[ROM/Kernel][AOSPA] Paranoid Android 7.3.1 for the Le Pro3 [10/31]

Search This thread

rojocapo

Dec 11, 2011
Buenos Aires
I am running this ROM but without the latest kernel update.

Could someone test Gcam video 720 60 fps and tap to zoom? Does the image flicker when the phone is zooming? Thanks

Last edited:

GalaticStryder

Nov 20, 2014
Porto Alegre

minz1

Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2016
Yes, I actually added this commit on my own on the latest version, there are couple patches for sdcardfs too that I'm willing to import soon and then release another one.

Just to clear out anything regarding O, I won't be doing it until my Max2 arrives and I can set up a common device tree for them.

Out of curiosity, why not use the LineageOS trees? They're already commonized there.

alessiogentile

Nov 9, 2015
Yes, I actually added this commit on my own on the latest version, there are couple patches for sdcardfs too that I'm willing to import soon and then release another one.

Just to clear out anything regarding O, I won't be doing it until my Max2 arrives and I can set up a common device tree for them.

So the new kernel will solve the gcam's issues? Amazing! :highfive:

Reactions: GalaticStryder

Brrehan

Jan 15, 2018
Hello (and sorry for my English). Is there a Nougat ROM for LeEco The Pro3 X650 X27 ? The ones I see on the forum are all (I think) for the X72x

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
I'm currently running the July version of paranoid rom 7.1.2 with the latest TWRP. This is the only non eui custom rom where my cameras work. When I update to the latest paranoid rom or any other ROM the cameras no longer work. If any one has a solution I'd appreciate it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180116-153924.png
    Screenshot_20180116-153924.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 349

xuyu995

Jan 5, 2018
I'm currently running the July version of paranoid rom 7.1.2 with the latest TWRP. This is the only non eui custom rom where my cameras work. When I update to the latest paranoid rom or any other ROM the cameras no longer work. If any one has a solution I'd appreciate it
you need copy the stock file(/system/vendor/lib/libactuator_ak7371.so )to other rom

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
you need copy the stock file(/system/vendor/lib/libactuator_ak7371.so )to other rom
How would I do that? This is honestly the 1st time I've seen something like this I've been modding phones since the Nexus S. But have never came across the cameras working in only certain ROMs. Or certain builds of a particular ROM

pablomancera

Jan 14, 2015
Cartagena
My phone can't connect to 4G, it only gets 3G and 2G, the APN settings are right, I even tried flashing again, but that didn't solve the problem, does someone else have the same issue? My phone is an x727.

Edit: reflash did solve the issue, I don't know why it appeared, it solved an bug in gcam too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GalaticStryder

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
I tried what you suggested it didn't work though. Any other suggestions I could try?

If you have Magisk installed download "File Manager" from Google Play.
Install File Manager and give it superuser permissions for all partitions ( Root, and Internal Memory)
  • Go into Root Directory and click search Icon and type vendor ( let it search for a few minutes) If nothing appears to happen click cancel.
  • You should now see several vendor folders
  • Click Vendor, then look for folder called Lib

Inside Lib you should see the following files that are listed at the bottom of this post.-

If you do have them then copy the files from Lineage file that Murat1150 posted https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kW...64E5HPvyVSx5ee ( Note any Lineage Rom, or Omni Rom that you may already have downloaded will very likely already have these files as well.)
Paste them to your phone from the computer and then use file manager to paste them into root "vendor/lib/ " directory.

1. Download file and make a copy of needed files and paste them into the vendor/lib/ directory
  2. For each pasted file Click hamburger icon in top right corner and then go to properties.
  3. Click icon with two people,

1. Check boxes to give Read permissions (R) permission > User ( Check) > Group ( Check) > Other ( Check)
  2. Check boxes to give Write permissions (R) permission > User ( Check) > Group ( Empty) > Other ( Empty)
  3. Check boxes to give Cut permissions (X) permission > User ( Empty) > Group ( Empty) > Other ( Empty)

Reboot your phone, the camera should now work. If it does not reflash Magisk.

You need the files listed below: If you already have these files check the permissions > it has to be the issue.
vendor/lib/libSonyIMX298_ofilm_ak_PdafLibrary.so
vendor/lib/libSonyIMX298_ofilm_PdafLibrary.so
vendor/lib/libSonyIMX298_truly_ak_PdafLibrary.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_ak7371.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_bu63165.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_bu64297.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_lc898212xd.so

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchman

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
If you have Magisk installed download "File Manager" from Google Play.
Install File Manager and give it superuser permissions for all partitions ( Root, and Internal Memory)
Go into Root Directory and click search Icon and type vendor ( let it search for a few minutes) If nothing appears to happen click cancel.

You should now see several vendor folders
Click Vendor, then look for folder called Lib

Inside Lib you should see the following files that are listed at the bottom of this post.-

If you do have them then copy the files from Lineage file that Murat1150 posted https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kW...64E5HPvyVSx5ee ( Note any Lineage Rom, or Omni Rom that you may already have downloaded will very likely already have these files as well.)
Paste them to your phone from the computer and then use file manager to paste them into root "vendor/lib/ " directory.

Download file and make a copy of needed files and paste them into the vendor/lib/ directory
Click icon with two people,

Check boxes to give Read permissions (R) permission > User ( Check) > Group ( Check) > Other ( Check)
Check boxes to give Cut permissions (X) permission > User ( Empty) > Group ( Empty) > Other ( Empty)

Reboot your phone, the camera should now work. If it does not reflash Magisk.

You need the files listed below: If you already have these files check the permissions > it has to be the issue.
vendor/lib/libSonyIMX298_ofilm_ak_PdafLibrary.so
vendor/lib/libSonyIMX298_ofilm_PdafLibrary.so
vendor/lib/libSonyIMX298_truly_ak_PdafLibrary.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_ak7371.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_bu63165.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_bu64297.so
vendor/lib/libactuator_lc898212xd.so
The link you posted leads to a page not found message

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016

It worked earlier?

But, It's just lineage 14.1- so you can download it from any official 7.1 Rom : Such as, Lineage, or Omni or AICP.

In my post, I mentioned that the files will be within any 7.1 official rom for X727 / X720 just download a Rom and unzip it then locate the files and paste them in the correct location. Then ensure they have the correct permissions......done.

BTW, I just checked this link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOxV5uK_YzJMqrxmr1AdcVsGEapsWTk0/view

it works : Was part of that missing from my last post?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

It worked earlier?

But, It's just lineage 14.1- so you can download it from any official 7.1 Rom : Such as, Lineage, or Omni or AICP.

In my post, I mentioned that the files will be within any 7.1 official rom for X727 / X720 just download a Rom and unzip it then locate the files and paste them in the correct location. Then ensure they have the correct permissions......done.

BTW, I just checked this link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOxV5uK_YzJMqrxmr1AdcVsGEapsWTk0/view

Yes It was - My bad.

Reactions: Duchman

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
It worked earlier?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

It worked earlier?

Yes It was - My bad.
Thanks the link works now ☺️

voron00

Mar 8, 2011
Google Nexus 4
LeEco Le Pro3
Made a personal build for myself with some updates/fixes, if anyone is intersted, can share it i guess, since there was no updates for quite some time.
The build has a release type and signed with my personal release-keys.
You proably will not be able to dirty flash from official due to release-keys change and have to wipe your data.

Changelog:

Code:
System:

- Updated AOSP tag: 7.1.2_r33 -> 7.1.2_r36 (N2G48H)
- Updated CAF tag: LA.UM.5.8.r1-02900-8x98.0 -> LA.UM.5.8.r1-03000-8x98.0

Device:

- Possibly fixed audio may get distorted sometimes with ULL playback.
 - Updated audio acdb blobs from latest JUI.
 - Fixed OGG playback issues (fixes missing audio in some apps and games).
 - Fixed diag ports was enabled by default.
 - Fixed obb folder remounting issues.
 - Minor GPS and WIFI fixes from oneplus3.
 - Added missing camera actuator and imglib blobs, should fix camera for some people.

Kernel:

- Nothing has been added from me but includes all the latest patches from @GalaticStryder, including camera bug fixes that has been found in the last kernel update.

Sources: https://github.com/voron00/android_device_leeco_zl1

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zJerA_DxGK3IZB2Dzl2eyA05VDSJPHO5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KNFmu8d.png

Artwork by the artist Hampus Olsson.

An introduction to our Nougat sauce...

We're really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavor of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features and improvements.

First and foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimizations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On the first launch, you'll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who's teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don't know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands for itself and we're glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

The magic of the moment!

Immersive Mode: One of our main approaches on Paranoid Android was always the ability to set aside anything not needed and push the borders of your user experience to the top, literally. With Immersive Mode, this is no different but a rule. It allows you to have a clean workspace to focus your production on what really matters by hiding the navigation bar and status bar by default - being Fully Immersive - as well as it also allows you to hide both elements separately.

Pie: We've been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we're really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google's Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine: We're proud to announce our newest feature, the ambitious Color Engine. It allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Grey, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really simple and quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Pocket Lock: This new feature prevents any form of accidental input when your device is in your pocket by disabling input sources. You can simply release Pocket Lock by long pressing the power button as highlighted by the minimal UI in case of any sort of obstruction or dust on the sensors. [7.2.0+]

Accidental Touch: Another brilliant feature useful for many, especially the gamers out there. It prevents any sort of accidental touch on hardware buttons while the touchscreen is in use. This means you won’t experience any unexpected behavior while playing games, web browsing or even when attempting to reach your finger out to the edge of that humongous display. [7.2.0+]

What does la critique say?

What about my device?

This first post is pretty general for all our AOSPA threads, contains all the common features you'd find in any other Paranoid Android device.

The most fundamental piece of information is available in the SECOND POST, you'll find information regarding device specific features, Kernel configuration and general installation and usage advice.

On the mainstream media outlet...

XDA Developers: On our first release Paranoid Android 7.1.2
    Android Police: Back from the dead, and we're thrilled
    XDA Developers: On our latest release Paranoid Android 7.2.0
    Android Police: Release 2 is out, with new device support and new features
    Paranoid Android Corner: Introducing the second release of Paranoid Android

Please, check out our community resources:

AOSPA's official website
    AOSPA's gerrit code review
    AOSPA's github repositories
    Paranoid Android community on G+
    Paranoid Android Corner profile on G+

I've got turned on! Where are the downloads?

There you go, just don't let your pants fly away so quickly, you're still not done yet!

RELEASE builds at our PRIMARY server
    RELEASE builds at our SECONDARY server

Warning: The alternative servers (secondary) are only used in case the primary one is down or under high pressure. Don't worry if the latest RELEASE is not available over there.

Hold on a minute, one last advice!

Remember to READ the SECOND POST before going any further, you're advised.

#StayParanoid

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android for the Le Pro3, ROM for the LeEco Le Pro3

Contributors
    GalaticStryder, TheCrazyLex, xboxfanj
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EUI 5.9.23S
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.3.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-31

Created 2017-07-11
    Last Updated 2017-10-31
    Notes on the final 7.3.1 build of Paranoid Android

There's a bit of a delay from my part as I was busy - say, offline - and I wanted to clarify some stuff on this final release of ours.

The official post states a minor changelog than it actually is because I couldn't elaborate on the official post due to space for other devices.

Now I can, that's what we have for this build:

Code:
    Device tree and blobs:
    - Proper support for Pocket Lock on the fingerprint sensor.
    - Complete REDO of all audio platform to patch only what was broken as my personal tests pointed.¹
    - Removed deprecated services and shims that we don't need anymore.
    - Switched to Bluetooth HFP version 1.7 which is the proper one for MSM8996.
    - Fixed assistant speak up not functioning properly.
    - Updated GPS from latest CAF release for N.
    - Switched to OnePlus 3 prebuilt NFC stack.²
    - All proprietary blobs updated from 26S OEM release.
    - New image processing blobs imported from OP3 as dependencies for the media processing setup.
    - Qcom RIL blob updated from OP3.
    - Imported LeTV remote control and SDK from @darkobas.

Kernel:
    - New NFC driver with resume/suspend support from OP3.
    - Motorola's low memory killer adaption to find/kill tasks faster.
    - GPU and panel frameworks running on high priority.
    - Better all-around power management and CPU idling. (Almost 0% drain with Wi-Fi turned off).
    - Filesystem sync when suspending was disabled as this is more for PCs.
    - Better cluster handling on lower LPM levels (stand-by).
    - Binder security updates from latest Google common Kernel.
    - F2FS GC and fixes now implemented inside the Kernel runs GC when charging.
    - Some CPU topology fine-tuning for arm64.
    - Some USB wakeups were fixed during charger work execution.
    - Faster panel framework wake-up.
    - IRQ pull-down of fingerprint sensor when on pocket (see Pocket Lock above).
    - Queued charger works on power-efficient queues as they don't need much CPU usage, just some input calculation.
    - Own modified fast charging mechanism via HVDCP3 (QC 3.0) without the bogus PD structure from stock OEM Kernel source.
    - Some audio routing fixes that OEM Kernel source adaption had f***ed up.

Amendments:
    1. This is using N ACDB blobs again with minimal changes to correct some of the IDs, video recording is using the same path as microphone recording to have a better input. This brings back the volume boosting toggle during calls and fixes the speakerphone mode properly (to me). Audio is slightly higher and should match 7.2.3 but in a better way. Fluence was disabled as it was causing some weird problems with audio input like lower volume, speaker protection in HAL was added instead.
    2. This is an attempt to fix Android Pay as OP3 users seem to have it working, I can't test this in Brazil at the moment but NFC is working as expected (to me).

Kernel source code available at: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_leeco_msm8996

Downloads: http://get.aospa.co
    Gerrit: https://gerrit.aospa.co
    GitHub: https://github.com/AOSPA
    Crowdin: http://crowdin.aospa.co
    Official community: https://plus.google.com/communities/112514149478109338346

If the main website page isn't working, use the alternative one: http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/zl1.

P.S.: If you're willing to help out, don't forget to :good: this post so it gets "pinned" for future users.

#StayParanoid
    ZbD3eag.png

A paranoid kick off to the LeEco Le Pro3...

This new device has been integrated into the Paranoid Android ecosystem after almost two months of heavy testing and stressing to ensure we deliver the most out of it for our users.

The first RELEASE available for it was 7.2.0 in 07/10, our biggest release on the nougat-mr2 branch. I should also mention that some of my builds are shared, they are DEV builds and are not compatible with RELEASE builds whatsoever.

I want developer builds right now, where to get it?

I must say that those builds are not endorsed and that I supply most of the new changes using my Paranoid Patcher but for the deepest changes, you ought to use those DEV builds when available.

Back up the RELEASE version on TWRP and switch to my DEV builds with a clean flash, when a new RELEASE is out, just restore your backup and update via the OTA system or manually.

If the DEV build is older than RELEASE there's nothing to be tested publicly at this time, just stick with RELEASE in those conditions.

You can download DEV builds at my AFH page.

Beware of dragons!

How to install this awesomeness?

There are two types of installation to choose from: System Cleaning and Complete Cleaning for the first install of Paranoid Android.

System Cleaning:
    ~> Back up all your needed data before going any further, just in case.
    ~> Reboot to TWRP recovery.
    ~> Copy the ROM and Gapps to the internal /sdcard folder.
    ~> Go to "Wipe" and then to "Advanced Wipe".
    ~> Mark "Dalvik / ART Cache", "System", "Data" and "Cache".
    ~> "Swipe to Wipe" and proceed back the main menu.
    ~> Go to "Install".
    ~> Select the ROM zip file and then press "Add more Zips" and select the Gapps zip file.
    ~> "Swipe to confirm Flash" and wait for some time.
    ~> After the flashing is finished, just reboot to system.

Complete Cleaning:
    ~> Back up all your needed data before going any further, just in case.
    ~> Reboot to TWRP recovery.
    ~> Go to "Wipe" and then to "Advanced Wipe".
    ~> Mark "Dalvik / ART Cache", "System", "Data", "Internal Storage" and "Cache".
    ~> "Swipe to Wipe" and proceed back the main menu. THIS WILL COMPLETELY WIPE YOUR PHONE!
    ~> Go to "Reboot" and press "Recovery".
    ----------> Hold Vol+ right after the screen turns black until you see the RECOVERY boot logo.
    ----------> This is needed on some phones because they don't boot to recovery if the system partition is empty.
    ~> Copy the ROM and Gapps to the internal /sdcard folder.
    ----------> You can use adb commands in this step as well:
    ----------> adb shell mkdir /sdcard/PA;
    ----------> adb push pa_zl1-7.2.1-RELEASE-20170718-signed.zip /sdcard/PA;
    ----------> Don't forget the ";" at the end of previous commands, the shell needs them.
    ~> Go to "Install".
    ~> Select the ROM zip file and then press "Add more Zips" and select the Gapps zip file.
    ~> "Swipe to confirm Flash" and wait for some time.
    ~> After the flashing is finished, just reboot to system.

What's under the hood?

Generally speaking this ROM is the fastest one and one that stands for itself on every detail due to small but perfectionist group of developers actively working on it in every possible manner, from back-end performance to front-end UX specialists.

Kernel:
    ~> Lightweight Minimal Tree (Pro3 Only)
    ~> Native LA.UM (Nougat) APIs
    ~> Always Latest QCOM Tag
    ~> Transparent Hugepages (THP)
    ~> Power Efficient Workqueue
    ~> Enhanced Interactive CPU Governor
    ~> SdcardFS Filesystem
    ~> F2FS Filesystem
    ~> Pstore Functionality
    ~> Per-UID Statistics (CPU Time/IO)
    ~> Green Boot State (SafetyNet)
    ~> 60% Button Vibration
    ~> Strong Stackprotector
    ~> Forward Port OEM Charger Bits
    ~> Always Latest Wi-Fi Driver
    ~> Patched LA.UM (Nougat) Camera Driver
    ~> Security Oriented Configuration
    ~> Reduced Memory Leaks
    ~> Optimized for Stability and Speed (-O2)
    ~> Quicker Panel Wake Up
    ~> Synchronized RGB LED Blinking
    ~> Suspend-to-Idle Mechanism
    ~> Real Time Priority for RCU Boosting
    ~> Latest Binder Communication Driver
    Made a personal build for myself with some updates/fixes, if anyone is intersted, can share it i guess, since there was no updates for quite some time.
    The build has a release type and signed with my personal release-keys.
    You proably will not be able to dirty flash from official due to release-keys change and have to wipe your data.

Changelog:

Code:
    System:

- Updated AOSP tag: 7.1.2_r33 -> 7.1.2_r36 (N2G48H)
    - Updated CAF tag: LA.UM.5.8.r1-02900-8x98.0 -> LA.UM.5.8.r1-03000-8x98.0

Device:

- Possibly fixed audio may get distorted sometimes with ULL playback.
     - Updated audio acdb blobs from latest JUI.
     - Fixed OGG playback issues (fixes missing audio in some apps and games).
     - Fixed diag ports was enabled by default.
     - Fixed obb folder remounting issues.
     - Minor GPS and WIFI fixes from oneplus3.
     - Added missing camera actuator and imglib blobs, should fix camera for some people.

Kernel:

- Nothing has been added from me but includes all the latest patches from @GalaticStryder, including camera bug fixes that has been found in the last kernel update.

Sources: https://github.com/voron00/android_device_leeco_zl1

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zJerA_DxGK3IZB2Dzl2eyA05VDSJPHO5
    Major update reaching your door, welcome to Paranoid Android 7.3.0!

Typing...

With this release, we're bringing the most polished and yet merging our biggest efforts together to ensure you get the most stable and bleeding-edge experience of all time...

Don't forget to check the official announcement post at Paranoid Android Corner.

A brief overview is available on the main page of XDA Developers as well.

Le Pro3

Coming down to device-specific level, this update brings the new proprietary folder written from scratch from OnePlus' OB20 release. This new folder cuts down most unneeded proprietary files (blobs) even more, something like ~12MB, which is huge for library files that usually weight kilobytes.

Now we have a unique proprietary folder and an amazing Kernel, inaugurating a "next-level" concept to be settled on Oreo, but that's a secret for now...

Full Changelog

Code:
    Outstanding boosting performance with our new Qperformance driver from OP3.
    Touch-boosting processed into two steps instead of only one.¹
    Reduced chances of page trashing by lowering read-ahead on I/O scheduler.
    New radio libraries from OnePlus3 with simpler VoLTE processing, just two properties now.²
    Some GPS fixes from Oreo and clean up in HAL to allow using OP3 blobs better.
    Updated to LA.UM.5.6.r1-05800-89xx.0 Kernel tag. There's a newer one but I couldn't test it enough before the release.
    A huge lot more...

One:
    Code:
    Step 1:
       Duration: 90ms
       Frequency (Little): 1286.4Mhz
       Frequency (Big): 1363.2Mhz

Step 2:
       Duration: 150ms
       Frequency (Little): 1132.8Mhz
       Frequency (Big): 1209.6Mhz

Two: Supports fast dormancy (check your carrier) and power save mode, both enabled by default.

Downloads

Official Server

Crowdfunding

If you want to contribute back and help me getting another LeEco device, participate on my Le Max 2 Crowdfunding.

All donators will have access to development assets and the current state of the works beforehand.

Much appreciated.

#StayParanoid