[ROM] [KANG] CM10 with Tablet UI

Search This thread

SUer

Oct 12, 2012
Without CM10.1 stable for our devices, it would be pretty pointless the Dev working on anything for the time being. Come on chaps, the clue is in the title, it's a CM10 Kang and he has nothing to Kang at the moment.

I'm sure he'll look at it again when CM10.1 is stable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: donb1

MattG987

Oct 3, 2011
Without CM10.1 stable for our devices, it would be pretty pointless the Dev working on anything for the time being. Come on chaps, the clue is in the title, it's a CM10 Kang and he has nothing to Kang at the moment.

I'm sure he'll look at it again when CM10.1 is stable.

Yep. And in the meantime, I'm perfectly content using the final (November 22?) build of this ROM. Totally stable, great performance, and great feature set :)

Reactions: SUer

kaizvn

Feb 2, 2011
I think the day is December 21st, CM10.1 will be merged.
I can imagine that day " Wow CM merge with 4.2!! " BOOOOM!
the world end :D.

phoenixs4r

Aug 28, 2010
Just install Paranoid Android, it has Tablet UI, Phablet, DPI settings and is running most of CM10.1 (4.2.1). It's very smooth indeed and hugely smoother than stock already. Look in the Nexus 7 Original Development Thread. It's very stable and great daily driver.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1800268

Last time I loaded it tablet mode did not work. Is it up and running now? Multi user on the nexus 7 would be nice as its the only device shared between my family

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Juzman

May 4, 2011
Townsville
justynsmith.info
Just install Paranoid Android, it has Tablet UI, Phablet, DPI settings and is running most of CM10.1 (4.2.1). It's very smooth indeed and hugely smoother than stock already. Look in the Nexus 7 Original Development Thread. It's very stable and great daily driver.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1800268

I will just stick with the last build of this. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dotnetnightmare

Jun 28, 2008
Tablet UI

Paranoid has issues with tablet mode and it killing live wallpapers and certain apps. I tried it first then found this rom that works. If it's not broke don't fix it!

Feb 21, 2012
Re: [ROM][KANG] CM10 with Tablet UI

The lastest build is perfect. Running with trinity kernel is smooth. I really love this rom
Thanks so much

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

AmazerG

Dec 23, 2011
This ROM is built from pure CM10 source, with just the tablet UI modifications detailed above. However if you want to patch an existing installation of CM10, you can use the patches from here:

http://goo.im/devs/zigackly/patches/grouper/tablet_ui

The latest patch should always work with the latest nightly build. Let me know if it does not, and I will release another patch.

Source code can be found here, in the tablet-build branches, unless there is a tablet-patch branch, in which case I use that for the patches:
https://github.com/zigackly

How to patch it to latest nightlies rom??
I flashed the file, but stuck in booting image for 15minutes..
did I do wrong??
And I did full wipe then flash this rom, an error always popup showed that" AOSP android keyboard doesn't working" or something like that..

Feb 21, 2012
How to patch it to latest nightlies rom??
I flashed the file, but stuck in booting image for 15minutes..
did I do wrong??
And I did full wipe then flash this rom, an error always popup showed that" AOSP android keyboard doesn't working" or something like that..

You should wipe cache/factory reset then i will boot

Sent from my LT28h using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The philosophy of this ROM is to keep it as close as possible to pure CM10 whilst providing a tablet interface, because the Nexus 7 is a tablet, not a phone.

The ROM features the following:

Built daily from CyanogenMod 10 source.
    Tablet UI independent of DPI.
    Tablet UI can be toggled.
    Custom DPI settings.
    Settings menu reflects Tablet or Phablet modes.
    Modified Trebuchet launcher for Tablet UI layout on the Nexus 7.
    Expand desktop power menu option (now exported to CM10).
    Clear all recent apps button.
    Extra spaces in launcher dock for Phablet UI.
    Goomanager hooks for notifications and incremental updates.

I will consider feature suggestions, but will only implement those which I feel enhance the tablet experience.

Download the ROM from here: http://goo.im/devs/zigackly/roms/grouper/tablet_ui

To install, wipe the caches if coming from CM10, do a factory reset if coming from another ROM, flash with the latest JB gapps from goo.im, and enjoy.

Credits:
    CyanogenMod community for the code base and some cherry-picks.
    Barmullio for the initial Tablet UI mod and the idea for how to mod Trebuchet.
    D4rKn3sSyS and Paranoid Android for the ideas behind expand desktop and clear all recents mods.
    sgt7 - for the content observer code I used in enabling tablet-ui toggling without a reboot.
    JellyBeer ROM for Custom DPI changes and some settings utils.
    This ROM is built from pure CM10 source, with just the tablet UI modifications detailed above. However if you want to patch an existing installation of CM10, you can use the patches from here:

http://goo.im/devs/zigackly/patches/grouper/tablet_ui

The latest patch should always work with the latest nightly build. Let me know if it does not, and I will release another patch.

Source code can be found here, in the tablet-build branches, unless there is a tablet-patch branch, in which case I use that for the patches:
    https://github.com/zigackly
    Build 20121028 finally features a live toggle for Tablet/Phablet UI so you can switch back and forth between the two without rebooting. My apologies that this took a week longer than I expected!

The toggle is still in the Settings->System->Status bar menu for now, and you should expect to wait up to ten seconds for it to toggle. Additionally, the first time you try it you may be asked for root permissions. Make sure you grant them.

I have also made an under the hood improvement which will correct many minor settings which should have been present for tablet mode but were not, or vice versa. These toggle with Tablet UI mode. This also future proofs the settings menu against new settings which could be added which should be present for tablet or phablet mode.

Next up, I will be working on trying to provide separate toggles for SystemUI and the applications, to give you two new hybrid modes.

Hope you enjoy the ROM as much as I enjoy making it work.
    Some good news. I submitted the "clear all recent apps button" change that I use in this ROM to Cyanogenmod, and it has now been merged into CM10.
    Today's release download keeps timing out for me, though another goo.im download ran at over 1mbit/s...

I'm afraid I don't have any control over goo.im download speeds but I can see that 80 people have successfully downloaded it already today. I'm reluctant to provide mirrors because I like to see how many people use my work, and I don't ask for donations, so that and the thanks button on here are my only currency for sharing.

Could you perhaps try again a bit later?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone