[ROM][JellyBean][4.2.2]BeanStalk for Atrix Build 1.179

Search This thread

nordic666

Mar 23, 2012
Doesn't matter
20 days using this ROM.. everything working great, and no bugs so far!

Note: When i change ANY tweak or ANY statusbar option, causes some apps to crash and annoying bugs on wallpaper.

Thanks for the effort!

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
I have both an atrix, and an infuse4g.

I develop for the infuse, and I have used beanstalk on both phones. Obviously it's more stable on the infuse, because that's what it was originally built for.

But more importantly, everyone should realize it's not going to be perfect on the atrix. Mainly because of the kernel.

I want to thank the developers of the atrix, it's a tough phone to develop for and I give you guys huge props. Thanks again devs

-Marc

1 more thing, these roms wouldn't exist without the great users on this forum so thumbs up for you guys as well!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Xerox98

Nov 23, 2012
Streaky Bay
Th3Bill, I have been using this ROM daily, but there a couple of requests I have, if you could add them they would be amazing, but if not I'll just live with it....

They are

1. Hide Statusbar Option (Extended Desktop)
2. When disabling capacitive buttons, they still vibrate, could you disable this...

The reasons these are useful is when using PIE, because it replaces the Status Bar.. but the bar itself is still there... and then capactive buttons still vibrating but not doing anything is really annoying.

Cheers.

Xerox98.

ekennes

Feb 16, 2011
Is there an option for volume rocker wake with this rom?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

WiKiDCLown

Jan 29, 2012
I've been using this rom since it started working and today my wife has stopped working as well I've tried full whip and reinstall with no luck

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda premium

ingelectronico

Sep 22, 2008
Hi, I've been following the thread for a long time and I still have two questions:
- Is Bluetooth working on this Rom?
- Can the Rom mount the internal storage and external sd card at the same time? (Of course in different paths)
Thanks I'm advance for the answers.

Voldemort

Apr 12, 2007
Solaro
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi, I've been following the thread for a long time and I still have two questions:
- Is Bluetooth working on this Rom?
- Can the Rom mount the internal storage and external sd card at the same time? (Of course in different paths)
Thanks I'm advance for the answers.
Your answers:
1. no, BT is not working until developers finish the new kernel and get proper drivers
2. it should, without problems

Reactions: ingelectronico

ekennes

Feb 16, 2011
I'm getting a ton of soft reboots with this anyone else experiencing that?

James62370

Feb 22, 2007
Very smooth... thanks so much for this. My Atrix feels faster than my stock Note 2. Any luck in trying to get Bluetooth working?

Scary Guy

I've gotta say, I've been using it for a bit and it's pretty awesome.

Obviously bluetooth is broken until the new kernel is out, so my LG Tones are gathering a bit of dust lol. No fingerprint/webtop either, not an issue. Not sure if this is linked as well but video out is portrait only.

Bonuses are the transparent statusbar which I haven't seen since ReloadedICS. I love the landscape two-pain option as well so when I rotate it, it feels more like it's in tablet mode. The smaller onscreen buttons are nice as well (and useful since I can't hit the physical ones if the lapdock lid is up).

I don't really get why there is an option on the main settings screen to change the dark grey options screen black, but I like that option and don't really care where it is, it just seems like it could have been put under "advanced."

Pie controls are great as well, however when playing games they get kind of annoying. It would be nice to have them hide when certain apps are running.

Voldemort

Apr 12, 2007
Solaro
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I've gotta say, I've been using it for a bit and it's pretty awesome.

Obviously bluetooth is broken until the new kernel is out, so my LG Tones are gathering a bit of dust lol. No fingerprint/webtop either, not an issue. Not sure if this is linked as well but video out is portrait only.

Bonuses are the transparent statusbar which I haven't seen since ReloadedICS. I love the landscape two-pain option as well so when I rotate it, it feels more like it's in tablet mode. The smaller onscreen buttons are nice as well (and useful since I can't hit the physical ones if the lapdock lid is up).

I don't really get why there is an option on the main settings screen to change the dark grey options screen black, but I like that option and don't really care where it is, it just seems like it could have been put under "advanced."

Pie controls are great as well, however when playing games they get kind of annoying. It would be nice to have them hide when certain apps are running.

Did you manage to use the internal memory without an sd-card?

DrNugu

May 25, 2011
I'm getting the error: "Symlink: Some Symlinks failed" when I try to install.

It happens right after extacting, when it's setting up a partition. I've followed all of your directions carefully. I tried redownloading the ROM a few times and have tried installing many times, but no luck.

I finally gave up and tried epinter's cyanogen mod 10.1 (jb 4.2.2) and had no problems.

juan0089

Jan 1, 2012
Alajuela
I'm getting the error: "Symlink: Some Symlinks failed" when I try to install.

It happens right after extacting, when it's setting up a partition. I've followed all of your directions carefully. I tried redownloading the ROM a few times and have tried installing many times, but no luck.

I finally gave up and tried epinter's cyanogen mod 10.1 (jb 4.2.2) and had no problems.

I have this error too:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk_0072.jpg

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by my good friend scott.hart.bti from the Samsung Infuse 4G. This is a build composed off of the CM10.1 builds that he has added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!

Feature List.... Its a long one and growing every day!
    • CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

All Builds Will Be Located HERE

Trouble Alerts/Workarounds:
    Status bar/Notification Drawer - There seems to be a bug with the 4.2.2 status bar/notification drawer freezing. It is happening on numerous phones at random and there is not a fix available yet. Workaround - Numerous ways to workaround this issue, but easiest in my opinion is to go to settings - system settings - PIE - Enable/Disable PIE. This restarts systemUI and unfreezes the status bar.

PIE - PIE seems to be functioning good for the most part, but there is one bug i have noticed. When you first bring the phone out of sleep and unlock it and try to use PIE without doing anything else, it does not show the PIE image until you change a screen. So basically you have to do something first and then it will work fine. Workaround - Settings - Lockscreen - custom lockscreen background - Select any options... it can be Color, transparent, or custom image. As soon as you select one of those options, PIE works perfectly.

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. Scott is working on this mostly himself and does not have a team that is helping him. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... He is doing this for fun and I am building it for this device for fun. It is our CHOICE to share the work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like it, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Instructions

• USE CWM by Th3Bill or TWRP
    • Place ROM onto storage on your device
    • If you have NOT flashed via Aroma before, use Aroma-Prep (DO NOT report a failed install if you have not done this, as I am letting you know NOW that it might bork if you don't)
    • Do NOT wipe first
    • Flash the ROM
    • Choose Wipe INSIDE the ROM flash (recommend FULL the first time)
    • Choose storage and tweaks
    • Select Install
    • When finished, UN-ckeck reboot box, then click finish. You may get a supposed "failed" error in CWM at this point. Ignore it.
    • Manually reboot phone.
    • Install Gapps(Optional...then follow next 3 steps)
    • Wipe Cache Partition
    • Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

CREDITS
    Scott.hart.bti his source can be found HERE[/B
    SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    Jokersax11for the initial work on the Atrix that became the base for the work I do now.
    BUGS
    *Bluetooth
    *Graphics Stutter
    *Some report storage issues (need confirmation)
    *you tell me

Change Log:

BeanStalk 1.179 - 4/4/2013 -
    * Fixes issue from previous build where navbar does not disable without restarting systemUI. Should be back on track now.
    * Browser issue from previous build has been fixed.
    * Cleaned up the expanded desktop code (still a little wonky at times, but progress nonetheless)
    * Few other misc. fixes/patches.
    * Latest CM sources merged
    * Status/notification freeze has finally been resolved.
    * Quick settings tile for reboot added (plan on adding a bunch of tiles in the near future)
    * Power widget for reboot option added
    * Added lock volume keys option
    * Added widgets viewpager (Really cool from slimrom. It can be found from nav ring targets, navbar targets, and hardware keys)
    * Option to set wifi ad-hoc configuration if applicable
    * Daydream on wireless charger
    * Swap volume buttons when the screen is rotated
    * Total overhaul of Hardware keys (mirrored slim rom with added abilities to enable/disable hardware keys)
    * Added vibration adjustments via performance settings
    * Sign quick replies option in MMS
    * Easy Selector to add multiple contacts in MMS
    * Hide Avator option in MMS
    * Smart control option in Gallery options - Ability to control video playback by waving your hand across the screen.
    * Numerous additions improvements across the build.
    * Breathing Phone notifications
    * Notification Opacity options
    * Gears battery option
    * Square battery option
    * Alt Circle battery option
    * Cleaned up status bar settings layout
    * New BeanStalk wallpapers - Thanks skyliner!
    * Extra audio alerts/ringtones/alarms
    * Dark Bean - Inverted toggle option directly from settings menu that will instantly transform the ROM theme to Black. All the credit goes to the slim rom devs on this one. They did an amazing job.
    * Option to go to call log after phone call optional
    * Option to set device phone number
    * Updated themed optional MMS and Contacts packages. Looking nice, try them if you want something different.
    * Set emoticons to blue by default

BeanStalk 1.160 - 3/11/2013 - MTD
    * Fixed signal text with dbm option. Was not displaying the dbm before... it is now! :)
    * Added about beanstalk to main settings screen. Link to beanstalk facebook (WIP), Link to my twitter, link to donate, link to my github to view my repos
    * Added option to set battery charging text color
    * Option to hide/display power widgets by long pressing quicksettings icon.
    * Option to automatically rotate keyboard
    * Fixed volume rocker wake not displaying. It is now where it should be.
    * Added signature option to MMS
    * Added camera and power options to lockscreen longpress button choices.
    * Added Xposed DPI apk and Xposed Installer apk to system/app/
    * Numerous other fixes and improvements as always.
    Consider locking this thread until dev is ready to release the ROM.

No need to lock the thread..... I had thought the Bill had a new upload up, but apparently i was wrong.

Either way, Either myself or Bill will have a new build out by the end of the day.

FYI... Im looking into the bluetooth problems you guys are having and feel that im really close to getting it... As of right now, still working on it. Keep in mind, i only really started to get into it as of last night.
    Ok! GooD NeWz! I managed to fix reboot on CM for the Photon last night. Since this build is largely built on CM, it should be pretty simple to fix it for this as well. Turns out that Thinking Bridge ROM had the answers in it. :D

I have to repo sync again and build, but I have to work until about 9 tonight, so it won't be finished until either late late tonight or sometime tomorrow. :D
    Whoa! Nice work expanding BeanStalk to other platforms then just the Infuse4g. I put alot of work into BeanStalk and hopefully you guys enjoy it.