• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][JB](2/5/13) MIUI 3.2.1 Digitalhigh Edition - ALPHA

Search This thread

Snoob25

Jul 18, 2012
Torino
R: [ROM][JB](2/5/13) MIUI 3.2.1 Digitalhigh Edition - ALPHA

That happened to me when i modified build version in build.prop in my personal ics miui! I had to restore those lines to fix it

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

Reactions: extreme70

philmidd

Aug 9, 2010
manchester
Can't get to boot at all... I've downgraded my hboot to 1.49 ... Full wipe.... I've also been able to flash every other Rom in this thread...

I would love to give this a try... Hope someone can offer some advice... Thanks in advance.. :):)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda in the UK....

Reactions: MrJyrks

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
Are you sure you downloaded this build???

http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuijbU/MIUI_3.2.1_SHOOTERU_JB_DH_Test2.zip

Here is test build 2. Flashing as per the instructions in the OP should at least get us to boot screen now - can't promise any more.

If you're going to download, please post a logcat so I can see what's going on. Thanks guys!

Also, if there are any of you who are available frequently on Gmail from 9AM-7/8PM Central Time and you're interested in testing, please PM me with your Gmail address. Having a few people to bounce builds off of and send individual files to will certainly help speed up the process of getting this guy going. :D

Reactions: philmidd

philmidd

Aug 9, 2010
manchester
Yes downloaded that build.... Still no joy tried to flash again, but same result gets stuck.
Not even getting to the boot screen.. How can I give a logcat as I'm not near a PC..

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda in the UK

$tefanDroid

Nov 1, 2010
Try to flash a different kernel. Like anthrax

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
√ Android JB 4.1.2
√ Disarmed Toaster
√ 4EXT Recovery Touch
√ Anthrax Kernel 3.7.0 @ 1.6ghz

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Here are two logcats. First one from the music app, which somehow closes all the time. Second one from themes app which closes if you select a theme to preview.

https://m.box.com/browse#/view/f_6030033379
https://m.box.com/browse#/view/f_6030024535

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
√ Android JB 4.1.2
√ Disarmed Toaster
√ 4EXT Recovery Touch

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
Try to flash a different kernel. Like anthrax

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
√ Android JB 4.1.2
√ Disarmed Toaster
√ 4EXT Recovery Touch

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Here are two logcats. First one from the music app, which somehow closes all the time. Second one from themes app which closes if you select a theme to preview.

https://m.box.com/browse#/view/f_6030033379
https://m.box.com/browse#/view/f_6030024535

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
√ Android JB 4.1.2
√ Disarmed Toaster
√ 4EXT Recovery Touch

Thanks! I've got some stuff to do this morning, and then I'll be back to workin' on this stuff in a few hours. :D

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
It's a good idea to compare the md5 hash of the zip. It should be 3d6ccc05b955535e5fbafb40bbbc5e9c
Also what is your firmware version?
And it works with the built in kernel for us, then it should work for you so no point flashing another kernel, but if you want to, anthrax does not work with 4.2 roms as far as I know so you better try anryls 4.2 kernel.
And you're s off as I understand?

$tefanDroid

Nov 1, 2010
It's a good idea to compare the md5 hash of the zip. It should be 3d6ccc05b955535e5fbafb40bbbc5e9c
And it works with the built in kernel for us, then it should work for you so no point flashing another kernel, but if you want to, anthrax does not work with 4.2 roms as far as I know so you better try anryls 4.2 kernel.

Ok first: this is not a 4.2 Rom and second Anthrax works with 4.2. But not with the normal aroma installer!

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
is ROM still alive.. Would love a stable MIUI on my Evil3D..

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda premium

Nope, not dead at all. MIUI is updating next week to v5 - and discontinuing support for ICS ROMS. So, I took this week to focus on my final ICS release for CDMA and a MIUI theme I'm creating. I hope to have a v5 build sometime next week, which I can then port to GSM and see if I can work out the bugs.

So, yes, I plan on keeping this going...I'm just holding off until we get the new version.

philmidd

Aug 9, 2010
manchester
That sounds amazing.. thanks for your reply.. cant wait to test run V5 MIUI..
I've just been reading on miui's site about them discontinuing ICS support.

So your my last hope...lol

no pressure intended..

Sent from my M8 using xda premium

Frazer Scott

Mar 27, 2012
Manchester
Nope, not dead at all. MIUI is updating next week to v5 - and discontinuing support for ICS ROMS. So, I took this week to focus on my final ICS release for CDMA and a MIUI theme I'm creating. I hope to have a v5 build sometime next week, which I can then port to GSM and see if I can work out the bugs.

So, yes, I plan on keeping this going...I'm just holding off until we get the new version.

I would love to try a v5 rom :) been running official MUIU for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

Recently, I had a request from a GSM 3VO user for a port of my/CMB's Jellybean ROM from CDMA to GSM. As our ROM is based on CM10 Disarmed Toaster, I didn't think it would be very difficult to copy his GSM bits in and make it go.

Now, as I am obviously not using a GSM device, I can't test this...at all. I don't know if it boots. However, my ICS build is actually a port from GSM to CDMA, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. Having CM10 as a guide should help too.

So, for the more intrepid of you, I present my super-duper-alpha-omega-beta build of MIUI 3.2.1. To make it, I literally diffed the CDMA and GSM builds of CM10, copied out the bits that are different from GSM, and plugged them into the appropriate spots in MIUI.

I can't promise anything. I don't know if it will boot. I don't think it will break anything, but I don't even want to say that much. I did make sure that the installer only touches /system and /boot partitions, so there shouldn't be any risk to recovery or anything.

Also, most features in the Aroma installer should work, but obviously, the stuff for Virgin Mobile users doesn't apply. Not all of the wipe features actually do anything (need to look up what mmcblk's your device uses for cache and devlog), but nothing should hurt anything. :D

Once again - THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOGCAT AND DON'T FEEL LIKE TESTING, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS.

Have I scared you away yet? No? Okay then...

http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuijbU/MIUI_3.2.1_SHOOTERU_JB_DH_Test2.zip

So, instructions:

1. Download. Put on SDcard.
    2. Boot to Recovery.
    3. Do a full wipe.
    4. Open le .zip
    5. Under wipe settings, check whatever you want. Only "system" and "boot" are currently attached to anything, the rest are placeholders.
    6. For the carrier option, leave it checked on "sprint", not "virgin". This is another placeholder, will be modified once we get this going.
    7. For customization options, please pick "minimal". All custom options should work, but for testing purposes, minimal will keep the variables down.
    8. Hit next, and watch the installer go.
    9. Reboot.
    10...?

And, again, can't even say that this will boot yet. If it does, awesome! If not, head on over to your favorite computer and spit me out a logcat report. Upload that to pastebin or as an attachment, and let me know what hboot and firmware you're running. As this is a jellybean/cm10 variant, all rules that apply to that ROM should apply to this.

To the mods - I apologize for posting a ROM that I can't confirm as working, but this is based on a working ROM and my experience with porting, so I anticipate any issues with booting will be resolved quickly, and I can make this a part of my weekly release schedule. :D

Thanks everybody in advance for the help! Once we get this booting, I'll focus on features and such as I have in my CDMA version. I'll work on making the thread purdier too.

Code:
    [B]Changelog:[/B]  

[I]2.7.13[/I]

Fixed error in installer where boot.img wasn't being pulled from right directory.
    Modified boot.img to include missing commands present in MIUI boot image.
    Added latest ButteredToast kernel to boot.img - modules to /system/libs/modules

Edit: As per mod request, kernel used is Butteredtoast by bigwillyG. All source info can be found in his thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1935860
    is ROM still alive.. Would love a stable MIUI on my Evil3D..

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda premium

How did you managed to install butterted toast? For me it fails while installing the boot.img (Status 7). I always have that on MIUI, so I'm just curious.

Ok first: this is not a 4.2 Rom and second Anthrax works with 4.2. But not with the normal aroma installer!
    I mean settings, gallery, sms, google play, etc, etc... Apps starts, works for a while and BAM! I'm on homescreen. Tried figure out for over an hour whats going on, but i also find nothing unusual in logcat. It will be nice if someone else will check it.

EDIT: This time instead of wiping everything and installing rom once again i just did a factory reset and looks like only messaging app keeps closing immediately and gmail from time to time. Big step forward:)

You can try it right now, it's (almost) working. But remember to do nandroid backup before and write how it's work for you!

I'll gtalk you in a second so keep an eye out for a chat request. I'd like to see a logcat with these new issues. Gmail should be easy enough to fix...Gvoice is also broken in our JB ROM, and most other MIUI JB Roms from what I understand - a bug report has been submitted to China and we hope for a resolution soon. But Gmail should work fine, so it may just be a problem with a missing app or something.

I also found the list of various device block when I decompiled the boot image, so I should be able to get all the bits in the wipe part of installer linked up to the right points - hopefully this helps with proper wiping. I'm working on 3.2.8 (this week's release) right now, so once I get the JB one ready to roll, I'll flip the changes over and put out another release.