[ROM][Jul 05] -=- CloudyG3 2.5 -=- [All Variants]

Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I've wondered the same thing. Putting Viper on various ROMs, dealing with headaches here and there, then I asked myself, why. G3 has a little back speaker. I don't hook up the phone to any audio systems. I don't do videos or NetFlix stuff much. Mostly listen to music via headphones. Some third party music apps have their own EQs or DSP packs.
So lately I decided to stop messing with it. Not worth the aggravation. ?

LG G3 D851, LiquidSmooth v4.1 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

L

LastStandingDroid

Thanks, @marcdw. I tried SELinux Toggler and worked as expected. However, VIper and Poweramp seem to be struggling to work together, so much so that i decided not to continue.

With enforced mode, Viper seems to take over the audio, but no audible changes ocurr. If I try again, my phone will crash or slow down terribly. The driver states Status: ABNORMAL and Processing: NO. And then again, I wonder if these sort of EQ tools are really all that much.

So anyways, thank you for the help.
This is because u need to set it to compatible. Though if you use magisk setup it can work without touching the viper settings to normal or compatible and u can run both equalizers at the same time. Though this was only tested on cubot device which has permissive by default but it should work as well with other devices. In system mode it'll have issues.

I haven't tested this combo on many other devices so can't tell if it'll work. But with magisk version it seems to struggle less

But your best shot is to simply disable poweramp equalizer to get it to work.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Jaaguar86

Oct 23, 2012
Hi. When I want to COMe from Fulmics rom...how should I manage and install? Is there something different or just Wipe all and flash CloudyG3 !?

Dolitle

Jul 14, 2017
This Rom has def changed my good ol lg3d855 life and its like running a brand new G4 i mean everything just works even battery now last longer plus I think anyone having issues with sim data should select Global Apn in the final face right before flashing.Also worth mentioning were some issues with Netflix not showing at play store but found the apk on google instal it and now working.Second was my built in FM radio for some weird reason soon as i move my phone will stop and launch music app but I simply disabled the music service there torns of other music app and all is now perfect.I also noticed some keyboard lag but nowhere near the bad stock experience but did switch to gboard instead and lags now gone.Good job wit this awesome Rom guys ur da best!.

R

random571

...Also worth mentioning were some issues with Netflix not showing at play store but found the apk on google instal it and now working..

Just an FYI - Netflix will not show up in the play store on rooted/modified devices anymore, but as you found out the apk still works fine.
Netflix statement: "With our latest 5.0 release, we now fully rely on the Widevine DRM provided by Google; therefore, many devices that are not Google-certified or have been altered will no longer work with our latest app and those users will no longer see the Netflix app in the Play Store."
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...rootedunlocked-devices-app-still-working-now/

potatoknight8

Jan 14, 2017
This ROM is Flawless.But lately I have encountered a weird problem.The problem is the screen goes blank when making a call and does not wake up. I cannot therefore use the keypad or terminate a call.

andreskafe

Nov 13, 2012
Asunción
Hello!
My father have the LG G3 D858HK on KitKat 4.4.2 and i want update for him to MM 6.0 .
1. For daily driver is recomended the last stable version of this rom?
2. Can update directly trough recovery? Or i need flash a firmware first?
Sorry for this questions. I have not experience in LG.
Thanks in advance

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
This ROM is very old and unsupported. The only support comes from fellow users.
You might want to look at Fulmics or some other stock ROM that supports your variant.

EDIT: Never mind. I just saw your post in the Fulmics thread.

LG G3 D851, LiquidSmooth v4.1 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Last edited:
Reactions: andreskafe

3e3hyt

Apr 6, 2017
Great Rom

Is there any chance to make ported g5 or g6 rom for lg g3?

Thanks

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Thanks @marcdw!. 2018 and still with this rom. For me it works better than MM. Any recommendation on the kernel?. Thanks!

I'd have to check. Cloudyfa had a standalone kernel. Gabriel was one of the better ones though.
Gotta refresh my memory and my archives and see if I remember which were the good ones.

Moto G5s Plus XT1806, PixelExperience Oreo, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Just a heads up. The dev has left this ROM ages ago so whatever bug report you post is hopefully something the users can help with.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, GZOSP_PixelExperience, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TTsBhuy.png

1qM4Duk.png

• Full UX 4.0 ported
    • Aroma installer
    • SuperSU
    • Busybox + runparts
    • init.d support
    • Debloated
    • AdAway host file
    • Latest GApps
    • G4 keyboard
    • Full weather animations
    • Calendar with Event Pocket
    • Multi-Users
    • Split view
    • Calling recorder
    • Patched LGSmartWorld
    • Advanced QRemote
    • Sharpening value changer
    • ViPER4Android

NdDTnZ0.png

• Improved weather animations
    • Fixed hiding feature in Gallery
    • Scale navigation bar to 38
    • Advanced QRemote
    • Minor bugs fixed

cqygoyV.png

uihSmgi.png

Please post ALL questions in the [Q&A/T] CloudyG3 2.5 -=- [All Variants]
    Found HERE
    http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/help/couldyrom-qa-rom-feature-request-thread-t2920503

If you have ROM issues please post the issue along with a LOG in this thread.
    Posts will be removed by moderators without warning if they do not belong or are not accompanied by a LOG

XDA:DevDB Information
    -=- CloudyG3 -=- [All Variants], ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    Cloudyfa
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-10-25
    Last Updated 2015-07-05
    F.A.Q.

All Variants but laking Cat6 and ISAI? Why?
    - Cat6 and ISAI made for different market, which use different hardware, they dont have same G3 specs like others so NO, they're not supported.

Can I upgrade to this ROM from other LP ROM?
    - Yes, but I recommend to flash your latest kdz/tot first, then root, install TWRP and flash the ROM.

Can I dirty flash the ROM?
    - You can dirty flash if u're using my previous version, but if anything wrong, a clean flash before reporting is a must.

LS990/VS985 fully working?
    - Its mainly made for GSM only. If you're using CDMA and wanna try, go for it but dont report any issue here. Btw, LS990 NFC removed till I can get my hands on the device.

I'm stuck at Setup Wizard screen, there's no buttons for back or next?
    - It's a minor issue caused by latest Google Service, happen when you cant connect to their server by wifi/data during the init setup. Just rotate the phone and you can skip that step. Sound weird, I know :)

Can I flash a custom kernel?
    - Sure, u can use any custom kernel that support LG stock Lollipop.

Can I use Xposed with this ROM?
    - Yes, when you flash the ROM, there's an option in Aroma: "Xposed support" (which will remove your QuickCover feature) then follow Xposed for Lollipop for the installation guide.

I dont have 4G/LTE option in network setting?
    - Delete LteConfigs folder in system\app (D855 only) then reboot.
    Addons

Special Thanks
    • @xdabbeb for his support
    • @PedexGaming for thread graphic
    • @CodefireTeam for bump
    • @Skin1980 for oversharpening fix
    • @ViPER520 for ViPER4Android

Donate
    Still need more time on it, but really close :)

tjczEZj.png
    Vkb50gE.png
    GRLAtfQ.png

AS7uoKu.png
    gnsl3hD.png
    vOgBXCx.png

vQnW98z.png
    sVTKngd.png
    gvqOZAI.png
    Well, it's been a while from my last release :)

My HDD was corrupted and I lost many important data, as well all my own tools/kitchen so it took time to get things back on track.
    When I have more free time I'd finish my update for this ROM which using some G4 ported apps (maybe 1 more week? not sure). For example:
    HsNIQd2.png
    0ftcsN8.png