[ROM][KANG][2011.03.25]Unofficial CyanogenMod 6.3.7 (Froyo CM6+CM7 backports)

Search This thread

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
cyanogenmod.jpg

Here is the beginnings of a port of milaq+nadlabak's CM6 for Milestone A853 to the Milestone XT720. This port came primarily out of these two threads: 1, 2

The ROM here is based on combining say's CM6 port for Motoroi with an initial source build I've been working on with help from stlifey. It's based on milaq's 0.10 release with manual bugfixes. It is usable but has some quirks and rough edges.

The next step is to incorporate those manual fixes into my build tree, figure out how to fork the git repositories in my local repo, and upload a working build tree to github.

Recommended: CM 6.3.7 See post #1224
I need to update and rework this entire post, but I haven't had time yet.
  • initial backport of CM7 lockscreens (namelessjedi)
  • power menu screenshots work
  • stock Motorola Camera/Camcorder (brianlili, peshovec)
  • 720p video recording (brianlili)
  • improved xt720mod.sbf support
  • updated gapps package
  • odex and deodex versions provided (odex recommended for users)
The install procedure is similar to CM 6.3.0-RC3 but use the files from post #1224 and follow the additional instructions there to apply the 720p recording fix.
Themes for previous versions are incompatible and must be updated.
See molohov's theme thread for compatible themes: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24435398

Historical old/releases
Experimental Releases:
CM 6.3.7 Post #1224
CM 6.3.6.2 Post #1143
CM 6.3.6.1 Post #1104
CM 6.3.5.3 Post #1035
CM 6.3.0-RC3 Fixes camera/camcorder crashes that appeared in RC2

Because of the camera and camcorder problems with RC2, I've now rebuilt using Motorola's media libraries again. I think this restores camera. Camcorder also works now with a higher quality than before. We need to get to get a media_profiles.xml that works better for our phone. In RC3, I just took the one from milaq's A853.

Known issues in CM 6.3.0-RC3:
  • FM Radio doesn't work
  • Gallery button doesn't work
  • Camcorder doesn't work well
  • Screenshot in power menu always produces a black image
Changes since CM 6.1.2
  • Android Keyboard is fixed (Thanks peshovec)
  • Torch/power-widget uses autofocus led
  • Linear vibration for haptic feedback vibrations <150ms
  • Selecting 1% battery increments is harmless (but doesn't work)
  • Wi-Fi fixes (now works for the AP I was having trouble with)
  • Korean IME removed (can provide as update if needed)
  • USB menu has been updated with new translations and resource fixes (Usb.apk)
  • Reboot recovery from the power menu works.
  • Hold volume-down during boot to enter fastboot
  • Bug fixes to app2ext and link2sd support
  • app2ext is nolonger automatic (you must create /sd-ext/app directory).
  • Link2SD support (you must create /sd-ext/link2sd directory)
  • ext4 supported for /sd-ext.*
  • You can read more about the other changes between 0.10 and 6.3.0 on milaq's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1155454 and in the github. Some A853 features (esp. ones that use kernel modules) are not included yet.

*Note about ext4 support: the huge_file option is *not* supported but is default for mkfs.ext4. Nadlabak explained how to disable huge_file on existing ext4 filesystems. Alternately just create ext2/3 partitions and use OpenRecovery-XT720 SD Card Utilities to upgrade the ext2 partition to ext4. Warning: the other OpenRecovery/Androidiani's don't understand ext4 on XT720 (thanks fjfalcon for adding ext4 support to OR for XT720). Also be aware that not many XT720 ROMs understand ext4 yet--hellmongers XDAspecial RC2 *does*.

For more information about changes see See post #605 and the github source.

Recommended instructions:
  1. (Recommended) Install OpenRecovery-XT720 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242259
  2. Download update-cm-6.3.0-RC3-MilestoneXT720-signed.zip http://www.multiupload.com/G5U1YWCG1K
  3. Download gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
  4. Place all zips inside /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
  5. Boot to OpenRecovery-XT720
  6. Make a nandroid of system, data, cache (and SD data if you use it)
  7. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.3.0-signed.zip
  8. OR > Apply Update > gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
  9. (if you're having baseband problems) OR > Change Baseband
  10. Upgrades from 6.1.2 or 6.3.0-RC1 (hopefully):
    1. OR > Wipe dalvik-cache
    2. OR > Wipe Cache partition (because of OR bug)
    3. Reboot
  11. New installs
    1. OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    2. Reboot

Themes:
CM 6.1.2 Notable issues:
  • Do not select 1% battery increments (see post #7) (became a placebo button in 6.3.0-RC2)
  • The default keyboard has very, very small keys. You can select the Korean keyboard or download another. (fixed in 6.3.0-RC2, thanks peshovik!)
  • FM Radio does not exist and will not work.
  • Video recording not extensively tested -- but, hey, it doesn't crash the phone immediately anymore.
  • Gallery button does nothing
  • Haptic feedback is not pleasant when enabled (first attempt at using linear vibrator in 6.3.0-RC2)
  • RomManager is dangerous on XT720 (not included in 6.3.0-RC1,2)
  • Reboot recovery goes to motorola's recovery (fixed in 6.3.0-RC1)
CM 6.1.2 Instructions:
  1. Download update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-signed.zip from http://www.multiupload.com/G1IXXYBSAJ
  2. Download update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-hotfix6.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16249056&postcount=34
  3. Download gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
  5. Boot to openrecovery
  6. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-signed.zip
  7. OR > Apply Update > gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
  8. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-hotfix6.zip
  9. OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  10. Reboot

CM 6.1.2 Hotfixes:
brianlili, milaq, molohov, namelessjedi(nlj), peshovec, kabaldan(nadlabak), say, stlifey, sileshn, 3rdstring
j.y.daddy, dateno1, dexter, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, esu.matix, en0203, gommers1978, hellmonger, jiroprinz8, khalpowers, knoedelkopf, libertymonger, ltwvince, reverendkjr, sktjdgns1189, vistaus, woodrube
... if I missed someone it's an oversight and not intentional. pm me, i'll fix it

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
This just running great no reboots
Very stable sorry i looked every where cant find radio apk that will work.
I have not found any bugs yet.
I have been running this for threw hours great work.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA Premium App

Reactions: JiroPrinz8

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Very stable sorry i looked every where cant find radio apk that will work.
Thanks! Don't waste time on the radio yet, it won't work because to compile CM6, I had to use A853's libaudio.so which lacks radio support. After the source tree is fixed we can figure out how to use the XT720 libaudio.so ;)

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
:| An Mz ROM....

[pooded a little...]

Holly crap....

It's full of stars.....

Yeah, but when I call something alpha, it's merely hopefully working. When you call something an alpha it's something more like a release candidate. ;) I think this still has a way to go, but everyone in the other threads got pretty persistently insistent on starting releases. I'll dogfood it.

Last edited:
Reactions: eSu.Matix

easye420

Sep 28, 2010
ok just found out the hard way, do not select 1% battery increments, or it doesnt recognise it bein charged at all. :( just showed red battery with [X] and would turn off. when plugged in it said charging 0%. so stay away from that option. :/ atleast it stayed on while plugged in so i could undo it and now charging 60%.

Reactions: androidlover123

ktylife

Nov 29, 2010
Singapura
So the ROM is not "nandroid" but "update" based ?

Any suggestions as if I should go back to an original 2.1 SBF ?

Any feedback/review on raw performance and performance degraduation (memory leaks and such) over time ? Battery life ?

Thnaks for the effort !

Last edited:

easye420

Sep 28, 2010
So the ROM is not "nandroid" but "update" based ?

Any suggestions as if I should go back to an original 2.1 SBF ?

Any feedback/review on raw performance and performance degraduation (memory leaks and such) over time ?

Thnaks for the effort !

as long as you didnt flash a Korean sbf to start with your fine, just apply in OR. and the roms pretty quick, give it a shot. the customization is huge. im loving the full 360 degree rotation, ive been waiting a long time for that haha :D opens every app almost instantly, it boots fast, i got 1220 on quadrant at 1 ghz, but the only thing i miss is the built in task killer when holding home. that came in handy. im still testing performance, its lookin good tho. well worth a try, i know ive been waiting to taste some delicious cyanogenmod. and boy is it good. :D haha

Reactions: LibertyMonger

J.Y.Daddy

Jul 13, 2011
Seoul
jydaddy.co.cc
thanks your job and hint

Wow! MilestoneXT720 also port CM6.
CM7 solve problems for the future hope to be.:D
Congratulations! And thanks your job and hint.

Last edited:

J.Y.Daddy

Jul 13, 2011
Seoul
jydaddy.co.cc
bug report (scripts)

[1] Duplicate scripts:p

I found duplicate scripts in "init.rc".

"/system/etc/rootfs/init.rc"
line 299: exec /system/bin/sysinit
line 473: service sysinit /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

have to delete the line 473.

[2] can't execute module:p
"/system/etc/init.d/05governors"
"cpufreq_smartass.ko" module is not compatible.

thanks.

Last edited:

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
WAOOOW
It s faster and more stable than all the wanhu i have test !!!
For the moment everything is working great (expect the keyboard but it s not a big deal i ll install a new one)

Mioze7Ae for the haptic feedback i found a menu in settings / cyanogen mod / input settings which can let you set up the duration of the feedback.... You can make it as smooth as you want!!!

Someone test the apps to ext (or sd)???
It show me my ext 3 is totally empty (with file explorer).... Is there a way to make my apps work or i have to reinstall them all????

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
For me the only issue is the apps to ext that doesn t work...

Someone have an apk or un update for the dark tremor a2SD ???? It must be the solution

J.Y.Daddy

Jul 13, 2011
Seoul
jydaddy.co.cc
app2sd update pack are here.

This update pack is ext2,ext3 support.;)

http://www.multiupload.com/92QLMF9XDQ

1. SDCard partition (ext3 recommended)
2. Download CM6-XT720-APP2SD-Patch.zip
3. Place zip inside /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
4. Boot to openrecovery
5. OR > Apply Update > CM6-XT720-APP2SD-Patch.zip
6. Reboot

Enjoy!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: B_e_n

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod.jpg

Here is the beginnings of a port of milaq+nadlabak's CM6 for Milestone A853 to the Milestone XT720. This port came primarily out of these two threads: 1, 2

The ROM here is based on combining say's CM6 port for Motoroi with an initial source build I've been working on with help from stlifey. It's based on milaq's 0.10 release with manual bugfixes. It is usable but has some quirks and rough edges.

The next step is to incorporate those manual fixes into my build tree, figure out how to fork the git repositories in my local repo, and upload a working build tree to github.

Recommended: CM 6.3.7 See post #1224
    I need to update and rework this entire post, but I haven't had time yet.
    • initial backport of CM7 lockscreens (namelessjedi)
    • power menu screenshots work
    • stock Motorola Camera/Camcorder (brianlili, peshovec)
    • 720p video recording (brianlili)
    • improved xt720mod.sbf support
    • updated gapps package
    • odex and deodex versions provided (odex recommended for users)
    The install procedure is similar to CM 6.3.0-RC3 but use the files from post #1224 and follow the additional instructions there to apply the 720p recording fix.
    Themes for previous versions are incompatible and must be updated.
    See molohov's theme thread for compatible themes: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24435398

Historical old/releases
    Experimental Releases:
    CM 6.3.7 Post #1224
    CM 6.3.6.2 Post #1143
    CM 6.3.6.1 Post #1104
    CM 6.3.5.3 Post #1035
    CM 6.3.0-RC3 Fixes camera/camcorder crashes that appeared in RC2

Because of the camera and camcorder problems with RC2, I've now rebuilt using Motorola's media libraries again. I think this restores camera. Camcorder also works now with a higher quality than before. We need to get to get a media_profiles.xml that works better for our phone. In RC3, I just took the one from milaq's A853.

Known issues in CM 6.3.0-RC3:
    • FM Radio doesn't work
    • Camcorder doesn't work well
    • Screenshot in power menu always produces a black image
    Changes since CM 6.1.2
    • Android Keyboard is fixed (Thanks peshovec)
    • Torch/power-widget uses autofocus led
    • Linear vibration for haptic feedback vibrations <150ms
    • Korean IME removed (can provide as update if needed)
    • Hold volume-down during boot to enter fastboot
    • ext4 supported for /sd-ext.*
    • You can read more about the other changes between 0.10 and 6.3.0 on milaq's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1155454 and in the github. Some A853 features (esp. ones that use kernel modules) are not included yet.

*Note about ext4 support: the huge_file option is *not* supported but is default for mkfs.ext4. Nadlabak explained how to disable huge_file on existing ext4 filesystems. Alternately just create ext2/3 partitions and use OpenRecovery-XT720 SD Card Utilities to upgrade the ext2 partition to ext4. Warning: the other OpenRecovery/Androidiani's don't understand ext4 on XT720 (thanks fjfalcon for adding ext4 support to OR for XT720). Also be aware that not many XT720 ROMs understand ext4 yet--hellmongers XDAspecial RC2 *does*.

For more information about changes see See post #605 and the github source.

1. (Recommended) Install OpenRecovery-XT720 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242259
    2. Download update-cm-6.3.0-RC3-MilestoneXT720-signed.zip http://www.multiupload.com/G5U1YWCG1K
    3. Download gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
    5. Boot to OpenRecovery-XT720
    6. Make a nandroid of system, data, cache (and SD data if you use it)
    7. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.3.0-signed.zip
    8. OR > Apply Update > gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
    9. (if you're having baseband problems) OR > Change Baseband
    10. Upgrades from 6.1.2 or 6.3.0-RC1 (hopefully):
      3. Reboot
    11. New installs
      2. Reboot

Themes:
    CM 6.1.2 Notable issues:
    • Do not select 1% battery increments (see post #7) (became a placebo button in 6.3.0-RC2)
    • The default keyboard has very, very small keys. You can select the Korean keyboard or download another. (fixed in 6.3.0-RC2, thanks peshovik!)
    • FM Radio does not exist and will not work.
    • Video recording not extensively tested -- but, hey, it doesn't crash the phone immediately anymore.
    • Gallery button does nothing
    • Haptic feedback is not pleasant when enabled (first attempt at using linear vibrator in 6.3.0-RC2)
    • RomManager is dangerous on XT720 (not included in 6.3.0-RC1,2)
    • Reboot recovery goes to motorola's recovery (fixed in 6.3.0-RC1)
    CM 6.1.2 Instructions:
    1. Download update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-signed.zip from http://www.multiupload.com/G1IXXYBSAJ
    2. Download update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-hotfix6.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16249056&postcount=34
    3. Download gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
    5. Boot to openrecovery
    6. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-signed.zip
    7. OR > Apply Update > gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
    8. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.1.2-0.10-XT720-hotfix6.zip
    9. OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    10. Reboot

CM 6.1.2 Hotfixes:
    brianlili, milaq, molohov, namelessjedi(nlj), peshovec, kabaldan(nadlabak), say, stlifey, sileshn, 3rdstring
    j.y.daddy, dateno1, dexter, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, esu.matix, en0203, gommers1978, hellmonger, jiroprinz8, khalpowers, knoedelkopf, libertymonger, ltwvince, reverendkjr, sktjdgns1189, vistaus, woodrube
    ... if I missed someone it's an oversight and not intentional. pm me, i'll fix it
    6.3.0 RC2

Here is the second release candidate for CM 6.3.0. There are a lot of changes and cleanups from the 6.1.2 release and this one can be built entirely from the github code.

Known issues in CM 6.3.0-RC2:
    • Camera/Camcorder seems to be broken and crashes the phone again
    • Wrong Torch app was built (fixed in hotfix1, attached below)
    • FM Radio doesn't work
    New features included in CM 6.3.0-RC2:
    • Torch/power-widget uses autofocus led (hotfix1)
    • First attempt at using linear vibration for haptic feedback
    • Android Keyboard is fixed (Thanks peshovik)
    • OMX (multimedia) libraries are now compiled from source
    • Holding volume-down during boot will enter fastboot
    New features included in CM 6.3.0-RC1:
    • ext4 module used for ext partitions
    • ext4 supported for /sd-ext. Note: the huge_file option is *not* supported but seems to be commonly enabled by computers/desktops/laptops when formatting the sdcard. I recommend creating an ext2 or ext3 partition and using SD Card Utilities in OpenRecovery-XT720 to upgrade the ext2 partition to ext4. Warning: the other OpenRecovery/Androidiani's don't understand ext4 on XT720

1. Install OpenRecovery-XT720
    2. Download update-cm-6.3.0-RC2-MilestoneXT720-signed.zip
    3. Download gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
    4. Download update-cm-6.3.0-RC2-MilestoneXT720-hotfix1.zip (attached below)
    5. Place all zips inside /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
    6. Boot to OpenRecovery-XT720
    7. Make a nandroid of system, data, cache (and SD data if you use it)
    8. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.3.0-signed.zip
    9. OR > Apply Update > gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
    10. OR > Apply Update > update-cm-6.3.0-RC2-MilestoneXT720-hotfix1.zip
    11. (optional) OR > Change Baseband
    12. Upgrades from 6.1.2 or 6.3.0-RC1 (hopefully):
      3. Reboot
    13. New installs
      2. Reboot

Themes:
    I have not tested 6.3.0-RC2 for compatibility with themes. Reported to be working:

9/1/12: Links below have timed out. I reuploaded here: http://d-h.st/users/Mioze7Ae/?fld_id=1671#files

New build's coming soon (hopefully this weekend). The noticeable changes are: I've fixed the screenshot bug, MotoCamera replaces the AOSP Camera (thanks brianlili for explaining how) (but HD video recording produces garbage), and I've backported some things from CM7 via NameLess Froyo: lockscreens (Rotary Revamped, Lense, Ring) and long press on notification power widgets jumps to appropriate settings. The sensorfix.ko for xt720mod.sbf will also be included. Not working and won't make it this release (no ETA): media button, FM volume control outside FM app, 720p video recording.

The ROM now comes in two flavors: deodex or odex. I've been releasing odex builds lately because they are more economical about diskspace, but odex ROMs are a bit of a pain for developers to modify so I'm now providing both.

CM-KANG-6.3.7.0-MilestoneXT720-odex.zip (76mb) (Recommended for end users)
    md5sum: 607EC3483436E925FD57EA3CA09A603B

CM-KANG-6.3.7.0-MilestoneXT720-deodex.zip (75mb) (useful for some types of dev work)
    md5sum: 4FF51C0F46DF4B57B8D70D62FB923D76

New gapps package:
    gapps-froyo-hdpi-20120325.zip (25mb)
    md5sum: E3FDB4060FF7A160A99AD66F66ED74BC

HD video recording fixed (attached patch for both odex and deodex) -- another huge thanks to brianlili!
    patch-cm6370-01.zip

I'll make a more detailed post early this week. I was able to just apply the 6.3.7 update on top of my 6.3.6, wipe dalvik-cache and reboot without problem.
    New build: 6.3.5.3

Changes since 6.3.5.1:
    • Build is now ODEXed (reduces size of /cache/dalvik-cache) may or may not break themes -- needs testing
    • Fjfalcon's CM7 media button fix backported
    • Nadlabak's powervr.ini gains 2MB free RAM
    • Torch works again
    • New minimal gapps for CM6 -- includes newest Market 3.4.4
    • Added pacman (CyanogenMod app used to install other gapps from Market -- only shows up after factory reset)
    • Removed some bloat (QuickOffice/PersonalPortal) -- we don't include those in CM7 and it doesn't seem like anyone misses them.
    • Some cleanup in the source tree.
    • Fixes 6.3.5.2 phone connectivity problem

Downloads:

Instructions (fresh install):
    1. Place update-cm-6.3.5.3-MilestoneXT720-KANG-signed.zip and gapps-cm6-20111214-signed.zip in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
    2. Boot to OpenRecovery
    3. (recommended, optional) OR > nandroid > backup
    4. OR > Apply update > update-cm-6.3.5.3-MilestoneXT720-KANG-signed.zip
    5. OR > Apply update > gapps-cm6-20111214-signed.zip
    6. OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    7. Reboot

Upgrading from 6.3.5.1 and earlier:
    1. Place update-cm-6.3.5.3-MilestoneXT720-KANG-signed.zip and gapps-cm6-20111214-signed.zip in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
    2. Boot to OpenRecovery
    4. OR > Apply update > update-cm-6.3.5.3-MilestoneXT720-KANG-signed.zip
    5. OR > Apply update > gapps-cm6-20111214-signed.zip
    6. OR > Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    7. Reboot

New test build
    NOTABLE CHANGES:
    • Updated to latest AOSP froyo release (2.2.3)
      • build: Platform bumped to 2.2.3
      • dalvik: "Blacklist diginotar root and cross-signed certs"
      • libpng: "update to 1.2.46 to fix a few vulnerabilities"
      • Browser: "Prevent webview reuse"
      • Browser: "Prevent loading javascript: uris in existing tabs"
      • core: "Validate sender credentials on netlink msg receive"
      • netd/vold: "Enable the SO_PASSCRED socket option"
      • system/wlan/ti: "bind to loopback interface only"
      • Some other updates between 2.2.1 and 2.2.3 had already been merged in CM6
    • Fix control of LCD backlight and hardware button backlight
    • FM radio loudness should be improved
    • Toggle 2G/3G re-added
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Hardware button backlights seem to not behave correctly -- workaround: disable button backlight see post #1106 below
    • Selecting 1% battery will break your mother's heart. You wouldn't want to break her heart, would you? 1% battery option deleted
    • HD (720p) video recording not available -- workaround: pretend D1 is HD because D1=720×480 and 720 implies HD :p
    • 8MP wide not available -- workaround: crop the image by hand
    • Phone orientation not stored correctly in photos/videos -- workaround: neck brace, move to ISS, reject society's imposed notions of "correct" orientation
    • Orientation incorrect on modxt720 sbf -- workaround: disable auto-rotation Use sensor fix for modxt720 sbf here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21220676&postcount=48
    • Screenshot doesn't work
    DOWNLOADS:

Instructions (fresh install):
    1. Place update-cm-6.3.6.2-MilestoneXT720-KANG-signed.zip and gapps-hdpi-20111001-signed.zip in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
    2. Boot to OpenRecovery
    4. OR > Apply update > update-cm-6.3.6.1-MilestoneXT720-KANG-signed.zip
    5. OR > Apply update > gapps-hdpi-20111001-signed.zip
    6. OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    7. Reboot

Upgrading from 6.3.5.3 and earlier:
    Untested. Possibly issues because of the gapps swap.