- Jun 7, 2015
*** Disclaimer I do not assume responsibility for any issues that befall you when you flash this ROM and kernel.
>> VertexOS.org <<
VertexOS aims to provide a simple but enhanced near-stock AOSP experience with carefully selected features and an emphasis on stability and smoothness. VertexOS features RenderZenith kernel and the Vox Populi Power HAL, which brings EAS support.
VertexOS ROM (RenderZenith kernel is built-in)
RenderZenith kernel (EAS-supported custom ROMs only)
* EAS support
* Vox Populi Power HAL (developed by yours truly)
* Vertex Walls
* Daydream VR support
* Disable SIM toggle
* DASH-charging support (thanks to AOSPA for charging message on lockscreen)
* OMS (please install Substratum separately)
* SELinux Enforcing
* OnePlus Camera ported from OOS
* sRGB toggle (AOSPA)
* Buttons customization (AOSPA)
* Battery icon customization (AOSPA)
* Double tap Launcher3 homescreen to sleep (AOSPA)
* Double tap lockscreen to sleep
* Alert Slider
* Off-screen gestures
* Slide on statusbar to adjust brightness
* Night light
* Unlink ring and notification volume
* Longpress volume keys for previous/next music track
* Screenrecorder (toggled with Volume Up + Power)
* Signature spoofing (for microG)
* AOSPA's Accidental Touch
* DCI-P3 calibration for supported displays
* OOS Camera with Auto-HDR and 60 FPS recording
RenderZenith Kernel features
* Based on @renderbroken's great work with EAS
* EAS support
* CPU governors: Sched and Schedutil (default)
* I/O schedulers: bfq (default), cfq, noop, deadline, zen
* AdrenoBoost support
* KCal support
* Backlight dimmer
* Sound control
* Boeffla Touchkey control driver
* Passes SafetyNet
TWRP: 3.1.0-0 Official TWRP (OP3), 3.1.0-1 Official TWRP (OP3T)
Firmware (use the latest): (OP3), (OP3T)
GApps: Open GApps
Make sure you are on the recommended TWRP.
1. Nandroid backup.
2. Wipe /cache and /system. If coming from another ROM, wipe /data as well.
3. Flash recommended firmware.
4. Flash ROM, GApps, and Magisk.
No support will be given for problems caused by Xposed, Greenify, Naptime, Titanium Backup, ForceDoze, MicroGMS, other kernels, Substratum themes, different TWRP, different firmware, other tweaks (build.prop, etc).
* Logcat required. You may use Matlog, Syslog, or ADB through a computer. Share via https://hastebin.com (or equivalents).
* Clear description of error.
* Does it happen on clean flash?
* Did you try to reproduce the error without Substratum themes enabled?
* Reboot is required to enable/disable Music touchscreen gestures after a toggle.
PM me or (@calvinistmac, @mostafawael) if you would like to join the VertexOS Slack group for test builds, easier bug reports and quicker replies from me
Credits and acknowledgements
* @multi_rom_user and @kash296 for supporting me since the beginning. You guys supported me since the very first alpha build. Without you guys, VertexOS may never have seen the light. My highest gratitude goes to you.
* @RenderBroken, the best partner I can ask for in working on VertexOS and EAS, and a mentor who taught me more about kernels. Also the man who played a major role in porting EAS to the OP3/3T.
* @Morphicsn0w for the logo, banner designs and boot animation
* The testers in the VertexOS and AKT Slack group
* Google, CAF, AOSPA, LOS, PureNexus, DirtyUnicorns, @myfluxi, @dianlujitao, @sultanxda, @flar2, @LordBoeffla
If you would like to support me, your words of encouragement mean the most to me.
However, if you wish to go a little further with a donation, you may do so at https://www.paypal.me/joshuous. Every donation I receive helps me to offset the cost of purchasing my next development device. Thanks
VertexOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3
joshuous, RenderBroken, calvinistmac, @multi_rom_user, @kash296, @Morphicsn0w
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Use the latest available
Based On: CAF (LA.UM.5.8.r1-02800-8x98.0)
Last Updated 2017-09-16