• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM+KERNEL]HUAWEI WATCH 2[LTE-Sawshark]+[BT-Sawfish]-[OWDE.180926.001.A1][22-Jan-20]

Search This thread

rainbow7of9

Jun 12, 2010
Update Wear OS and Security Patch

Hello,

i have got two Question:

Why is the Security Patch still mentioned Oktober 01.2018 fpr the January 2020 Update and how can i update this version to a newer wear os?

Thanks for the answer :).

Regards

Lord Sithek

Hello,

i have got two Question:

Why is the Security Patch still mentioned Oktober 01.2018 fpr the January 2020 Update and how can i update this version to a newer wear os?

Regards

I don't know the answer for the first question - the developer could probably answer that. As for the second question - in all probability you can't. The watch is so old it won't get an official update anymore, so we shouldn't expect custom rom neither.

Sent from my tucana using XDA Labs

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
Hello,

i have got two Question:

Regards

Answer to the first question is simple. Rom's base is stock made by Huawei/Google. Latest stock for our watch had implemented security patch dated October 2018. As there is no way for Dev to compile this stock with newer patched and there is no custom ROMs like lineage OS for watches than there is no way to update it beyond what manufacturer have.

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015
has anyone successfully used this watch as nfc reader? When putting an nfc tag near the watch, I can see in the system logcat that it is in fact detecting that there is a tag present, however I tried using this app: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sm...tagrelay-automate-life-scanning-tags-t3222332 and nothing seems to trigger, not even the NFC permissions required. I also tried to debug nfc by sideloading nfc reader/info apps on the watch, but none of them are "android wear" compatible, so they all crash when trying to launch them

Lord Sithek

hi all ,i need stock rom complete sawshark flashable to change this rom,
You can download stock Android 8 from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwtOBmz-01a2EjLFdFnbGi8pqOGEeOCa/view

It's not flashable with recovery, you need to use bootloader. This is the guide I copied:

For Sawshark Devices: (or if you were having trouble executing the flash-all file successfully. NOTE: There's a missing image
file in the Sawshark stock file, so the flash-all file will not run successfully.)
Go to the folder where you extracted the stock image file and extract the zip file that's there.
Then go to the command line and type in the following:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot

But... why going back to stock? This rom is definitely better

ah3703

Mar 22, 2010
You can download stock Android 8 from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwtOBmz-01a2EjLFdFnbGi8pqOGEeOCa/view

It's not flashable with recovery, you need to use bootloader. This is the guide I copied:

For Sawshark Devices: (or if you were having trouble executing the flash-all file successfully. NOTE: There's a missing image
file in the Sawshark stock file, so the flash-all file will not run successfully.)
Go to the folder where you extracted the stock image file and extract the zip file that's there.
Then go to the command line and type in the following:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot

But... why going back to stock? This rom is definitely better
hi i have try this (You can download stock Android 8 from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwtOBmz-01a2EjLFdFnbGi8pqOGEeOCa/view)but always stuck in huawei logo
i think original most stable with no bug

Lord Sithek

Lord Sithek

Hi all,

Might be a dumb q, but has anyone had luck getting GPay working with Busybox/Magisk recently (Dec 2020)?
Safety net checks pass but GPay gets stuck (more like not proceeding) on setting it up.

I have followed https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/working-magisk-with-google-pay-as-of-gms-17-1-22-on-pie.3929950/ but to no avail :(
Are you sure you are on a proper thread? Instructions from the link you posted are for Pie, and this watch runs Oreo... Besides they concern phones rather that watches.

Anyway, I use stable Magisk (20.4) and with Magisk Hide enabled GPay is working fine

Lord Sithek

Should i use lastest version of twrp or this from this thread? After I had all installed it worked but now it crashes when booting to recovery
You can use TWRP from this thread. But I've never actually flashed it, I just always boot to it, because flashing gave me troubles (although other users had no issues). Look at this post and before to get some insight:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does this work fine without busybox / root? I have no desire to root a watch and would rather not have to fiddle to get GPay to work.

To be clear, I'm only doing this at all because the watch is so slow that it is unusable in its current state. I know what I'm doing having flashed multiple phones before.

Quick note: instructions unclear, how do you boot to bootloader while TWRP is installed if you're not supposed to make TWRP persistent?

Last edited:

Lord Sithek

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does this work fine without busybox / root? I have no desire to root a watch and would rather not have to fiddle to get GPay to work.

To be clear, I'm only doing this at all because the watch is so slow that it is unusable in its current state. I know what I'm doing having flashed multiple phones before.

Quick note: instructions unclear, how do you boot to bootloader while TWRP is installed if you're not supposed to make TWRP persistent?
Sure, it can run without Magisk. Definitly will make your watch smoother. Check my reply on Reddit :)

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I just got hold of the BT version of this to tinker with..
Can i just ask a couple of Q's to be 100%

1. Unlock bootloader 1st
2. Boot into recovery instead of flash using fastboot boot recovery.img?
3. Backup stock or can i just download a version thats already been uploaded?
4. Can i format/erase all and sideload the image?
5. Does the image (ROM) include the Kernel?
6. Is root really necessary? What would be the advantage of having it?

Thanks in advance :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the January 22nd update update the android 8 version?
    I don't know what you mean exactly, but the January 22th update was based on Android 8 and it was the last update for this watch
    [HUAWEI WATCH 2 (LTE/4G-Sawshark) & (Bluetooth/BT-Sawfish)-OWDE.180926.001.A1]​
    INTERNATIONAL VERSION

Please read the instructions and notes before flashing anything. Don't ask me if you don't read the instructions.

Code:
    ###Disclaimer###
    [COLOR="Red"][B]WARNING: 
    IMPROPER FLASHING MAY POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. SO PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. ME OR ANY OTHER DEVELOPER MENTIONED IN THIS POST WILL ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS.[/B][/COLOR]

DONATE ME HERE

DONATE-ME

##############################
    REQUIREMENT

- An Unlock bootloader
    - Working adb/fastboot and driver - Download from Here
    - A custom recovery (twrp) See my twrp thread for custom twrp recovery
    TWRP-RECOVERY

HOW TO FLASH KERNEL/BOOT IMAGE

- Steps via adb/fastboot
    - Unzip the folder and move the boot image into your adb/fastboot folder and apply the following commands
    Code:
    - adb devices
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot reboot

HOW TO FLASH THE ROM AND ROOT

1- Move the build/ROM and Busybox and Magisk to your watch
    2- Make a backup - there's always 1% chance something goes wrong.
    3- Full wipe is recommended....Wipe data/Factory reset
    4- Flash the ROM, then flash Busybox and Magisk (Please flash in this order, ROM, then Busybox and Magisk)
    5- Reboot and complete your initial setting
    6- Open Magisk Manager and go to settings and set Automatic Response to Grant
    7- Done. Don't forget to donate if you like my work, Thanks.

ROM AND KERNEL FEATURES [22-Jan-2020]

[Changelog]-Huawei Watch 2 LTE(Sawshark)+Huawei Watch 2 BT(Sawfish)-[22/Jan/2019]

- Based on latest kernel source (-Source 3.18.24) android-wear with latest security patch
    - Linux version 3.18.24 (gcc version 4.9.3 20141215 (prerelease) (UBER-SaberMod-4.9.3_arm-graphite)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 22 9:45:39 CET 2020
    - Forced-encryption disabled
    - dm-verity removed/disabled
    - Auto memory killer set to default
    - Sepolicy is patched
    - Fix the CPU idle latency unvote timeout. It should reduce the wasting power and CPU go to deep idle states immediately after a request
    - Add and use a timer frequency of 100 Hz. It should improve power consumption.
    - Add and update/Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK. USE MAGISK TO HIDE ROOT. U may need Gpay enabler
    - Remove verifiedbootstate flag from /proc/cmdline - Disable CRC check
    - Scheduler optimize/support for heterogeneous multi-core
    - Scheduler support for heterogeneous multi-processor systems
    - Enable all core with scaling_available_frequencies (200000 400000 533333 800000 1094400 1267200 MHz)- scaling down the frequency of the CPUs to 200 MHz during idl mode and rise the freq. to 1.26Ghz during high pressure.
    - Set swappiness to 60
    - Change zswap max pool % to 20%. It will reduce CPU usage a lot
    - Enable zram & zswap and add 256MB virtual memory default. It will speed up the device a lot
    - Removed nolog usage, remove rtb logging from the kernel
    - Remove selinux auditing from kernel for lower overhead
    - Remove IPC logging from the kernel
    - Disabled some kernel parameter to speed up the performance- at the cost of battery/ power consumption
    - Remove some logging from several drivers
    - Improve memory allocations -Should improve the device a lot
    - Add some tweaks to improve the overall speed, apps startup are too faster
    - Set zswap compressor to lz4 by default
    - APM driver updated again to reduce battery usage during sleeping
    - Several other patches to reduce battery usage
    - Multi-core scheduler enable/optimized
    - APM driver updated reduce battery usage during sleeping
    - Fix the wake up time. The screen should wake up more quickly when pressing the button.
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPUs or idling them,
    - A lot subsystems converted to use power efficient workqueue
    - The watch goes to sleep during no action in order to save battery
    - Remove debug event logging-Kill the useless logging to reduce overhead
    - Remove sync debug entirely to cut down CPU waste in the frame render hot path
    - Remove 10 ms CPU idle latency unvote timeout- Doesn't force the CPU to stay out of deep idle states for far longer than necessary, which wastes power
    - Disable audit support, usually comes with a measurably significant amount of overhead
    - Remove audit dependency

NOTE: THERE IS NO NEED TO FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL IF YOU FLASH THE LATEST ROM.

DOWNLOAD

[Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE]+[Huawei Watch BT][22-Jan]
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    WO0FVexxQnrtcODYdmNvnQ

MAGISK/BUSYBOX/APP-KERNEL-CONTROL

DOWNLOAD LATEST MAGISK FROM HERE
    DOWNLOAD LATEST BUSYBOX FROM HERE
    KERNEL CONTROL APP WEAR OS
    How to get the Gpay back...
    1-https://pastebin.com/HKV7cj7H
    2-https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013/page172
    3-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxGfNxRjo4&t=320s
    4-https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79637148&postcount=1720

HOW TO FLASH THE STOCK IMAGES-(BACK TO STOCK)

1- Download and unzip the system image below
    2- Attach the watch charger to the watch and plug the USB cord (from the charger) into your computer
    3- Use the following adb command to start the watch in fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
    4- On your computer, navigate to the directory where you unzipped the system image in Step 1. At the top level of that directory, execute the flash-all script:
    - On Linux or MacOS, type ./flash-all.sh
    - On Windows, type flash-all.bat
    5 -DONE. Don't forget to donate if you like my work, Thanks.

STOCK-IMAGES-HUAWEI-WATCH-2-LTE-LEO-DLXX-OWDE.180215.017-SAWSHARK-(13/Oct/2018)
    STOCK-IMAGES-HUAWEI-WATCH-2-BT-LEO-BX9-OWDD.180215.018-SAWFISH-(22/7/2018)

Source/GitHub
    -Source

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT ME TO CONTINUE, THEN BUY ME A SHOT OF WHISKY
    DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

Special thanks to:
    If you can, donate and respect all the devs and enjoy :)
    @Chainfire for great work in android
    @Maxr1998 Big thanks for giving me knowledge and your great work for Asus Zenwatch_3 and your great github guide. Please thank and donate him for all his efforts
    @topjohnwu for his great effort (Magisk)Thank you so much
    @SuperR.R for the great kitchen
    @Xmaster24 for system-less root-
    @moneytoo for his great app. Please appreciate and donate him
    Pay Enabler
    @SuperThomasLab for great tools
    Please always support devs and others (soon).
    I am going to upload another ROM with a new kernel..compiled from latest source. Hopefully very soon. Need to test the ROM and the battery usage first.
    Finally- Here is a new ROM+KERNEL for [Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE + Huawei Watch 2 Bluetooth]

ENJOY- THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR DONATIONS. I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT

Changelog-22-Jan-2020:

- Based on latest kernel source (-Source 3.18.24) android-wear with latest security patch
    - Linux version 3.18.24 (gcc version 4.9.3 20141215 (prerelease) (UBER-SaberMod-4.9.3_arm-graphite)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 22 9:45:39 CET 2020
    - Auto memory killer set to default
    - Sepolicy is patched
    - Fix the CPU idle latency unvote timeout. It should reduce the wasting power and CPU go to deep idle states immediately after a request
    - Add and update/Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK. USE MAGISK TO HIDE ROOT. U may need Gpay enabler
    - Enable all core with scaling_available_frequencies (200000 400000 533333 800000 1094400 1267200 MHz)- scaling down the frequency of the CPUs to 200 MHz during idl mode and rise the freq. to 1.26Ghz during high pressure.
    - Set swappiness to 60
    - Enable zram & zswap and add 256MB virtual memory default. It will speed up the device a lot
    - Removed nolog usage, remove rtb logging from the kernel
    - Remove selinux auditing from kernel for lower overhead
    - Remove IPC logging from the kernel
    - Disabled some kernel parameter to speed up the performance- at the cost of battery/ power consumption
    - Remove some logging from several drivers
    - Improve memory allocations -Should improve the device a lot
    - Add some tweaks to improve the overall speed, apps startup are too faster
    - Fix the wake up time. The screen should wake up more quickly when pressing the button.
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPUs or idling them,
    - The watch goes to sleep during no action in order to save battery
    - Remove debug event logging-Kill the useless logging to reduce overhead
    - Remove sync debug entirely to cut down CPU waste in the frame render hot path
    - Remove 10 ms CPU idle latency unvote timeout- Doesn't force the CPU to stay out of deep idle states for far longer than necessary, which wastes power
    - Disable audit support, usually comes with a measurably significant amount of overhead
    - Remove audit dependency

###################
    DOWNLOAD: LATEST- 22 January 2020
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    Code:
    WO0FVexxQnrtcODYdmNvnQ
    ###################

###################
    How to get the Gpay back...
    ###################

1-https://pastebin.com/HKV7cj7H
    2-https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013/page172
    3-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxGfNxRjo4&t=320s
    4-https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79637148&postcount=1720

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT TO BUY ME A COFFEE
    DONATE-ME-HERE
    I would like to thank you all for your generous donation. Thank you very much for supporting me. I really appreciate that. It will give me more energy to bring something nicer for your device in future.

I will probably spend these donation to pay for the storage (online storage) for uploading the zips as well to buy a new harddisk for my PC.

Once again, thank you for your generous donation.
    https://www.paypal.me/JANJANXDA
    paypal.me/JANJANXDA

Hello everyone,
    Finally I am done with latest ROM and kernel for Huawei Watch 2 4G and BT. This ROM+kernel are designed to bring a new life as well as excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day! You can really feel the speed and smoothness with this ROM.

ROM AND KERNEL FEATURES [3-Sep-2019]

[Changelog]-Huawei Watch 2 LTE(Sawshark)+Huawei Watch 2 BT(Sawfish)-[3/Sep/2019]

- Based on latest kernel source with latest security patch
    - Linux version 3.18.24 (gcc version 4.9.3 20141215 (prerelease) (UBER-SaberMod-4.9.3_arm-graphite)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 3 10:38:15 CEST 2019
    - Sepolicy is patched
    - Add and update/Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK. USE MAGISK TO HIDE ROOT.

HOW TO FLASH THE ROM

0- Boot into TWRP
    1- Move the build/ROM and Busybox and Magisk to your watch
    2- Make a backup - there's always 1% chance something goes wrong.
    3- Full wipe is recommended....Wipe data/Factory reset
    4- Flash the ROM, then flash Busybox and Magisk (Please flash in this order, ROM, then Busybox and Magisk)
    5- Reboot and complete your initial setting
    6- Open Magisk Manager and go to settings and set Automatic Response to Grant
    7- Done. Don't forget to donate if you like my work, Thanks.

DOWNLOAD

[Huawei Watch 2 4G/LTE][3-SEP]
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    IJI19eFoasakCJGzuhu86A

[Huawei Watch BT][3-SEP]
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    s7uTDVuqOgBqping45_dng

https://www.paypal.me/JANJANXDA
    paypal.me/JANJANXDA