• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM] [Jan 27] Nimax Rom 3.0 | D85130E | UX 5.0 | MM 6.0 Stock Firmware | D851 |

trinireddman

Sep 21, 2012
I've been running the new beta Nimax Rom v3.0 and I must say its my new daily driver rom. Its stable, sleeps like the dead and has multiple cameras to choose from. I have been getting less battery drain with this rom.

@ cesarandres_8911 Thank you

Reactions: cesarandres_8911

Nalfa

Jul 16, 2007
I've been running the new beta Nimax Rom v3.0 and I must say its my new daily driver rom. Its stable, sleeps like the dead and has multiple cameras to choose from. I have been getting less battery drain with this rom.
@ cesarandres_8911 Thank you
Would you please tell me where can one download the "beta Nimax Rom v3.0"? Thanks

jdmst77

Feb 19, 2012
I could recommend you make a backup and do a clean installation. Please let me know the results of the tests. In case of a failure, a logcat can be very helpful.
Aside from erasing all partitions, I performed a clean install. Unfortunately WiFi calling didn't connect (Error 99). WiFi calling worked before switching from stock so I know that my E911 address is correct. I'm running Logcat against com.lge.wificall and will send the results soon. I'm going to nandroid this ROM before I go to bed and will be going back to stock so if you need any specific tests, let me know and I'll restore it again...

BTW your ROM is pretty snappy so far. Great job. I didn't expect all the configurations while installing so let me know if you wanted any specific settings.

Code:
---- Jan 29, 2017 9:17:08 PM ----

01-29 18:33:40.207  6144  6144 I Timeline: Timeline: Activity_launch_request id:com.lge.wificall time:398591

01-29 18:35:43.963 17216 17216 I Timeline: Timeline: Activity_launch_request id:com.lge.wificall time:442716

01-29 18:35:51.774 17216 17216 E ActivityThread: Activity com.lge.wificall.PrefSettings has leaked IntentReceiver [email protected] that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?

01-29 18:35:51.774 17216 17216 E ActivityThread: android.app.IntentReceiverLeaked: Activity com.lge.wificall.PrefSettings has leaked IntentReceiver [email protected] that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?

01-29 18:35:51.774 17216 17216 E ActivityThread: 	at com.lge.wificall.PrefSettings.onCreate(PrefSettings.java:253)

---- Jan 29, 2017 9:17:08 PM ----

Last edited:

cesarandres_8911

Sep 28, 2015
Barranquilla
Aside from erasing all partitions, I performed a clean install. Unfortunately WiFi calling didn't connect (Error 99). WiFi calling worked before switching from stock so I know that my E911 address is correct. I'm running Logcat against com.lge.wificall and will send the results soon. I'm going to nandroid this ROM before I go to bed and will be going back to stock so if you need any specific tests, let me know and I'll restore it again...

BTW your ROM is pretty snappy so far. Great job. I didn't expect all the configurations while installing so let me know if you wanted any specific settings.
You can send me a complete logcat file and if is possible to do it from a PC with the command "adb logcat > wifi_calling.txt"

Reactions: MIMOUG3

jdmst77

Feb 19, 2012
You can send me a complete logcat file and if is possible to do it from a PC with the command "adb logcat > wifi_calling.txt"
I didn't have a PC available right away but I was able to get to one and started logcat right before enabling WiFi Calling and ended it right after getting the message <Error: REG99 "Unable to Connect">

Attachments

Reactions: cesarandres_8911

cesarandres_8911

Sep 28, 2015
Barranquilla
I didn't have a PC available right away but I was able to get to one and started logcat right before enabling WiFi Calling and ended it right after getting the message <Error: REG99 "Unable to Connect">
I'm building beta 2 based on your logcat. I will upload the new file for your tests, please choose the default options in the aroma-installer.

cesarandres_8911

Sep 28, 2015
Barranquilla
I'm building beta 2 based on your logcat. I will upload the new file for your tests, please choose the default options in the aroma-installer.
I have removed some features in this new beta build in order to test wifi calling. The file is hosted in the following location:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298929082

The file is under the name: Nimax_Rom_d851_Ux4_WifiCalling_Beta_2.zip

I am currently uploading the file for your tests. In case of any error, please send the logcat again. Remember not to change the default options selected in the aroma during the installation of the rom.

Last edited:

jdmst77

Feb 19, 2012
I have removed some features in this new beta build in order to test wifi calling. The file is hosted in the following location:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298929082

The file is under the name: Nimax_Rom_d851_Ux4_WifiCalling_Beta_2.zip

I am currently uploading the file for your tests. In case of any error, please send the logcat again. Remember not to change the default options selected in the aroma during the installation of the rom.
Thanks for the quick response. Busy day at the office... Will report back soon