[ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
P4/P4TMO users:
Any issues with shutdown (i.e. unplug, power off through dialog, and it stays powered off) on 7/11?

Philly Jim

Aug 27, 2011
Broomall, Pa

Running smooth .......:good:

Anyone help me out with an updated gapps package , I've surched and tried a couple but they won't take , I,be tried ultra slim they just aborted and i've tried an inverted gapps package , aborted also , I made sure they where for cm 10 , then I wiped cache and davlik but I keep getting aborted , I've been running the original gapps that came with this ROM since day one , ( this the only ROM I've ever run on this tab) but I would like to update , thanks in advance....

slipar

Nov 1, 2012
hi pershoot..using latest build from droidbasement for p4..
got problem with 3g connection..
always disconnect while in use..

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
CM10.2 with Android 4.3 in the horizon by any chance? I am holding off buying new tablet note 8 as very much enjoying cm10.1 which not available for note 8

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 4

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
Thanks, however this is my daily driver and i look forward for stable nightly release

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Henu

Oct 25, 2012
Helsinki
Hello, folks! Just got my hands on the 10.1 yesterday and decided to flash Pershoot´s 07/25 CM10, as he hinted that it would be the best option for this tab. But I´m experiencing some nasty lag and CPU spikes quite often, and started to search over for a solution.

According to System Tuner, system/bin/surfaceflinger is hogging the CPU quite a load compared to anything else. (Debuggerd also, but I can assume it´s doing it because it´s somehow related to USB Debugging, which I have on and the tab is charged via my computer.) I also got quite big numbers memory- wise from system_server, but it ended as I limited background processes to max 4 as suggested elsewhere. Memory leak was the term they were referring to, yet I am a bit sceptical on that.

I´m running Pershoot´s 07/25 CM10 with AAccount´s A1 Kernel 1.9. Do you think the problem could lie with the kernel compatibility here?
I´d appreciate any answer, is possible. Just don´t tell me to reflash, as I spent 8 hours on tweaking this one already into perfection for my use. :D

Thanks,
Henu

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
I´m running Pershoot´s 07/25 CM10 with AAccount´s A1 Kernel 1.9. Do you think the problem could lie with the kernel compatibility here?

Henu

stick with the shipping kernel for the best experience. it contains various fixes and enhancements and is tailored to work within the environment it is sitting in.

no issues at all with what is contained therein and its been very well tested at this point and rock solid.

reflash the rom.

Last edited:

samdal

Oct 20, 2012
Nooooooooooooooooooooo..... *fades away*

In all seriousness, thank for the very quick answer. Gonna do some flashy things then, hopefully I will get this tweaked faster now, using TiBu. Thanks again, and thanks for the marvellous work you´ve done!

You don't have to do full wipe. Just delete cache and dalvik cache and reflash rom and gapps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Henu

Oct 25, 2012
Helsinki
You don't have to do full wipe. Just delete cache and dalvik cache and reflash rom and gapps.

I´ll just do the whole show to make sure it will get 100% "by the book" now. Can´t stand taking any risks at this point, haha! But thanks for advice, though. :)

EDIT: So, I got greedy in the end and decided to do some quick benchmark tests with Pershoot´s ROM. Thought that as I´m running a clean install I could as well try 10.1 Nightly and run the tests with that as well. Not only did Pershoot succeed better than the nightly, but right after I had flashed the 10.1 I remembered the dreaded multi- user file structure.
I couldn´t get Windows to see the data/media/0- files at all despite of all my futile attempts so I ended up moving them with ES File Explorer to my fileserver at home, which took ages. Gonna go stock with Odin to revert everything tomorrow, and then finally back to Pershoot´s 10.0. Lesson learned, I guess. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1stHTCphone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOADS

I'm not going to build CM10 anymore, pershoot already published his experimental builds, you can find them (for all Galaxy Tab 10.1 models) here: Droid Basement

Google Apps

gapps-jb-20120729.zip

Mirror 01: gapps-jb-20120729.zip
    Mirror 02: gapps-jb-20120729.zip (thanks to kingofcomedy)
    Mirror 03: gapps-jb-20120729.zip

gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip

gapps-jb-20120716-signed.zip

FLASH SUPPORT

Check this guide: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Be aware, it may cause troubles with web surfing, consider this before reporting problems.

VIDEOS

CM10 Preview JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanks to illmatic24)

PC CONNECTION

wlaidi.jpg
    I have made a camera patch for this rom. It will only get the rear camera working. This is the first android zip I've made, but it works for me. You can get it here:

http://ganiman.com/gtab_jb_camera_update.zip

Flash with CWM or TWRP. If you try to switch to the front camera, it will cause gallery to crash and the camera app will not open anymore. Clearing data on the gallery app fixes this.
    NEW BUILDS

Wi-Fi Only (GT-P7510) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4wifi-sig.zip

md5: 09fcdc58c83c30e8ff00e756010c0ca1
    sha1: 576e14db1493118776dbdcf1ab839f916ce042f2

Wi-Fi+3G (GT-P7500) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4-sig.zip

md5: 32fff488ffb32126bc5255e2e866da5b
    sha1: fe42a4b7cdb43536268fe06009b1add083ebcc42

Google Apps: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip [source]

This are the last builds of CM10 from me. pershoot is (very soon) going to upload testing builds, and this builds are virtually the same thing, I think there's no need for redundancy. Besides, for several reasons, is better to get them from the source (in this case, pershoot).
    i know its off topic but any chance u have started working on 4.2 already? :) saw tat 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP. in ur opinion does our tab support 4.2?

this tab will support 4.2.

when it is integrated within CM, then it will be in all builds from that point.
    So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).