[ROM] [KANG] CM10 with Tablet UI

Search This thread

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
well ran the auto patcher tool i use and it worked and ran through it without errors but the patch did not give me full tab ui it changed the dpi to 160 and gave me dual pane settings and that was about it, i guess we will just have to wait till CM10.1 or AutoPatcher makes updates for cm10.1 tabui or if someone smarter than me can find out the issue

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Re: [ROM][KANG] CM10 with Tablet UI

well ran the auto patcher tool i use and it worked and ran through it without errors but the patch did not give me full tab ui it changed the dpi to 160 and gave me dual pane settings and that was about it, i guess we will just have to wait till CM10.1 or AutoPatcher makes updates for cm10.1 tabui or if someone smarter than me can find out the issue

I think the issue is that aosp removed tablet ui from the source with android 4.2. The pervious tablet that was supported in aosp that used tablet ui natively is pasted is 2 year aosp support (forgot the name of the device). So the device has been dropped and I'm pretty sure aosp dropped all the code related to it. Whatever patch your running is probably outdated for 4.2. I could be wrong so don't quote me on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Auxlv got tab ui on cm10.1 so will start building today!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Did he publish the source for it or is it a hacky implementation of it? I know Zig use to publish the source for his stuff on github but I could never get his patches to apply and build on 4.2.x source. I'd like to see if this is possible to add for stock AOSP

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

No one ever said you were! I guess no one likes open source anymore, thanks! You could still publish the source and not be the creator!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

build is done, look at my thread

Very nice. I'll search around for your thread later when I get home. One quick question. Is the tabletui configurable, meaning there's a option in settings to enable/disable it? Or is it just hard coded in? If it's hard coded I'd like to try to make it configurable, thanks.

Last edited:

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room

Well I could make it switchable in the settings menu but it defeats the whole purpose of tab ui but I might try and add it in, well you would have to teach me a little..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

I'd have to teach my self lol. I mean it could be a good challenging learning experience. I'll take a look at some other configurable features and see if it can be applied to tabletui with the patch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The philosophy of this ROM is to keep it as close as possible to pure CM10 whilst providing a tablet interface, because the Nexus 7 is a tablet, not a phone.

The ROM features the following:

Built daily from CyanogenMod 10 source.
    Tablet UI independent of DPI.
    Tablet UI can be toggled.
    Custom DPI settings.
    Settings menu reflects Tablet or Phablet modes.
    Modified Trebuchet launcher for Tablet UI layout on the Nexus 7.
    Expand desktop power menu option (now exported to CM10).
    Clear all recent apps button.
    Extra spaces in launcher dock for Phablet UI.
    Goomanager hooks for notifications and incremental updates.

I will consider feature suggestions, but will only implement those which I feel enhance the tablet experience.

Download the ROM from here: http://goo.im/devs/zigackly/roms/grouper/tablet_ui

To install, wipe the caches if coming from CM10, do a factory reset if coming from another ROM, flash with the latest JB gapps from goo.im, and enjoy.

Credits:
    CyanogenMod community for the code base and some cherry-picks.
    Barmullio for the initial Tablet UI mod and the idea for how to mod Trebuchet.
    D4rKn3sSyS and Paranoid Android for the ideas behind expand desktop and clear all recents mods.
    sgt7 - for the content observer code I used in enabling tablet-ui toggling without a reboot.
    JellyBeer ROM for Custom DPI changes and some settings utils.
    This ROM is built from pure CM10 source, with just the tablet UI modifications detailed above. However if you want to patch an existing installation of CM10, you can use the patches from here:

http://goo.im/devs/zigackly/patches/grouper/tablet_ui

The latest patch should always work with the latest nightly build. Let me know if it does not, and I will release another patch.

Source code can be found here, in the tablet-build branches, unless there is a tablet-patch branch, in which case I use that for the patches:
    https://github.com/zigackly
    Build 20121028 finally features a live toggle for Tablet/Phablet UI so you can switch back and forth between the two without rebooting. My apologies that this took a week longer than I expected!

The toggle is still in the Settings->System->Status bar menu for now, and you should expect to wait up to ten seconds for it to toggle. Additionally, the first time you try it you may be asked for root permissions. Make sure you grant them.

I have also made an under the hood improvement which will correct many minor settings which should have been present for tablet mode but were not, or vice versa. These toggle with Tablet UI mode. This also future proofs the settings menu against new settings which could be added which should be present for tablet or phablet mode.

Next up, I will be working on trying to provide separate toggles for SystemUI and the applications, to give you two new hybrid modes.

Hope you enjoy the ROM as much as I enjoy making it work.
    Some good news. I submitted the "clear all recent apps button" change that I use in this ROM to Cyanogenmod, and it has now been merged into CM10.
    Today's release download keeps timing out for me, though another goo.im download ran at over 1mbit/s...

I'm afraid I don't have any control over goo.im download speeds but I can see that 80 people have successfully downloaded it already today. I'm reluctant to provide mirrors because I like to see how many people use my work, and I don't ask for donations, so that and the thanks button on here are my only currency for sharing.

Could you perhaps try again a bit later?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone