Search This thread

lbrenes

Aug 1, 2008
San Jose
Battery Life

I need to say THANKS BAAD!! this is sick before version 5.1.7 I was getting 6-8 hours of battery since 5.1.7 I have 20+ hours.. this is insane for me...

This ROCKS!! THANKS!!!!

bASKOU

Mar 4, 2012
Nîmes
Thanks a lot for this new rom, smooth and fast. I always use you Rom's cause they are perfectly martch with the way I like to use my phone.

Only thing, I don't know if it's work on other rom's either. Maybe this is an ICS bug. When I setup a custom lockscreen wallpaper it's always show the home wallpaper. Is there a fix for that?

And to finish this post:

To all people who know only how complain for the kernels, there is a lot of InsertCoin versions, all working very well! And if you are unhappy with the way baad and all the team makes they roms you are free to use any custom's rom that may fit with your preferences. This way we'll be able to enjou reading this tread without being annoying by your requests and complains.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

dishko

Dec 14, 2010
Belgrade
Hello,

Adrian, many thanks for your work. I have been using and testing your Insert Coin Roms since it first appeared for HTC Desire.
:)
Now I am using it on Sensation.
Anyhow, mostly I have no problems at all, but with last version 5.1.7 - I have sudden reboots, with no rules of rebooting.
The first was in the middle of a call (received a call, wanted to accept the call) and it crashed.
The other two were - when unlocking with pattern. Since the crash while unlocking with pattern occurred twice, I had it removed - and will report whether it stopped.

Any ideas, anyone ?

smint86

Jul 8, 2011
Dortmund
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello,

Adrian, many thanks for your work. I have been using and testing your Insert Coin Roms since it first appeared for HTC Desire.
:)
Now I am using it on Sensation.
Anyhow, mostly I have no problems at all, but with last version 5.1.7 - I have sudden reboots, with no rules of rebooting.
The first was in the middle of a call (received a call, wanted to accept the call) and it crashed.
The other two were - when unlocking with pattern. Since the crash while unlocking with pattern occurred twice, I had it removed - and will report whether it stopped.

Any ideas, anyone ?

Sounds to me like it could be kernel related? Are you using bricked v0.5 (which comes with 5.1.7) or did you flash a different one?

If you are still on bricked v0.5, you could try to flash v0.55 beta and see if it solves the problem for you.

Random reboots mostly are kernel related. In order to fix them, in most cases your kernel chef will be abled to do something about it. But he needs logs to do so. So after your random reboot, you have to get the "last_kmsg" from /proc/. Either save it manually (with root explorer or similar app), or get it via adb:

Code:
adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > C:\where\you\want\it\to\go\last_kmsg.log

You have to get this file AFTER your random reboot and BEFORE you reboot the device another time! If you are using bricked, open up a new issue at the tracker. Make sure it doesn't already exist, if it does, attach your log to the existing issue as a comment. Also make sure that you are using the most up to date version of the kernel (in bricked case the v0.55 beta posted above).

Reactions: dishko and olly2009

cjm1979

Apr 9, 2009
Batley
Ok i have to ask this, although i really like this rom and enjoying baad's work from day one in my Sensation i really don't like to see the 2 ic wallpapers in sense wallpaper preview.
I prefer to have my phone with completely stock look so i removed them after flashing the rom..
The problem is that now i have 2 grey preview images in sense wallpaper preview that are very annoying, so can someone tell me how to remove them?
I know that the wallpapers are in /system/customize/resource and i also know that there are some lines in system/customize/mns/default.xml which i deleted but the annoying grey preview's are still there.

You can see bellow what i mean..

PS: I have cleared Sense data and dalvik-cache without any luck.

Why don't you just copy the stock wallpapers into the place of the ones you've deleted or get some that you like and name them the same as the ones you've deleted and put them in there instead?

fridgeman

Aug 8, 2008
Has the weather widget stopped showing where you are apart from country for anyone? Also got the same in the clock, just says UK now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

smint86

Jul 8, 2011
Dortmund
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7 Pro
Has the weather widget stopped showing where you are apart from country for anyone? Also got the same in the clock, just says UK now.

Unfortunately, yes. I'm in Germany, it won't change to my current city anymore. I got activated all options needed (at least I hope so, see screenshots) and it worked all the time before. I first discovered the problem yesterday iirc (could be longer ofc, maybe since I installed 5.1.7, but can't say that for 100%).

screenshot2012032812151.png
screenshot2012032812145.png

cosmin_b78

Jun 16, 2010
London
I'm in UK and I have a similar problem. Sometimes the weather is showing the location,but sometimes not, it's showing just UK.I don't think is rom related because it happened with different roms before.

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
I'm in UK and I have a similar problem. Sometimes the weather is showing the location,but sometimes not, it's showing just UK.I don't think is rom related because it happened with different roms before.

Well it never happened to me, even when I was in small villages , the weather either showed for the nearest city or for that village

InsertCoined from my awesome phone

brommau

Nov 4, 2007
Münster, Germany

Same here in Germany (Münster). Sometimes is no weather avaible then it activates the weather of "Deutschland" and shows it till the weather of "Münster" is avaible again. Its not a bug of this rom, is a feature of accuweather when local weather is not readable I think.

Reactions: tsrzealot

tsrzealot

Dec 5, 2009
Same here in Germany (Münster). Sometimes is no weather avaible then it activates the weather of "Deutschland" and shows it till the weather of "Münster" is avaible again. Its not a bug of this rom, is a feature of accuweather when local weather is not readable I think.

This.

It happened to me, too, but after weeks of flawless experience with the same ROM, so I dismissed the thought of ROM-relatedness. Then it happened to friends of mine with untouched phones (stock rom, not rooted). Therefore, definitely not a rom issue.

smint86

Jul 8, 2011
Dortmund
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7 Pro

This.

It happened to me, too, but after weeks of flawless experience with the same ROM, so I dismissed the thought of ROM-relatedness. Then it happened to friends of mine with untouched phones (stock rom, not rooted). Therefore, definitely not a rom issue.

I don't think it's due to a lack of weather data. When I select my city manually in the weather app, it shows my local forecast. There must be a problem of recognizing my current city (or my location at all). With other apps it works without problems (maps for example, a very accurate position just via WiFI, without GPS).

I don't think it's ROM related but a bug by HTC (weather app). Maybe there is any way to fix it :rolleyes:.

chovav

Mar 3, 2009
Hello,

I'm am really enjoying this last rom, the bricked v0.5 kernel is the best so far.

One problem though - most of the times, when I click on a bookmark using the HTC bookmarks widget, the browser opens but not the bookmark I clicked on (it opens the last opened page).

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? I read about 20 pages back but couldn't see anyone complaining about this.

Greetings,

Chovav

ziggy1001

Aug 7, 2010
London
I don't think it's ROM related but a bug by HTC (weather app). Maybe there is any way to fix it :rolleyes:.
I had this awhile back on a different rom and when i posted on one of the HTC Facebook pages people with different phones, on different continents all had the same problem, so i guess up to HTC to fix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2myc5es.png

Before you start using this rom here are some things you need to know

1. Suggestions are always welcomed but I hate requests - you want something so bad do it your self or ask HTC. you paid them not me.

2. Don't ask for ETA is rude and offensive. When is done is done.

3. Custom Roms come without warranty. They are tested before release but something always can go bad. So if you broke your phone or you got fired because the alarm didn't rang - IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM!

4. Support is limited. Sometimes i can answer your questions sometimes i don't have the time, sometimes i don't have an answer so please do no repeat your question or get offended because I haven't answered you

5. Don't compare roms. Is rude and offensive for chefs. if other rom has what you need, use that rom.

6. You can use any parts of the ROM as you please. You can even kang the rom and make "your" ROM. I really don't care

By using the rom you agree with the above terms!

Latest firmware HERE

Today's offer is Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6 .

What you get:

- Base: 3.32.401.105 Final RUU
    - IceCreamSandwich 4.0.3
    - Deodexed
    - Init.d support
    - Rooted
    - Improved SQLIte
    - Improved GPU configuration
    - GPU Acceleration ON
    - Ad-free
    - APKs optimized to speed up and reduced memory footprint
    - Removed HTC Sniffing Tools
    - Tons of tweaks and optimizations
    - system mounted as RW with barrier=0 option

CHANGELOG

DOWNLOADS

DONORS - THANK YOU ALL
    Support

Aditional Resources

Users signatures made by VladNosferatu

Users signatures made by jerrytan93

User signatures made by CloudyX

InsertCoin ART

Why? as I mention earlier, when mummy and daddy fight, is the kids who suffer so i'll do my best not to make the kids suffer.

Fresh start. Thread rating is gone.. thread views the same
    yes. you are right, finish will be a better word.

Here is the explanation for my decision

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26035425&postcount=1101

and if makes anyone feel better, same thing happened to one x rom.. reason .. in the link above
    yes i forgot to add "check by default unknown sources" but keep in mind that

1. i did 4 roms over the weekend when i was visiting my grandparents, probably most of ppl would have thrown the laptop away and open it monday
    2. if im not mistaken IC is the ONLY rom that provides this addon, many things you take for granted in this rom, are made everytime there is a new base. lots of things happening behind the scenes so you can enjoy the final product.

but more and more people care less about this, i'm not saying all, but everyday new users come to xda, they don't read, they don't search, they only demand ! i'm getting a bit tired of all this.

When i started to make roms, the only goal was to make a rom the way i like it Period ! over the time i started to oblige users requests, offering mods, later optional in installs, and in the last period interactive install. but heh is never enough.

I'm starting to loose the passion for this, i know i can't please all, you may not like it, it's fine, it's not my goal to make anyone happy, but if you don't like don't take a dump on my work, don't use it, or make a nice suggestion it ENGLISH not engrish and not with a demanding attitude.

examples " i will switch rom coz of no auto-restore " lol wtf dude, is not like you flash this rom every hour. is not like you have to wipe on every update, and even so, you can't live without it, switch roms and move on.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone