04b94ae49ded49ad
- Same as above
- Lock Before Unlock allows use of the slide-to-lock in conjunction with a secure lock. Allows for fast access to camera once unlocked.
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Long Press Vol. Up to Skip MD5: fb981ac528861f61be39e70db1694b9e
- Long pressing volume up while screen off will skip music track
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Long Press Vol. Up to Skip, Enhanced Power Menu, and Native Tethering MD5: 47927fc5bebdc93ede93dbca3fef883a
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Long Press Vol. Up to Skip, Enhanced Power Menu, Native Tethering, and Lock Before Unlock MD5: 976b718ac517b256534516f999fd0c48
- Same as above
- Lock Before Unlock allows use of the slide-to-lock in conjunction with a secure lock. Allows for fast access to camera once unlocked.
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Disable Exchange Security MD5: bb39c243dcbe57b567fd2babd4e2890a
- Disables the Exchange security requirement
- No longer requires a pin or password when adding an Exchange account
- Account does not become a device administrator
- May not work on some Exchange configurations
- Thanks to craigacgomez for the IMM30B mod
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod MD5: 8ef935119dc06891ac274c7fefedf83d
- Back-Home-Search softkey in the navigation bar
- Long press Home for recent apps
- Long press Search for voice search
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Circular 1% battery with Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod MD5: d2255789872dacf98910b32dc00f209a
- Circular 1% battery with nice charging animation (not sure who made it, but they did a great job :)). See attached screenshot to see what it looks like.
- Back-Home-Search softkeys as above
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Circular 1% battery with Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod by dhy8386
- Circular 1% battery with nice charging animation. See attached screenshot to see what it looks like.
- Fast Glow soft keys. Button glow animation is quicker than default
- Thanks to dhy8386 for the Fast Glow option
- DOWNLOAD

Circular 1% battery Mod MD5: 924ef6b66d1f18c8e0ddbe905fef9bc8
- Circular 1% battery with nice charging animation (not sure who made it, but they did a great job :)). See attached screenshot to see what it looks like.
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Facebook Sync Mod MD5: e66950c5ea574944a91a20cd111c627d
- Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
- DOWNLOAD-----Mirror
Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
- Remove you Facebook account
- Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
- Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
- Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
- Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
- Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
- If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

Last edited:

farangutan

Jun 28, 2011
Is it safe to try the radios for this on a different ROM (ie, Liquid, AOKP, etc) because of the bootloader in the file?

Pardon my ignorance in some of this.

kyrumo71

Mar 10, 2008
Here is the new IMM76K 4.0.4 stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus. It is stock other than being rooted (chainsdd), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, and init.d support (all done with dsixda's kitchen, except the deodex part). You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios HERE.

DOWNLOAD 184.55 MB

Thanks, is always nice to have a stock appearing rom in my backups

Beamer9408

Jul 17, 2011
Is it safe to try the radios for this on a different ROM (ie, Liquid, AOKP, etc) because of the bootloader in the file?

Pardon my ignorance in some of this.

It is radios/boot loaders are rarely ever in a custom from actually can't think of any that are included.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

DirgeExtinction

Sep 24, 2010
If I'm on stock rooted IMM76K, would I still have to wipe data before flashing this?

y2kardell

Mar 12, 2008
I didnt wipe anything just browsed to the .zip file and commenced to flashing without any hiccups.

y2kardell

Mar 12, 2008
[ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips
****Is the exact ROM I was on prior to updating to IMM76K btw..............

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
[ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips
****Is the exact ROM I was on prior to updating to IMM76K btw..............

Just upgraded the same..no issues so far just wiped cache and dalvik. Had to reflash the native tethering hack and facebook sync but seems all good so far!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD 184.55 MB-----Mirror

MODS - All require a deodexed 4.0.4 IMM76K ROM

Native Tethering MD5: 66203b7baf0d38d9c98603e77a33b57f
    - Removes carrier check when tethering
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Enhanced Power Menu With Native Tethering MD5: f0758cb3b43c0e69d440728eb7ed72fc
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Enhanced Power Menu, Native Tethering, and Lock Before Unlock MD5: c829b0519a4808ff04b94ae49ded49ad
    - Same as above
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Long Press Vol. Up to Skip MD5: fb981ac528861f61be39e70db1694b9e
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Long Press Vol. Up to Skip, Enhanced Power Menu, and Native Tethering MD5: 47927fc5bebdc93ede93dbca3fef883a
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Long Press Vol. Up to Skip, Enhanced Power Menu, Native Tethering, and Lock Before Unlock MD5: 976b718ac517b256534516f999fd0c48
    - Same as above
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Disable Exchange Security MD5: bb39c243dcbe57b567fd2babd4e2890a
    - Disables the Exchange security requirement
    - No longer requires a pin or password when adding an Exchange account
    - Account does not become a device administrator
    - May not work on some Exchange configurations
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod MD5: 8ef935119dc06891ac274c7fefedf83d
    - Back-Home-Search softkey in the navigation bar
    - Long press Home for recent apps
    - Long press Search for voice search
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Circular 1% battery with Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod MD5: d2255789872dacf98910b32dc00f209a
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Circular 1% battery with Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod by dhy8386
    - Circular 1% battery with nice charging animation. See attached screenshot to see what it looks like.
    - Fast Glow soft keys. Button glow animation is quicker than default
    - Thanks to dhy8386 for the Fast Glow option
    - DOWNLOAD

Circular 1% battery Mod MD5: 924ef6b66d1f18c8e0ddbe905fef9bc8
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror

Facebook Sync Mod MD5: e66950c5ea574944a91a20cd111c627d
    - Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
    - DOWNLOAD-----Mirror
    Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
    - Remove you Facebook account
    - Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
    - Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
    - Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
    - Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
    - Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
    - If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)
    because of the above 2 posts, so far i got that we shouldnt use mods from the imm30b build. is there any mods for IMM76k yet?
    I'll be uploading crackers/craigacgomez enhancedPowerMenu-nativeTethering mod updated using IMM76K files in just a few minutes. It's definitely better to not use this mod from IMM30B. There were a lot of changes in framework.jar going from IMM30B to IMM76K. I'm just flashing/testing it and will upload to post 1 when I verify it actually works like it should :).

edit - it works and is up.
    Is there a possibility of just having the native tethering mod? As in, I want to be able to natively tether through the UI, but I don't want the reboot options.

Also, will flashing a different kernel and mod break future OTA's from Verizon/Google/Samsung?
    I might do it, but it gets a little cumbersome having to make so many different versions. What don't you like about being able to reboot your phone? :) If you've flashed a custom recovery, any deodexed/custom ROM, or a custom kernel, you will not get an update in the future. You have to be 100% stock from what I've read.

mwalt,

Can you post just the stock kernel download in your OP? The reason I ask is because I'm sure that, like me, many will want to try other kernels to see what battery life they are getting/smoothness/preference/etc, and it would be nice to be able to flash back to stock kernel if needed.

The version numbers are different for the IMM30B versus IMM76K kernel so I'm assuming they changed, even if only slightly.

Also, what are the chances of an insecure boot image?

Finally, instead of the circular battery mod, can you include craigcgomez's percentage battery mod? looks stock except for battery percentage display in the battery icon.

The stock kernel it in the ROM download, so you can get it there. It's boot.img. The boot image is already insecure (ro.secure=0, set by dsixda's kitchen in ramdisk of boot.img). You can change the battery images by replacing all "stat_sys_battery*" .png images in SystemUI.apk \res\drawable-xhdpi\. Just take the images from craigcgomez's mod. Then just
    • open the flashable .zip
    • go to /system/app
    • take SystemUI.apk out
    • open SystemUI.apk with a program like 7zip
    • place the images you want in in \res\drawable-xhdpi\
    • put SystemUI.apk back into the flashable .zip.
    Try just deleting system and busybox from the zip and flash it. It may work with the updater-script as is. I'll post it when I'm back to a PC later tonight if you don't get it.

Yeah if you could post it i tried deleting what u said and it just gets stuck on the google splash screen.

EDIT: NVM i was able to do it, i just did a different approach. I took the meta-inf folder from the stock imm67d kernel and put the kernel from this rom in a zip and flashed with success.

EDIT 2: Here is the Stock Kernel from this IMM76K Update.

View attachment stock_4.0.4_imm76k_kernel.zip
    I can't seem to download the file. It keeps hanging at 111MB. Anyone have a mirror?
    In case you haven't gotten it yet, here's a dropbox link.
    LINK.

can some one link me to the battery percentage mod? and soft key mod please
    Check post 1. I put the IMM76K versions for this deodexed ROM there.