[ROM] Jellytime Sosei 4.3

Search This thread

trojan9x

Feb 28, 2006
Pio, quick question NOT related to this rom.

Are you looking into omnirom as a possibility for our device? Just curious to know if you peeked at it much.

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Pio, quick question NOT related to this rom.

Are you looking into omnirom as a possibility for our device? Just curious to know if you peeked at it much.

No plans for it on the a100 no, if it works well on the DNA then I'll look at it, 4.3 is a major pita since non neon is no longer supported, and the tegra2 support was dropped.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Akakaze

Phatboyj420

Jun 4, 2010
Lebanon
For clarificaton
1.) witch of the 4.1 releases are the newest and or most stable and
2.) what kernel is being packaged with it

Very interested in flashing Jb 4.1 as I just got my Tab back from acer after the emcc brick

3.) finaly is there a kernel that incorporates brick provention other than the godmachine v.2 because i've still heard of brick while using it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who may reply

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
For clarificaton
1.) witch of the 4.1 releases are the newest and or most stable and
2.) what kernel is being packaged with it

Very interested in flashing Jb 4.1 as I just got my Tab back from acer after the emcc brick

3.) finaly is there a kernel that incorporates brick provention other than the godmachine v.2 because i've still heard of brick while using it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who may reply

Probably hardslog's ROM is "newest" of 4.1 ROMs. He includes whatever kernel he built which is I think based on GMs kernel. Any of mine include a stable basic OC kernel based on CM9.

None prevent bricks, period, I said this from the beginning and it still stands.

Reactions: Phatboyj420

Phatboyj420

Jun 4, 2010
Lebanon
Probably hardslog's ROM is "newest" of 4.1 ROMs. He includes whatever kernel he built which is I think based on GMs kernel. Any of mine include a stable basic OC kernel based on CM9.

None prevent bricks, period, I said this from the beginning and it still stands.
Thanks a Million for your reply
is this the rom you spoke of : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2116308
Hardslogs Maybe newest but is it the most Stable

did you ever get another a100 after your brick
and will you or is any body still looking into brick prevention,sbk/key,unbricking ,etc.

Basicly I trust your opinion and my needs are simple "the most stable JB Daily driver Based on 4.1.2 as I need the Mic"
Thanks again " Sorry for posting off topic in your thread "

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Thanks a Million for your reply
is this the rom you spoke of : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2116308
Hardslogs Maybe newest but is it the most Stable

did you ever get another a100 after your brick
and will you or is any body still looking into brick prevention,sbk/key,unbricking ,etc.

Basicly I trust your opinion and my needs are simple "the most stable JB Daily driver Based on 4.1.2 as I need the Mic"
Thanks again " Sorry for posting off topic in your thread "

Yes that's the one I meant, as far as stable, they all are, the mic works outside of specific apps, so I can't say it works or not for your needs unfortunately.

I do have another a100 which is where 4.2 and 4.3 came from, but no I won't be cracking the sbk on it. I asked the people who cracked the a500 sbk for insight and was ignored multiple times so I gave up. As for brick prevention, its in the emmc firmware so I'm not sure it can be prevented kernel side, o attempted to adapt the brick bug fix from Samsung but I'm not a kernel dev and it didn't pan out.

I personally roll sosei on my a100 when its not doing something dev related and it's just in normal usage, if not carbon, though I lost the good build so I haven't been back on it on some time. 4.3 works well enough for me as a daily on it but hitches in streaming makes it unsuitable for me, but my son is fine with it, and it doesn't hitch on local files, only streaming. 4.3 and 4.2 ROMs have no mic and probably never will, no one has figured that one out yet though I lean to kernel as the thrive has working mic and uses the same audio hardware as us.

I don't mind OT in my threads so don't worry about it.

Reactions: Phatboyj420

Phatboyj420

Jun 4, 2010
Lebanon

Yes that's the one I meant, as far as stable, they all are, the mic works outside of specific apps, so I can't say it works or not for your needs unfortunately.

I do have another a100 which is where 4.2 and 4.3 came from, but no I won't be cracking the sbk on it. I asked the people who cracked the a500 sbk for insight and was ignored multiple times so I gave up. As for brick prevention, its in the emmc firmware so I'm not sure it can be prevented kernel side, o attempted to adapt the brick bug fix from Samsung but I'm not a kernel dev and it didn't pan out.

I personally roll sosei on my a100 when its not doing something dev related and it's just in normal usage, if not carbon, though I lost the good build so I haven't been back on it on some time. 4.3 works well enough for me as a daily on it but hitches in streaming makes it unsuitable for me, but my son is fine with it, and it doesn't hitch on local files, only streaming. 4.3 and 4.2 ROMs have no mic and probably never will, no one has figured that one out yet though I lean to kernel as the thrive has working mic and uses the same audio hardware as us.

I don't mind OT in my threads so don't worry about it.
Last ? I promise "But I am a liar"
what TWRP recovery.img do you use
and can you give me any insight into installing via the goomanager.apk as when I choose instal open-recovery-script option it never finds a recovery for my device
I am rooted and unlocked and have the 2.2.2 installed but have never been able to install via goo
One more poke at the sbk thing could our a100 sbk look anything like this:
ProductCode={EA732769-0388-4DDA-BD6A-BB4BB8A7A4B6}
If so i found this in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer Inc\Acer A100 Driver Installation\Uninstall_Setup folder file named: ProductCode.dat This showed up after installing the a100 drivers then connecting my a100 to the PC.
Just a long shot I know, but hey i've got nothing but love for this tab and it erks me to think we will never have a viable unbrick method.

Thanks again for sharing Knowledge

Last edited:

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009

It actually includes a choice of 3 kernels. Pio's stable CM9 one, EZTerry's which was what godmachine was based on, and a slightly tweaked godmachine kernel with slightly higher oc.

Again, no way to fix the brick. If it happens it happens and Acer left us SOL.

Reactions: pio_masaki

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
It actually includes a choice of 3 kernels. Pio's stable CM9 one, EZTerry's which was what godmachine was based on, and a slightly tweaked godmachine kernel with slightly higher oc.

Again, no way to fix the brick. If it happens it happens and Acer left us SOL.

Here's how you fix it

Step 1
Get a microwave and power it on

Step 2
type your birth year

Step 3
Insert the acer iconic tablet

Step 4
Press start

Step 5
Press stop, quickly, remove tab and make popcorn

Step 6
While eating said popcorn reindeer tablet and watch the fireworks

Step 7
Enjoy you official acer plastic flavored honeycomb

In short, the A500 jerks dont care to share how they cracked the sbk and none of us like it enough to do it.

But if you want your tab to last flash as few toms as possible and wipe the cache as little as possible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
As good a place as any to post this.

Pio-masaki.com is being shut down due to a Cease and Desist order sent against the host by Google and homeland security. I have no idea why, however until this is sorted out, and to avoid any possible or further legal issues, the site is down for a period of time that can be a day or forever. This includes any and all ROMs, kernels, gapps packages, for any and all devices, that were hosted on pio-masaki.com.

I apologize in advance for this as I know some ROMs are only available at pio-masaki.com, but it is out of my hands, the host has to consider their own safety, and has my 100% agreement and backing in taking down the site until the matter is resolved.

As this is a very large matter, and one that has us incredibly scared, I'm retreating from android for the time being, until I know what it was that I did that was illegal, and may return once this is cleared up and blows over.

After this is cleared up the hosting for pio-masaki.com may still remain offline as the hoster has some personal issues with me at this point and may or may not continue to host for me, should we resolve our differences it may return.

If by some chance Google or whoever sent the C&D notices this, I urge you to contact me as I was responsible for what was hosted, and would genuinely like to know what the issues are so we can get them resolved immediately.

I will be making similar postings or editings to any other ROM threads that link to pio-masaki.com.

jared_schaefer

Jan 7, 2011
As good a place as any to post this.

Pio-masaki.com is being shut down due to a Cease and Desist order sent against the host by Google and homeland security. I have no idea why, however until this is sorted out, and to avoid any possible or further legal issues, the site is down for a period of time that can be a day or forever. This includes any and all ROMs, kernels, gapps packages, for any and all devices, that were hosted on pio-masaki.com.

I apologize in advance for this as I know some ROMs are only available at pio-masaki.com, but it is out of my hands, the host has to consider their own safety, and has my 100% agreement and backing in taking down the site until the matter is resolved.

As this is a very large matter, and one that has us incredibly scared, I'm retreating from android for the time being, until I know what it was that I did that was illegal, and may return once this is cleared up and blows over.

After this is cleared up the hosting for pio-masaki.com may still remain offline as the hoster has some personal issues with me at this point and may or may not continue to host for me, should we resolve our differences it may return.

If by some chance Google or whoever sent the C&D notices this, I urge you to contact me as I was responsible for what was hosted, and would genuinely like to know what the issues are so we can get them resolved immediately.

I will be making similar postings or editings to any other ROM threads that link to pio-masaki.com.

That is really weird, I'm hoping this is some kind of crazy mistake. You've worked to hard to be harassed like this please keep us updated and let us know how we can help.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
We did find out, turns out it was a mistake, they claimed a photo was theirs and it wasn't. It also had nothing to do with the pio-masaki.com domain and they forced it offline for absolutely no reason at all, it was on a seperate sub domain that was never affected. They also are offering no kind of compensation for their completely unwarranted bullying and legal recourses are being considered by the host.

Begin rant

They did this and just walked away like they didn't force a domain offline for no reason. Like they didn't hang a seizure notice on that domain talking about copyright infringement and stealing, tainting the domains reputation, my reputation, and the trust of any users visiting the site. As if they haven't forced it offline and lost traffic for going on 3 days, causing loss of potential hosting revenue. As if they didn't just go through all the files, move/rename files/directories. As if they didn't do this to the wrong domain entirely. As if they didn't scare the crap out of us. AS IF THEY DIDN'T DO THIS ALL OVER A PHOTO THEY COULD HAVE LOOKED AT AND AVOIDED THIS ENTIRE THING. Yup, a photo that wasn't theirs caused this whole thing. And they think they just walk away without any compensation at all? Does that seem even remotely fair?

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Last edited:
Reactions: chicinwang

aaronlkh

May 22, 2006
Smooth and stable!

Just want to say thanks for your efforts for making this butter smooth and stable ROM. I've tried it for over 2 months and the only issues are GPS and wifi which have been reported. I've just tried CYANOSAKI_FLEX_2.6 for a few days but really have to flash back to this ROM. Hopefully there will be a fix to the GPS and wifi issues one day.

Cheers,

Aaron

onuris

Mar 10, 2009
Hi pio, After getting my AC adapter broken, disasemble it and not able to fix it and purchase a new one (not easy for this good old tablet) I've restarted my tablet.
Now I've installed this ROM (got the gapps on my computer if you like, didnt found them on your pio_masaki.com) and decided to give the tablet to my son to get some angry birds and minion rush fun :D

Also to be able to call me through hangouts anytime he needs to.

The thing is while playing AB looks like sometimes the screen got struk, not sure if its a Rovio thing or the ROM.
When getting this bug all Rovio Games gets the same 'non working screen touch' thing, when I press home there's no issues, the home screen works flawlessly, but when going back to the game its still the same :S

Any suggestions?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Hi pio, After getting my AC adapter broken, disasemble it and not able to fix it and purchase a new one (not easy for this good old tablet) I've restarted my tablet.
Now I've installed this ROM (got the gapps on my computer if you like, didnt found them on your pio_masaki.com) and decided to give the tablet to my son to get some angry birds and minion rush fun :D

Also to be able to call me through hangouts anytime he needs to.

The thing is while playing AB looks like sometimes the screen got struk, not sure if its a Rovio thing or the ROM.
When getting this bug all Rovio Games gets the same 'non working screen touch' thing, when I press home there's no issues, the home screen works flawlessly, but when going back to the game its still the same :S

Any suggestions?

Games wise 4.1 is most stable, so I'd stick to 4.1 based builds for performance. Mic doesn't work on 4.2 or 4.3, so calling in hangouts will need 4.1 anyways also.

If all rovio games do it then it may be an issue with them, but 4.2 and 4.3 don't run that we'll so I'd blame the Rom first.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: onuris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After the rather...disappointing way I departed and the resulting issues, I'm setting some things straight here and now.

1. No ETAs. Period. I don't want to see when will I fix or add anything.

2. No complaining. There's a line between reporting an issue and complaining. This line is crossed when it's reported more then once.

3. Requesting additions is fine, within reason. Keep it within reason, I'm not a real dev.

4. Using this ROM...this is where a lot of issues have come up, generally speaking, you can use this ROM as a base if you choose, however ASK ME FIRST. That's it! Everything could have been avoided if people had simply asked me before using my ROM and slapping their names on it then putting it out there. Please include some credit to waydownsouth, gh123man, randomblame and myself. For 4.3 Jellytime, randomblame in particular.

5. Hosting/mirroring. Please don't host or mirror this elsewhere, I will supply hosts for this ROM, I don't need more, and I prefer to keep track of how many users of a given build I have. Hosting elsewhere interferes with this. The only exception I can see is for our Russian/Ukrainian user community, my hosts may be slow there, or in other parts of the world. If you wish to host for another country, please let me know.

6. READ. For the love of all that is holy and great, READ the OPs, read at least the page before where your post will be. I will not answer questions already answered. If I respond, it may not be the nicest way I could do so. Please, save me, yourself, and everyone else the time and /facepalming and at least attempt to find the answer on your own. This is not limited to only this ROM, but anything you may wish to post about in this thread. Questions about CWM or TWRP don't belong here, but if they are valid questions that have something to do with this ROM, go ahead, after reading up on it.

7. Remaining on topic....well this one is loose. I prefer it to stay related only to this ROM, however I know things stray, and generally I'm OK with this, just try to keep it at least related to android. Or at least something related to something to do with on this planet.

Features:
    Halo
    PIE
    Listview Animations (settings>display)
    System Settings (CM)

Screenies:
    Builds
    Jellybean 4.1
    Build 1 | Mirror
    Kuroikaze-Sosei RC1
    Kuroikaze-Sosei II B3 Final

Jellybean 4.3
    Jellytime 4.3 - AFH | Jellytime 4.3 - DH

Gapps 4.1
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Gapps 4.3
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Change log 4.1
    Build 1: Updated to 4.1.2 sources. Generally stock CM10. Everything works. I think.

RC1: Based on Black Bean AOSP sources now.

Sosei II B3 Final:

Seeder
    AC!D audio
    XLoud
    Supercharged
    Die Hard launcher
    init.d memory tweaks
    time killer killer mod
    maximum overdrive mod
    service preserver
    transition animations

Final release.

Change log 4.3
    Ported from Randomblame's Jellytime Build 7
    Build 1: Unreleased, initial trials to get it running. Bootloops.
    Build 2: Unreleased, boots, but runs badly, storage is broken, audio stutters
    Build 3: Almost everything works now, fixed storage via init/ramdisk entries

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
    Broken in 4.1
    RC1 -
    Auto Brightness
    Hardware Rotation Lock Switch (use software settings, it's more flexible anyways)
    GPS

Fixed -
    HDMI audio should now work (again)
    Switchable UI (tab or phab UIs now)

Bugs-
    In tab ui the clock is messing it's rear texture on the homescreen, ie its not black there, its wallpaper instead. Doesn't interfere with anything, just a glitch.

Huge thanks to justjackyl for testing this out for me and reporting back on issues.

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
    Broken in 4.3
    Mic
    ?

Untested:
    GPS
    HDMI
    Bluetooth
    Dock

Bugs:
    WiFi will not reconnect if it turns off, a reboot is needed. Turning off the always scanning option seems to help this.
    Forcing GPU acceleration can help even out the framerate in some cases.

4.1 Instructions:
    Root and unlock your device, if you haven't, visit the All things Iconia A100 link in my sig, and read up. Then read again. Then proceed with rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom recovery.

I'm not going to note each recovery's method of installation, hopefully by now you guys know what to do in your recovery of choice.

Download the ROM to external SD
    Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. Get one for JB, you can try a 4.2 package, but is as yet unsupported.
    Reboot into recovery using whatever method you like:
    -Power off then power on holding volume -
    -Power menu>reboot>recovery if your ROM supports this
    -App from the Play store reboot recovery
    Full nandroid backup
    FULL WIPE
    -Factory reset
    -Wipe System
    -Wipe Dalvik
    -Wipe Cache
    Flash ROM (install from zip)
    Flash appropriate GApps zip
    Reboot system
    Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation
    After the welcome setup wizard appears, let the tab sit for 10 minutes. Longer is fine.
    Reboot tablet
    Let sit 5 more minutes
    Complete the setup wizard
    Restore apps and whatever. Do not restore system apps and/or data
    Restore user app data if you wish, but it may cause issues. If problems come up, factory reset and try again without restoring data.

Feel free to flash any kernel you want, but don't post about problems here until you use the kernel it came with first.

4.3 Instructions:
    Root and unlock your device, if you haven't, visit the All things Iconia A100 link in my sig, and read up. Then read again. Then proceed with rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom recovery.

I'm not going to note each recovery's method of installation, hopefully by now you guys know what to do in your recovery of choice.

Download the ROM to external SD
    Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. 4.3 ONLY! Don't report anything if you use anything but the gapps I linked from my site.
    Reboot into recovery using whatever method you like:
    -Power off then power on holding volume -
    -Power menu>reboot>recovery if your ROM supports this
    -App from the Play store reboot recovery
    Full nandroid backup
    FULL WIPE Don't report ANYTHING if you did not flash 100% clean!
    -Factory reset
    -Wipe System
    -Wipe Dalvik
    -Wipe Cache
    Flash ROM (install from zip)
    Flash appropriate GApps zip
    Reboot system
    Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation. It may blank out for awhile on the first boot, just leave it be.
    After the welcome setup wizard appears, let the tab sit for 10 minutes. Longer is fine.
    Reboot tablet
    Let sit 5 more minutes
    Complete the setup wizard

I strongly recommend you download and install apps FRESH from the Play Store, and do NOT restore apps if possible. If you want, then go ahead...
    Restore apps and whatever. Do not restore system apps and/or data
    Restore user app data if you wish, but it may cause issues. If problems come up, factory reset and try again without restoring data.

Do not report any issues if you:
    Dirty flashed.
    Restored anything with any app.
    Don't use the supplied kernel.
    Modified the ROM in any way prior to the issue coming up.
    Did not read the entire post and noted what bugs are already known to exist.
    Did not use the 4.3 GApps on my site which I linked right below the ROM download.
    Can not report a bug issue without quoting Hawkeye because you skipped all of this.

waydownsouth
    randomblame
    gh123man
    godmachine / linux society
    justjackyl
    das_webos_transformer / xbooow
    Cyanogenmod
    AOKP
    Team Baked
    The Team behind the AC!D audio engine
    Plus more, I'm sure.
    RC1 is up

Ok guys go grab Kuroikaze-Sosei RC1

Notes:
    Based in Black Bean AOSP Source now, Jellytime was always an AOSP rom except for the last one, that was CM10 and was more of a holder until I worked this one out.

This is still of course built from source for our devices (I don't port stuff :victory:) and should offer enough options and customizations to keep you guys happy for awhile.

Highlights:

Uses Black Bean sources now, which itself has AOKP and CM10 and I'm sure other sources, its a little bit of everything.

CM9 kernel as usual for its proven reliability and stability. Works with GM's kernels as usual.

HDMI Audio should now be working

Switchable UIs

Fast as hell and slicker then...yeah. Should work with any JB Gapps.

Check the second post for more info on the changes.
    Not secretly, no, I had setup the laptop to work on cm10 a bit and just built a couple new cm10s for you guys. Updating black bean too so this one may also get updated soon.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    Updated OP.

Tapatalked from my Nexus 7 - Kuroikaze AOSP