[ROM] [JSS15J] aosp 4.3 - July-30

Search This thread

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
You do not have the adb drivers for your phone installed is why adb devices does not return anything. Get the Universal Naked Driver here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650

tried this before, but no luck. I'm pretty much given up on the gnex, I ordered a jig (I actually tried to cancel the order and hopefully it will cancel before they ship) so if it comes, I'll try it, if not I'm going to let it go. I already ordered a nexus 4 anyways.

DoesntPostAThing

Nov 18, 2012
Vancouver
Anyone using this ROM or any other stock JSS15J ROM, try this: open up Google Now, do a refresh. Scroll all the way down. Do you see a card about turning on location services? Tap the settings button, then check everything. Make sure Google apps have location access as well. Go back, refresh. The card is still there. There seems to be some sort of bug in JSS15J ROMs that prevent apps from using network location. Same thing for maps, if you open it, it usually gets a very rough location using cell tower triangulation before locking on to GPS. Now it just shows a blank map because it cannot get your rough location. Wait a bit, and when GPS locks on things return to normal. The only ROM to not have this problem is CM 10.2 (unofficial build by Carlos_Manuel). I also know it's not a gapps problem because the same gapps pack works fine on that CM 10.2 build without this issue. Also, no problem on JWR66V. Could it be because JSS15J was meant for the N7 (2013)? I've heard someone say this before, and that JSS15J causes some problems with non-new-N7 devices. The ROM is also noticeably more stuttery than JWR66V. Did a clean flash, same procedures as I would normally clean flash any ROM (including previously mentioned JWR66V ROM).

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
Anyone using this ROM or any other stock JSS15J ROM, try this: open up Google Now, do a refresh. Scroll all the way down. Do you see a card about turning on location services? Tap the settings button, then check everything. Make sure Google apps have location access as well. Go back, refresh. The card is still there. There seems to be some sort of bug in JSS15J ROMs that prevent apps from using network location. Same thing for maps, if you open it, it usually gets a very rough location using cell tower triangulation before locking on to GPS. Now it just shows a blank map because it cannot get your rough location. Wait a bit, and when GPS locks on things return to normal. The only ROM to not have this problem is CM 10.2 (unofficial build by Carlos_Manuel). I also know it's not a gapps problem because the same gapps pack works fine on that CM 10.2 build without this issue. Also, no problem on JWR66V. Could it be because JSS15J was meant for the N7 (2013)? I've heard someone say this before, and that JSS15J causes some problems with non-new-N7 devices. The ROM is also noticeably more stuttery than JWR66V. Did a clean flash, same procedures as I would normally clean flash any ROM (including previously mentioned JWR66V ROM).

This will answer some of your questions:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382880

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
tried this before, but no luck. I'm pretty much given up on the gnex, I ordered a jig (I actually tried to cancel the order and hopefully it will cancel before they ship) so if it comes, I'll try it, if not I'm going to let it go. I already ordered a nexus 4 anyways.

just a update although I"m not using my gnex anymore: I was able to fix my phone that was stuck in bootloop (I forgot to flash the SuperSU zip) and I couldn't get past the google logo screen. Also my volume down button was broken so I couldn't get into any modes (recovery, etc) so I ordered a USB jig from amazon, which successfully put my phone into odin mode, and then I was able to find a ODIN flash to stock file I found on these forums and I was able to successfully flash to 4.3 stock !:D so now I have a successfully working gnex PLUS my new nexus 4 :)

good day everyone!

Top Liked Posts