[ROM][Jul 05] -=- CloudyG3 2.5 -=- [All Variants]

Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Thanks @marcdw!. 2018 and still with this rom. For me it works better than MM. Any recommendation on the kernel?. Thanks!

I'd have to check. Cloudyfa had a standalone kernel. Gabriel was one of the better ones though.
Gotta refresh my memory and my archives and see if I remember which were the good ones.

Moto G5s Plus XT1806, PixelExperience Oreo, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Just a heads up. The dev has left this ROM ages ago so whatever bug report you post is hopefully something the users can help with.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, GZOSP_PixelExperience, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

fefe128

Oct 3, 2017
widget google search in RECENT APPS

I would like to remove the Google search widget in recent apps. After uninstalling the google app it says: Couldn't add widget.
how to put this message off ???
Thanks.

after unistall:
imgur.com/a/1CdqLFQ

before unistall:
imgur.com/a/kGNwti8

Last edited:

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014
I downloaded the zip file at the beginning of his thread and used twrp to flash it. Problem is it says it was unable to mount. I had tapped on verify zip certification. I’m guessing I shouldn’t have done this?Then it started to reboot but got hung up on the LG boot screen logo.
(I rooted perfectly well with xda instructions. Everything was going so smoothly.)
I pulled battery and restarted in recovery mode. Then went to recover nandroid image from sd card. But it says it can’t recover from the backup image on the sd card.
What shall I do now?
Please help.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@Mechif, could you give the exact error regarding the failure to restore backup. Could it not read the backup or something else. I do know that you have to change/mount system read/write first. Restores will fail if /system is read-only.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, /e/OS 0.7-n ROM, microG (NoGapps), XDA Legacy

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014
@Mechif, could you give the exact error regarding the failure to restore backup. Could it not read the backup or something else. I do know that you have to change/mount system read/write first. Restores will fail if /system is read-only.

Hi!
Thanks for responding on such an old thread.
I downloaded the cloudy file from the first page of this thread.
1. One error pops up in very small print is “secure booting error. Error code 1003” in top left corner of screen just before TWRP loads.
2. The second error: When I try to do a restore with the NANDroid image from my sd card the error says “Cannot restore System. - - mounted read only.” All in red print.
The sd card WAS NOT read only before I used it, now it’s read only since I tried to do the restore. The other sd card with Cloudy 2.5 is now read only as well where before it was fine. I’ve tried doing the flash and restore by installing the sd card in the phone and by OTG cable. The sd card with cloudy was used first to try and flash, then when that didn’t work I used the second sd card with the backup image to try and restore and the same thing happened to make them “read only”.
When I try to flash cloudy it gets to the point where twrp says “checking for digest file. Starting Aroma installer version...”. Please see attachment for picture of my screen.
I initially clicked on the option to certify the image with twrp before trying to flash cloudy and I’m hoping that didn’t mess things up.
I know there has to be a way to fix this. I just need some help. I was also wondering if I need to install a flash tool like LG Flash Tools on my pc or something of the like.
Thank you.( please see next post in thread as well)

Attachments

• 326A837A-7CDB-4077-87F8-FE70243DABB6.jpg
    326A837A-7CDB-4077-87F8-FE70243DABB6.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014
Also, once twrp reaches this point for the cloudy install then the screen goes black and the the LG logo boots up trying to start the system then it just hangs there forever. However, the LED notification lights blink blue and green alternately. (Think those are the colors...or blue and yellow).

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014

After reading about “read only” I came across the twrp mount option to deselect read only. I did this, then went to “restore” in twrp and selected the backup on my sd card using OTG. I swiped for restore and the system restored! I took a picture of the twrp screen and attached for you. The phone rebooted to original format rooted.
What shall I do next for the cloudy zip? Do the same thing? I’ll await your response.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 0DA0BFA5-0F5E-403A-BA47-D0930552D489.jpg
    0DA0BFA5-0F5E-403A-BA47-D0930552D489.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014

Also, when wiping prior to flashing Cloudy what should I wipe? When I originally did this I wiped system, cache, Dalvik, and data in advanced settings as that is what the thread on xda recommended but now I’m wondering if I should just do the regular wipe clearing cache, Dalvik, and data only as the factory reset wipe.

I am doing this only to get the motherboard Ls990zve sprint to work on gsm networks for data. My factory board was a D852 but it died from the WiFi chip not working and heating up. I’m trying to revive this phone to use until October when I buy a new phone.

Attachments

• EF0E325E-C828-4D55-9DA8-5A45A0CCF62D.jpg
    EF0E325E-C828-4D55-9DA8-5A45A0CCF62D.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 35
  • F71BE1AD-CC14-40E7-8156-BC261EB440FF.jpg
    F71BE1AD-CC14-40E7-8156-BC261EB440FF.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 35

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Just a quick reply before I go to work. Your initial wipe was good. System, dalvik, cache, and data is a clean wipe and recommended when installing a new ROM.

The secure boot error probably means you need to flash MR_bump. Usually needed on most G3 variants except D851. I have it linked here...
https://mega.nz/#!fEpABDCL!ai1_59OHgpLEUcEEGmGxS4pb1kdPj59necPIH1mPOWQ

When starting the Cloudy install and it immediately reboots it may indicate that your TWRP doesn't work with the AROMA interface. What version of TWRP do you have?

Essential PH-1, /e/OS 0.7-n ROM, microG (NoGapps), XDA Legacy

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014
Just a quick reply before I go to work. Your initial wipe was good. System, dalvik, cache, and data is a clean wipe and recommended when installing a new ROM.

The secure boot error probably means you need to flash MR_bump. Usually needed on most G3 variants except D851. I have it linked here...

When starting the Cloudy install and it immediately reboots it may indicate that your TWRP doesn't work with the AROMA interface. What version of TWRP do you have?

Thank you.
I have twrp 3.3.1-0
I think it is the newest one for my phone...top of the list.

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014

Do I flash mr bump from twrp? I’m wondering if I can just download it to the sd card from mega, then power down, reboot into twrp recovery and flash the image.
Or do I have to connect to pc and use ADB and SDK to flash bump image?
I’m wondering which is the best sequence. And does mr bump just unlock the boot loader allowing roms to be flashed easier?
The root was the hardest thing to figure out for this variant and I got past that on my own so I’m learning this stuff. I really appreciate your help for this part. I’m almost there to solving things.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@Mechif, now I'm into "not too sure" category. I'm sure TWRP 3.3.1 supports AROMA but I wonder if it's too new (if that's possible). Because I multiboot I'm using MultiROM-TWRP 3.2.1 so can't use 3.3.1.
Are you using official TWRP or HardStyl3r's. If not the latter, you can find it below. Has more features than official and you can ask there if it's okay with older ROMs.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3813552

[RECOVERY][3.3.1][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for LG G3

MR_bump is just a zip flashed in TWRP. Usually flashed after the ROM, or a kernel. Alas, I really don't remember the particulars about what bump does exactly. Since I have a D851 I've never had to use it.

Hopefully others can provide more info on the above topics.

Oops, one more thing. I'm not sure if you mentioned what G3 you have. We'll need to know that.

LG G3 D851, PAC-ROM 6, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Last edited:

Mechif

Oct 2, 2014
@Mechif, now I'm into "not too sure" category. I'm sure TWRP 3.3.1 supports AROMA but I wonder if it's too new (if that's possible). Because I multiboot I'm using MultiROM-TWRP 3.2.1 so can't use 3.3.1.
Are you using official TWRP or HardStyl3r's. If not the latter, you can find it below. Has more features than official and you can ask there if it's okay with older ROMs.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3813552

[RECOVERY][3.3.1][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for LG G3

MR_bump is just a zip flashed in TWRP. Usually flashed after the ROM, or a kernel. Alas, I really don't remember the particulars about what bump does exactly. Since I have a D851 I've never had to use it.

Hopefully others can provide more info on the above topics.

Oops, one more thing. I'm not sure if you mentioned what G3 you have. We'll need to know that.

LG G3 D851, PAC-ROM 6, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

I downgraded twrp from 3.3.1.0 to 2.8.0.0 using the twrp app. The 2.8 version includes bump from what I understand. I then booted to twrp recovery, wiped (system, data, Dalvik, and cache) and then flashed Cloudy. It actually worked! When I booted into the system the problem now is the SIM card isn’t connecting to the network (Koodo in Canada using gsm). I went into apn settings and set up Koodos numbers for the g3 and selected gsm, wcdma, lte auto. I search for a network to connect which in this case would be Telus LTE (Koodo uses Telus network as Koodo is owned by Telus). But the sim won’t connect.
Are there any gsm flashes that allow better connections or maybe an app to tweak the settings?
I’m almost there...

Reactions: marcdw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TTsBhuy.png

1qM4Duk.png

• Full UX 4.0 ported
    • Aroma installer
    • SuperSU
    • Busybox + runparts
    • init.d support
    • Debloated
    • AdAway host file
    • Latest GApps
    • G4 keyboard
    • Full weather animations
    • Calendar with Event Pocket
    • Multi-Users
    • Split view
    • Calling recorder
    • Patched LGSmartWorld
    • Advanced QRemote
    • Sharpening value changer
    • ViPER4Android

NdDTnZ0.png

• Improved weather animations
    • Fixed hiding feature in Gallery
    • Scale navigation bar to 38
    • Advanced QRemote
    • Minor bugs fixed

cqygoyV.png

uihSmgi.png

Please post ALL questions in the [Q&A/T] CloudyG3 2.5 -=- [All Variants]
    Found HERE
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/couldyrom-qa-rom-feature-request-thread-t2920503

If you have ROM issues please post the issue along with a LOG in this thread.
    Posts will be removed by moderators without warning if they do not belong or are not accompanied by a LOG

XDA:DevDB Information
    -=- CloudyG3 -=- [All Variants], ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    Cloudyfa
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-10-25
    Last Updated 2015-07-05
    F.A.Q.

All Variants but laking Cat6 and ISAI? Why?
    - Cat6 and ISAI made for different market, which use different hardware, they dont have same G3 specs like others so NO, they're not supported.

Can I upgrade to this ROM from other LP ROM?
    - Yes, but I recommend to flash your latest kdz/tot first, then root, install TWRP and flash the ROM.

Can I dirty flash the ROM?
    - You can dirty flash if u're using my previous version, but if anything wrong, a clean flash before reporting is a must.

LS990/VS985 fully working?
    - Its mainly made for GSM only. If you're using CDMA and wanna try, go for it but dont report any issue here. Btw, LS990 NFC removed till I can get my hands on the device.

I'm stuck at Setup Wizard screen, there's no buttons for back or next?
    - It's a minor issue caused by latest Google Service, happen when you cant connect to their server by wifi/data during the init setup. Just rotate the phone and you can skip that step. Sound weird, I know :)

Can I flash a custom kernel?
    - Sure, u can use any custom kernel that support LG stock Lollipop.

Can I use Xposed with this ROM?
    - Yes, when you flash the ROM, there's an option in Aroma: "Xposed support" (which will remove your QuickCover feature) then follow Xposed for Lollipop for the installation guide.

I dont have 4G/LTE option in network setting?
    - Delete LteConfigs folder in system\app (D855 only) then reboot.
    Addons

Special Thanks
    • @xdabbeb for his support
    • @PedexGaming for thread graphic
    • @CodefireTeam for bump
    • @Skin1980 for oversharpening fix
    • @ViPER520 for ViPER4Android

Donate
    Still need more time on it, but really close :)

tjczEZj.png
    Vkb50gE.png
    GRLAtfQ.png

AS7uoKu.png
    gnsl3hD.png
    vOgBXCx.png

vQnW98z.png
    sVTKngd.png
    gvqOZAI.png
    Well, it's been a while from my last release :)

My HDD was corrupted and I lost many important data, as well all my own tools/kitchen so it took time to get things back on track.
    When I have more free time I'd finish my update for this ROM which using some G4 ported apps (maybe 1 more week? not sure). For example:
    HsNIQd2.png
    0ftcsN8.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone