• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][JB][Sense 5][05.06] Team Venom presents: ViperS 5.3.0 | Sense 6 Blinkfeed |

wishe

Feb 5, 2013
No problem updating

But guys, just to inform that i have no problem flashing the update via my recovery~ :good:
Recovery version: 4ext 1.0.0.5 Rc8
S-ON

TimelightNL

Apr 5, 2011
Drachten
Installing the OTA did go without creating some kind of graphical anomaly glitch this time. There is no sight of a space time rift being created yet and everything is working fine for me :good:

So thank you for the update ivicask!

Reactions: ivicask

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
venomroms.com
When are we going to get update with included new kernel? Some kernel with more governors and schedulers? Kernel built with @Christopher83's Linaro 4.9.1 toolchain...
That wont happen, Sebastian will only add S2W, he doesn't do such modifications, hes trying to keep kernel as stock as possible because that works best and most stable.

qtoo941

Jun 27, 2013
Sofia
That wont happen, Sebastian will only add S2W, he doesn't do such modifications, hes trying to keep kernel as stock as possible because that works best and most stable.
Lol, optimizing stock kernel with Linaro 4.9.1 toolchain will not break current stability but actually will increase it. And adding governors like interactive, lulzactive, hyper or smartassv2/h3 and schedulers like sioplus, zen, fiops will not break stability too. This will be just ability for bigger userchoise. On first flashing kernel is being stock with stock governor and scheduler so it is rock-stable. Everyone can make experiment and change the governor. Currently I can use only performance governor and this is killing my battery. Actually interactive or hyper governor will be better. But anyway. Everybody can choose what to do - to keep his kernel with stock settings and rock-stable or to meet the risk of changing his governor and scheduler and feel the difference in performance and battery life.

So adding some governors and i/o schedulers will not decrease kernel's stability.

Reactions: lutyjj

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
venomroms.com
Lol, optimizing stock kernel with Linaro 4.9.1 toolchain will not break current stability but actually will increase it. And adding governors like interactive, lulzactive, hyper or smartassv2/h3 and schedulers like sioplus, zen, fiops will not break stability too. This will be just ability for bigger userchoise. On first flashing kernel is being stock with stock governor and scheduler so it is rock-stable. Everyone can make experiment and change the governor. Currently I can use only performance governor and this is killing my battery. Actually interactive or hyper governor will be better. But anyway. Everybody can choose what to do - to keep his kernel with stock settings and rock-stable or to meet the risk of changing his governor and scheduler and feel the difference in performance and battery life.

So adding some governors and i/o schedulers will not decrease kernel's stability.
By changing governors and settings you kill PnP and you loose all the benefits from it, read about it in FAQ.

Anyways, you need to ask such questions in Kernel thread, because you have highest chance Sebastian will see it, i can do nothing with your requests...

fufinoid

Apr 23, 2012
Porto
Thank you for the update!

P.S. I think there is no need for different governors for most of users, my opinion is that those kind of features are just wasting of the developer's time. This team is going another way - to develop some unique sort of features, which improve the user's experience more qualitatively. )) :good:

sneaki

May 6, 2013
+1 .
How can i update via OTA? Im running 5.2.0. In software updates it says up to date..
With 5.2.1 build

"This zip does'nt meant to be flashed in recovery! It might a bootloader flashable zip or not a flasable zip at all. Installation aborted."

What sould I do?

Last edited:

fufinoid

Apr 23, 2012
Porto
in the ViperS_5.2.1. zip form the latest download link there is only one folder "extracted_sense5" which contain usual directories for flashing through recovery. so should we repack the archive or should wait for new link?)

Last edited:

AnyRom

Mar 1, 2014
Just finished download and MD5 but install failed, I use 1.0.0.6 RC1 recovery, Is it recovery problem?
-Is anyone have same problem on 1.0.0.6 RC1?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pera987

Jan 19, 2010
in the ViperS_5.2.1. zip form the latest download link there is only one folder "extracted_sense5" which contain usual directories for flashing through recovery. so should we repack the archive or should wait for new link?)
download then ota zip file and flash it trough recovery, or full rom, if ivica uploaded new corected version..

edit: wrong quote, but you got the idea