[Rom/Kernel][CM7/AOSP][2.3.7]CronMod-sapphire (updated 04/15)

lxphuong

Apr 16, 2011
Dear Croniccorey,
I've just updated your new kernel "BanditKernel 1.0 RC" into CronMod_1.0.4. My magic work fine.

Thanks

adb works fine. The icon will show if i unselect and select the "Debugging notify" checkbox in the menu Dev.

L.X.Phuong

croniccorey

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
London
Dear Croniccorey,
I've just updated your new kernel "BanditKernel 1.0 RC" into CronMod_1.0.4. My magic work fine.

Thanks

adb works fine. The icon will show if i unselect and select the "Debugging notify" checkbox in the menu Dev.

L.X.Phuong
good to hear i will be including it as the default kernel in the NR rom as of 1.0.5

gonzalocav

May 13, 2012
Thanks, croniccorey, for your awesome ROMs.

I have a HTC Magic and I've used for the last month Cronmod-Dream 1.0.4. It's the best I've ever used. But now my question is: Is there any important difference between Cronmod-Dream and Cronmod-Sapphire for my HTC Magic 32B? (1.0.5 is out for Dream ;) )

As I said, Cronmod-Dream runs excellent in my phone.

Thanks in advance!

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
Thanks, croniccorey, for your awesome ROMs.

I have a HTC Magic and I've used for the last month Cronmod-Dream 1.0.4. It's the best I've ever used. But now my question is: Is there any important difference between Cronmod-Dream and Cronmod-Sapphire for my HTC Magic 32B? (1.0.5 is out for Dream ;) )

As I said, Cronmod-Dream runs excellent in my phone.

Thanks in advance!
yes there is no hw files, keychars, keylayots, and init files for the sapphire in the dream rom i will have the 32b rom here in a bit and the nr rom will be here a little after

glad to hear you like my work and thanks for using my rom

Last edited:
Reactions: gonzalocav

gonzalocav

May 13, 2012
Hi! I flashed the new version (1.0.5) yesterday in my HTC Magic 32B. I can't conclude anything at the moment:

1.- I flashed 5 times and I ger the "System UIDs inconsistent" error before entering my PIN.

And I get FCs concerning Play Store.

After installation I can't get my Google account configured. So I have to reboot. Then, in the second boot I can configure Wireless connection, and then setup my Google Account. I don't know if in this moment is better to reboot again or configure and run Market (Play) Store.
Maybe this is the reason of that behaviour I mention.

EDIT 1: This is the same you talked about in CronMod-Dream Post #57 So... first boot + reboot (get wifi working) + reboot (setup Google Account + Play Store) ?

2.- Also I have problems to mod the Play Store with "LCD Density Modder Pro" to change DPI from 160 to 140 and keep Play Store working with my phone and let Play Store installing apps.

3.- I can see two Camera apps (version 2.3.7 - 288KB and version 2.1 - 352KB) in the list of apps installed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
Hi! I flashed the new version (1.0.5) yesterday in my HTC Magic 32B. I can't conclude anything at the moment:

1.- I flashed 5 times and I ger the "System UIDs inconsistent" error before entering my PIN.

And I get FCs concerning Play Store.

After installation I can't get my Google account configured. So I have to reboot. Then, in the second boot I can configure Wireless connection, and then setup my Google Account. I don't know if in this moment is better to reboot again or configure and run Market (Play) Store.
Maybe this is the reason of that behaviour I mention.

2.- Also I have problems to mod the Play Store with "LCD Density Modder Pro" to change DPI from 160 to 140 and keep Play Store working with my phone and let Play Store installing apps.

3.- I can see two Camera apps (version 2.3.7 - 288KB and version 2.1 - 352KB) in the list of apps installed.

Thanks in advance.
ok i will look into these issues please send me a pm containing the info you posted so i remember because i am busy and tend to forget things :D

cheers

diamant-x

Aug 17, 2008
Barcelona
Here a HTC Magic 32B User.
NO problem using AmonRA. No App2Ext, no Swap, anyKernell installed. It looks great, good work! I'll be testing a few days with it as I gave up GB on my magic long time ago, hope this can make me change =).

How is battery going? some GB ROMs gain stability by using agressive cpu working and therefore short battery life time. How about this one? =)

BTW ADW Launcher doesn't feels like too light, doesn't it? How about the old LauncherPro as alternative launcher?

gonzalocav

May 13, 2012
Help, please!

Help!

Trying to get rid of my problems with 32B (UID's and FC's) I did the following:

- Formatted ext4 (and not ext2 as I had before)
- Removed ClockWorkMod Recovery 2.5.0.7 and flashed recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G-cyan.img (from this thread).
- Wiped and Flashed CronMod 1.0.5 and Anykernel.

I can reach fastboot and recovery. But now, my phone stays freezed in the splash screen (not only with CronMod 1.0.5 but also with any other). Same behaviour with a different microSD.

What can I do now? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

EDIT #1: I also tried with Engineering SPL 1.33.2009 (maybe this was my fault -> I did it to change my recovery because I had 0013d S-ON) and Haykuro's SPL. No succeeded.

Here a HTC Magic 32B User.
NO problem using AmonRA. No App2Ext, no Swap, anyKernell installed. It looks great, good work! I'll be testing a few days with it as I gave up GB on my magic long time ago, hope this can make me change =).
I've tried the same recovery as you (AmonRA), and I have the same phone as you. No succeeded.

Last edited:

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
Help!

Trying to get rid of my problems with 32B (UID's and FC's) I did the following:

- Formatted ext4 (and not ext2 as I had before)
- Removed ClockWorkMod Recovery 2.5.0.7 and flashed recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G-cyan.img (from this thread).
- Wiped and Flashed CronMod 1.0.5 and Anykernel.

I can reach fastboot and recovery. But now, my phone stays freezed in the splash screen (not only with CronMod 1.0.5 but also with any other). Same behaviour with a different microSD.

What can I do now? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

EDIT #1: I also tried with Engineering SPL 1.33.2009 (maybe this was my fault -> I did it to change my recovery because I had 0013d S-ON) and Haykuro's SPL. No succeeded.

I've tried the same recovery as you (AmonRA), and I have the same phone as you. No succeeded.
ok boot fastboot and run "fastboot erase system-w" after it completes then reboot to recovery and wipe your ext partition now flash the rom and make your choices if you are going to use d2ext then i would recommend not to choose it during install visit my scripts thread theres a link under extras to it and use one of those scripts they are flashable and the work well.

if your problem persists then please send me a PM and i will help you fix it

BliteKnight

Oct 15, 2009
Flashed 1.0.5 (followed instructions, wipe, etc) and my wifi would never get an IP address...tried different workarounds (google search) but could not get it to work.

So I switched back to 1.0.4 and my wifi works now.

Don't know what could be wrong? Here are my specs:

MyTouch 3G 32b
Radio: 2.22.28.25
SPL: 1T.33.0013d

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
Flashed 1.0.5 (followed instructions, wipe, etc) and my wifi would never get an IP address...tried different workarounds (google search) but could not get it to work.

So I switched back to 1.0.4 and my wifi works now.

Don't know what could be wrong? Here are my specs:

MyTouch 3G 32b
Radio: 2.22.28.25
SPL: 1T.33.0013d
you can try to boot in to fastboot and run "fastboot erase system -w" then boot into recovery and wipe your sd-ext then install the 1.0.5 and that should fix it

Last edited:

gonzalocav

May 13, 2012
Good news

I did it! Thanks, croniccorey, for your indications.

The problem wasn't the recovery: finally I could get installed and booted CronMod-sapphire 1.0.5. I tried with different microSDHC (Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend).

The solution was partitioning my microSDHC from the recovery CWM 5.0.2.7 and not in my PC. And it was ext3 (not ext2 nor ext4).

After my first boot and having setup my Google account, y flashed croniccorey's D2Ext+ script from recovery.

It seems very very stable: only one FC. Maybe a bit laggy.

If I wanted to try D2ext script, can I flash it over D2ext+. Is there any way to uninstall a previous flashed script?

Last edited:

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
I did it! Thanks, croniccorey, for your indications.

The problem wasn't the recovery: finally I could get installed and booted CronMod-sapphire 1.0.5. I tried with different microSDHC (Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend).

The solution was partitioning my microSDHC from the recovery CWM 5.0.2.7 and not in my PC. And it was ext3 (not ext2 nor ext4).

After my first boot and having setup my Google account, y flashed croniccorey's D2Ext+ script from recovery.

It seems very very stable: only one FC. Maybe a bit laggy.

If I wanted to try D2ext script, can I flash it over D2ext+. Is there any way to uninstall a previous flashed script?
it should work but i would recommend you wipe yor ext first, glad to here you got it working.