[ROM + KERNEL][ginkgo + willow][Official] AICP

Search This thread
Oct 22, 2017
Hey all, has anyone had issues with low Bluetooth volume?
I didn't try the Redmi 8's Bluetooth volume before flashing it, but after flash it seems that the Bluetooth output volume is about 1/3 to 1/2 lower than I had on my previous Moto Oreo phone.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

tripper22

Feb 13, 2008
Hey all, has anyone had issues with low Bluetooth volume?
I didn't try the Redmi 8's Bluetooth volume before flashing it, but after flash it seems that the Bluetooth output volume is about 1/3 to 1/2 lower than I had on my previous Moto Oreo phone.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Enable developer options and disable or enable absolute Bluetooth volume. Good luck.

Oct 22, 2017
Sorry for all the questions, but after loading AICP and seeing it run so well for my needs, I am just trying to iron out the little wrinkles.

Here's another. Is there a way to stop the display from dimming on Lockscreen? Usually, I prop the phone on my desk with a Slideshow of photos running and a clock - sort of like a clock album. But I noticed that after a while on the Lockscreen the display automatically dims.
I turned off Adaptive Brightness
I turned on Do Not Sleep when charging
I tried changing Screen timeout value (up to 30 minutes)
But the Lockscreen still dims after 5 seconds.

Is there somewhere else to change this, perhaps something can be set in the BuildProp file?

Cheers & thanks

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
@KuranKaname and others: I do have probs with navigation services ... I do not get any lock with Beidou/GLONASS satellites (only gps), any idea ?
Beidou/GLONASS aren't even visible in the SATSTAT display ?

Latest build ( aicp_ginkgo_q-15.0-WEEKLY-20200630) with firmware "V11.0.6.0.PCXEUXM_9.0"
Btw: Same problem on another device (Redmi Note 7 / lavender)

DrG95

May 16, 2014
I noticed that my mic has really low volume, how can I tell if it's the ROM, the kernel, or the hardware and how could I fix it? (Willow)

Nvm it's my hardware, however if you have any suggestion on how to fix it I'd appreciate it

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Such a smooth ROM

Very nice on my Note 8T. Love it!

What I don't love: my camera is not fully supported. no wide angle and no portrait, not even with ANX...

I hope you guys are giving this some love. It seems Havok has a working camera now. Perhaps borrow some code?

eskeletor97

Feb 3, 2019
Works well on my 8T, but I have issue with random reboots/shutdowns. I wish I could provide log or anything, but it's so unpredictable. Usually it happens when the screen is turned off, so maybe someone has an idea?

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
I've tested yesterdays build (13.07.2020) with following first results:

- OTA update worked perfectly :)
- Navigation: Still no locks with beidu and GLONASS satellites, only with gps (see attachment)
- FM Radio still doesn't work
I'm on the lastest EU firmware.

Any hints/recommendations to fix these isssues ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-103225_SatStat.png
    Screenshot_20200714-103225_SatStat.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 399

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
there is a bug where you dial a number,after the call ends you don't see it in recent calls until you restart the dialer
please fix it and thank you !

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Some camera (ANX Camera) findings:

- Video recording in 4K @ 30fps works :)
- All lenses (macro, wide, tele) are working :)
- Portrait mode doesn't work, app freezes :(

blowtorch

Jul 14, 2011
@KuranKaname can you remove JamesDSP? I know I originally asked for it but I find it annoying and not as good a viper4android. Plus if user want JamesDSP they can flash via magisk, I didn't know that earlier. Thanks.

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Where is the 20200713 build? I can only see the 20200714.

The 20200714 build has size way bigger than the previous build. There's no mention in the changelog. Care to explain? Or is it because now it includes ANX camera?

Sorry, typo, I meant 20200714 ;)
And yes, I think the bigger size is caused by the inclusion of ANX Cam ..

D

Deleted member 10957493

@KuranKaname I'm kind of stuck trying to remove the ANXCamera, I tried debloat under Magisk, Titanium Backup, and the Systemapp removal tool under aicp extension, and none of it has worked. How can I remove ANXCamera?

Oct 22, 2017
Just updated to 2020714. Did anyone else notice that screen touches seem to be lagging. It might be anectodatal, but it seems that I need to press *longer* to get a touch to register. Sometimes, there appears to be a buffer lag (for lack of a better description) that if I touch something and think it didn't register, the second touch is actually the SECOND touch, the first was just delayed a second or so.

I'll download the previous release and compare. When I flash the previous release, can I just dirty flash (wipe the Cache & Dalvik) or something else needed???

Cheers

Oct 22, 2017
Well, that didn't go so well :mad::mad:

In order to fix the slow touch response, I reflashed the June 30 release through TWRP recovery. It asked for my PIN like always and then wiped Cache & Dalvik, flashed June30 rom and - bootloop into TWRP. It actually looks like the phone is still encrypted and can't get to anything.

Maybe the OP has a suggestion, but for now, it's back to square one, flashing the Mi ROM, reflashing AICP and then reloading 100GB of stuff back onto the phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device specific repositories.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out, if it concerns our code base. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 15.0

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
    Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Information about Xposed, EdXposed or Riru Core can be obtained from the XPosed General forums .

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behaviour on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Q. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work), GApps are already included for some a/b devices.
    6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    7. Reboot your device.
    The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.3 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
    Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/celtare21/kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo
    Device tree source:
    https://github.com/celtare21/device_xiaomi_ginkgo
    Vendor source:
    https://github.com/celtare21/vendor_ginkgo

Personal paypal:
    https://www.paypal.me/AdumitroaieVlad

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP Rom, ROM for the Redmi Note 8

Contributors
    KuranKaname
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-05-06
    Last Updated 2020-05-15
    Last unofficial update: https://mega.nz/file/fYxxBbyK#umFrfRjOfAk-hCmt2yv7RN1F03KHaYTXMaJBvbKQtDM
    EXFAT sdcard should hopefully be fixed.
    Updated brightness steps.

Op updated
    is it got official possibly happening?
    seems more good than crdroid in stability and perf

I'm glad to announce that we just went official! OP updated with the official aicp downloads link. Builds are scheduled weekly every Tuesday.

Best rom so far on my ginkgo!. Although Gcam is giving me the same problem I had on crdroid, HDR does not work, the images come out purple with lines.

Glad you enjoy it! Yeah I heard camera can be a bit wonky but I also heard some guys are working on it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for gapps? I flashed the latest version of opengapps but always ended up bootlooping

You wiped data before? Try a smaller gapps package otherwise.

Works very well after a week of use. Only found 2 bug, first one the black theme scheduler don't work and the same bug on blue light filter but in this case you can put manually the time that do you want to start and end in black mode can't and the second one literally it's no a "bug" its about Battery Saver Mode icon on Quick settings you can "click" on it but don't do anything and you must hold 2 seconds and go to battery options click on battery saver and now can enable/disable/schedule battery saver mode.

I want to say BIG THANKS for this amazing rom I tested alot of roms and this one is the most stable for my willow phone and thanks again to share it separated from gapps ^^.

PD: Please devs add the option to lock apps by system using a code or fingerprint. plsplspls ^^ <3 :p

Glad to hear you're enjoying your experience! I'll let the team know about the problems you've encountered.
    I can't see link to the device sources you are using??

Bruh its kuran ,legit dev coming to ginkgo/willow community