Question ROM INDIAN OXYGENOS11.

Search This thread

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
Watch your tone. Magisk doesn't change partition size.
I'm watching my tone. If you are not sure what magisk doing during its installation - please check their documentation. Magisk patching several partitions (I didn't tell about size, content also is important), at least 'boot' and 'vbmeta'. During uninstalling, magisk can restore only 'boot' but not 'vbmeta'. However the way how incremental OTA is work requires not touched state ALL the partition which present in this OTA (both mentioned above usually there). That condition can't be satisfied by just uninstalling Magisk.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
I'm watching my tone. If you are not sure what magisk doing during its installation - please check their documentation. Magisk patching several partitions (I didn't tell about size, content also is important), at least 'boot' and 'vbmeta'. During uninstalling, magisk can restore only 'boot' but not 'vbmeta'. However the way how incremental OTA is work requires not touched state ALL the partition which present in this OTA (both mentioned above usually there). That condition can't be satisfied by just uninstalling Magisk.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I've been flashing OOS OTA updates longer than anyone else. I'm the one that gave people the instructions on how to flash OOS OTA updates if the full zip isn't available.

The problem isn't magisk. The problem is this fastboot conversion isn't legit. I had my doubts that you can update this OOS conversion normally and I am right.

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I've been flashing OOS OTA updates longer than anyone else. I'm the one that gave people the instructions on how to flash OOS OTA updates if the full zip isn't available.

The problem isn't magisk. The problem is this fastboot conversion isn't legit. I had my doubts that you can update this OOS conversion normally and I am right.
I have MT2110 device which initialy had installed ColorOS. I have done installation of Oxygen OOS A.03 on my device with custom firmware and was able to lock bootloader on my device and upgraded it to A.04 with OTA update received over the air.
That prove that if you doesn't modify device with Magisk - you can apply OTA over the air.
What I'm doing wrong? Device is still locked.

I understand that way how this convertation is done is not official. But there is no official way from the vendor and people ready to use this custom firmware to switch to OxygenOS. Also I collected some feedback from users who did the same convertation during last week. No one reports about incorrect behavior of this version of firmware.

If you want I can try to find which exactly partition is modified by magisk on this device, that it prevents to install OTA update.

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
Sorry, I need to take my words back. Latest stable version of Magisk 24.1 is able to revert all the changes what it is done on the device.
I did the next test:
1. Flash OxygenOS A03 to device.
2. Root device with Magisk 24.1
3. Try to install OTA on rooted deviece (obviously without success)
4. Uninstall Magisk by MagiskManager
5. Try to install OTA one more time. Now update successfully installed to device.

Now I have a question. Which version of firmware and which version of Magisk do you use in case when you got failed with OTA after Magisk uninstallation?
If you use firmware which was released 03 Feb. It is obviously can't be updated by OTA, because device bootloader with that version can't be locked. There is other version of firmware exists. Device bootloader can be locked with that version. I did my test with this (newer) version.

kwanhongboy

Apr 17, 2009
I am also waiting a OOS that can lock bootloader with OTA working:cry: seems oneplus not going to put the offical rom on their page.

EduFaol

Jan 22, 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-17-10-49-57-89_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-17-10-49-57-89_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 39

borg79

Sep 11, 2010
Were you able to put TWRP on your phone and then flash the rom? Or did you do it through ADB/fastboot commands? Because I'm looking to put TWRP on my (chinese) OnePlus 9RT. But I want to be able to go back with a backup in case something is not to my liking. Can you help me with that ?

Also I want to know when you flashed the the Indian Oxygen OS, are you able to make use of Android Auto again? Because that is my main goal.
I can confirm Android Auto works in the Indian version of OOS 11 !

borg79

Sep 11, 2010

Should I proceed to any update after installing the Indian rom ? I got a system update notification (MT2111export_11_A.04_2022021321390115 )!

Last edited:

EduFaol

Jan 22, 2022
Should I proceed to any update after installing the Indian rom ? I got a system update notification (MT2111export_11_A.04_2022021321390115 )!
you can update, if there is an error you can do this by downloading the updated firmware and installing via bootloader by flash-all.bat

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
1. It depends where did you got previous OxygenOS rom for you device.
2. OTA can't be applied if you device has magisk installed on it (requires magisk uninstallation).

If name of the file is "op9rt_oos_fastboot-rom.zip" with underscores in the name. You can't apply OTA and can't lock bootloader.
In this case you need to flash correct firmware.

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
Keep in mind that firmware mentioned by EduFaol still not in public. The only version available in public is what you have installed. I think today we will post link to correct firmware to public. We collected enough feedback from testers to be sure that it works as expected. Or you can PM me if you can't wait official release.

Reactions: EduFaol

EduFaol

Jan 22, 2022
Keep in mind that firmware mentioned by EduFaol still not in public. The only version available in public is what you have installed. I think today we will post link to correct firmware to public. We collected enough feedback from testers to be sure that it works as expected. Or you can PM me if you can't wait official release.
Will there still be another firmware posted by you these days? what will be the differences in relation to A.04?

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
For everyone interested in migration to OxygenOS.
Please note that I have created thread with firmware and instruction for migration.
Good luck with you migrations!

Reactions: PsyCLown89

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Sorry, I need to take my words back. Latest stable version of Magisk 24.1 is able to revert all the changes what it is done on the device.
I did the next test:
1. Flash OxygenOS A03 to device.
2. Root device with Magisk 24.1
3. Try to install OTA on rooted deviece (obviously without success)
4. Uninstall Magisk by MagiskManager
5. Try to install OTA one more time. Now update successfully installed to device.

Now I have a question. Which version of firmware and which version of Magisk do you use in case when you got failed with OTA after Magisk uninstallation?
If you use firmware which was released 03 Feb. It is obviously can't be updated by OTA, because device bootloader with that version can't be locked. There is other version of firmware exists. Device bootloader can be locked with that version. I did my test with this (newer) version.
I used the first one that was posted. Which version are you referring to?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will not be responsible for any problems related to your phone. Please research carefully and think before you do it.

Thanks to you @HELLBOY017 and @abhinavgupta371 Shared files

To unlock bootloader here are the steps:
    1. Enable Developer options by going to settings About Phone and then keep tapping build number until a dialogue comes saying developer options are enabled/unlocked/on.
    2. Go to Developer options by: Settings - System - Developer options
    3. Enable OEM unlocking.
    4. Enable USB debugging.
    5. Connect your mobile to pc.
    6. Check if adb is working, command "adb devices"
    - Check the item OEM unlocking in developer options again
    7. if working run cmd "adb reboot bootloader"
    8. if not working check adb drivers.
    9. if step 7 is success, you should be in fastboot mode.
    10. Check if fastboot detects our device by giving cmd "fastboot devices"
    11. if working, it's time. Give cmd "fastboot flashing unlock"
    12. if not working check fastboot drivers.
    13. if step 10 is success,You will get a unlocking screen in mobile, navigate with volume keys and power button to accept. Choose: Yes, unlock bootloader option. This will format and unlock your phone.

Extract and run flash-all.bat file
    I don't understand why Oneplus releases different variations for their ROMs in different countries. Is it because of government regulations?
    It is a first half of answer. OnePlus had different roms for China and for all other world previously too (HydrogenOS and OxygenOS respectively). Chinese ROM doesn't contain Google apps, because Google is blocked in China. Instead of Google services it contains chinese replacements. In other aspects Hydrogen and Oxygen were similar.
    Second half of the answer is current transformation of OnePlus. It basically merges Oppo brand, plans were anounced to merge Oppo's ColorOS with Oxygen and introduce new OS for both brands. But at current stage only chinese version (HydrogenOS) switched to ColorOS completely. These two OS-es are very different and not so compatible as previously. For 9RT chinese version (with ColorOS) released 3 month ago, but Indian version with OxygenOS is just released. It is lack of available ROMs as of now. I bought chinese version of phone on Aliexpress and waiting for possibility to switch from ColorOS to OxygenOS.
    One plus is gone. The brand is over
    Hello. Im from VietNam, I'm using coloros12 in this my device. i want to experience oxygenos11. When do we have ROM OXYGENOS11?
    At least with the OP9 it was possible to switch I think.
    Well, 9R doesn't have so much options to migrate as global verions. I think we should look on 9R that is also only for China and India.
    Why the Hell isn’t the full ROM available at oneplus.in
    I think it will be available later, when there will be updates. As of now we only one week after release in India and there is no major updates.
    And what’s also bothering me, could I flash the original OP9 Global ROM because the Hardware is almost identical to the 9RT?
    No. It is different devices, it may be similar by some specs, but there are differences in things like camera, modem and so on. Basically you should use roms for 9 to flash 9 and roms for 9RT to flash 9RT.