[ROM+KERNEL]HUAWEI WATCH 2[LTE-Sawshark]+[BT-Sawfish]-[OWDE.180926.001.A1][22-Jan-20]

Search This thread

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
tweaksyourandroid.weebly.com
[HUAWEI WATCH 2 (LTE/4G-Sawshark) & (Bluetooth/BT-Sawfish)-OWDE.180926.001.A1]​
INTERNATIONAL VERSION

Please read the instructions and notes before flashing anything. Don't ask me if you don't read the instructions.

Code:
###Disclaimer###
[COLOR="Red"][B]WARNING: 
IMPROPER FLASHING MAY POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. SO PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. ME OR ANY OTHER DEVELOPER MENTIONED IN THIS POST WILL ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS.[/B][/COLOR]

DONATE ME HERE

DONATE-ME

##############################
REQUIREMENT

- An Unlock bootloader
- Working adb/fastboot and driver - Download from Here
- A custom recovery (twrp) See my twrp thread for custom twrp recovery
TWRP-RECOVERY

HOW TO FLASH KERNEL/BOOT IMAGE

- Steps via adb/fastboot
- Unzip the folder and move the boot image into your adb/fastboot folder and apply the following commands
Code:
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot reboot

HOW TO FLASH THE ROM AND ROOT

1- Move the build/ROM and Busybox and Magisk to your watch
2- Make a backup - there's always 1% chance something goes wrong.
3- Full wipe is recommended....Wipe data/Factory reset
4- Flash the ROM, then flash Busybox and Magisk (Please flash in this order, ROM, then Busybox and Magisk)
5- Reboot and complete your initial setting
6- Open Magisk Manager and go to settings and set Automatic Response to Grant
7- Done. Don't forget to donate if you like my work, Thanks.

ROM AND KERNEL FEATURES [22-Jan-2020]

[Changelog]-Huawei Watch 2 LTE(Sawshark)+Huawei Watch 2 BT(Sawfish)-[22/Jan/2019]

- Based on latest kernel source (-Source 3.18.24) android-wear with latest security patch
- Linux version 3.18.24 (gcc version 4.9.3 20141215 (prerelease) (UBER-SaberMod-4.9.3_arm-graphite)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 22 9:45:39 CET 2020
- Forced-encryption disabled
- dm-verity removed/disabled
- Auto memory killer set to default
- Sepolicy is patched
- Fix the CPU idle latency unvote timeout. It should reduce the wasting power and CPU go to deep idle states immediately after a request
- Add and use a timer frequency of 100 Hz. It should improve power consumption.
- Add and update/Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK. USE MAGISK TO HIDE ROOT. U may need Gpay enabler
- Remove verifiedbootstate flag from /proc/cmdline - Disable CRC check
- Scheduler optimize/support for heterogeneous multi-core
- Scheduler support for heterogeneous multi-processor systems
- Enable all core with scaling_available_frequencies (200000 400000 533333 800000 1094400 1267200 MHz)- scaling down the frequency of the CPUs to 200 MHz during idl mode and rise the freq. to 1.26Ghz during high pressure.
- Set swappiness to 60
- Change zswap max pool % to 20%. It will reduce CPU usage a lot
- Enable zram & zswap and add 256MB virtual memory default. It will speed up the device a lot
- Removed nolog usage, remove rtb logging from the kernel
- Remove selinux auditing from kernel for lower overhead
- Remove IPC logging from the kernel
- Disabled some kernel parameter to speed up the performance- at the cost of battery/ power consumption
- Remove some logging from several drivers
- Improve memory allocations -Should improve the device a lot
- Add some tweaks to improve the overall speed, apps startup are too faster
- Set zswap compressor to lz4 by default
- APM driver updated again to reduce battery usage during sleeping
- Several other patches to reduce battery usage
- Multi-core scheduler enable/optimized
- APM driver updated reduce battery usage during sleeping
- Fix the wake up time. The screen should wake up more quickly when pressing the button.
- Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPUs or idling them,
- A lot subsystems converted to use power efficient workqueue
- The watch goes to sleep during no action in order to save battery
- Remove debug event logging-Kill the useless logging to reduce overhead
- Remove sync debug entirely to cut down CPU waste in the frame render hot path
- Remove 10 ms CPU idle latency unvote timeout- Doesn't force the CPU to stay out of deep idle states for far longer than necessary, which wastes power
- Disable audit support, usually comes with a measurably significant amount of overhead
- Remove audit dependency

NOTE: THERE IS NO NEED TO FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL IF YOU FLASH THE LATEST ROM.

DOWNLOAD

[Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE]+[Huawei Watch BT][22-Jan]
[DECRYPTION KEY]
WO0FVexxQnrtcODYdmNvnQ

MAGISK/BUSYBOX/APP-KERNEL-CONTROL

DOWNLOAD LATEST MAGISK FROM HERE
DOWNLOAD LATEST BUSYBOX FROM HERE
KERNEL CONTROL APP WEAR OS
How to get the Gpay back...
1-https://pastebin.com/HKV7cj7H
2-https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013/page172
3-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxGfNxRjo4&t=320s
4-https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79637148&postcount=1720

HOW TO FLASH THE STOCK IMAGES-(BACK TO STOCK)

1- Download and unzip the system image below
2- Attach the watch charger to the watch and plug the USB cord (from the charger) into your computer
3- Use the following adb command to start the watch in fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
4- On your computer, navigate to the directory where you unzipped the system image in Step 1. At the top level of that directory, execute the flash-all script:
- On Linux or MacOS, type ./flash-all.sh
- On Windows, type flash-all.bat
5 -DONE. Don't forget to donate if you like my work, Thanks.

STOCK-IMAGES-HUAWEI-WATCH-2-LTE-LEO-DLXX-OWDE.180215.017-SAWSHARK-(13/Oct/2018)
STOCK-IMAGES-HUAWEI-WATCH-2-BT-LEO-BX9-OWDD.180215.018-SAWFISH-(22/7/2018)

Source/GitHub
-Source

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT ME TO CONTINUE, THEN BUY ME A SHOT OF WHISKY
DONATE ME HERE
DONATE-HERE

Special thanks to:
If you can, donate and respect all the devs and enjoy :)
@Chainfire for great work in android
@Maxr1998 Big thanks for giving me knowledge and your great work for Asus Zenwatch_3 and your great github guide. Please thank and donate him for all his efforts
@topjohnwu for his great effort (Magisk)Thank you so much
@SuperR.R for the great kitchen
@Xmaster24 for system-less root-
@moneytoo for his great app. Please appreciate and donate him
Pay Enabler
@SuperThomasLab for great tools
Please always support devs and others (soon).

Last edited:

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
ROM download asking for decryption key?Can fix the link?

Hello All,

Is it possible to install this latest ROM on model without LTE?

Thank you for reply :good:

Link are fixed now. It will properly not gonna work on non-lte. I can build a new for non-lte version if some one send me the latest system image and boot image. (I can extract from your watch via teamviewer, in case you can't) But you need to flash the latest firmware without root.

DONATE ME HERE

Last edited:

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
I will upload a complete latest stock images N7176C (lte) incase anyone wanna go back to latest stock again.

The only thing you have to do is boot into bootloader mod and then run the script by double click on it. After some reboots you will be back on latest stock.

I will combine both Linux and Windows together, use one you prefer.

DONATE ME HERE

Last edited:

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Just received my Huawei SW 4G this weekend and after installing Huawei wear I got the alert message that the watch was rooted.

How can I confirm is it's rooted or not.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mogli19

Nov 30, 2017
How to build boot.img

Hi Janjan,

I am trying to build a custom kernel for my Huawei Watch 2 (non LTE) and I was wondering if you could share a little of your development work.
How do you actually put the boot image together? I am able to compile the kernel from android-msm-sawshark-3.18-nougat-mr1-wear-release,
which gives me a zImage. I also have the original images. So I tried to unmkbootimg the original boot image and replace the kernel. However, this doesn't seem to work. when I compare the sizes of the supposedly original zImage and the one created from the repository above, their size differs by roughly a factor of 100. So there must be something seriously wrong :(

What steps do you use to create the kernel and the boot image?

I also checked your github code and tried to use it but it seems to depend on other stuff that is not in your repos. Where did you find the code you have in your repos?

Best regards,

Mogli

DaCoolX

Dec 1, 2017
I can build a new for non-lte version if some one send me the latest system image and boot image. (I can extract from your watch via teamviewer, in case you can't) But you need to flash the latest firmware without root.

Does that offer still stand? If yes I am willing to let my watch be used as a test subject. :)

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
Hi Janjan,

I am trying to build a custom kernel for my Huawei Watch 2 (non LTE) and I was wondering if you could share a little of your development work.
How do you actually put the boot image together? I am able to compile the kernel from android-msm-sawshark-3.18-nougat-mr1-wear-release,
which gives me a zImage. I also have the original images. So I tried to unmkbootimg the original boot image and replace the kernel. However, this doesn't seem to work. when I compare the sizes of the supposedly original zImage and the one created from the repository above, their size differs by roughly a factor of 100. So there must be something seriously wrong :(

What steps do you use to create the kernel and the boot image?

I also checked your github code and tried to use it but it seems to depend on other stuff that is not in your repos. Where did you find the code you have in your repos?

Best regards,

Mogli

Sure, tell me what you did and your steps for building zImage + modul. I am away from my office for a while.

mogli19

Nov 30, 2017
Sure, tell me what you did and your steps for building zImage + modul. I am away from my office for a while.

Hi Janjan,
(Apparently I am not allowed to post links yet, so I am trying my best to explain without them)
1. I got the source code for the Sawshark watch from github (mr1-wear-release). I guess there is no dedicated Seafish kernel source. Short question: There is a choice of 3 different kernel codes. Which one shall I take?
2. I tried to compile this source code without changes (to rule out errors before I make modifications). This works and I get as zImage. What do you mean by modul though? I thought zImage was the only product.
3. Using unmkbootimg, I un-packed an stock boot.img. The unmkbootimg tool says that the boot.img has been compiled with a non-standard mkbootimg program. However the offsets and other values (I am supposed to tune when I use mkbootimg) are contradicting. Eventually, the "non-custom" values recommended by unmkbootimg caused errors in mkbootimg and I ended up using the default values. This worked.
4. When I flash the resulting boot.img my watch gets stuck during boot with the Huawei logo on all the time.

To verify my tools, I tried step 3. in two more ways:
3.1. re-pack the un-packed boot.img, flash it (no errors and boot works)
3.2 pack a boot.img using a zImage obtained from a sawshark boot.img (instead of the seafish). This also worked and boot was successful

I have also looked at the boot.img and zImage files in a hex editor. I can locate the beginning of the kernel but not the end. Also if I did, I wouldn't know how to replace the kernel in hex mode :p But from what I have understood about mkbootimg, this script does not much more than concatenate zImage and ramdisk and add a header. Is this somewhat correct?

Eventually, I need to turn on some currently disabled kernel features (which is why I am doing all of this :) ). So I am still trying to figure out the right tools and components. And therefore the question: How do you usually build the kernel and how do you pack it into the boot.img. Do you modify the ramdisk when you replace the kernel?

Best,

Mogli

mogli19

Nov 30, 2017
Instructions to modify ramdisk

Hi Janjan,

How do you disassemble and re-assemble the ramdisk?

Wanted to make a few modifications to the ramdisk.cpio.gz. Again, I wanted to try the tools first. So I unpacked and re-packaged the ramdisk without modifications. After flashing the regenerated boot image, my watch goes into recovery mode...
I found these instructions in a tutorial (again, I can't post links yet... sorry):
For disassembly:
Code:
$ mkdir ramdisk_dir
$ cd ramdisk_dir
$ gunzip -c ../ramdisk.cpio.gz | cpio -i
for re-assembly
Code:
$ find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../newramdisk.cpio.gz

Update to my previous post:
I found my mistake in building the kernel:
Instead of using
Code:
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-androidkernel-
I was using
Code:
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-androideabi-

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
Hi Janjan,

How do you disassemble and re-assemble the ramdisk?

Wanted to make a few modifications to the ramdisk.cpio.gz. Again, I wanted to try the tools first. So I unpacked and re-packaged the ramdisk without modifications. After flashing the regenerated boot image, my watch goes into recovery mode...
I found these instructions in a tutorial (again, I can't post links yet... sorry):
For disassembly:

for re-assembly

Update to my previous post:
I found my mistake in building the kernel:
Instead of using
I was using

It seems much better now. Are you in Windows or Linux? I will post my script and tools once I reach my PC. I am away from my PC right now. It means you destroy something during generating or packaging the boot image. Does you kernel /boot.img work without or before editing the ramdisk?

Update:- seems you are in Linux.

mogli19

Nov 30, 2017
It seems much better now. Are you in Windows or Linux? I will post my script and tools once I reach my PC. I am away from my PC right now. It means you destroy something during generating or packaging the boot image. Does you kernel /boot.img work without or before editing the ramdisk?

Update:- seems you are in Linux.

Yes, I am on linux. I found a different approach that works for me now:
Code:
Extract the ramdisk.
$ mkdir ramdisk
$ cd ramdisk
$ gzip -dc ../ramdisk.cpio.gz | cpio -i
# Make any changes necessary (e.g., set ro.secure=0 in default.prop).
# Recreate the cpio archive using the mkbootfs binary produced from building the Android source code
$ cd ..
$ mkbootfs ./ramdisk | gzip > ramdisk-new.gz

You said you were able to turn on all the cores. Can this be done by modifying the ramdisk or how do you do this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    after i installed this rom google translate app disappeared and i cant find it on google play. how can i reinstall google translate ??
    Google Translate? I don't remember that stock ROM has Google Translate installed... Maybe you are talking about regular Google app? It is needed for Google Assistant and Text to Speech engine, but indeed in this custom ROM it needs to be installed separately from the Play Store
    Yes, it's exactly google translate. I have installed google app, and google assistant is working properly. I bought this watch at the second-hand market, it has google translate available. After I bought it, I only used it for a few hours, then installed this rom. The watch model is LEO-BX9. Thank you for confirming this rom does not have google translate. Is there any way to install google translate on this rom?
    Well, if you are able to find in the web Wear OS apk version, you could sideload it on the watch using adb
    Well, if you are able to find in the web Wear OS apk version, you could sideload it on the watch using adb
    Thank you, I searched but couldn't find it.Looks like Google has removed google translate from Wear Os. https://support.google.com/wearos/thread/53969212/where-is-the-wear-os-google-translate-app?hl=en
    [HUAWEI WATCH 2 (LTE/4G-Sawshark) & (Bluetooth/BT-Sawfish)-OWDE.180926.001.A1]​
    INTERNATIONAL VERSION

Please read the instructions and notes before flashing anything. Don't ask me if you don't read the instructions.

Code:
    ###Disclaimer###
    [COLOR="Red"][B]WARNING: 
    IMPROPER FLASHING MAY POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. SO PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. ME OR ANY OTHER DEVELOPER MENTIONED IN THIS POST WILL ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS.[/B][/COLOR]

DONATE ME HERE

DONATE-ME

REQUIREMENT

- An Unlock bootloader
    - Working adb/fastboot and driver - Download from Here
    - A custom recovery (twrp) See my twrp thread for custom twrp recovery
    TWRP-RECOVERY

HOW TO FLASH KERNEL/BOOT IMAGE

- Steps via adb/fastboot
    - Unzip the folder and move the boot image into your adb/fastboot folder and apply the following commands
    Code:
    - adb devices
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot reboot

HOW TO FLASH THE ROM AND ROOT

4- Flash the ROM, then flash Busybox and Magisk (Please flash in this order, ROM, then Busybox and Magisk)

ROM AND KERNEL FEATURES [22-Jan-2020]

[Changelog]-Huawei Watch 2 LTE(Sawshark)+Huawei Watch 2 BT(Sawfish)-[22/Jan/2019]

- Based on latest kernel source (-Source 3.18.24) android-wear with latest security patch
    - Linux version 3.18.24 (gcc version 4.9.3 20141215 (prerelease) (UBER-SaberMod-4.9.3_arm-graphite)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 22 9:45:39 CET 2020
    - Sepolicy is patched
    - Fix the CPU idle latency unvote timeout. It should reduce the wasting power and CPU go to deep idle states immediately after a request
    - Add and update/Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK. USE MAGISK TO HIDE ROOT. U may need Gpay enabler
    - Enable all core with scaling_available_frequencies (200000 400000 533333 800000 1094400 1267200 MHz)- scaling down the frequency of the CPUs to 200 MHz during idl mode and rise the freq. to 1.26Ghz during high pressure.
    - Set swappiness to 60
    - Enable zram & zswap and add 256MB virtual memory default. It will speed up the device a lot
    - Disabled some kernel parameter to speed up the performance- at the cost of battery/ power consumption
    - Fix the wake up time. The screen should wake up more quickly when pressing the button.
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPUs or idling them,
    - Remove 10 ms CPU idle latency unvote timeout- Doesn't force the CPU to stay out of deep idle states for far longer than necessary, which wastes power
    - Disable audit support, usually comes with a measurably significant amount of overhead

NOTE: THERE IS NO NEED TO FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL IF YOU FLASH THE LATEST ROM.

DOWNLOAD

[Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE]+[Huawei Watch BT][22-Jan]
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    WO0FVexxQnrtcODYdmNvnQ

MAGISK/BUSYBOX/APP-KERNEL-CONTROL

DOWNLOAD LATEST MAGISK FROM HERE
    DOWNLOAD LATEST BUSYBOX FROM HERE
    KERNEL CONTROL APP WEAR OS
    2-https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013/page172

HOW TO FLASH THE STOCK IMAGES-(BACK TO STOCK)

1- Download and unzip the system image below
    2- Attach the watch charger to the watch and plug the USB cord (from the charger) into your computer
    3- Use the following adb command to start the watch in fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
    4- On your computer, navigate to the directory where you unzipped the system image in Step 1. At the top level of that directory, execute the flash-all script:
    - On Linux or MacOS, type ./flash-all.sh
    - On Windows, type flash-all.bat
    5 -DONE. Don't forget to donate if you like my work, Thanks.

STOCK-IMAGES-HUAWEI-WATCH-2-LTE-LEO-DLXX-OWDE.180215.017-SAWSHARK-(13/Oct/2018)
    STOCK-IMAGES-HUAWEI-WATCH-2-BT-LEO-BX9-OWDD.180215.018-SAWFISH-(22/7/2018)

Source/GitHub
    -Source

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

Special thanks to:
    If you can, donate and respect all the devs and enjoy :)
    @Chainfire for great work in android
    @Maxr1998 Big thanks for giving me knowledge and your great work for Asus Zenwatch_3 and your great github guide. Please thank and donate him for all his efforts
    @topjohnwu for his great effort (Magisk)Thank you so much
    @SuperR.R for the great kitchen
    @Xmaster24 for system-less root-
    @moneytoo for his great app. Please appreciate and donate him
    Pay Enabler
    @SuperThomasLab for great tools
    Please always support devs and others (soon).
    I am going to upload another ROM with a new kernel..compiled from latest source. Hopefully very soon. Need to test the ROM and the battery usage first.
    Finally- Here is a new ROM+KERNEL for [Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE + Huawei Watch 2 Bluetooth]

ENJOY- THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR DONATIONS. I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT

Changelog-22-Jan-2020:

- Sepolicy is patched
    - Set swappiness to 60

###################
    DOWNLOAD: LATEST- 22 January 2020
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    Code:
    WO0FVexxQnrtcODYdmNvnQ
    ###################

###################
    ###################

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT TO BUY ME A COFFEE
    DONATE-ME-HERE
    I would like to thank you all for your generous donation. Thank you very much for supporting me. I really appreciate that. It will give me more energy to bring something nicer for your device in future.

I will probably spend these donation to pay for the storage (online storage) for uploading the zips as well to buy a new harddisk for my PC.

Once again, thank you for your generous donation.
    https://www.paypal.me/JANJANXDA
    paypal.me/JANJANXDA

Hello everyone,
    Finally I am done with latest ROM and kernel for Huawei Watch 2 4G and BT. This ROM+kernel are designed to bring a new life as well as excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day! You can really feel the speed and smoothness with this ROM.

ROM AND KERNEL FEATURES [3-Sep-2019]

[Changelog]-Huawei Watch 2 LTE(Sawshark)+Huawei Watch 2 BT(Sawfish)-[3/Sep/2019]

- Based on latest kernel source with latest security patch
    - Linux version 3.18.24 (gcc version 4.9.3 20141215 (prerelease) (UBER-SaberMod-4.9.3_arm-graphite)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 3 10:38:15 CEST 2019
    - Sepolicy is patched
    - Add and update/Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK. USE MAGISK TO HIDE ROOT.

HOW TO FLASH THE ROM

0- Boot into TWRP

DOWNLOAD

[Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE][3-SEP]
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    IJI19eFoasakCJGzuhu86A

[Huawei Watch BT][3-SEP]
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    s7uTDVuqOgBqping45_dng

https://www.paypal.me/JANJANXDA
    paypal.me/JANJANXDA