[ROM][JB 4.2.2] UltrimSLIM-RGT [116 MB][CLEAN&STOCK]

ron.gt

May 10, 2013
Kolkata
iballandi45h.blogspot.in

UltrimSLIM-RGT Rom v.2 is here with lot of added and new features than v.1.... Unbelievably slim rom... only 116 MB.... it is the slimmest among all roms in canvas 2 community till date... u have to do a fresh install coz i changed the base

This rom has no boot.img included... So flash your favorite one......

Changelogs::

::V.2:: [Release date 8/3/2014]

Base is upgraded to 4.2.2 (Acer Liq E2 port)
More slim than v.1 [only 116 MB]
pure vanilla stock feel
rooted and deodexed
3G, G icons removed from status bar
3G is switchable between both sims
Float caller feature
Device Info in settings>about phone
Auto Start Feature in settings
Google gallery
Dark aosp Keyboard
Xtreme Booster
Data traffic widget
superuser updated
many more tweaks and mods

V.1:: [release date 3/3/2014]

Pure Stock 4.2.1
Ultra Slim rom (only 127 MB) (Most SLIM in the category of 4.2)
Deodexed, zipaligned and rooted
init.d activated
Entropy generator added
Rebooter and XtremeBooster
Completely smooth and stock feel
Engineering Mode in settings menu
Multi Language support
Fast GPS lock
Smooth net speed
3G in first slot
CM calculator
OPPO Radio

Disclaimer::

I don't take any responsibility if you brick your phone while flashing my rom.

Bugs:::

Tell me if there is any... all bugs are welcome...

Download Link:::

v.2:: (116 MB)

v.1:: (127 MB)

How to Flash::

1. Download the ROM zip in SD card
2. Reboot to CWM/TWRP
3. Wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data, System
4. Install ROM zip
5. Install Kernel boot.img
6. Flash Dialer and Camera Patches (optional) (not required in v.2)
7. Wipe Cache, Dalvik
8. Reboot to System
9. ENJOY!!!

Credits and Thanks::

1. All MT6577 Devs for developing 4.2 for US
2. Pranjal For beta testing and suggestions to improve the rom
3. LAVA and acer for the rom
4. Google for Android
5. Droid-devz for the platform

Screenshots::

Last edited:

ayazuddinkhan

Dec 13, 2008
Makkah
My dev-host has no space left due to my files and roms.... sorry.... btw.. i would request to u guys to please someone upload files in dev-host....
I will upload it in few hours and update you

Hit thanks if I helped you

PS: I downloaded the file so that I can use it and upload to dev host
but where have the file gone after mega was showing full 100% download

Last edited:

dgrules

Feb 12, 2012
Gurgaon
I will upload it in few hours and update you

Hit thanks if I helped you

PS: I downloaded the file so that I can use it and upload to dev host
but where have the file gone after mega was showing full 100% download
It's on your mega. You'll have to download it to your device from mega now. Same happened for me but for the patches .

Reactions: sabujthedon

ayazuddinkhan

Dec 13, 2008
Makkah
It's on your mega. You'll have to download it to your device from mega now. Same happened for me but for the patches .
Yes sir
this is on my mega cloud .. but how to transfer to PC
I have clicked on download
it is downloading to 100% , but where is it going
I am unable to locate it in my PC

dgrules

Feb 12, 2012
Gurgaon
Yes sir
this is on my mega cloud .. but how to transfer to PC
I have clicked on download
it is downloading to 100% , but where is it going
I am unable to locate it in my PC
Check your desktop, or maybe the downloads folder. And make sure you are using chrome.
If that to doesn't go well, download mega app from play store, I did it with that.

ayazuddinkhan

Dec 13, 2008
Makkah
finaly i got it

Finaly I sync the Mega cloud with PC
Uploading started
will PM the dev
the dev host url in a few min

:hit thanks if I help:

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

if u are using chrome to download from mega... then it would be stored in ur download folder ....
No sir
it was nowhere in my PC untill I downloaded the sync app.
Then redownloaded then it shown in the sync folder

Any ways it is 60% now uploaded

m3hm00d

Apr 3, 2011
still waiting of dev host
Finaly I sync the Mega cloud with PC
Uploading started
will PM the dev
the dev host url in a few min

:hit thanks if I help:

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

No sir
it was nowhere in my PC untill I downloaded the sync app.
Then redownloaded then it shown in the sync folder

Any ways it is 60% now uploaded

ashishk87

Apr 27, 2013
Nashik
www.webzwatch.com
Awesome ROM!! just few q.

Hi @ron.gt,
First of all, 127mb 4.2.1 ROM is awesome!! Thanks for that :D
Keep up the good work :good:

I flashed it today in afternoon and using it....
Now, want to talk bout the ROM....
ROM size is really impressive. I cannot talk about the looks, coz everyone has his own likings. For me, I installed holoSense xtheme, apex launcher with HTC theme, plus few gravity box tweaks and my custom lockring (IronMan arc reactor)....So, my phone looks very different from the original ROM.

Can you help/update about following points?
1. Swapped storages...Is there anything I can do to get my external SD card as external and internal 1GB as internal SD card? I would really love to get it back to normal....
2. Some other members also said this....few things like, 3G symbol and 2nd inactive sim network in statusbar doesn't look good...
3. In your future ROMs, please include google keyboard with swype/gesture support instead of AOSP keyboard.
4. Advanced reboot menu would be nice instead of a separate app in appdrawer.
5. The original dialer in ROM was distorted, so I flashed dialer patch. But I am facing some wierd thing when I get a call. Check the attached image to get the issue. After this issue, I flashed stock micromax dialer patch too, but still facing same issue.
6. No need to give cache and data swap in ROM. Everyone is using xtreme kernels with swap.
7. I see some issue in the system font. The text looks bolder than usual.

And one more thing....I found contacts.apk and phone.apk files in frameworks folder. Is this OK?

Once again, awesome ultraslim ROM !! Attached some screenshots :)

Attachments

ron.gt

May 10, 2013
Kolkata
iballandi45h.blogspot.in
Hi @ron.gt,
First of all, 127mb 4.2.1 ROM is awesome!! Thanks for that :D
Keep up the good work :good:

I flashed it today in afternoon and using it....
Now, want to talk bout the ROM....
ROM size is really impressive. I cannot talk about the looks, coz everyone has his own likings. For me, I installed holoSense xtheme, apex launcher with HTC theme, plus few gravity box tweaks and my custom lockring (IronMan arc reactor)....So, my phone looks very different from the original ROM.

Can you help/update about following points?
1. Swapped storages...Is there anything I can do to get my external SD card as external and internal 1GB as internal SD card? I would really love to get it back to normal....
2. Some other members also said this....few things like, 3G symbol and 2nd inactive sim network in statusbar doesn't look good...
3. In your future ROMs, please include google keyboard with swype/gesture support instead of AOSP keyboard.
4. Advanced reboot menu would be nice instead of a separate app in appdrawer.
5. The original dialer in ROM was distorted, so I flashed dialer patch. But I am facing some wierd thing when I get a call. Check the attached image to get the issue. After this issue, I flashed stock micromax dialer patch too, but still facing same issue.
6. No need to give cache and data swap in ROM. Everyone is using xtreme kernels with swap.
7. I see some issue in the system font. The text looks bolder than usual.

And one more thing....I found contacts.apk and phone.apk files in frameworks folder. Is this OK?

Once again, awesome ultraslim ROM !! Attached some screenshots :)
bro...
ur issues...
1. u need to flash the vold.fstab from that rom where u got that swapped memory .. i mean not the inverted one...
2. i can give u patch for 3g or g symbol removed and inactive 2nd sim icons disappeared...
3. i will try to include better apps like google kb or other better apps... but then again i can't guarantee that rom will remain as slim as this...
4. Advanced reboot menu is desired i know... i like that feature too... and since u r using xposed modules... gravity box gives that option... so i guess problem solved...
5. ya.. i didn't understand this problem... i am using the same dialer patch.. and incoming calls are normal...
6. ok
7. i can give u stock font patch also... but show me where it is bold....
8. if contacts.apk and phone.apk files are in frameworks folder.. that is not ok... u can safely delete those or move to app folder....

btw... thnx for ur comments bro....:good::good:

ashishk87

Apr 27, 2013
Nashik
www.webzwatch.com
bro...
ur issues...
1.u need to flash the vold.fstab from that rom where u got that swapped memory .. i mean not the inverted one...
2. i can give u patch for 3g or g symbol removed and inactive 2nd sim icons disappeared...
3. i will try to include better apps like google kb or other better apps... but then again i can't guarantee that rom will remain as slim as this...
4. Advanced reboot menu is desired i know... i like that feature too... and since u r using xposed modules... gravity box gives that option... so i guess problem solved...
5. ya.. i didn't understand this problem... i am using the same dialer patch.. and incoming calls are normal...
6. ok
7. i can give u stock font patch also... but show me where it is bold....
8. if contacts.apk and phone.apk files are in frameworks folder.. that is not ok... u can safely delete those or move to app folder....

btw... thnx for ur comments bro....:good::good:
1. I didn't get u bro....actually I'm not an expert and don't know vold.fstab....i got this swapped storages in this rom only....i was using mmxandy's old mega rom previously and everything was ok....so, if u can explain more, or give a solution, it would be better....

2,4. I solved these issues by gravity box....so, no problem....I wrote it just to remind u....

3. I didn't ask to include apps....just use Google keyboard INSTEAD of aosp keyboard....I love minimal Roms....

5. When we receive a call, there is a circular button at center to accept, reject a call....there is an animation around that button....this animation is messed up in my case....it goes complete white as in the screenshot I attached and shows Google name in it....I hope u got the issue now....

7. Font is looking extra bold specially in whatsapp contact names....don't worry, I'll flash some different font....

8. Those contact n phone apk files are in the rom zip itself....u can check it....n thanks, i'll delete them....

Thanks again for a quick reply and a cool ROM :)

ron.gt

May 10, 2013
Kolkata
iballandi45h.blogspot.in
1. I didn't get u bro....actually I'm not an expert and don't know vold.fstab....i got this swapped storages in this rom only....i was using mmxandy's old mega rom previously and everything was ok....so, if u can explain more, or give a solution, it would be better....

2,4. I solved these issues by gravity box....so, no problem....I wrote it just to remind u....

3. I didn't ask to include apps....just use Google keyboard INSTEAD of aosp keyboard....I love minimal Roms....

5. When we receive a call, there is a circular button at center to accept, reject a call....there is an animation around that button....this animation is messed up in my case....it goes complete white as in the screenshot I attached and shows Google name in it....I hope u got the issue now....

7. Font is looking extra bold specially in whatsapp contact names....don't worry, I'll flash some different font....

8. Those contact n phone apk files are in the rom zip itself....u can check it....n thanks, i'll delete them....

Thanks again for a quick reply and a cool ROM :)

okk...
Vold.fstab remains in /etc folder ... u can replace this with ur favorite rom.... for ur incoming call screen ..i guess u added some lockring mod and it also adds some glowdot pngs... so it has changed.... and yes... those contacts and phone apk in framework folder u can safely delete....

then the rom would be much more slim 122MB... thnx for letting me know this.....

u can do a clean flash once again to see if those problems persists.....

i will publish a v2 of this rom with all added features and keeping it as slim as possible....