[ROM]KaosFroyo V39 [12/19] [FROYO]

Search This thread

benbaker

Oct 26, 2007
attempting to connect Eris to Ad-hoc network

i dont know if it can, the only thing i have ever changed to except ad-hoc is tablets. if you mean you cant get your tablet to connect to your eris, then the problem is in the tablet not your phone

I'm trying to connect my Eris to an Ad-hoc network. The network is visible and a I can select it, but it never connects. I know the Eris works with Ad-hoc networks using Gingerbread Rom, but I didn't want to take that step yet.

killakrishook3r

Sep 30, 2010
I'm trying to connect my Eris to an Ad-hoc network. The network is visible and a I can select it, but it never connects. I know the Eris works with Ad-hoc networks using Gingerbread Rom, but I didn't want to take that step yet.

i would suggest doing it anyways, its like staying on windows xp. i suggest gsb 3.8. i have no clue why it wouldnt connect to an adhoc on this rom. thats would be something to p.m. a dev about

dannyboy988

May 7, 2010
I'm thinking this will be the last rom that I flash on my Eris. I left this one to try many of the newer gingerbread roms but nothing runs more smoothly with fewer issues than this one.

killakrishook3r

Sep 30, 2010
I'm thinking this will be the last rom that I flash on my Eris. I left this one to try many of the newer gingerbread roms but nothing runs more smoothly with fewer issues than this one.

really? i find that over the time of a week that gingerbread stays faster than froyo, plus the interface in nicer and new market and stuff that id rather keep. there are slightly more issues in GB but thats to be expected with that new of a rom, also there have been 40 versions of froyo compared to the 10 or 20 of GB

nvillian

Dec 1, 2010

I used this rom from start till finish and was sad to see it end but I moved on to the following, which has also ended.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944430

Having been an extensive user of both, I can assure you that this GB rom has been running a lot faster than the froyo. Either way, stick with what you like and are used to. Neither are going to be supported any longer.

killakrishook3r

Sep 30, 2010
I used this rom from start till finish and was sad to see it end but I moved on to the following, which has also ended.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944430

Having been an extensive user of both, I can assure you that this GB rom has been running a lot faster than the froyo. Either way, stick with what you like and are used to. Neither are going to be supported any longer.

did workshed say it was finished, i think he will update it when new gb updates come out or if there are new cyanogen versions

sk842018

May 29, 2010
indiana
Yes shed said it was finished and had mod close thread, its now closed and locked to where can't reply anymore. GSB has ended over certain issues shed and "not sure"

killakrishook3r

Sep 30, 2010
Yeah, some jerk went and have him one.

Sent from my Gin-Sen-Tazz using XDA Premium App

yeah if only we could all be so lucky, hopefully i pick whatever he does for my next phone as he was always the fastest to get roms out and updated. seems like he stopped deving for the fascinate around January
on a side note, is the "devices by os or manufacturer" button near the top not working for anybody else.

Last edited:

ivorycruncher

May 19, 2010
That jerk was me, and just fyi, he hasn't done anything for the Fascinate for quite a while either. He has been dealing with some heavy real life issues as of late.

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
That jerk was me, and just fyi, he hasn't done anything for the Fascinate for quite a while either. He has been dealing with some heavy real life issues as of late.

That's too bad, hopefully things turn around for him, he does some good work.

And I was wondering if you were still keeping an eye on this thread :p I actually thought to myself "I wonder if that guy is going to see this."

ivorycruncher

May 19, 2010
Hey, once an Eris owner, always an Eris owner. I know for a fact that he wasn't quite done with Eris dev either, just that life got in the way of all dev work. However, aside from working on a CM7 Eris rom, I don't know that there's much more that could possibly be done on this phone. Its hardware is obsolete, simple fact, and there's only so much you can get out of it. Also, anyone who bought it the day it came out is now eligible for subsidized upgrade, so it really doesn't make much sense to keep using such an underpowered device anymore. Even the low-budget models available today easily outclass the Eris. It had a great run, but its time has come. The only thing I truly miss about that phone is the trackball.

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
Well said, my Eris has been a great start into the world of Android and I can't wait til I can afford to move up. The dev community is still quite strong considering how outdated this phone is and I have no hard feelings for any dev who wants to move on, or just doesn't have the time anymore.

killakrishook3r

Sep 30, 2010
Hey, once an Eris owner, always an Eris owner. I know for a fact that he wasn't quite done with Eris dev either, just that life got in the way of all dev work. However, aside from working on a CM7 Eris rom, I don't know that there's much more that could possibly be done on this phone. Its hardware is obsolete, simple fact, and there's only so much you can get out of it. Also, anyone who bought it the day it came out is now eligible for subsidized upgrade, so it really doesn't make much sense to keep using such an underpowered device anymore. Even the low-budget models available today easily outclass the Eris. It had a great run, but its time has come. The only thing I truly miss about that phone is the trackball.

yeah unless your dad uses your upgrade on your moms phone because she cant remember to take it out of her pocket before going swimming. oh well ill have my own plan soon and getting best phone out there, much love for the devs and my little eris, like the little engine that could

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will there ever be a V39 or will PK concentrate on the Gingerbread Rom??

I've said it several times already, this rom isn't dead. You'll see v39.
    I have an update.zip you can flash to fix the v39 gps problem. Its attached to this message. It contains and installs libhardware_legacy.so from the v38 ROM.

Apologies to those who tried to download from the link earlier. The problem was that the file permissions where wrong after I moved it from the phone to my desktop. The permissions caused the file size after uploading to be 0 bytes.

Ken
    Anyone else having issues where all multitouch ability on their phone is randomly lost until after a reboot? Noticed it first when the browser lost the ability to pinch zoom, confirmed on the keyboard.
    v39 is good so far, except for internet browser fc'ing(which i dont really care about). does anyone know how to create an apps shortcut, because I cant access my apps anymore after i replaced it accidentally with a gmail icon. i cant create an apps shortcut...for some reason its not letting me do it.help me. thanks in advance

I did the same thing. Here is what you do:

Tap & Hold screen -> Custom Shortcut -> Launcher Actions -> Pick your activity -> Open/close App Drawer

Then drag this to the GMail icon in the drawer, and boom, you have it working again :)
    Did you try reflashing v23?

You won't have the wallpaper you wanted, but your phone will work.

You can always do an image search on google for wallpaper.

i reflashed got phone going no problem i just wondered where i screwed up