• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][JB 4.2.x] *** ib-Phoenix ROM v4 ***

Search This thread

kundan.lohar

Mar 21, 2013
Rajasthan,India
hi @ibshar
my device info -Rom-ib-Phoenix ROM v4 Kernel-xtreme series
ROM is good no bug found after 2-days of continuous use.everything is working fine thanks.
but touch fluid is not as smooth as it was in Titan and aura or in older suvi.
RAM managment is also not too good.
lots of customizations are there i have deleted from system -app but still my phone is irresponsive
i have also checked it by changing kernel like rejoice and platinum but some time i feel phone is lagging

Prabhdeep

Jul 7, 2013
Ludhiana
Bro rom is to smooth but pls give some patches for change system background and htc like recent apps and samsung lockscreen if possible and sometimes i fell lag im on 3.4.82

Sent from my A110 using XDA Free mobile app

ibshar

Sep 10, 2011
Bangalore
Ohhhkk!! Thanks.. From screenshot, i thought, its available by default!!
You will get the reboot menu by default if you flash the Xposed patch and then apply fix permission.
@kundan.lohar: Titan and Aura worked differently, they had different RAM management, as a result they used to kill many background service and keep on restarting them, due to this it was fast but it prevented those apps from receiving notifications, like FB, Hangout etc. In Phoenix series I am using the SWAP memory to keep many apps running. Now apps are killed only when out of memory so that you keep getting background notifications. The performance should still be very good, if you are feeling lag I would recommend using Xtreme Platium kernel with all the init.d scripts that I had provided in the ROM.

You do not need to delete many apps from system, just remove Gesture nav and xWidget if you want.

ibshar

Sep 10, 2011
Bangalore
Hey dev bro.. Super smooth rom dude.. Very nice.. But need help on below points..

1. Every time camera app is ipened it shows the welcome demo screen can u provide patch to fix this.

2. I am unable to connect OTG.. Please help or guide on this.

Thanks again..
Camera app shows the demo only on first use, just view the whole demo and click on OK, it will not come again. If you are still getting it, try to Clear the Data for Gallery app. And you need to specify whta message you get when you connect OTG?

Reactions: jyotixda

abhijitkadam03

Dec 15, 2012
Try this.....

hi @ibshar
my device info -Rom-ib-Phoenix ROM v4 Kernel-xtreme series
ROM is good no bug found after 2-days of continuous use.everything is working fine thanks.
but touch fluid is not as smooth as it was in Titan and aura or in older suvi.
RAM managment is also not too good.
lots of customizations are there i have deleted from system -app but still my phone is irresponsive
i have also checked it by changing kernel like rejoice and platinum but some time i feel phone is lagging

Hey bro as you weekly change ROM try this out....;)
try flashing stock kernel from here...(by @ibshar )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbajg3jl8xms1zt/zStockBoot_2.zip
after flashing stock kernel except camera and messaging... everything will work fine (play around for 10 minutes)
then flash platinum ..... you will get smooth performance and good RAM management (with greenify ON)
Only problem i faced with platinum was after i start and stop tethering the wifi cannot be turned on unless you reboot(Wifi shows turning ON but doesnt turn ON and you cant even turn it OFF)... so couldnt use apps like suberbeam for files transfer.
So i flashed rejoice and now everything is working fine.... Excellent RAM management and performance+battery

Games played : Virtual tennis pro, Blood and glory, Flcommando, Real Cricket, 24 ... (no need of gltools)
games never force close due to excellent ram management (you can continue games even after taking a call in between)
(also i had kept whatsapp and hike on dont kill from gemini app manager so they were always on)

Benchmarks after all the above apps and many more were installed.
Quadrant : around 3600
Antutu around 11500

all the developers are doing good work with the ROMS but i feel the main thing is that the kernel should compliment the ROM.

So please try in this order...
1. Flash stock kernel
2. Flash Platinum
3. Flash Rejoice if needed

I cant explain why this works but it works
and you can give it a try:good::good::good::good:

kundan.lohar

Mar 21, 2013
Rajasthan,India
Thanks bro
zStockBoot_2.zip this is 4.2.x ?
i mentioned two things
1.Memory Managment is not great .
2.Touch response is not good.it is littile lagging (if you ever flashed TSUNAMI,Rivals,Beast,Aspire and SUVI series Roms you feel touch fluid is awesome).
you are telling me to change 3 kernels i can't understand what you did and how it is?
can any body explain this.

abhijitkadam03

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks bro
zStockBoot_2.zip this is 4.2.x ?
i mentioned two things
1.Memory Managment is not great .
2.Touch response is not good.it is littile lagging (if you ever flashed TSUNAMI,Rivals,Beast,Aspire and SUVI series Roms you feel touch fluid is awesome).
you are telling me to change 3 kernels i can't understand what you did and how it is?
can any body explain this.

When i installed this ROM for the first time, even i faced same problems as you have mentioned, so is was going back to SUVI TITAN v15 as i faced lag in all 4.2.x roms i had tried.
before using this rom the best performance i got was in Suvi titan v15.
Suvi titan has a stock mmx jb kernel(4.1) and hence i thought lets flash stock kernel in this 4.2 ROM (Worst case scenario was that i could get a boot loop, and i already had cwm backup of suvi titan so i didnt care).
after flashing the zstockboot surprisingly the phone worked but only camera and messaging didnt work (response of the ROM was as fast as suvi15)

after that i again flashed platinum (without clearing dalvik cache and cache partition) and everything worked flawless except tethering
then i flashed rejoice (without clearing dalvik cache and cache partition) and i have no problems at all...
I am currently experiencing best performance ever on my phone.

what you could do, is this
1. Flash stock kernel zstockboot.zip
2. reboot your phone... and play around to see what works and what not then reboot to recovery
3. Then Flash platinum... ( Do not clear dalvik cache and cache)
4. reboot your phone and see everything works fine or not (i had problem with only tethering)
5. If performance is not satisfactory again reboot into recovery
6. Flash rejoice ( Do not clear dalvik cache and cache) (now everything should work fine)
7. If u still experience sluggish performance then you can go back to any other rom of your choice

and for touch problems... go to xuimod>scrolling mods>scrolling configurations>scroll friction and change scroll friction to the value of your choice (i personally use scroll friction at 75 units)

i hope it works:good:

Reactions: jyotixda

nik2013

Apr 3, 2008
Mumbai
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
You will get the reboot menu by default if you flash the Xposed patch and then apply fix permission.
@kundan.lohar: Titan and Aura worked differently, they had different RAM management, as a result they used to kill many background service and keep on restarting them, due to this it was fast but it prevented those apps from receiving notifications, like FB, Hangout etc. In Phoenix series I am using the SWAP memory to keep many apps running. Now apps are killed only when out of memory so that you keep getting background notifications. The performance should still be very good, if you are feeling lag I would recommend using Xtreme Platium kernel with all the init.d scripts that I had provided in the ROM.

You do not need to delete many apps from system, just remove Gesture nav and xWidget if you want.

Thanks for a quick reply.

But, I didn't get Reboot & Recovery option in Power menu even after flashing Xposed patch.

I am using CWM Recovery, which does not have fix permission option. But as I read somewhere, clearing Dalvic Cache automatically Fixes permissions.

So, I cleared Cache & Dalvik cache after installing Xposed.zip

ibshar

Sep 10, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks for a quick reply.

But, I didn't get Reboot & Recovery option in Power menu even after flashing Xposed patch.

I am using CWM Recovery, which does not have fix permission option. But as I read somewhere, clearing Dalvic Cache automatically Fixes permissions.

So, I cleared Cache & Dalvik cache after installing Xposed.zip
That's not true at all, clearing cache and dalvik does not fix permissions. As for that option, it is available in CWM recovrey under Advanced menu.

jyotixda

Sep 3, 2013
kernel issue

When i installed this ROM for the first time, even i faced same problems as you have mentioned, so is was going back to SUVI TITAN v15 as i faced lag in all 4.2.x roms i had tried.
before using this rom the best performance i got was in Suvi titan v15.
Suvi titan has a stock mmx jb kernel(4.1) and hence i thought lets flash stock kernel in this 4.2 ROM (Worst case scenario was that i could get a boot loop, and i already had cwm backup of suvi titan so i didnt care).
after flashing the zstockboot surprisingly the phone worked but only camera and messaging didnt work (response of the ROM was as fast as suvi15)

after that i again flashed platinum (without clearing dalvik cache and cache partition) and everything worked flawless except tethering
then i flashed rejoice (without clearing dalvik cache and cache partition) and i have no problems at all...
I am currently experiencing best performance ever on my phone.

what you could do, is this
1. Flash stock kernel zstockboot.zip
2. reboot your phone... and play around to see what works and what not then reboot to recovery
3. Then Flash platinum... ( Do not clear dalvik cache and cache)
4. reboot your phone and see everything works fine or not (i had problem with only tethering)
5. If performance is not satisfactory again reboot into recovery
6. Flash rejoice ( Do not clear dalvik cache and cache) (now everything should work fine)
7. If u still experience sluggish performance then you can go back to any other rom of your choice

and for touch problems... go to xuimod>scrolling mods>scrolling configurations>scroll friction and change scroll friction to the value of your choice (i personally use scroll friction at 75 units)

i hope it works:good:

I was using JMP ROM Red Chilli OS 4.2.1 with bindassboost 2.7.
Installed this rom with xtreme platinum 3.4.75.
But drawing much power. No lag issue in touch.
Now going to stock-platinum-rejoice if needed.

nik2013

Apr 3, 2008
Mumbai
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
That's not true at all, clearing cache and dalvik does not fix permissions. As for that option, it is available in CWM recovrey under Advanced menu.

Sorry for Noob questions and going off-topic.

I couldn't find 'Fix permissions' anywhere in CTR 2.2 & CTR 2.5 recovery. Following thread says, Fix permission option is removed, POST1 & POST2

Can you tell me which recovery to use?

#UPDATE#
I got those options shown in Screenshots after Enabling Xposed Framework > Reboot > Enabling Gravity Box > Changing GB Power settings.

Than what's the use of Xposed.zip patch? I was assuming, after flashing Xposed.zip, all required options (Xposed framework, GB & XUI modules and other setting) will get automatically enabled.

Last edited:

ibshar

Sep 10, 2011
Bangalore
Sorry for Noob questions and going off-topic.

I couldn't find 'Fix permissions' anywhere in CTR 2.2 & CTR 2.5 recovery. Following thread says, Fix permission option is removed, POST1 & POST2

Can you tell me which recovery to use?

#UPDATE#
I got those options shown in Screenshots after Enabling Xposed Framework > Reboot > Enabling Gravity Box > Changing GB Power settings.

Than what's the use of Xposed.zip patch? I was assuming, after flashing Xposed.zip, all required options (Xposed framework, GB & XUI modules and other setting) will get automatically enabled.

By flashing the xposed patch all those modules will get activated and pre-configured... But you need to fix permission after flashing it. I use ClockworkMod recovery.

Sent from my Canvas II using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: nik2013

nik2013

Apr 3, 2008
Mumbai
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Problem solved

By flashing the xposed patch all those modules will get activated and pre-configured... But you need to fix permission after flashing it. I use ClockworkMod recovery.

Everything is working perfectly, after I installed old CWM recovery (Power+Vol button) with 'Fix permissions' option.

I have 3 queries,
1) How come no one faced similar problem? As 'Fix permissions' option is removed from all latest Touch based Recoveries. I tried CTR2.2 (by Suprdroid-bond), CTR2.4 (by AndroTech), CTR2.5 (by CODEX) and Philz (By Bindassdost).

2) Pls provide link to Touch based recovery, which has 'Fix permissions' option. As operating recovery with Power+Vol button is very difficult.:)

3) If possible, request you to add 'Setting permissions' option in your updater script. As per post from Philz recovery
Originally Posted by Ramon77
Can you add Fix Permission? Can't seem to find it.
It's not here on purpose. Its a pointless function. All permissions should be correctly applied in the updater-script of whatever mod you apply. If it does not, then the mod should not be used.

How can "fix-permissions" option in recovery actually know the correct permissions for everything you have customised on your system? If you think about it, it cannot possibly know. Meaning it guesses. Meaning it can break things. Meaning it is useless.

Mentioned multiple times in this thread. MOST recoveries removed this option. It should NOT be used in recoveries that haven't removed it. Causes more harm than good.

rohit83

Oct 2, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Everything is working perfectly, after I installed old CWM recovery (Power+Vol button) with 'Fix permissions' option.

I have 3 queries,
1) How come no one faced similar problem? As 'Fix permissions' option is removed from all latest Touch based Recoveries. I tried CTR2.2 (by Suprdroid-bond), CTR2.4 (by AndroTech), CTR2.5 (by CODEX) and Philz (By Bindassdost).

2) Pls provide link to Touch based recovery, which has 'Fix permissions' option. As operating recovery with Power+Vol button is very difficult.:)

3) If possible, request you to add 'Setting permissions' option in your updater script. As per post from Philz recovery

u havent tried twrp by varun chitre in original android development section :p try it u ll find fix permission option in advanced menu ;)

Reactions: nik2013

nik2013

Apr 3, 2008
Mumbai
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
u havent tried twrp by varun chitre in original android development section :p try it u ll find fix permission option in advanced menu ;)

Thanks @rohit83. TWRP has got Fix permission option and now ROM is working perfectly. But, I find TWRP little different and difficult to use.

in cwm there is an option to fix permission

@kundan.lohar, can you provide a link to CWM recovery (touch operated)?
@ibshar, ROM is working perfectly.

I disabled Xposed modules (except GB), now it has got very good battery backup, around 1.5day!!

RAM management is also good. All functions, WiFi, GPS, BT are working perfectly.

** In-call volume(earpiece & loudspeaker) is very low, tried changing Engineering mode settings, but still its not satisfactory.
** Call log is not shown correctly. Also Number filter in Dialer is not working properly/correctly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][JB 4.2.x] *** ib-Phoenix ROM v4 ***

Here is a small, very light AOSP based ROM. Buttery smooth, very responsive and absolutely stable.

dilAjs7.png

This rom based on my earlier rom - ib-Phoenix v2.

Features:
    Nova Launcher included instead of stock for better looks and light weight
    Rooted ROM with SuperSU
    Dialer moded for 210dpi
    Camera working with HD Video recording
    USB OTG working
    AD Blocking included and updated
    Init.d Tweaks included
    356mb SWAP included
    Both internal & External SD Card mounted
    Option to switch SIM for 3G working
    Rosemary Font
    New really cool cyanogenmod boot animation.
    Excellent for gaming (Tested with Beach Buggy Blitz & NFSMW)
    Xposed pre-installed and activated
    Gesture Navigation

After flashing Xposed patch, Xposed Features
    1. Gestures Navigation:
    a. Right edge swipe down - turns off screen
    b. Left edge swipe down - Screenshot
    c. Left edge swipe up - Opens Settings
    d. Right edge swipe up - Opens Whatsapp (if it is installed)
    e. Two finger swipe left - go back
    f. Two finger swipe right - go to home screen
    g. Two finger swipe up - opens Root Explorer (if installed)
    h. Two finger swipe down - opens Gallery

2. Overscroll effect in menus

3. Gravity box features:
    a. Advanced reboot menu
    b. lock screen ring includes camera, browser & gallery
    c. Clear recent with RAM usage in recent apps
    d. Extended & transparent volume bar
    e. Status bar, pull down from right to open quick settings
    f. Centred clock in status bar
    g. Kitkat battery icon with percentage
    h. Transparent status bar

Known Issues
    NONE! ;):fingers-crossed:

Installation instructions

• Please read the flashing instructions carefully and follow it exactly.
    • Download the ROM.zip and xposed.zip to your SD Card
    • Download a 4.2 Kernel of your choice
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Make a Nandroid Backup
    • Wipe Data/Factory reset
    • Install zip from SD Card -> select the ROM.zip
    • Install zip from SD Card -> select the Kernel.zip
    • Reboot
    • Once the phone boots up, enter your information in the setup wizard.
    • Turn off phone and enter the Recovery again
    • Install zip from SD Card -> select the xposed.zip
    • Go to Advanced -> Fix Permissions
    • All done, reboot and enjoy.

Kernel is NOT included! Choose any latest 4.2 Kernel

Just one more thing, fixing permission messes up the XUI MOD settings.
    So please open XuiMod and select "Scrolling Mod"
    Select Scroll Configuration -> Turn it off and on again
    go back one page
    Select Overscroll effect -> Turn it off and on again

For best smoothness, go to Developer options and set all the 3 Animations scales to 0.5x

Disclaimer
    Flash on your own responsibility. This ROM is working and tested on my phone, but if you brick your device or burn your car, I cannot be held responsible! :p

Downloads
    ib - Phoenix ROM v4 Dev Host Link OR DevDB Link (Complete ROM 232mb)
    v4 Xposed Patch (Must be flashed after the ROM is installed)
    ScreenWake&Battery Patch (Must be flashed after the ROM is installed to fix random screen wake and battery drain issue)

Addon Apps (Optional)

To Enable Developer Options GOTO Settings->Account Phone and tap on Build Number 5 times.

XDA:DevDB Information
    ib-Phoenix, ROM for the Micromax A110

Contributors
    ibshar
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-30

Created 2014-08-30
    Last Updated 2014-09-22
    Reserved

Screen Shots​

dCZUc80.png

NVskuxP.png

nrHE6u7.png

ZJpUvv5.png

iwb835O.png

qMFcCzp.png

rFQrrgv.png

Er0QmhF.png

hN0D6ZT.png

7KWdFvh.png

Credits
    All devs who made 4.2 possible for our phone.

@PartimusPrime - For the coolest boot animation ever used in v4!
    @rovo89 - For Xposed Framework
    @C3C076 - For GravityBox
    @Tungstwenty - For MasterkeyDualFix
    @FemBlack - For his amazing Gesture Navigation Module
    Reserved

FAQs:
    1. My screen does not wake up wehn i press the power button, just the navigation lights come on but nothing else.
    Ans: The issue is witha conflicting script and will arise if you are from a JB out of the box and using Bindaas bosst kernel.
    To fix this you need to delete all the init.d scripts except the SWAP script, using Root explorer or ES file explorer...
    Patch

after that i will download it

Wow bro great...
    waiting for the patch...

Screen wake up and Battery drain patch posted in first post, just download and flash from recovery, no wipes needed. ;)

Here's the improvement in battery as tested by me, remember this stat is for 3G or WiFi always on:

Without Patch: :( ( I was actully thinking about buying a new battery because of this issue!)
    gwiAmZH.png

After Patch: :highfive: but thank god I found the cause of the issue! :cool:
    NVskuxP.png

gaukZLo.png
    Ok i think i Finally found the solution for frequent screen wake up issue and fast Battery drain problem... I will test it one more day and post the patch tomorrow.