[ROM][JB][4.1.2] XXLT4 240 Dpi v2.7 Multi-lang, Stable Aroma Installer [Discontinued]

Search This thread

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010
Hi tkari! I have a old note, which i use as a mp3/video player only. I am using slim saber at the moment, bit i am thinking of reverting to a touchwiz-rom, as i whould love to have mhl / hdmi output back working.

I minimized the preload partition to 45mb (there is a tutorial for that here in thw forum). Should i revert the preload size back to standard (512mb i think), or is it okay for your rom? Do you use the preload partition for apps?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Yes it uses the preload partition too.

If you select Samsung Link & SNote, than it's already 100 MB.

But if you choose only the music & video player in the Aroma installer, than 45 MB it's enough.

Preload apps: Swiftkey, Swipe, VoiceTalk, S4Voice, VideoEditor, Sketchbook, Samsung Link, HelpHub, Samsung Apps, SNote,
Ideaksketch, Polaris Viewer, Photo Retouching, Polaris Office, Live wallpapers, Yahoo news, Magazines, Paper Artist,
Press Reader, Video hub, Books, Crayon Physics, Learning Hub

Tauros360

Jun 2, 2010
This rom is amaaaaaaazing :d its the best. Thanks for all the work and developing such an amaazing rom :d thanks :) :d

Reactions: tkari4

Macrint

Jul 27, 2012
Im having some problems installing the latest rom. Keep getting the same error message. I've tried to reinstall stock rom. Also tried manually erasing everything including preload and dalvik. Redownloaded the rom and checked md5. The strange thing is that it installed correctly once but then I got random reboots and decided to reinstall and now I'm stuck! Any ideas?

script aborted: file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/dialcolor.prop": No such file or directory
file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/dialcolor.prop": No such file or directory

Installer Error (Status 7)

themanssx

Feb 13, 2008
Im having some problems installing the latest rom. Keep getting the same error message. I've tried to reinstall stock rom. Also tried manually erasing everything including preload and dalvik. Redownloaded the rom and checked md5. The strange thing is that it installed correctly once but then I got random reboots and decided to reinstall and now I'm stuck! Any ideas?

script aborted: file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/dialcolor.prop": No such file or directory
file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/dialcolor.prop": No such file or directory

Installer Error (Status 7)
Bad download. Also worth installing from philz kernel. No other ideea. Hope it helps

Jarrod666

Nov 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Hi everybody, I've installed this rom with nice cleaning but i have a problem, when i want turn off the screen with power button, the N7000 reboot :/ I must wait the time screen turn off (1mn). Does someone has a solution ?
I've intalled the Philz kernel XXLT4-5.00.5 with the aroma installer, and the launcher is TW.
And an other question, how to have transparent status bar if i choose a theme in the aroma setup ?

thank you.

Last edited:

mjrifath

May 13, 2012
Colombo
Hi everybody, I've installed this rom with nice cleaning but i have a problem, when i want turn off the screen with power button, the N7000 reboot :/ I must wait the time screen turn off (1mn). Does someone has a solution ?
I've intalled the Philz kernel XXLT4-5.00.5 with the aroma installer, and the launcher is TW.
And an other question, how to have transparent status bar if i choose a theme in the aroma setup ?

thank you.
I'm also having this problem switching from lollipop rom to TW base rom. I checked with SweetRom v11.1 , Arya Rom v7,8 Cheese Rom..
In fact lockscreen doesn't work. When I press power button screen turned off. But after pressing power button or home screen button, lockscreen didn't come up. It directly goes to home screen. I tried swipe, pattern etc..

Simply 3way reboot option doesn't work, since I press and hold the power button reboot my device.

Any solution or ideas greatly appreciate.

sunda

Dec 1, 2007
Try Dial

Losing Power Option and lock screen? in old 4.1.2 TW official ROM you can try *#87976633# using dialpad... but it will factory reset

SoulSlayer69

Oct 10, 2013
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I'm just wondering why you are *wasting time* on *discontinued* ROMs (and I would say on Stock ROMs too). Last Note JB build still slow and bugged, SPen features on N7000 def aren't killing feature, so I hope you all jump on NightOwl + some SPen mod if you need them. More stable and faster than stock. Ofc AOSP/CM look&feel. Try it!:D;) If you like 240dpi, just use an dpi changer app.

H.M.Kranz

Jun 4, 2017
I'm just wondering why you are *wasting time* on *discontinued* ROMs (and I would say on Stock ROMs too). Last Note JB build still slow and bugged, SPen features on N7000 def aren't killing feature, so I hope you all jump on NightOwl + some SPen mod if you need them. More stable and faster than stock. Ofc AOSP/CM look&feel. Try it!:D;) If you like 240dpi, just use an dpi changer app.[/

First I l ove this rom and its full tablet functionality
Question... I treid nightowl 7.1.2 and DPI changer but the ROM doesn't support real table mode..
Is it maybe possible to get this ROM setup from the 240 ROM on a newer version of android
Or how to get the nightowl ROM with all the Settings and features of the 240 ROM
Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

First of all I love this rom and its full tablet functionality
Question... I treid nightowl 7.1.2 and DPI changer but the ROM doesn't support real table mode..
Is it maybe possible to get this ROM setup from the 240 ROM on a newer version of android
Or how to get the nightowl ROM with all the Settings and features of the 240 ROM
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SpoilerV2.7.jpg

Full 240 dpi builded from cronosmachine's XXLT4 stock Rom, rooted-deodexed-zipaligned.

I made it for myself, but I share it, so others don't need to do it again.
    If anyone plans to do something like that! :laugh:

Attention!
    The included apks are strongly modded! Use the Rom only on 240 Dpi. Don't change the density!
    From most app are the pngs, values, layouts for other density's removed! No 320 Dpi!

Attention!
    Folder names are changed in some apk, so isn't compatible with the themes for stock Roms

According to your needs!

* Can be selected in the Aroma Installer.

changelog:
    • AROMA Installer (you can almost fully customize your Rom)
    • JB Bootloader included (no more bootloop after power off, or removing battery)
    • Base: JZO54K N7000XXLT4
    • Modem: N7000XXLSO or N7000XXLT3 or N7000XXLT4 or N7000BOLT1 *
    • Philz kernel XXLT4-5.00.5 or Philz kernel XXLTA-5.15.0 or SpedMod K5-5
      or c.o.h HelloWorld kernel v1.3.7b or Forest HelloWorld-Make-II v1.9.0 AM1 and GL2
    • Display languages: en_GB; en_US; en_AU; en_IE; en_NZ; en_ZA; de_AT; de_CH; de_DE; fr_FR;
      fr_CH; it_IT; es_ES; es_US; nl_NL; pt_PT; pl_PL; tr_TR; ko_KR; ru_RU; bg_BG; hr_HR; cs_CZ; da_DK;
      nl_BE; et_EE; fi_FI; el_GR; hu_HU; is_IS; ga_IE; kk_KZ; lv_LV; lt_LT; mk_MK; nb_NO; pt_BR; ro_RO;
      sr_RS; sk_SK; sl_SI; sv_SE; uk_UA; uz_UZ; az_AZ; hy_AM; ka_GE; ca_ES; eu_ES; gl_ES; ar_AE;
      zh_CN; zh_HK; zh_TW; ja_JP; in_ID; vi_VN; ms_MY; th_TH; fa_FA; ar_IL; iw_IL; ur_PK;
      More info in Post #171
    • Note 2 Keyboard (Fully working)
      Auto correct not enabled
      Long press delay 200ms
      Input languages: en; az; ca; cs; da; de; et; es; eu; el; fr; gl; ka; hr; it; is; kk; lv; lt; hu; nb; nl; pl;
      pt; ru; ro; fi; sr; sk; sl; sv; tr; uk; ko; hy; bg ; ar; zh; in; vi; ms; th; fa; iw; ur;
      Handwriting support for: bg, ca, cs, da, de, el, en, es, et, eu, fi, fr, gl, hr, hu, id, is, it, kk, ko, lt,
      ms, nb, nl, pl, br, pt, ro, ru, sk, sl, sr, sv, th, tr, uk, vi, zh, ur *
      Japanese language input not supported (but it's enabled)
      Online language download and update (internet connection needed to start language support)
    • Stock Note Keyboard : Support list Included in the attachments
    • Secondary symbols can be enabled for: CA; MS; ID; CS; EN; DE; EU; ES; HR; GL; IT; LV; HU; PL;
      NL; PT; SK; RO; SR; SL; TR; TH; UR; AR; KR; ZH *
    • CSC codes for 97 countries: ABS; AFG; AFR; ALO; ARB; ARO; AUT; BGL; BRI; BTC; BTU;
      CDR; COA; CPW; CYO; DAM; DBT; ECT; EGY; ETR; EUR; FOP; FTD; FWD; GLB; HAJ; HTS;INS; INU; ITV;
      JED; KEN; KOR; KSA; MAT; MED; MID; MM1; MRT; MSG; MSR; MTN; MWD; NPL; ORS; PAK; PCT;
      PHE; PSP; SEB; SEK; SER; SIN; SKZ; SLK; SMA; SMO; STH; TCE; TDR; TGP; TGY; THL; THR; TMC;
      TML; TOP; TPH; TRA; TSR; TTT; TUN; TUR; TWO; UPO; VHC; VIM; VNO; XEF; XEH; XEO; XEU; XEV;
      XEZ; XFA; XFC; XFE; XFV; XME; XSA; XSE; XSG; XSK; XSP; XTC; XTE; XXV * Only one can be used.
    • Phonepad layouts: en, iw, ko, ru
    • Airview enabled or disabled *
    • More battery icon ; 1% or 3% battery; blue, green, white, grey colored circle battery *
    • Ripple effect enabled
    • Ink effects (none, pink, orange, green, blue, navy, purple, brown)
      Translation added (none, pink) for all stock language "native no extra app"
    • Smart rotation
    • Call recording enabled or disabled *, ascending ringtone disabled
    • SMS hacks: displaying sent time, sms 100 recepients, SMS to MMS auto-converting increased
      Auto convert sms to mms after 6 sms; 10 recipients for mms
    • Gallery airview
    • OS Scrolling cache disabled
    • Launcher: Home shortcut labels can be removed; wallpaper scrolling and rotation can be enabled or disabled *
    • More wallpaper in wallpaper chooser *
    • Lock screen rotation or no rotation *
    • Mono audio, Turn off all sounds, Assistive Light, Negative colors Widget enabled
    • Camera shutter on/off option enabled, focus sound disabled, battery restrictions removed
    • Stock Multiwindow or semi transparent or ARYA themed or white themed *
    • 16 samples for S Note *
    • Exit menu to stock web browser *
    • Max. 7 home screen shortcuts enabled in the Launcher if the labels are hidden *
    • Max. 6 Lock screen shortcuts
    • Information Ticker fixed
    • Some S4 ringtones *
    • Update removed from settings (and the update files from Samsung)
    • Voice Wake up command to unlock with SVoice (Note 2, or S4) *
    • New Message app (added translations: German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish) *
    • PhoneUI or TabletUI. *
    • Power menu and recent apps button on the top of the notification Panel (without the MW layout buttons)
    • Xposed Framework and per app density app added *
    • ICS or JB transitions for the system *
    • Google Earth *
    • 6x2 S4 styled Accuweather Widget but looks like the stock Note widget or semi and fully transparent or
      the same in blue or S5 themed widget *
    • Polaris Office 4.0 and Viewer *
    • Resizable Popup browser (can be started from app drawer) *
    • A little power tweak: Wifi scan interval set to 18000 milliseconds (stock 0,25 Minutes),
      NTP timeout set to 20000 seconds (stock 10 Minutes)
    • Minimum back light: 10%,15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35% or 40% *
    • 4 way reboot *
    • CRT Off effect in the Settings/Extra settings with toggle *
    • Skip track with the volume button can be enabled in the Settings/Extra settings with toggle *
    • Talk or Hangouts *
    • Google Play white or black *
    • Keyboard: Samsung Note or Note 2 or Swype or Swiftkey trial *
    • Launcher: TW or Nova or Apex *
    • Blue or green Notification panel toggles *
    • Lock screen Torch can be enabled or disabled *
    • Phone and message app contact pictures can be changed to S4 pictures or back *
    • Screenshot and reboot to recovery in the power menu *
    • Menu, Back, None to kill app activity *
    • S4 Icons or stock *
    • Disable or enable SMS log in call log *
    • S Note stock or S Note from Note 2 and IdeaSketch included *
    • Browser Zoom mod included: pinch to zoom or pinch to zoom and Scrolling zoom *
    • Themes can be applied and changed back to stock any time *
    • White theme in preparation, so for now white settings, multi window, job manger, file manager, or restore stock *
    • S4 Google Edition 4.3 Camera, Gallery and Video player, or Stock *
    • Viper4Android XHIFI and FX version included *
    • TabletUI can be enabled with the xposed TabletUI trigger modul *
    • White Phone, Sms, Downloads, Settings, Email, Filebrowser in white theme *
    • Speedmeter in status bar with toggle
    • GB video editor *
    • Picto TTS enabled *
    • More detailed selection in the Aroma Installer (Xposed modul, TTS language selection, etc.)
    • Setup Guide started to include in the Aroma Installer
    • Included Xposed Modules: Enable Call Recording; Long Sms; Play Store Link in App Info; Scrolling Wallpaper;
      Tablet UI trigger; XBackground; Multi Window Apps Manager; Tweakbox; Quick Setting Toggles KM edition;
      XTweakbox, VolumeSkipTrack, XButtonActions
    • Floating Multi Windows (on Phone or on TabletUI)
    • S Pen Airview On / Off toggle
    • Quick command *
    • Note 2 S Planner with fully Airview *
    • Status bar: blue, green, red, white or stock grey icons, stock battery icons are included,
      centered or stock clock position, animated or stock battery charge
    • Tone selection: minimal, default, extra (ringtones, alarm, notifications, UI sounds) *
    • S4 Boot animation or stock, S4 unlock sound or stock, or no boot sound
    • build.prop tweaks *
    • Some CSC features in Settings/Extra settings with ON/OFF toggle
    • Airplane and Allshare Cast toggle
    • Note 8 Contacts and Video player *
    • Sketch Book for Galaxy
    • Automatic call recording *
    • Hot spot icons in app drawer
    • More menu item in the settings (Airplane mode, Call/message block, Users & restrictions, USB settings)
    • Crt effect and Statusbar keyboard notification can be turned on and off from Settings/Extra Settings
    • Universal Odex app *
    • In the Messaging app all useful extra functions are enabled (restore function translated with google translate)
    • Xposed disabler *
    • Adobe FlashPlayer *
    • Auto Scroll in Statusbar quickpanel toggle disabled
    • Arman, Arya Blue, Arya Passion, Parsa, S4 theme *
    • Toggle added to Settings / Extra Settings for: Mostly for Phone UI.
    • TW Launcher
    • - Transition tilt effect
    • - Home screen looping
    • - Home screen edit menu
    • - Scrolling Wallpaper
    • TW Contacts
    • - Contacts photos
    • - Contacts list call buttons
    • TW Browser
    • - Exit prompt
    • - Edge Zoom
    • Power Menu Addons
    • - Screenshot
    • - Recovery
    • Status bar
    • - Keyboard Notification
    • - Speed Meter
    • - Transparency
    • Miscellaneous
    • - Lockscreen torch light (on locked screen with home button)
    • - Long Press to Kill Button (Menu, Back or none)
    • - Volume to skip sound track
    • - Crt off animation
    • - AOSP Lockscreen
    • Fix for transparent status bar on the lock screen included
    • Tablet TW launcher for TabletUI
    • Siganture verification disabled

Smoothness Demo v2.1:

Demo v1.0:

Screenshots v2.0: Google+

Some Screenshots from v2.3: Google+

Known Issues:
    • Translations are not complete, because they are taken from another Rom
    • Sometimes the Aroma Installer stops working (1% off the installations ends with freeze)
    • FmRadio has no Hebrew and Japanese translation
    • In Note 2 S Note draw function with finger not working

WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Install:

1. Verify MD5 checksum: MD5 Checksum Verifier
    2. Download latest XXLT4 PhilZ N7000 kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1901191
    3. Flash it from stock recovery
    4. Reboot recovery
    5. Go to "Backup and Restore / Misc Nandroid Settings / Preload Partition" and set it to Include
    6. Backup your current Rom
    7. Then go to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset / Wipe Data-Cache-System-Preload"
      then choose -Yes, I will install a new ROM!
    8. "Install Zip" if you put the Rom on the SD than "Choose zip from sdcard", find it and install it
    9. Choose what do you want in the Aroma installer :laugh:
    10. If you don't like it just restore your previous Rom

Attention!
    Don't use "Update mode" in the Aroma installer at first install!
    It's for future use, if you want to add more apps later!
    Marked app will be installed, but unmarked won't be deleted!

Backup:
    - For Nandroid backup don't forget to set PhilZ Touch 4 "/ Backup and Restore / Misc Nandroid Settings / Preload Partition" to Include

Thanks for:
    - raj_ch2002 for starting the 240 dpi project
    - amarullz for Aroma installer and for Aroma file manager
    - Eybee1970 for the JB bootloader
    - cronosmachine for the deodexed XXLT4 Rom
    - Phil3759 and for the PhilZ kernel
    - hardcore for the SpeedMod kernel
    - crime_of_heart for the c.o.h.'s HelloWorld kernel
    - majdinj for his mods
    - RevengeDeveloperTeam, I learned from the Angry Rom how to change the density in the apps
    - magn2o TweakWiz
    - Gyebro for PopupBrowser
    - Rovo89 and Tungstwenty for Xposed Framework , Per App Settings , Tweakbox
    - Pulser_g2 for the VillianTheme System
    - Arsaw for the Note 2 Keyboard
    - kmokhtar79 for the ARYA Theme for his help and for the amazing spoiler on the top
    - not-i for the ported Note 2 S Note and IdeaSketch
    - grgsiocl for the white themed apps
    - sibinn for Video Editor
    - lohyitchun for the fully working 4.3 camera and gallery
    - ViPER520 for Viper4Android
    - zhuhang for Viper4Android and for the IRS starter pack
    - Winterlove for white themed apps
    - maskerwsk for Scrolling Wallpaper Xposed modul
    - xperiacle for XBackground; Multi Window Apps Manager; Quick Setting Toggles (KM edition); XTweakbox
    and for his help with the floating multi windows
    - mythtrandyr for automatic call recording
    - MatrixDJ96 for the Universal Odex Script
    - Didact74 for transparent status bar ; Speed Meter ;
    - forest1971 for the Forest-HelloWorld-Make-II kernel

Download v2.7: MEGA ; Google Drive

MD5: b76bee6723784e1c3bd1667e5a5e56e5

For v2.7 Factory data reset, than in Aroma installer full wipe option is recommended. "Clean install"

Changelog

240 DPI v2.7 release date: sep. 27. 2014
    • apk and jar files are uncompressed
    • Music Hub removed from Aroma installer
    • xxlt9 kernel changed to xxlta (PhilZ touch 5.15.0)
    • Forest kernels are updated to HelloWorld-Make-II v1.9.0 AM1 &
      HelloWorld-Make-II v1.9.0 GL2
    • Following apps are moved to data/app: Dropbox, ChatOn, Flipboard, GmsCore,
      Gmail, Earth, Hangouts, Maps, Google now, Youtube, Google TTS
    • Latest Play store app 4.9.13 with Multi Dpi mod (inverted store removed)
    • All apps updated
    AROMA Installer screenshots in second post.

Happy flashing!
    AROMA Installer Menu v2.5

logovo.jpg

Before Install look over the Aroma Installer Menu:

Aroma Installer Screen shots

The Aroma Installer it's made for more time use!

So, if you want to change something, then start the Aroma Installer and do it.
    Don't wipe, clear, clean.. the updater-script makes all needed changes..

Only the Apps aren't removable, but if I have a time, then will make the Aroma for cleaning..

Example:
    You can't use CSC changer, because the Rom has only one CSC.
    If you want to change the CSC, then select your next CSC and then make factory reset.

If you don't like one selected extra, then change it with the Aroma (do not re install the whole Rom)
    v2.3 ready for testing

+ in v2.3:

- GB Video editor
    - S4 Google Edition Camera and Gallery or Stock
    - Viper4Android
    - TabletUI (started)
    - White Phone, Sms, Downloads
    - Internet Speedmeter Lite
    - Sony Walkman (only the app no lib's yet)
    - Pico TTS
    - More detailed selection in the Aroma Installer
    - Setup Guide started to include in the Aroma Installer

OP update tonight.

Download v2.3: androidfilehost
    v2.3 in preparation

Attention Slim fans! There is not much already to remove!

:laugh:

So, build in v2.3 can be started from here:
    Screenshot_2013-07-25-21-12-33.jpg

But without file browser or Play Store App can do nothing with it... only phone calls and messaging..

free space in system:
    Screenshot_2013-07-25-21-23-22.jpg

free space in preload:
    Screenshot_2013-07-25-21-23-41.jpg

I'll make almost every single function configurable in v2.3!

for example: Face or Signature Unlock, Wnn dictionaires, Flash annotate, Mobile Print, Face Tracking in Gallery,Mobile Tracking
    Page Buddy (apk removed but it works..??), Extra Fonts, etc...
    v2.5 changelog

what's the changelog?

OP updated...

I have forgotten some, but the most important are here:

• New themes: Arman, Arya Blue, Arya Passion, Parsa, S4
    • White Email (in white theme)
    • Detailed settings for the stock SystemUI
    • S5 themed Accuweather widget
    • HTS csc
    • xperiacle's floating window mod included (apps can be started from side launcher)
      [*] (3 window mode removed)
    • Toggle added to Settings / Extra Settings for: Mostly for Phone UI.
    • TW Launcher: Transition tilt effect, Home screen looping, Home screen edit menu, Scrolling Wallpaper
    • TW Contacts: Contacts photos, Contacts list call buttons
    • TW Browser: Exit prompt, Edge Zoom
    • Power Menu Addons: Screenshot, Recovery
    • Status bar: Keyboard Notification, Speed Meter, Transparency
    • Miscellaneous: Lockscreen torch light, Long Press to Kill Button, Volume to skip sound track, Crt off animation, AOSP Lockscreen
    • Fix for transparent status bar on the lock screen included
    • Forest-HelloWorld-Make-II v1.5.5 and v1.6.4 kernel added
    • BOLT1 Modem
    • Tablet UI or Phone UI selection in Aroma
    • (the old TabletUI possibility works only if PhoneUI selected => than can be changed with TabletUI trigger Xposed modul)
    • Included apps are up to date
    • Temperature fixed on Accuweather widget
    • updater-script fixes
    • Tablet launcher for TabletUI

Experimental:
    - Full wipe and partial wipe added as Aroma options
    (Partial wipe will keep data need some feedback didn't tested it)
    - Full wipe: formats system ; preload ; data ; cache
    - Partial wipe: formats system ; preload ; cache

- 23 toggles are removed (caused FC with external full screen apps)