• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Infused v2.0.2 - Gingerbread - (08/10/11) - On hold for a couple days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Infused v2 Gingerbread

Features:

Kernel:
-Voodoo lagfix by supercurio! (all partitions converted to ext4)
-CWM w/ ext4 support and Voodoo lagfix config options built in
-Lowmemkiller tweaks
-Background writeout tweaks
-Init.d script support

ROM:
-Based on Rogers UXKG3 firmware
-Rooted
-Busybox
-Fully deodexed and zipaligned
-Removed bloatware (Buddies Now, Days, Dual Clock, Facebook, Mini Diary, Protips, Rogers My Account, urMusic, and Write and Go)
-Optimized TouchWiz 3 launcher with Galaxy S II inspired theme
-Galaxy S II lockscreen
-Lightly themed (Galaxy S II inspired launcher theme, Galaxy S II icons, dark Gingerbread style menus, and a couple other things)
-CM7 style battery icon with 1% accuracy
-Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
-Galaxy S II wallpapers
-CRT screen off animation
-Extended power menu with reboot, recovery, and download options
-Modded logs provider (text messages will not be displayed in the phone log)
-Modded camera:
  • Allows taking pictures with the power button
  • Works with less than 15% battery and during calls
-Additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never)
-Mobile AP and USB tethering
-Updated Google apps
-Unbranded Market
-Kies Air (this a very cool app)
-AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups)
-Automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
-Power on and charging full sounds disabled
-Wifi scan interval set to 120 seconds to reduce battery drain (default was 15)
-Browser home page set to Google and Rogers bookmarks removed
-Quite a few addons available!

BETA 2 Changelog:
Kernel:
-Lowmemkiller tweaks
-Init.d script support
ROM:
-Theme modifications: Messaging and Settings
-Updated Adobe Flash, Gmail, and Street View
-Switched Nexus live wallpaper out for the Nexus S version
-Added automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
-Changed GPRS class to 12
-Changed default UI selection sound
-Disabled power on and charging full sounds
-Fixed a bug in the TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
-Fixed busybox installation
-Fixed permissions to match the UXKG3 release build
-Cleaned up unnecessary libs and binaries only found in the UXKG3 test build
-Removed MediaHub (Purchased content would not play. UXKG3 is probably missing some drm files since it didn't ship with MediaHub.)

BETA 3 Changelog: (Page 62)
ROM:
-Galaxy S II lockscreen
-Fixed Adobe Flash
-Changed hsxpa to 2 (for real this time)
-Updated BusyBox to version 1.18.4 (fixes some things in root apps)
-Removed AOSP Gingerbread launcher (it can be a bit laggy with UXKG3 for some reason)
New Addons:
-Enable AOSP lockscreen
-Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)
-Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)
-Disable all overscroll effects
-Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent
-Revert to the default Infused configuration
Tip:
-There is still some lockscreen lag, but it's only visual. If you quickly drag your finger across the screen it will unlock just as quickly as on Froyo builds despite the background taking a second to start moving. Luckily the Galaxy S II lockscreen makes it much easier to unlock directly to missed calls and messages.

v2.0.0 Stable Changelog: (Page 106)
Kernel:
-Rainbows fixed by LinuxBozo. CWM, video playback, and the camera viewfinder are all rainbow free and working perfectly now! Show your appreciation by clicking here and buying him a few beers!
-Battery charge current property fixed by Entropy512. This should fix apps like Current Widget.
ROM:
-Set wifi scan interval to 120 seconds (hopefully this will improve battery life a bit when wifi is enabled but not connected)

v2.0.1 Changelog: (Page 178)
Kernel:
-Disabled Carrier IQ. It's a service that runs in the background and collects and sends anonymous network statistics to carriers. It was eating cpu cycles and nothing about this was good.
ROM:
-Removed Carrier IQ
-New AOSP style notification pulldown theme
-Updated YouTube (obviously only included in the full install) (edit: no longer included in the full install either because Google is being retarded lately and releasing buggy updates)

v2.0.2 Changelog: (Page 192)
-Fixed HSPA+. Thanks to LinuxBozo (again... damn) for the suggested fix and to umm for testing it. I couldn't test this because I don't get HSPA+ in my area regardless. To complete the fix after updating, you need to go to Settings > Wireless and network > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and then select menu > Reset to default. When it finishes resetting select ATT PHONE and back out. You should be rocking HSPA+ now.

New addon (8/9):
-Added an addon to install the newly redesigned Market. I modified it to fix the insufficient space error. Don't give Google any credit for getting off their asses, because they haven't yet.

Status Update (8/10):
The ROM has been pulled for a couple days while I investigate network connection speed issues.

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
Updated 8/7 @ 1:00PM
1) Do NOT install Beta 1 and 2 themes on Beta 3 and newer! THEY WILL NOT WORK!
2) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Tips and answers to common questions
Updated 8/5 @ 8:00PM
1) Animations are disabled by default. Enable them by going to Settings > Display > Animation and selecting "All Animations". If you don't do this, you won't see the CRT screen off animation!
2) If your GPS isn't locking, try this: Go to the phone app and dial *#*#3214789650#*#*. The Angry GPS configuration app will open. Clear GPS data and back out. It may help to reboot after doing that as well.
3) If the power widget isn't working and shows no icons, simply toggling something like GPS in the notification pulldown will fix it. This doesn't seem to be something I caused, but rather a bug in the Rogers shipping ROM. I believe a lot of Galaxy S Gingerbread builds have this problem as well, so it's a Samsung trademark.

Installing from AT&T/Rogers stock, Infused v1, or Infused V2 BETA 1:
Updated 8/7 @ 1:00PM - Clarifications
1) You must be rooted.
2) If you have a /Voodoo folder on your internal SD card, delete it and reboot.
3) If you're already running a custom ROM with Voodoo lagfix FULLY enabled, you can skip to step 7.
4) Download CWM-community-kernel-v8.zip if you're on Froyo or CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip if you're on Gingerbread and place it on your internal SD card.
5) Install SGS Kernel Flasher from the Market.
6) Open SGS Kernel Flasher, select choose kernel, select the file you downloaded, and select flash kernel. Your phone will reboot and begin to enable Voodoo lagfix. Let it do that and boot all the way up. It will take a while (5-10 minutes) because it's converting all partitions to ext4.
7) If you're on Froyo, you must now install a file explorer like Root Explorer from the Market and use it to delete the file /system/bin/recovery. You will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button in Root Explorer before it will let you delete it. I can't stress this enough... you MUST MUST MUST delete that file before continuing or else you will get boot loops!
8) Now install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
9) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
10) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
11) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select full.
12) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the ROM. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
13) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you MUST check "Wipe Data and Cache" unless you're coming from Infused V2 BETA 1.
14) Press OK. Your phone will reboot and automatically install the ROM. Just sit back and relax.
15) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Updating from Infused v2 BETA 2, 3, or v2.0.0 Stable:
Updated 8/5
1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
2) If you aren't able to select "Download ROM", select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
3) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Full" if you're on BETA 2, select "v2.0.0 - v2.0.2 Update" if you're on BETA 3 or v2.0.0 Stable, or select "v2.0.1 - v2.0.2 Update" if you're on... you guessed it... v2.0.1.
5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the update. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
6) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you can uncheck "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and press OK.
7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the update. Just sit back and relax.

Installing addons:
Updated 8/5
2) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
3) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Addons only".
5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download them. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
6) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you can uncheck "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and press OK.
7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the addons. Just sit back and relax.

Known issues: (yes, we are working on these)
-No HDMI support. It was not present in the Rogers base ROM.
-The default lockscreen is a bit laggy. Again, the Rogers base ROM shipped this way. Use the AOSP lockscreen addon or WidgetLocker if you can't stand it.

Note about addons: The only overscroll addon that is compatible with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent" is "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)", and for that to work you need to flash "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)" first. "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)" and "Disable all overscroll effects" will not work with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent".

I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

Last edited:

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
snap20110804014319.png

snap20110804012630.png

snap20110804012651.png

snap20110804012606.png

snap20110809013623.png

snap20110804012704.png

snap20110804013258.png

Last edited:

jhunt1

Sep 10, 2010
Dyess AFB, TX
What a pleasant surprise. I thought you said you were done until the official release. THANK YOU for not giving up :)

Will Download as soon as the link is up and running.

Thanks again buddy.

parcsalooc

May 20, 2008
Richmond Virginia
So still disable voodoo even though this one has it enabled? Didn't know if instructions were just copy and pasted from beta 1. I am coming from 1.5.3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Infused v2 Gingerbread

Features:

Kernel:
    -CWM w/ ext4 support and Voodoo lagfix config options built in
    -Lowmemkiller tweaks
    -Init.d script support

ROM:
    -Based on Rogers UXKG3 firmware
    -Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    -Removed bloatware (Buddies Now, Days, Dual Clock, Facebook, Mini Diary, Protips, Rogers My Account, urMusic, and Write and Go)
    -Optimized TouchWiz 3 launcher with Galaxy S II inspired theme
    -Galaxy S II lockscreen
    -Lightly themed (Galaxy S II inspired launcher theme, Galaxy S II icons, dark Gingerbread style menus, and a couple other things)
    -CM7 style battery icon with 1% accuracy
    -Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
    -Galaxy S II wallpapers
    -CRT screen off animation
    -Extended power menu with reboot, recovery, and download options
    -Modded logs provider (text messages will not be displayed in the phone log)
    -Modded camera:
    • Allows taking pictures with the power button
    • Works with less than 15% battery and during calls
    -Additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never)
    -Mobile AP and USB tethering
    -Updated Google apps
    -Unbranded Market
    -Kies Air (this a very cool app)
    -AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups)
    -Automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
    -Power on and charging full sounds disabled
    -Wifi scan interval set to 120 seconds to reduce battery drain (default was 15)
    -Browser home page set to Google and Rogers bookmarks removed
    -Quite a few addons available!

BETA 2 Changelog:
    Kernel:
    -Lowmemkiller tweaks
    -Init.d script support
    ROM:
    -Theme modifications: Messaging and Settings
    -Updated Adobe Flash, Gmail, and Street View
    -Switched Nexus live wallpaper out for the Nexus S version
    -Added automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
    -Changed GPRS class to 12
    -Changed default UI selection sound
    -Disabled power on and charging full sounds
    -Fixed a bug in the TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
    -Fixed busybox installation
    -Fixed permissions to match the UXKG3 release build
    -Cleaned up unnecessary libs and binaries only found in the UXKG3 test build
    -Removed MediaHub (Purchased content would not play. UXKG3 is probably missing some drm files since it didn't ship with MediaHub.)

BETA 3 Changelog: (Page 62)
    ROM:
    -Galaxy S II lockscreen
    -Fixed Adobe Flash
    -Changed hsxpa to 2 (for real this time)
    -Updated BusyBox to version 1.18.4 (fixes some things in root apps)
    -Removed AOSP Gingerbread launcher (it can be a bit laggy with UXKG3 for some reason)
    New Addons:
    -Enable AOSP lockscreen
    -Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)
    -Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)
    -Disable all overscroll effects
    -Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent
    -Revert to the default Infused configuration
    Tip:
    -There is still some lockscreen lag, but it's only visual. If you quickly drag your finger across the screen it will unlock just as quickly as on Froyo builds despite the background taking a second to start moving. Luckily the Galaxy S II lockscreen makes it much easier to unlock directly to missed calls and messages.

v2.0.0 Stable Changelog: (Page 106)
    Kernel:
    -Rainbows fixed by LinuxBozo. CWM, video playback, and the camera viewfinder are all rainbow free and working perfectly now! Show your appreciation by clicking here and buying him a few beers!
    -Battery charge current property fixed by Entropy512. This should fix apps like Current Widget.
    ROM:
    -Set wifi scan interval to 120 seconds (hopefully this will improve battery life a bit when wifi is enabled but not connected)

v2.0.1 Changelog: (Page 178)
    Kernel:
    -Disabled Carrier IQ. It's a service that runs in the background and collects and sends anonymous network statistics to carriers. It was eating cpu cycles and nothing about this was good.
    ROM:
    -Removed Carrier IQ
    -New AOSP style notification pulldown theme
    -Updated YouTube (obviously only included in the full install) (edit: no longer included in the full install either because Google is being retarded lately and releasing buggy updates)

v2.0.2 Changelog: (Page 192)
    -Fixed HSPA+. Thanks to LinuxBozo (again... damn) for the suggested fix and to umm for testing it. I couldn't test this because I don't get HSPA+ in my area regardless. To complete the fix after updating, you need to go to Settings > Wireless and network > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and then select menu > Reset to default. When it finishes resetting select ATT PHONE and back out. You should be rocking HSPA+ now.

New addon (8/9):
    -Added an addon to install the newly redesigned Market. I modified it to fix the insufficient space error. Don't give Google any credit for getting off their asses, because they haven't yet.

Status Update (8/10):
    The ROM has been pulled for a couple days while I investigate network connection speed issues.

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
    Updated 8/7 @ 1:00PM
    1) Do NOT install Beta 1 and 2 themes on Beta 3 and newer! THEY WILL NOT WORK!
    2) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Tips and answers to common questions
    Updated 8/5 @ 8:00PM
    1) Animations are disabled by default. Enable them by going to Settings > Display > Animation and selecting "All Animations". If you don't do this, you won't see the CRT screen off animation!
    2) If your GPS isn't locking, try this: Go to the phone app and dial *#*#3214789650#*#*. The Angry GPS configuration app will open. Clear GPS data and back out. It may help to reboot after doing that as well.
    3) If the power widget isn't working and shows no icons, simply toggling something like GPS in the notification pulldown will fix it. This doesn't seem to be something I caused, but rather a bug in the Rogers shipping ROM. I believe a lot of Galaxy S Gingerbread builds have this problem as well, so it's a Samsung trademark.

Installing from AT&T/Rogers stock, Infused v1, or Infused V2 BETA 1:
    Updated 8/7 @ 1:00PM - Clarifications
    1) You must be rooted.
    2) If you have a /Voodoo folder on your internal SD card, delete it and reboot.
    3) If you're already running a custom ROM with Voodoo lagfix FULLY enabled, you can skip to step 7.
    4) Download CWM-community-kernel-v8.zip if you're on Froyo or CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip if you're on Gingerbread and place it on your internal SD card.
    5) Install SGS Kernel Flasher from the Market.
    6) Open SGS Kernel Flasher, select choose kernel, select the file you downloaded, and select flash kernel. Your phone will reboot and begin to enable Voodoo lagfix. Let it do that and boot all the way up. It will take a while (5-10 minutes) because it's converting all partitions to ext4.
    7) If you're on Froyo, you must now install a file explorer like Root Explorer from the Market and use it to delete the file /system/bin/recovery. You will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button in Root Explorer before it will let you delete it. I can't stress this enough... you MUST MUST MUST delete that file before continuing or else you will get boot loops!
    8) Now install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
    9) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    10) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
    11) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select full.
    12) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the ROM. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    13) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you MUST check "Wipe Data and Cache" unless you're coming from Infused V2 BETA 1.
    14) Press OK. Your phone will reboot and automatically install the ROM. Just sit back and relax.
    15) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Updating from Infused v2 BETA 2, 3, or v2.0.0 Stable:
    Updated 8/5
    2) If you aren't able to select "Download ROM", select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Full" if you're on BETA 2, select "v2.0.0 - v2.0.2 Update" if you're on BETA 3 or v2.0.0 Stable, or select "v2.0.1 - v2.0.2 Update" if you're on... you guessed it... v2.0.1.
    5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the update. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the update. Just sit back and relax.

Installing addons:
    Updated 8/5
    2) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Addons only".
    5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download them. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the addons. Just sit back and relax.

Known issues: (yes, we are working on these)
    -No HDMI support. It was not present in the Rogers base ROM.
    -The default lockscreen is a bit laggy. Again, the Rogers base ROM shipped this way. Use the AOSP lockscreen addon or WidgetLocker if you can't stand it.

Note about addons: The only overscroll addon that is compatible with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent" is "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)", and for that to work you need to flash "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)" first. "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)" and "Disable all overscroll effects" will not work with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent".

I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

Until the developer has a ROM online to discuss, this thread is locked down.

Developer can contact me to reopen it.
    Kinda defeats the purpose of community if you want praise for the good but not criticism for the bugs. You're unbelievable.

**** it, I don't care, I'm done with the hypocrisy. Devs always ask for feedback on their product, yet then get defensive when they get any feedback that's not glowing positive.

I said it's a great rom, but at the same time, there's a reason people buy 4G phones.... for 4G! Otherwise there have been 100s of different options domestic and internationally that are vastly superior to the Inspire 4G with support for the 3G frequencies. So yeah, when you take away the 4G from the Inspire 4G don't expect glowing reviews.

I certainly appreciate the work devs put into it, but just because you provide something for nothing as a hobby (it's not a business), then solicit people for feedback, don't get upset when you get honest feedback. There have now been more than 30 people stating their speeds have decreased downward from 4G with the upgrade to 2.0.2, so CLEARLY there are issues. It's not personal, it's not an insult nor an attack. If you don't want feedback, don't ask for it. If you only want cheerleaders, don't have an open forum that encourages bug reports.

This is the first time I've used a rom where the devs have been so sensitive. Most software developers thrive on finding bugs and fixing them, not attacking their user base who point them out.

this has just become a waste of time. The stock rom is a pain in the ass, and not ideal, but if having gingerbread means not having 4G on my inspire 4G then I'm sorry, it's not a fit for me.

With this said, I don't think I'm the only user who is noticing the issue with speeds, so you can either pout that the ROM isn't perfect and blame everything except the ONE factor that's changed for every user that has the issue (going to Infused 2.x), or you can put on your smarty pants and work with your users to troubleshoot and work through the issue to restore the "4G" that many in this and other forums are obviously experiencing. Jeeezus!

I'm sorry, but what the **** are you talking about? I do love feedback, both positive and negative, but it needs to be informative. Bitching and whining about problems and filling threads with useless posts doesn't help anyone. In order to properly diagnose problems, I need detailed bug reports with data and preferably logs to back them up. The vast majority of the bs you, bella92108, have cluttered my thread with is not helping me diagnose this potential network problem. The most frustrating part is that you occasionally attempt to correct developers despite your clear and obvious lack of understanding of some of these technologies and concepts. Every developer in here knew you were full of it as soon as you suggested I set hsxpa to 14. That was only the beginning of a string of inaccurate assumptions and statements, yet you continue to rant on like you know what you're talking about. THIS is why you have been attacked by various people in this thread. Granted, you do know that your data speed is slower on v2.0.2, but that's about all you know it seems. You should have just left it at that and let us look into it behind the scenes.

Also, the ROM has been pulled while I investigate the network connection speed issue. I was clearly only asking for more bitching and whining by leaving it posted since hardly anyone wanted to actually report some useful data or help fix the issue. THIS is why Infuse developers have been running CM7, Gingerbread OC kernels, and all of the other cool stuff Entropy512 mentioned and almost none of it has been posted here on xda. CLEARLY people DO NOT read instructions and CLEARLY people are expecting too much perfection from projects that are works in progress and something us devs do on the side for fun. This, my friends, is why you can't have nice things.
    Will post a new test version later for people in 4G areas to experiment with.