- Oct 11, 2010
For general discussions, bug reports and FAQ, go here.
Receiving and making calls
USB mass storage
HW accelerated gui
HW accelerated video
Movie Studio is unstable and can crash or freeze phone
View attachment 1846235 View attachment 1846236 View attachment 1846237 View attachment 1846238
CM-10.1 Install Guide
Note: CM for Galaxy W is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.
Download CM-10.1 and gapps-jb zips and put in /sdcard
- 2014-05-09: CM-10.1 beta4 [DOWNLOAD]
- Various fixes
- Kernel 3.4.89
- 2014-01-25: CM-10.1 beta3 [DOWNLOAD]
- Brought over various fixes from CM11, mainly video and memory allocation related
- Kernel 3.4.77
- 2013-12-24: CM-10.1 beta2 [DOWNLOAD]
- Hybrid ION/PMEM (credits to ADC-Team for their work)
- Updated Adreno drivers
- Brand new kernel based on CAF jb_2.5 branch
- Kernel 3.4.75
- 2013-10-10: CM-10.1 beta1 [DOWNLOAD]
- Workaround for white screen issue (thanks to Keff91 for the idea)
- Kernel 3.4.65
- 2013-09-25: CM-10.1 alpha9 [DOWNLOAD]
- CM Account
- Synced with CM 10.1.3
- Kernel 3.4.62
- 2013-08-13: CM-10.1 alpha8 [DOWNLOAD]
- Reverted patch causing battery drain (causes random white screen though)
- Enable volume rocker and home button wake
- Synced with CM (security fixes etc.)
- Kernel 3.4.57
- 2013-06-12: CM-10.1 alpha7 [DOWNLOAD]
- Disabled unsupported functions on front camera
- Switched back to kernel 3.0 in order to get feedback on battery usage compared to 3.4 kernel
- Kernel 3.0.81
- 2013-05-28: CM-10.1 alpha6 [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed WEP connection
- Fixed bluetooth MAC address during boot
- Kernel 3.4.47
- 2013-05-12: CM-10.1 alpha5 [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed wifi tethering
- Fixed bluetooth file transfer issue
- Fixed "pop" sound on shutdown and entering PIN (credits CastagnaIT)
- Kernel 3.4.44
- 2013-05-05: CM-10.1 alpha4 [DOWNLOAD] [MIRROR]
- Fixed issue with certain games
- Added fix for thumbnail size growing out of control
- Fix for gps icon not going away
- Kernel 3.4.43
- 2013-04-22: CM-10.1 alpha3 [DOWNLOAD] [MIRROR] [MIRROR]
- Fixed VOIP
- Display HAL updated to version 1.1
- Added system.prop for switching SD cards without changing vold.fstab
- Added support for GooManager (download/update rom)
- Kernel 3.0.74
- 2013-04-07: CM-10.1 alpha2 [DOWNLOAD]
- Disabled software HDR in camera app
- Updated CM logo in boot splash (removed CID head as it was kinda pink)
- Issue with audio routing after using Google Search should now be fixed
- Scrolling in camera settings should not be messed up anymore
- Fixed cLock weather due to API changes from Yahoo
- Fixed torch widget
- Enabled NTFS read support in kernel
- Ad-hoc (IBSS) support added
- Fixed WEP issue (credits to ivendor for finding this one)
- 2013-03-30: CM-10.1 alpha1 [DOWNLOAD]
- Initial release
- UPGRADE REQUIRED
- gapps version 20130812
Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.
- gapps version 20130812
- Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
- Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
- Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
- Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
- Use CWM5 or CWM6.
- Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-10.1. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
- Wipe data and cache.
- Flash update*.zip.
- Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM10.1 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
- Reboot phone.
- After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
- Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
- If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
- It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades from previous versions of CM10.1 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM10.1 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.
AriesVE DevConnection Team
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
ivendor and mirred for help with the camera HAL
arsradu and geniusboy93 for the videos
Everyone that donated beers