• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM+KERNEL][CM11][KTU84Q][CAF&AOSP] Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based [R10.3 - 23Oct]

Which kernel you think the ROM should come?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyGik

Jan 8, 2012
Feature request

Hey @andersonaragao, is it possible to implement this feature:
Swipe left in recent apps panel/notification panel to open app in floating mode. Swipe right to dismiss it normally.?

I know that there is a long press option, but swiping would be a tad faster. What are your thoughts? :confused:

BLONDMAN

Nov 2, 2013
tehran
hot spot shield vpn 1.6.6

hot spot shield vpn 1.6.6
hi.i have instal CAF Kernel - Release 8.2 - Stable
after instal this rom ,i instal hotspot shield vpn and this app not work!!
what s problem?!!

Reactions: havokh

BLONDMAN

Nov 2, 2013
tehran
when i instal hot spot shield or psiphon.they are connect but do not any send or recive data.in face book app or google chrome cant open any page.they are connect but have not any send or recive data.!!
pls say me what a problem?!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

We can't tell you what the problem is unless you describe what is the exact issue you are facing.

Doesn't provide much help you see. :p

Also LOGCAT would be excellent if you can provide one.
when i instal hot spot shield or psiphon.they are connect but do not any send or recive data.in face book app or google chrome cant open any page.they are connect but have not any send or recive data.!!pls instal this app on your phone and see my problem.

Last edited:

PsyGik

Jan 8, 2012
when i instal hot spot shield or psiphon.they are connect but do not any send or recive data.in face book app or google chrome cant open any page.they are connect but have not any send or recive data.!!

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

when i instal hot spot shield or psiphon.they are connect but do not any send or recive data.in face book app or google chrome cant open any page.they are connect but have not any send or recive data.!!pls instal this app on your phone and see my problem.

Goto Settings>Wireless & Networks>More...>VPN

Do you have any configurations there?

Press Menu>Always-on VPN.

Do you have set for None? Change it to VPN configured by you.

Also can you tell which ROM you used previously in which this app was working?

BLONDMAN

Nov 2, 2013
tehran
Goto Settings>Wireless & Networks>More...>VPN

Do you have any configurations there?

Press Menu>Always-on VPN.

Do you have set for None? Change it to VPN configured by you.

Also can you tell which ROM you used previously in which this app was working?
i have not use any vpn or vpn setting.always i use hot spot shield or psiphon for phone.i have note any configurations in vpn menu.
when i use Nexus_5_Experience_cm11_CAFKernel_Release7.4.1 version,i have not any problem whit hot spot or psiphon.and when i instal 8.2 version have this problem.i see any person use google factory 4.4.3 version,have not any problem whit hot spot or psiphone.i Guess this problem have any custom roms...

uniextra

Dec 10, 2012
hi Rebooter the phone solved the connection with the handsfree headphones.

but the MIC on them is not working propperly, its like the volume level of the mic is too low, no one can hearme....

how can i solve this?

divvykev

Aug 16, 2012
Chester
It's not right

I really do feel sorry for @andersonaragao.

This rom has been my driver for quite a while and despite wandering and trying new roms every now and then I always come back to this one after a few hours.

Recently he has given in to all the requests for this that and the other and now there are a few issues then quite a few of users are having a go and still asking for more changes.

Now, I had an Xperia S for a while and on that XDA forum any requests were not only scorned upon but could get you banned.

Anderson needs respect not requests. We have a rock solid Rom here and from what I can see there are requests for little things. How can he put all thosein and still keep a smooth and battery friendly Rom?

Come on guys. Give him some slack and let him perfect HIS Rom. Any issues he deals with with amazing speed when he can. The time he must put into this Rom must be phenominal.

So, I for one just say thank you @andersonaragao and please use your judgement on what you think is best for YOUR Rom.

Thanks man

Rant over

K

mattgren

Jul 20, 2013

This rom has been my driver for quite a while and despite wandering and trying new roms every now and then I always come back to this one after a few hours.

Recently he has given in to all the requests for this that and the other and now there are a few issues then quite a few of users are having a go and still asking for more changes.

Now, I had an Xperia S for a while and on that XDA forum any requests were not only scorned upon but could get you banned.

Anderson needs respect not requests. We have a rock solid Rom here and from what I can see there are requests for little things. How can he put all thosein and still keep a smooth and battery friendly Rom?

Come on guys. Give him some slack and let him perfect HIS Rom. Any issues he deals with with amazing speed when he can. The time he must put into this Rom must be phenominal.

So, I for one just say thank you @andersonaragao and please use your judgement on what you think is best for YOUR Rom.

Thanks man

Rant over

K
+1

8.2 CAF version is my daily driver and is nice and stable with enough features.

I would also vote for stability over bloat!

PsyGik

Jan 8, 2012

Thanks man

Rant over

K

You've got a good point there, but then You've used the word 'request' and not 'demand'. So as long as it is a 'request' and not a 'demand', it's totally up to the developer to implement it or not. Of course there are also some developers who have specifically mentioned in their OP that all feature requests will be ignored. So ultimately it comes down to the developers as to how they respond to the community. They can state out "It's my ROM, and I'm keeping it that way" and then there are some "What do you say guys, how about I add this feature?". I guess you got my point ;)

And then there are those category of people, "Your ROM doesn't have XYZ feature found in that ROM. Your ROM sucks". Well I can't really say anything but feel sorry for them. So let's all keep an open mind. XDA was formed by people working together. Let's keep it that way!

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

i have not use any vpn or vpn setting.always i use hot spot shield or psiphon for phone.i have note any configurations in vpn menu.
when i use Nexus_5_Experience_cm11_CAFKernel_Release7.4.1 version,i have not any problem whit hot spot or psiphon.and when i instal 8.2 version have this problem.i see any person use google factory 4.4.3 version,have not any problem whit hot spot or psiphone.i Guess this problem have any custom roms...
Is your setup a clean install? Or a Titanium restore? Maybe there some rouge app or something?

BTW Did you get a 'I trust this application' dialog when you first launched the app? I installed the application (HotSpot Shield free version) and tested it. I was able to surf the internet, I was able to access Facebook. Only Opera Mobile threw network errors. Except for that everything was working fine. Also 8.2 You installed CM kernel or stock? I'm on stock kernel.

Reactions: andersonaragao

todorcim

Dec 27, 2010
Brockville
I love this ROM!!! This my daily driver now for ...well since the latest version came out I guess lol.

I do have two minor issues

#1 every now and then say a once maybe twice a day my phone won't unlock, just a black screen, reboot fixes it but it is a minor annoyance.

#2 whenever I leave my house and am disconnected from my WiFi it won't pick up and reconnect when I come home, again a reboot fixes the issue.(phone won't let me go into WiFi setting just a blank screen)

Like I said there minor issues but if anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

NonCAF no other mods other then DPI at 260

Thanks again for the wicked ROM!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

llaugerm

Nov 23, 2008
New York
Amazing ROM

This is such an amazing ROM and I have tried too many but I decided to stay with this one. I'm using the AOSP Stock Kernel LTE and I'm loving it. I have attached a few screenshots, so you guys can enjoy it.

linkboy

Apr 23, 2009
Love this rom, and it just gets better and better. Just installed 8.2 AOSP and I'm having a Superuser issue. It will approve some apps, but immediately denies apps like Greenify or franco kernel manager and I've tried everythign I can to get them approved, yet nothing will work. Anyone else have an issue like that?

llaugerm

Nov 23, 2008
New York
Its flux theme cm11

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Correct. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flux.theme.flux

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Love this rom, and it just gets better and better. Just installed 8.2 AOSP and I'm having a Superuser issue. It will approve some apps, but immediately denies apps like Greenify or franco kernel manager and I've tried everythign I can to get them approved, yet nothing will work. Anyone else have an issue like that?
Just re-flash your ROM without wiping anything.

linkboy

Apr 23, 2009
I figured it out, the rom isn't playing nice with Franco kernel, everything will work fine until I flash the kernel, then things stop working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.