ROM - Inspired DHD AFR - now with improved audio

Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
Borrowed from our friends in Europe, Americanized, with the Inspire Kernel (enabling sound) and install scripts swiped from Modaco, this is based on the latest Euro RUU, with no additions except busybox. Superuser market updates were clobbering things up, so install that from market and you should be good to go.

AFR003 is a clean, unbranded, deodexed ROM for the HTC Inspire (American DHD). It has the built in USB and WIFI tethering (no fee) capabilities, it's rooted with busybox. AFR003 includes an audio improvement hack engineered by Jasonyump.

md5: 249083ce88b626c362ec0682617127df inspired-dhd-afr003-signed.zip (2/20)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a rooted rom based on the stocker. Sideload toggle enabled, massive locale list and root/busybox installed. Stock Audio.

md5: 8ffb190d16b1cccbb1be61ee075f1e16 att-inspire-rooted-signed.zip (root fixed 2/20)

Changelog:

afr001 - initial version
afr002 - updated to latest WWE (telus) firmware, with US locale default, retained EU locales and added English & French Canadian locations.
afr003 - scrapped Telus base (branded rom), deodexed and added Jasonyump audio update.

Hint: to start clockwork recovery and flash roms/add ons on the HTC Inspire/DHD:
  • place the zipfile to be flashed on the sdcard. Do NOT unzip it.
  • menu > settings > applications > uncheck fast boot
  • turn phone off, no usb connected
  • hold down vol-down button, then press power to start - keep holding the vol-down button until Hboot menu shows up
  • use the vol - down button to scroll down to recovery after sdfilechecks are done (they will fash by quickly)
  • press power to start recovery
  • use vol down button to navigate, power button to select
  • OPTIONAL: If recommended by rom author or if flashing over another rom type, wipe data/factory reset
  • install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > select zipfile > Yes - (name of zipfile)
  • repeat choose zip from sdcard for any add ons (gapps, themes, kernels, etc)
  • press back button when flashing is complete until reboot system now is at the top of the screen.
  • press power to reboot the system.
  • If desired, return the fast boot setting to on in settings. (See above)

Last edited:

borguesian

Oct 2, 2010
So we should be able to just swap the kernel in any dhd rom with an inspire one and be good?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

harlenm

Feb 8, 2007
So, use instructions from other thread then flash with this rom?

This has hsupa enabled?

One last question, how can you go back to stock in case of return or exchange?

Thanks a bunch.

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Cool, thanks - how do we flash this? I'm coming from a Samsung and used to using Odin, etc. Do we just rename to "update.zip" and install that way? Thanks.

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Be Gentle..

I'm new to the HTC world but have flashed tons of roms on my Captivate (now retired). How would one flash this, via rom manager?

I take it I have to be rooted first, I'm ok with doing this but can someone point in the direction of how to do so?

Thanks in advance and I'm excited to join the HTC community :D

JCreazy

Jan 15, 2011
Missouri
EDIT: I went outside and my GPS connected, it was just me being paranoid

I am not for sure if it is this ROM, I am paranoid, or there is something wrong with my phone, but I have had my GPS on for the past 30 minutes and it cannot find any sattelites. I am inside a building and I know that could have an affect but I would think after 30 minutes it would find something.

Last edited:

yg17

May 16, 2007
St. Louis
Are there instructions out there on how to install this ROM (which I presume basically debrands it, removing the AT&T preinstalled garbage and enabling tethering/hotspot) on a 100% stock, unrooted Inspire that a complete and total n00b to Android development can follow without bricking his phone? All this is new to me and some instructions for an idiot like myself would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Borrowed from our friends in Europe, Americanized, with the Inspire Kernel (enabling sound) and install scripts swiped from Modaco, this is based on the latest Euro RUU, with no additions except busybox. Superuser market updates were clobbering things up, so install that from market and you should be good to go.

AFR003 is a clean, unbranded, deodexed ROM for the HTC Inspire (American DHD). It has the built in USB and WIFI tethering (no fee) capabilities, it's rooted with busybox. AFR003 includes an audio improvement hack engineered by Jasonyump.

md5: 249083ce88b626c362ec0682617127df inspired-dhd-afr003-signed.zip (2/20)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a rooted rom based on the stocker. Sideload toggle enabled, massive locale list and root/busybox installed. Stock Audio.

md5: 8ffb190d16b1cccbb1be61ee075f1e16 att-inspire-rooted-signed.zip (root fixed 2/20)

Changelog:

afr001 - initial version
    afr002 - updated to latest WWE (telus) firmware, with US locale default, retained EU locales and added English & French Canadian locations.
    afr003 - scrapped Telus base (branded rom), deodexed and added Jasonyump audio update.

Hint: to start clockwork recovery and flash roms/add ons on the HTC Inspire/DHD:
    • place the zipfile to be flashed on the sdcard. Do NOT unzip it.
    • menu > settings > applications > uncheck fast boot
    • turn phone off, no usb connected
    • hold down vol-down button, then press power to start - keep holding the vol-down button until Hboot menu shows up
    • use the vol - down button to scroll down to recovery after sdfilechecks are done (they will fash by quickly)
    • press power to start recovery
    • use vol down button to navigate, power button to select
    • OPTIONAL: If recommended by rom author or if flashing over another rom type, wipe data/factory reset
    • install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > select zipfile > Yes - (name of zipfile)
    • repeat choose zip from sdcard for any add ons (gapps, themes, kernels, etc)
    • press back button when flashing is complete until reboot system now is at the top of the screen.
    • press power to reboot the system.
    • If desired, return the fast boot setting to on in settings. (See above)
    I did my own rooted stocker for those of you who would like it. I am adding it to page one.
    For anyone that would like the Circle Batery with percentage here is a link. Flash with Clockworkmod Recovery.
    Sorry for the ultra cautious noob question. Can someone confirm the first "ROM Flashing" subheading contains the correct instructions?

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flashing_Guide_-_Android

If so, would it be appropriate and or helpful to include these in the original post?
    Yes, it's the lastest in unbranded roms, with Sense 2.0 and Android 2.2.1.