[ROM][JB][JZO54K] CyanogenMod 10 by ivendor - Release 2.5 - Kernel 3.0.x

Search This thread
It would be very cool if we get an ION Kernel to the Cm10 Rom too :) . I'd would be very cool if ADC Team would continue work on Cm 10 too.
Indeed.
However ADC team need to focus on one Rom. They would not be able to make it if they split their forces.
If you have too much balls in the air they all will fall down. (sorry for my bad English)
Reverse engineering is a quite tough job. And they better do it on an actual Rom.
Keep on going ADC Team!
Great work!

Sent by i9001 0x07 board running CM10.1rc8 ADC on K^Kernel2.4exUV370MB with i9001XXKPO baseband

TheTechnolgyhelper

Nov 14, 2012
Remscheid
Indeed.
However ADC team need to focus on one Rom. They would not be able to make it if they split their forces.
If you have too much balls in the air they all will fall down. (sorry for my bad English)
Reverse engineering is a quite tough job. And they better do it on an actual Rom.
Keep on going ADC Team!
Great work!

Sent by i9001 0x07 board running CM10.1rc8 ADC on K^Kernel2.4exUV370MB with i9001XXKPO baseband

Yes i know they do their job very well

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
I think if the ADC-Team fix all problems in PMEM CM10.1 then it will be much better as CM10 ;)
And for sure if ION will works well then you never want go back to CM10, CM9 or GB :good:

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
Wow great answer ( sarcasm) -.-

Isnt it?
I wanted to make clear, that there is no room for discussions about CM10. Soon there will be Android 4.4 and you are asking if we can continue 4.1. We already have 3 roms to maintain, and the devs have very limited time...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

TheTechnolgyhelper

Nov 14, 2012
Remscheid
Isnt it?
I wanted to make clear, that there is no room for discussions about CM10. Soon there will be Android 4.4 and you are asking if we can continue 4.1. We already have 3 roms to maintain, and the devs have very limited time...

No, I only the answer of you ;) Because it was without grounds :) I know that your are looking to the newest version and I think it's great. Only I mean that Cm10 is on performance side better than the newer versions. Correct me if it isn't like. Cm10.1 has a great performance but features like Lockscreen widgets are using much CPU usage :D I know you have limited time because you have privat time too. I dont know if the newer Releases will have more performance improvement.

isaak.lee05

Apr 29, 2012
No, I only the answer of you ;) Because it was without grounds :) I know that your are looking to the newest version and I think it's great. Only I mean that Cm10 is on performance side better than the newer versions. Correct me if it isn't like. Cm10.1 has a great performance but features like Lockscreen widgets are using much CPU usage :D I know you have limited time because you have privat time too. I dont know if the newer Releases will have more performance improvement.

Hey the devs are not working on ION because ION gives a huge better performance, this is wrong. They are working on ION because if the adreno libs are not working with PMEM and they will only work with ION. And the better Performance comes from the new libs and not from ION. And Android 4.1.2 have early samples which are working on PMEM. The libs are still used in 4.2.2 and 4.3. And thats why games are lagging so much. So the devs are going to make a Android 4.2.2 ROM with the 4.2.2 Adreno libs not the 4.1.2 ones. And you said that CM10 have better performance but when we have the ION 4.2 ROM with the new adreno libs, the performance will be much better than 4.1.2.

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection

Ok, but just to correct you...

The Lockscreen widgets do not take more cpu time, than "normal" widgets do on the homescreen.
And if you have the same widget on the homescreen & the lockscreen, there is only 1 process ongoing for the widget.
And if you have no widget at all on your lockscreen, then there is no ram or cpu usage at all...

The only reason that CM10 feels "faster" than CM10.1 is, that the drivers are more near to their source version. For example, Android 4.2 is 0.1 more far away from 2.3 than 4.1. That means the compatibility is better in most cases.
And btw, if you look closely...Android 4.2 got alot new stuff.. Not just homescreen widgets..
There is a new BT-Stack...a new Hardware Composer...Project Butter V2 and more stuff that does not comes to my mind now.

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
A small summary:
- Ivendor is busy with the ADC team and their works and ofcourse his personal and busy life (wish you the best mate)
- The ADC Team are busy with CM10.1 etc and do not have the proper time to finisch the job on this rom (guys good work)

Also it would be nice if Ivendor put an EOL of Development halted in the thread title ;)

Reactions: SGS+_User

homerissimo

Nov 5, 2009
Battery Problem SOLVED

Finally I've obtained an excellent result. I installed CM10 with K^Kernel_JB-4.1.2_3.0_v2.6_Linaro-4.7.4_OC_UV_370MB ... and I can use my phone for a couple of days (always connected).
This ROM is really fast, reliable and complete (on despite of Gingerbread version 2.3.6 released from Samsung for the phone ...).
The major problem was probably related the two steps I didn't execute in the past, "Wipe devlik cache” and “Fix Permissions".
:good::good::good::good:

Hinnak321

Feb 11, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11
with trying CM10 alpha4 i had become a big fan of this rom. and still a fan at CM10 r2.5. but in june i decided to try some other roms, notice that other devs do good work as well. since summer til now i didnt realize a slow process. with every rom i tested for some weeks, my phone went bit by bit / day by day just a little bit slower than the day before. the last days it seems to me, that time has come and HW is too outdated for daily using.now. :crying:

THIS NIGHT I GOT BACK ON TRACK :victory: :cool:

this rom seems to be developed for gettin the best balanced harmony to the performance of i9001-hardware !
so i wanna thank 2 times now :good: :good: for getting a not expected boost of performace and usability a second time :good:

Reactions: Deadnight93

-Vinne2-

Problem with installing ROM

I wanted to update to latest version of this ROM. But I have a problem with installing any ROM. When I mess up anything or my phone breaks I can only restore to a CWM backup that I've luckily done before. (Well, I can install via Odin but there are almost none Odin-able ROMs nowadays, I see.)

My question is: can I just copy the files to proper directories, because this is only update of ROM? Can I make it from Root Browser? Or do I have to do it from PC via adb? Or can I just replace those files in my backup, recalculate the md5 sums and restore in recovery mode? (but how to edit those tar files, just with any unpacking software?) Or maybe there's a way to convert CWM-based ZIPs to Odin'able files?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

anuseb89

Nov 5, 2012
Bangalore
Hoo man..simple suggestion..hoping ur phone is not a bricked one..

Grab the recovery in the op or latest recovery by adc team..download rom and gapps..

Flash recovery first..reboot once again to recovery..flash rom..reboot..trust me it will work..if not some probs wit ur fone man..

I think compared to formating ur system partition and pushing each and every file in the zip using root explorer,this method is simple..

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

-Vinne2-

I don't know what you meant by "Grab the recovery in the op" but I have the latest ADCteam cwm.
Anyway, after hard reset I was able to update ROM to 2.5 with OTAupdater and I even tried installing new ROM, it worked.

I tried wiping cache, data etc. before but had no idea a hard reset was necessary in my case.
Nevermind, thanks for help!

-Vinne2-

• 2013-05-02: CM10 Release 2.5 [1] [2]
    MD5SUM: 3af7e7c8d4f01178b3ea036840a26645
    • Switch 2G to 3G and viceversa, now smooth and stable
    • Adjusted default autobrightness levels (14) to match new driver (CastagnaIT)
    Patch for EMMC data partition broken devices (read FAQ)

Hi, ivendor, I like and used your ROM for a long time but now moved to CM11 by ADCTeam and I miss custom vibrate pattern in Mms.apk so I tried to transfer that feature.
Using apktool and zipsigner I managed to succesfully edit layout (I hate the text-align-right of sent messages) so I know compilation and flashing is fine but my efforts to have custom pattern (= edit xml/preferences.xml, values/arrays.xml, values/strings.xml, copy com/android/mms/preferences from your Mms.apk to CM11's) result in app FC when trying to open Settings. Could you give some advice what else should I edit?

Browsing on my GT-I9001 via xda-developers app

signs23

Jun 3, 2012
Pfullingen
why? im using this phone now with custom roms since arco started, and the adc roms are perfect, there is no need to stuck on such an old outdated rom

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: smeroni68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, i'm back again.
    This ROM is based on my previous CM9 rom and arco's work for Galaxy W device. Arco will not release CM10 for our device, so i'll continue his work and improve CM10 for our phone.
    From alpha 7 it's based on CAF kernel jellybean branch (big thanks to arco for his work).The versions below alpha 7 are based on the same ICS kernel 2.6.35 used in CM9.

What's working:
    Audio
    Receiving and making calls
    GPS
    Compass
    Proximity sensor
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    USB mass storage
    HW accelerated gui
    HW accelerated video
    Camera
    BLN
    USB/Wifi tethering
    VSync
    USB OTG (Experimntal support)

Partially working:
    Graphical glitches in Panorama preview

Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-11-14-01-44-20.jpg Screenshot_2012-11-14-01-44-44.jpg Screenshot_2012-11-14-01-45-09.jpg Screenshot_2013-01-30-18-36-15.jpg

CM10 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S Plus is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM10 and gapps-jb zips and put in /sdcard

• 2013-05-02: CM10 Release 2.5 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 3af7e7c8d4f01178b3ea036840a26645
      • Switch 2G to 3G and viceversa, now smooth and stable
      • Adjusted default autobrightness levels (14) to match new driver (CastagnaIT)

• 2013-04-27: CM10 Release 2 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: fe33c7273c2b75c7816d15b1ac45278a
      • Fixed EDGE Data Connection
      • New Display Drivers (CastgnaIT)
      • New Lux Sensor Drivers (CastgnaIT)
      • Sync with lastest CM Sources

• 2013-04-04: CM10 Release 1 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 78fcea8704ecfb4d30a82b35f29f0998
      • Fixed WEP Connections
      • Fixed reboot when playing webm video
      • Fixed line glitch on front camera preview
      • New static boot image with Cid

• 2013-03-25: CM10 beta 4 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: a5a7d1ddfc43d45f9fcaa9515a59cd5d
      • More stable kernel
      • Switched to BLNv9 (thanks CastagnaIT for his kernel patches)
      • Vibration intensity adjustable from System Device Settings (thanks CastagnaIT for his kernel patches)
      • Enabled Ram Console (when the phone reboots you can get last dmesg reading file /proc/last_kmsg)

• 2013-03-11: CM10 beta 3 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 016a54574c34b61b40a65a70e7c415da
      • New Samsung Wifi Driver
      • Fixed bug with activation of Backlight Wakelock and Force Fast Charge at startup
      • Sync with lastes CM Sources

• 2013-02-23: CM10 beta 2 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 166602def2c86a241ae69233c9993a5e
      • USB OTG experimental support
      • USB Fast charge experimental support
      • Various changes on kernel from Arco

• 2013-02-11: CM10 beta 1 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 83e0a70fa63cf8c9e28db3f032e8081a
      • Kernel adjustments for Camera (credits arco)
      • Face unlock working in portrait mode
      • Fix Screen On/Screen Off glitch (credits CastagnaIt)
      • Enable WebGL in browser (credits arco)
      • Fixed Switch 2G/3G and other RIL adjustments

• 2013-01-30: CM10 alpha 7 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: ce22078b1e84cd0540680520a168c3a5
      • Switch to CAF kernel 3.0.x branch jellybean
      • VSync Enabled

• 2012-12-26: CM10 alpha 6 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: e13f727ca7cf9c8c2d1d1069f91df5c5
      • Fix for Data connection not working on SIM PIN Unlock
      • Fix for VOIP calls in speaker mode (should affect skype and other voip applications)
      • Sync to lastest CyanogenMod sources

• 2012-11-25: CM10 alpha 5 [1]
      MD5SUM: 024d0a51ade61758a445e545dfd582dc
      • Integrated OTA Update Center application
      • New RIL changes from arco's ROM

• 2012-11-19: CM10 alpha3 [Update from Alpha 2]
      MD5SUM: c79424dddf8b57879885200c074abecd
      • Fix Hardware accelerated video

• 2012-11-18: CM10 alpha2 [1]
      MD5SUM: 4971085afd76f5e09257550aa903111d
      • Initial release

• CM10 alpha1 - prerelease
      No more available

Before you install CM10: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use CWM5 or CWM6. 2013-04-08 UPDATE!!! new 6.0.2.8 with safe kernel 2.6 (no EMMC bug) and sideload support!
      For flashing with Odin: recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-ariesve-kernel26.tar.md5 | recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-ariesve-kernel26.tar.md5 (Needs AriesVE.ops)
      For flashing as zip file: recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-ariesve-kernel26.zip | recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-ariesve-kernel26.zip
      • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM10. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone![/URL]
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash update*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM10 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM10 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM10 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

From alpha5 on, you can update between CM10 versions with the OTA Update Center application, which is already present in the ROM installed.

Credits
    CyanogenMod Team
    Arco68 for his huge work for our device
    CastagnaIT,Cristopher83 for their kernel patches
    smeroni68 for his bug report and testing work

Sources
    All my sources are on GitHub

FAQ
    • For recovery bootloop problem you should at this post
    • BLN feature recap:
      • It is activable/deactivable from BLN Control Application (Free or Pro version)
      • You can launch it from Settings->Device->Advanced
    • No System Sounds UI:
      • Download this app
      • Set the system volume to maximum (7). You should hear the sounds again.
    • Only the devices with EMMC data partition broken, starting from Release 2 can use specific patch released along with the ROM to boot successfully. The patch must be applied after the main ROM upgrade and needs an external sd with second partition of type ext4 used as replacement for broken data one. Make sure this partition is big enough (At least, 1.5 GB it's suggested). It also means that those devices cannot use OTA Update for installing ROM newer versions because it doesn't install the patch needed.
    Update:

Hy guys, I have a wonderfull news for you... Tiziano (alias Ivendor) has get this morning the University grade!! He get absolutely the max votation... 110 + mention of lode!!!

You are the best Tiziano, my best compliments!!!

Thank you all, Next days i'll be back to work on i9001, i have to recover from these drunken days :)
    Beta 1 released!
    Changelog in the first post!
    Thats a CM source fail.

If no really really bad bugs appear, it should be the last. However in my eyes, the rom is near to full perfection.

Yes it could be the latest release (or one of the last ones) of CM10. I've started working on CM10.1, i hope i can release something soon :)
    Beta 3 out!

New Samsung Wifi driver from Galaxy Reverb/S3, thanks to the collaboration with arco as always :)