[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 (Stable release)

Search This thread

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
44cwe.png

Motorola Xoom

Eos is an android custom rom for a wide range of devices. We support phones and tablets alike. From the Motorola Xoom, to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, to the Asus Nexus 7.

We proudly base all of our modifications off of the Android open source project, and try to (whenever feasible) develop all of our modifications without basing them off of others work (kanging).

Even though we try our hardest to ensure that every single build is as stable as possible, we can't guarantee that every build will be stable. However, most of our users agree that our nightly roms are very much stable and are considered "daily drivers".

5Hrhk.png

• Android 4.1.1 AOSP based.
  • Theme Chooser
  • Battery Indicator Mods
  • Clock Mods
  • Status Bar Color
  • Navigation Bar Color
  • Softkeys Long-Press Actions
  • Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
  • Android Rotation Lock
  • EOS Toggles
  • Hide System Bars
  • Performance Settings
  • Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
  • Default Volume Control Stream
  • Advanced power menu with reboot options.
  • Hiding the status bars via the power menu

NJp2X.png

1. Download the eos rom zip for your device
  2. Download the eos google applications zip file
  3. Reboot into recovery (TWRP is reccomended)
  4. Perform a factory reset if you're not using an EOS rom.
  5. Install the eos rom zip
  6. Install the eos google applications file.
  7. Welcome to eos!

Note:
If you're using a US 4G Xoom (LTE) and don't have network connectivity, follow these steps:
  1. Download the updated radios from here
  2. Download & Install the Rogue recovery
  3. Flash the radios.
  4. Reboot back into android.

KYc0l.png

Xoom Wifi - wingray / MZ604
Goo.im (US)
mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
Torrent

Xoom US 4g - stingray / MZ602
Goo.im (US)
mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
Torrent

Xoom EU 3g - umts_everest / MZ601
Goo.im (US)
mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
Torrent

Google applications
Goo.im (US)
mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
Torrent

Imgur album

Sources
All of our source code is available at http://git.teameos.org

Bugs
Please report bugs at http://bugs.teameos.org

schousta

Jan 2, 2011
Sooo keen on trying this out!

Got a used Xoom, rooted it and waited for a good costum rom with JB.
Was afraid of the "unstable/buggy" cm7 and the "nightly" TeamEOS..

But now, finally a stable!

Thanks!

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
What kernel is provided by default with stable EOS ? standard or o/c ?

My xoom is fully stable on 4.0 or 4.1 but as soon as I was using EOS or other roms using a non standard kernel, device was rebooting or freezing.

maajstor

Jan 12, 2011
London
I'm on the latest nightly (EOS-wingray-20120923-146).
Do I need full wipe before flashing this one?

Step 4 in the OP might explain it, but I just need to make sure - It's my wife's Xoom ;). Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sjtokarski

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
Not that I know anything about the XOOM but I'm guessing I picked a right time to buy a XOOM right? As soon as I get my SD card from Amazon and root the device I'll try to flash it and give some feedback later on.

Thank you!!

Sent from my MZ604 using XDA Premium HD app

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
Great work team eos!!

I got a question: what is twrp? I am running cwm is it ok to install it via cwm?

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
Hats off to Team EOS (formerly Tiamat) for their dedicated support to this device. I've been on EOS 3 Nightlies since they started and to be honest, they've seemed stable for as long as I can remember. But of course, its always nice to see "official stable releases."

Great work, downloading with goo manager now.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Great work team eos!!

I got a question: what is twrp? I am running cwm is it ok to install it via cwm?

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

TWRP is a touch based recovery. It was ported to the Xoom a while back and is a really nice recovery. Your cwm should be fine to install from but I'd recommend getting TWRP.

Nov 29, 2009
ADW Ex transitions

Updated from EOS 2.0 stable without troubles.

One wee problem is that ADW screen transitions don't work anymore... don't know if this ADW JB compatibility or not. Guess it could be with the JB reworking of the frame buffers.

Awesome

deathmaker06

May 12, 2012
Hi, I just recently rooted and installed the US Eos rom for a friend's tablet. I was wondering if this rom supported OTG because that was the main reason for rooting his tablet. If it does how do I use it for say keyboards, mouse, usb drives?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    44cwe.png

Motorola Xoom

Eos is an android custom rom for a wide range of devices. We support phones and tablets alike. From the Motorola Xoom, to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, to the Asus Nexus 7.

We proudly base all of our modifications off of the Android open source project, and try to (whenever feasible) develop all of our modifications without basing them off of others work (kanging).

Even though we try our hardest to ensure that every single build is as stable as possible, we can't guarantee that every build will be stable. However, most of our users agree that our nightly roms are very much stable and are considered "daily drivers".

5Hrhk.png

• Android 4.1.1 AOSP based.
    • Theme Chooser
    • Battery Indicator Mods
    • Clock Mods
    • Status Bar Color
    • Navigation Bar Color
    • Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    • Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    • Android Rotation Lock
    • EOS Toggles
    • Hide System Bars
    • Performance Settings
    • Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    • Default Volume Control Stream
    • Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    • Hiding the status bars via the power menu

NJp2X.png

1. Download the eos rom zip for your device
    2. Download the eos google applications zip file
    3. Reboot into recovery (TWRP is reccomended)
    4. Perform a factory reset if you're not using an EOS rom.
    5. Install the eos rom zip
    6. Install the eos google applications file.
    7. Welcome to eos!

Note:
    If you're using a US 4G Xoom (LTE) and don't have network connectivity, follow these steps:
    1. Download the updated radios from here
    2. Download & Install the Rogue recovery
    3. Flash the radios.
    4. Reboot back into android.

KYc0l.png

Xoom Wifi - wingray / MZ604
    Goo.im (US)
    mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
    Torrent

Xoom US 4g - stingray / MZ602
    Goo.im (US)
    mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
    Torrent

Xoom EU 3g - umts_everest / MZ601
    Goo.im (US)
    mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
    Torrent

Google applications
    Goo.im (US)
    mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
    Torrent

Imgur album

Sources
    All of our source code is available at http://git.teameos.org

Bugs
    Please report bugs at http://bugs.teameos.org
    Ok, so here's the deal with faceunlock.

Face unlock requires proprietary binaries in order to work.

Unfortunately the stock firmware doesn't include these binaries in either Jellybean OR ICS. This is likely because the /system partition is simply too small to include them, or for some other reason that is unknown to us. Previously these proprietary binaries were taken from another device.

Now, the biggest issue at the moment lies with our processor. The Nvidia Tegra2 simply lacks the NEON instruction set, where as most SOC's in use in our mobiles devices have this instruction set. In other words, we can't just use binaries from another device such as the Nexus 7 because those rely on the NEON instruction set, which we don't have.

So with all that in mind, the only way we can get functioning faceunlock is if another Tegra 2 device receives the Jellybean update AND includes the faceunlock functionality. Even then I can't guarantee anything and as far as I know, the Xoom is the only Tegra 2 to officially receive Jellybean.
    Got to the EOS splash screen where it is currently hung for at least 10 minutes
    Do me a favor- plug it into the charger, force-reboot it (Vol-PowerUP) and tell me if the white/green charge light ever goes off.

Most probably same issue than I am currently facing: providing an overclocked kernel by default is not a so good idea.
    The CPU is not overclocked by default with our kernels, and the 25% GPU overclocking won't be a factor in the early boot.

Changing kernel helps a lot.
    I put a lot of work into that kernel over the last few months between 2.0 and 3.0- let's make sure that's what the issue really is before we blame it.
    Here for all User they wanted a Battery Circle on the EOS 3 ROMs... i have make only for the Team EOS this Theme...

[THEME] 1% Battery-Circle and Softkey Theme for Xoom EOS 3 JB ROM

This is the ICS Blue Battery Circle:
    uebersicht_he_stone.PNG

This ist the Color Circle (the Quality is in the Theme better as this picture):
    uebersicht_htc-leo.PNG

with diffrent Softkeys... hope you`r like this mod!!

It makes the Team EOS ROM more smoother :D :cowboy: :good: ... I LOVE THIS ROM
    wub.gif
    dance.gif

You doesnt need to reinstall it after any nightly...
    I'm on the latest nightly (EOS-wingray-20120923-146). Do I need full wipe before flashing this one?
    No.