[ROM][JB][4.3][N8000][N801X] CyanogenMod 10.2 EXPERIMENTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

havok115

Aug 14, 2013
Complaints

Guys @humberos is working very hard in this,stop complaining, as he said it's a WIP. I've been runnign this rom since like forever and use it every day.

I really hope these are not perceived as complaints, but rather info. I know as a Network Engineer occasionally I "fix" something which appears to be working fine, and then later I hear from my users there are still problems, or vice-versa, the feedback is always nice, and welcome, because what might work for Humber, may not work for others, and there may be a simple explaination. I let him know my camera is not working, because I think there was hope that it was fixed in the latest CM builds. In any case, please do not look at these as complaints, but rather constructive feedback.

Thank you,

Last edited:

usopjidin

Sep 10, 2012
Subang Jaya
Anyone here have any issue of samsung account? Mine said, samsung account... Session expired, resign then it will stooped..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

bleez99

May 1, 2011
Nvidia Shield
Google Pixel 6 Pro
For those that must have a camera, can I recommend Camera JB+? It's a paid app that I used back in the S3 Exynos days when there were camera issues with CM 10.1. It was since fixed and I had forgotten about it. It's working fine for me on my 8013.

Handed the S3 down to my wife, and have a Google Edition S4 which runs CM 10.2 pretty flawlessly.

When dialog fails, its time for violence.

Reactions: fuadhdmini

whitlecj

Jun 7, 2010
Love the rom. Only issue I have is massive idle battery drain. If I don't use it for a day, I will lose about 20%. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my GT-N801x using Tapatalk 4

humberos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Brasília
www.humberos.com.br
Love the rom. Only issue I have is massive idle battery drain. If I don't use it for a day, I will lose about 20%. Anyone else have this issue?

Just check your APPS by some task manager.

Because it works fine for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-13-18-08-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-13-18-08-24.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 387

Walker Street

Nov 23, 2007
Please keep up the good work!

I love this rom on my n8000 and especially love the fact it includes Halo. I currently use Halo a lot. The standard CM10.2 doesn't include it. I hope you keep maintaining this rom (and have donated just now). Many thanks!

Greenion

Jan 2, 2009
Goonellabah
Installed a day ago. Living this rom. Thanks for all the hard work.

Couple of minor things is there anyway to get my device to detect itself as 8010 instead of 801x (it blocks some apps in play store because it says they are not compatible with device, but previously worked well in 8010)? And is there anyway when in tablet ui for the quick settings menu to use tiles instead of the item list?

After flashed the rom, following all steps its created folder called "0", then inside is another "0" folder and inside it is all the android folders that are named the same as root folder. If I transfer something to the root directory, or go through cwm to flash a zip I have to navigate through these "0" folders. To find the zip files.

Thanks again.

usopjidin

Sep 10, 2012
Subang Jaya
Latest antutu v4 result. I am very happy with this rom.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379509261599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379509261599.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: gekyfela

iRoNX

Jan 11, 2013
Every time I update the device (after you have upgraded it), reboot the system.
When the reboot is complete and the launcher is loaded, the system hangs and does a restar one other time.
Why is this happening?

Dileas

Feb 25, 2013
What's up with the voltages?

I've been using the Humberos kernels and roms for a long time now, and I friggin' love 'em, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since day one - the voltage tables. At first I wasn't able to get undervolting working at all - any attempt to change it would just set all the voltages to some insanely high number. After a bit of playing around I got it to work, but 2 things are still out of whack:

1. The voltages get reported as "750,000mv" instead of "750mv".
2. The two lowest CPU frequencies can't have their voltage set any lower than "900,000mv".

The first issue means that it's almost impossible to tweak voltages in an app like SetCPU - I have to go and create a text file, change all the voltages, then load and apply that text file. It works, but it's awkward.

The second issue means that the lower two frequencies are essentially useless to me. I have 300mhz set up to use "725,000 mv", while 200 and 100 are both set at "900,000". So in order to get the best battery life I actually have to set my minimum frequency to 300.

Am I the only one seeing these problems? Doesn't anybody else bother with voltage adjustments? Any input here would be appreciated.

Last edited:

humberos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Brasília
www.humberos.com.br
I've been using the Humberos kernels and roms for a long time now, and I friggin' love 'em, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since day one - the voltage tables. At first I wasn't able to get undervolting working at all - any attempt to change it would just set all the voltages to some insanely high number. After a bit of playing around I got it to work, but 2 things are still out of whack:

1. The voltages get reported as "750,000mv" instead of "750mv".
2. The two lowest CPU frequencies can't have their voltage set any lower than "900,000mv".

The first issue means that it's almost impossible to tweak voltages in an app like SetCPU - I have to go and create a text file, change all the voltages, then load and apply that text file. It works, but it's awkward.

The second issue means that the lower two frequencies are essentially useless to me. I have 300mhz set up to use "725,000 mv", while 200 and 100 are both set at "900,000". So in order to get the best battery life I actually have to set my minimum frequency to 300.

Am I the only one seeing these problems? Doesn't anybody else bother with voltage adjustments? Any input here would be appreciated.

Yeah!
I can confirm this issue.
So, I got it fixed and it will available in next build.

commit reference

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).:cowboy:

My builds uses all official CyanogenMod sources except the kernel. But I am merging it with all fixes/features from CM kernel repo, Google and kernel.org mainline too.

Downloads
    Latest HumberOS

Installation
    - First time flashing CM10.2 to your device (or coming from another ROM)?
    • Root your device and install CwM Recovery* or TWRP.
    • Reboot into Recovery
    • Do a Nandroid backup!
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using CwM Recovery or TWRP

FAQ

Q&A thread
    Please read before posting or reporting bugs!:cowboy:

Reporting Bugs
    Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Please read the thread for known issues before reporting.

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.
    Code:
    What is your--
      Tablet model:
      Radio (baseband):
      CM version:
      CM Download url:
      Gapps version:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:
    Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
      other modifications:
    Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    IRC
    • User channel
      • #cyanogenmod
      • #teamhacksung-support
    • Developer channel
      • #teamhacksung
      • #cyanogenmod-dev

Changelog?
    • A rough changelog is available HERE

All Sources

Special Thanks

Enjoy!
    New build - 20130923

New build - 20130923

http://sourceforge.net/users/humberos

• Back to 1600 mhz
    • Official CyanogenMod fixes

My concerns about CyanogenMod Inc:
    http://www.humberos.com.br

Enjoy it!
    reserved

reserved
    New build - 20130904

New build - 20130904

www.humberos.com.br

Enjoy it!
    Downloading! Nice work man. I saw that the 801X folder just got a new build, is the 8000 also being updated? If thats the case I hold of on flashing the 130821 build.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

Uploading N8000 right now.

Wait what, am I missing something? This ROM has HALO?

Yes. We have HALO and old tablet UI ported to 4.3.

Enjoy it!