- Feb 6, 2012
What is King Kang?!?
King Kang is essentially a hybrid ROM - its a mixture of AOKP, CyanogenMod, and ParanoidAndroid, bringing all their customizations to one rock solid and quick ROM. These numerous features combine to create a blend of features not seen anywhere else before. Make the user interface yours with this ROM. Change the DPI the ROM runs at, tweak the interface to your hearts content, while enjoying great battery life and stability. Never before have these features combined to create a ROM as feature-packed as King Kang. Credits for the features goes directly to the teams responsible - AOKP and CM for their respective work, and ParanoidAndroid for their wonderful DPI on-the-fly modifications. Without these teams, this ROM would not be possible.
How To Flash
- Place ROM onto phone storage
- Reboot to recovery
- Make a Nandroid
- Install Rom: Wipe INSIDE ROM
- When you select "Reboot Not", you'll get a CWM error, IGNORE IT
- Install OPTIONS or Gapps
- WIKI/FAQ Located: To be reworked
PLEASE NOTE: I will NOT provide ParanoidPreferences.apk in this ROM zip. The devs of that great ROM have asked that the particular apk NOT be included in NON-PA zips. They put in the work, so I respect their wishes. That being said, I will NOT link the file nor do I want to see it linked here.
To get it, do the following:
- Boot into King Kang and set up Gapps
- Download Paranoid Android ROM zip
- Download Root Browser
- Use Root Browser to extract the file from the PA zip
- Place it into /system/app
- Set permissions to RW, R, R
To successfully set Tablet mode in King Kang, follow the following steps....
- Go into settings
- Go into ROM Control
- Go into Navigation Bar and enable bar, allow SU
- Go back and go into General UI
- Click Force Tablet UI and reboot manually
- Once you come back from the reboot, go into Settings
- Go into Paranoid Settings
- Go into Workspace
- Click on what mode y
The graphics related issues are due to not having proper drivers to use for this. Don't ask for an ETA on a fix. Moto won't be giving us the drivers, so there is no fix
- Videocamera : Use VideoCam Illusion
Slight Lag possible on screen transitions
If you need to report a NEW bug, report it once, and the next TWO people VERIFY it. I don't need everyone reporting same bug 20 times. I you can, provide me the following information:
- Version you're using
- What type of fwipe you did and what ROM you came from
- Have you restored any data from something like Titanium Backup
- What app is misbehaving and what you were doing when it started
- Logcats<--THIS IS PREFERRED.
If you don't know how to logcat, go HERE and learn. This really nice guy took the time to write out a good how to
When you have a LOGCAT and would like to post it, please go to pastebin and post it in there, then LINK that location in this thread...I don't want to see them posted directly in here.
- AOKP, Paranoid Android, Cyanogenmod, and King Kang Teams-Without all of them, this ROM doesn't exist
- scott.hart.bi=for helping me with source building
- Jokersax11-for being my initial inspiration on Atrix, being a cool guy, and helping me along in my early days
- Amarullz=for creating the Aroma Installer
- Spleef-for collaborating on those first builds that got me into Android
- Alcapone263-for donating an Atrix coming to a home near me
- All my testers and users
- Anyone else I may have forgotten
Kernel Source: HERE