[ROM][JB][UNOFFICIAL] CM10 BETA1 based port for Legend [FIX Camcording] [DEC 5]

Search This thread

nodens76

Jun 17, 2010
Paris
Do you think that my reboot are due to wifi sleep ? I must admit that i change the wifi sleep after posting here. I will see that during the day.

Sent from my Legend using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Try it and you will see. Dont forget to backup.

obscurer

Dec 29, 2010
Everything pretty well and stable.
Running even on min/max/gov. 806/806/peperformance - no freeze/reboot
Even some HD video playing almost without lag :)

Not working:
-data usage
-calculator
-Google search

Reactions: zeubea

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:Missing file:
system/app/CMWallpapers.apk
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

This is what I get now. Is there a way to fix that? Because really, I don't need those wallpapers (nor the live wallpapers.) However, it just won't install it this way ):

CMWallpapers.apk is for picking up the wallpapers for unziping it by hand, rather for reinstalling because the aim is to save the 7MB size of this app ;).

Edit -- If you want install it anyway, just add it to cm10 zip and reinstall cm10 again.

Everything pretty well and stable.
Running even on min/max/gov. 806/806/peperformance - no freeze/reboot
Even some HD video playing almost without lag :)

Not working:
-data usage
-calculator
-Google search

data usage is not in this cm10 and calculator is FC., but Google Search and Google Now is working for me.

Last edited:

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
Okay, well. I did that now. But now I get the same problem as with CM9 Beta 5 and with CM10 alpha 1 or 2. It just hangs at the HTC logo. It just doesn't start. It's not a bootloop, where it keeps prompting (and buzzing) the phone all over again. It just hangs.

Edit: I don't know if it is clear that I managed to install CM10 now, but I succeeded.

Yes, is is clear for me you are trying install CM10 as I have told you in previous message to re-sign cm file ...

Sorry, but I don´'t idea why you can not install CM10.

Try this checks:

CWM version,
hboot version,
proper partions size /system /data /cache /boot
format /system /data /cache /boot
format sd-ext
format sdcard

Last edited:

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
I also don't know why. I am running CM9 Beta 4 again. So I assume it's in the ROM, why else would one work, and would one not. Then again. Some people now succesfully run CM10. So then it would mean that it's a phone problem...

CWM version: 5.0.2.0
HBOOT version: 0.43.0001
S-ON
I don't know where to find the system/data/cache/boot sizes. I know that I have an eternal memory of 290mb or so. I have a 32GB SD card in it. I don't have an SD partition and have recently formated the sd card when I was trying to install CM9 Beta 5.

You should have got unlocked the hboot or S-OFF, as it is said in CM9 OP.

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
So why can I run CM9 Beta 4? Well, I guess that's not the point. I will try if I can easily get S-OFF or have an unlocked hboot easily. Thanks for everything man :)

Note because 0.43 hoot, you can do unrevoked/Alpha-rev S-OFF and this process is reversible.

Otherwise, if you choose htcdev unlocking, it will upgrade hboot 0.43 to 1.01.0000 and then to 1.02.0000. Next, you can to do the downgrading process (or relock), but it only will be possible downgrade to 1.01.000 hboot (at least for me and this phorum, and in this device).

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
What I am usually doing is 'volume down' - power on.
Then I go into recovery, do 'volume up' and power on.
Then I use an update.zip from my sd card and boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery.
But now I just read that when you do that, you are S-Off temporarily?

So that would mean that cm10 should be working, and that would mean that this is not the problem, right?

Edit: perhaps, if you don't want to cloud your forum with this problem, we can message. It's your call.

Hi, Marijnrombouts, as it is said in CM9 OP and several times in this thread it is assumed hboot unlocked or S-OFF.

After BETA5, kernel is switched to cryptomilk kernel, resulting in a greater kernel image, and as a result, the new boot image is greater (2.7 MB instead of 2.0MB). Because of S-ON is enabled at boot time (S-OFF is only temporally enabled during fake flash) , it is posible this size is not supported by HBOOT 0.43. I suppose this is could be a reasonable explanation of why from BETA5 is not possible to install in HBOOT 0.43 legends and it is does fine in hboot unlocked (HBOOT 1.02.0000) of S-OFF.

So, I suppose if you want builds with this kernel you must will be hboot unlocked or S-OFF.

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Yes mr Z is right, I remember now something about all the system partition sizes were changed to accomidate froyo, I can't remember the exact changes at this point. The other issue could be that ics and jellybean are very large in size in comparison to say cm 7.2 and if you have too many bad blocks in the system partition it could be causing issues, our legend is getting really old now and these solid-state flash memory's don't last for ever, esspecially if your flashing ALL the time, my understanding is the storage for the rom wasn't designed to be flashed regularly but only to hold the version of rom HTC let us have.

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
Yes mr Z is right, I remember now something about all the system partition sizes were changed to accomidate froyo, I can't remember the exact changes at this point. The other issue could be that ics and jellybean are very large in size in comparison to say cm 7.2 and if you have too many bad blocks in the system partition it could be causing issues, our legend is getting really old now and these solid-state flash memory's don't last for ever, esspecially if your flashing ALL the time, my understanding is the storage for the rom wasn't designed to be flashed regularly but only to hold the version of rom HTC let us have.

Yes, ranger, indeed the size of recovery partition is increased respect to original size, and this could be a reason, but this fix is previous to BETA4, so it is not clear for me if this could be the real reason for errors in installation on HBOOT 0.43. It could be this size is not set up on 0.43 HBOOT and only when it is oversized during BETA5 installation, it results on bootloopings. ¿? So, HBOOT unlocker or S-OFF are supported for this builds, because they are assumed different partition size for some partitions.

https://github.com/zeubea/android_device_htc_legend/blob/ics/BoardConfig.mk
#$ adb shell cat /proc/mtd
#dev: size erasesize name
#mtd0: 000a0000 00020000 "misc"
#mtd1: 003e0000 00020000 "recovery"
#mtd2: 00300000 00020000 "boot"
#mtd3: 0f000000 00020000 "system"
#mtd4: 02800000 00020000 "cache"
#mtd5: 0b920000 00020000 "userdata"
#BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x003e0000
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000

BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00300000
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0f000000
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0b920000

Last edited:

kugel.

Jul 11, 2010
What's the difference between the normal gapps and the "small_armv6" gapps? I installed the normal one and it works like a charm.

I do have another question. I read that I have to disable the automatic wifi sleep. Can I still toggle it on and off manually or should I expect reboots from this (I remember 2.6.35-based kernels have this problem).

And one more question: How is trackball wakeup supposed to work? I executed the script, but I still cannot unlock the phone using the trackball. Instead, when I use the trackball a mouse appears and I can use it as mouse (which is totally not what I want).
EDIT: I investigated the case. After running the trackballwake script the curcial-oj.idc file is empty(!). The write was not successful, and trying to copy a correct version gives "cp: write error: No space left on device"

Last edited:

nodens76

Jun 17, 2010
Paris
I took the lite gapps and in result only the play store (and now and search) was installed. Better than the full if you don't need all Google services.

About the wifi, try to change the sleep configuration it solves the bootloop on my device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod10 (JellyBean) UNOFFICIAL based port for HTC Legend

device20121008163005.png
    device20121127011050.png
    device20121129023047.png
    screenshot2012120515125.png

DISCLAIMER: This is a rom intended for somehow devs and enthusiasts, in beta development stage and, although rather responsive and stable, it could be not suitable for daily use.
    FEATURES

Working: features working in CM9

Working partially: -

Not Working: -
    DOWNLOAD & INSTALL

MEDIAFIRE: cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-BETA1-legend.zip [UPDATED DEC 5]
    MD5SUM: 13380514679d73c966d00ed28ce47f8d

Donate Paypal
    All donations are welcomed; if you desire it, you can invite me to a beer

Thanks very much to everyone, your contrib does possible I spend more time on this project !!
    ISSUES

For native wifi wakeup 3rd part app is needed.

CM Wallpapers have been removed for saving /system space. You can download them here: CMWallpapers.apk. You can to unzip the wallpapers from here.

Install as usual in CM9. HBOOT >= 1.02.0000 is needed. You need will be hboot unlocked or S-OFF. Otherwise, you will have bootlooping..You must to use JellyBean gapps gapps-jb-20120726-small_armv6.zip.

For trackpad wakeup, an script has been include (thanks to winsuk from aria) in /system/bin/trackballwakeup. Just execute it in a shell and reboot.

Note "keep Wifi on during sleep" is set up 'Never' by default. Change it to 'Always', otherwise you will have reboots.

For Voice Search with Google Now, try this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1770100

Youtube HQ / Video HQ is working, thanks to Ganster41 libstagefright fix for Video decoding. However, embebed youtube videos in browser are not shown properly.

Camera is built as LegacyCamera so it has not got former more advanced options (burst mode, etc.). Panoramic works but it shows a blank area.

Native camcording works, check quality and fps are fine.

CHANGELOG

Code:
    BETA1  Dec 5  2012
    - Fixed native camcording.

ALPHA6  Nov 29  2012
    - Usage data meter.
    - Removed camera glitches.MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?hx5k0anutubz27y"]cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA6-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED NOV 29]
    MD5SUM: 0f221ad36a3466da73dc259f081ae5bf

ALPHA5  Nov 26  2012
    - Fixed HQ Youtube / HQ Video thanks to Ganster41,
    - CM10:
    * Added CMFileManager, 
    * Screen unlocking by hardware buttons.
    * Updates from upstream.MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ahp8ukzcd6tooo9"]cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA5-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED NOV 29]
    MD5SUM: f3372bc7dc824685eb8044df4aaf1388

ALPHA4  Nov 02 2012
    - removed CMWallpapers, VideoEditor App and some ringtones for saving space.
    - CM10:
    * fixed Calc App,
    * merged into Android 4.1.2: lots of improvements.MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?vydbylpihbodlbr"]cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA4-legend.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: b7bbe627cab8df1d56054d4a957b6f77

ALPHA3  Oct 08  2012
    - fix GSM and wifi, notify bar, contextual menu and most of stuff.
    - kernel rebuilt.
    - removed CMWallpapers for saving space.
    - CM10:
    * add the new CMUpdater instead of ROMManager.
    * Google Now. MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?j0c2doalu1be809"]cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA3-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED OCT 08]
    MD5SUM: ef318e5161ccee6bb719870f08d84db7

ALPHA2  Sep 26 2012
    - fix sdcard.  GSM and wifi unstables.
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?xywdibp12a2cb98"]cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA2-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED SEP 26]
    MD5SUM: 93c0bb57ba88b696308b3bd6ff4c4163

ALPHA1  Sep 18 2012
    - Initial Release: very unstable, not working: sdcard and more stuff. Wifi module provokes reboots.
     [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?m2tv0o0wnx2i4gm"]cm-10.0.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA1-legend.zip[/URL]
    MD5SUM: 3060aaa79837b7cb1e38db61b3e1954a
    THANKS TO

google, cyanogenmod, qualcomm, xda-developers forums
    All contributors to this thread in any way.
    Aria thread: munjeni , winsuk, s0be
    modpunk, droste
    rapmv78
    evervolv
    cofface and devil
    Ganster41
    And thanks to donators, too :)
    Great news, finally native camcoding is fixed :p, good time for a beta release ;).

BETA1 Dec 5 2012
    - Fixed native camcording.

Besides I has got a 4.2.1 bootable rom.:victory:

screenshot2012120506162.png
    ALPHA5 Nov 26 2012
    - Fixed HQ Youtube / HQ Video thanks to Ganster41,
    - CM10:
    * Added CMFileManager,
    * Screen un locking by hardware buttons.
    * updates from upstream.
    ALHPA3 Oct 08 2012
    - fix GSM and wifi, notify bar, contextual menu and most of stuff.
    - kernel rebuilt.
    - removed CMWallpapers for saving space.
    - CM10:
    * add the new CMUpdater instead of ROMManager.
    * Google Now.

Most of stuff has been fixed.:good:

Edit-- Note "keep Wifi on during sleep" is set up Never by default. Change it to Always.
    ALPHA6 Nov 29 2012
    - Usage data meter.
    - Removed camera glitches.