• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Kernel][Official][6.0.1/7.x][Grouper N7 2012][F2FS/EXT4][OTG] Beanstalk ROM

Search This thread

Ahkah

Jun 24, 2014
(..) I guess it's an American second ;)

In America there is a first second and a second second, and the second second is 2,54 (or 2.54) times the first one, and minutes come first, and then seconds., and hours come last, and do not forget that there are only 30 seconds, and the 31st is called ph (past half minute), so in fact fourty seconds and five minutes past noon is written as 05:10ph:12pm. But this is only true if not at sea, in that case one must multiply all these values with about 1.852, depending on moon phase.

OmgItsHeaven

Feb 5, 2017
Overclock

Could you possibly add an 2ghz oc Kernel. and maybe an overclock on the gpu.

Bugs:
My tablet wont overclock to 1700mhz it will just not go there it gets stuck at 1500

krassermensch

May 27, 2014
Lindach /\ Würzburg
Could you possibly add an 2ghz oc Kernel. and maybe an overclock on the gpu.

Bugs:
My tablet wont overclock to 1700mhz it will just not go there it gets stuck at 1500
On the one hand 2 GHz wouldn't increase the performance very much, on the other hand it wouldn't be recommendable as the SoC wasn't built to clock that high. You'd face heavy overheating. The CPU can be overclocked to 1.7 GHz if you configure it in the Performance Control app. However, even if you configure it to clock up to 1.7 GHz it will only do that in single core mode to prevent overheating. If 2, 3 or 4 cores are active the maximum is set to 1.5 GHz. That's not a bug. Also, inside the Performance Control app you can set the max GPU clock to whatever you like. Hopefully I will find some time to make a new build based on Nougat very soon. There's a lot that needs to be configured and most of the time I have is spent on HTC 10 development. Anyway, I won't forget to work on the N7. Don't matter ;)

Reactions: gameboybin

gameboybin

Apr 17, 2014
My WiFi is also disconnecting and reconnecting

I got this problem also, anyone fixed it, i think its because the 6.0.1 ver of nexus. I'm now using cyanogenmod 13 got the same issues

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

i cannot somehow reinstall the gapps that goes with the rom. The Rom have already Gapps installed, which is now pretty old and now getting errors like "unfortunately google play service has stopped", the "google play is not working". And i cannot connect my account to chrome. Anybody help pls !!!

ibisal

Feb 27, 2012
sound issues

Great rom, i must say.
One thing: after playing ~0.5h of any game/app (tidal/spotify) I've got a sound issues, its laggy and not synchronized.
I've disabled: calendar, google music and mail.
Greenify installed but its not hibernating any of system process.

Update: after upgrading to latest version the problem in no more :)

Last edited:

reynard80

Oct 26, 2010
Does this ROM support simultaneous OTG and charging? What is OTG mode in this ROM?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2017
Raipur
Questions Before Installing Please Answer :

1. Will i need to convert to f2fs or ext4 installation via twrp will work too ?
2. Wifi problem still there or not ?
3. Gapps pico version or latest which you've provided will work too ?
Please let me know thank you.

krassermensch

May 27, 2014
Lindach /\ Würzburg
1. Will i need to convert to f2fs or ext4 installation via twrp will work too ?
2. Wifi problem still there or not ?
3. Gapps pico version or latest which you've provided will work too ?
Please let me know thank you.
I'd recommend you to wait some more before flashing. I made a new build. Without GApps there are 79MB left on the system partition so even the core GApps are too big. I still need to do some testing to reduce the size of the ROM. What a shame that grouper was delivered with such a small system partition. Of course resizing would be an option but I won't play with grouper's partitions that deeply. I'll upload a small GApps package and a Nougat based Beanstalk package which you can flash when it's finalized and uploaded. The kernel supports f2fs as well as ext4 and the fstab is configured to support ext4 on all partitions whereas f2fs is supported on the cache and the data partitions. As a result it's up to you if you want to use f2fs or ext4 on the data and cache partitions. Just make sure the other partitions are formated as ext4. Furthermore I don't experience any Wifi issues on the Nougat based build I'm running currently. Expect the new ROM in the upcoming days ;)

Mar 1, 2017
Raipur
I'd recommend you to wait some more before flashing. I made a new build. Without GApps there are 79MB left on the system partition so even the core GApps are too big. I still need to do some testing to reduce the size of the ROM. What a shame that grouper was delivered with such a small system partition. Of course resizing would be an option but I won't play with grouper's partitions that deeply. I'll upload a small GApps package and a Nougat based Beanstalk package which you can flash when it's finalized and uploaded. The kernel supports f2fs as well as ext4 and the fstab is configured to support ext4 on all partitions whereas f2fs is supported on the cache and the data partitions. As a result it's up to you if you want to use f2fs or ext4 on the data and cache partitions. Just make sure the other partitions are formated as ext4. Furthermore I don't experience any Wifi issues on the Nougat based build I'm running currently. Expect the new ROM in the upcoming days ;)

Gapps provided with the package are fully stable and are working like a charm for me.
Tried it for 2 days extensively for almost everything which can be done with this tab ( Nexus 7 wifi 2012 grouper) with the rom you provided and installed. Here's what i'd like to share with anyone who's in doubt whether to install or not and my personal opinions which are as following :
1. Hassle free and very easy installation of beanstalk rom provided by krassermensch and i used g apps too provided by him with the rom and both of them work flawlessly.
2. No lag issues after installation even played Real Racing 3 (i have a ****ty net and could only try one game for seeing heating and lag) and it worked great just a slight heating but not so much that which could actually harm the device.
3. No problems faced in installing SuperSu and then updating binaries after installing rom and gapps provided..
4. No issues with sync your google or any other accounts added , anything and everything from App Data to drive , contacts or keep everything is in sync and works great.
5. I think it has helped me to stabalize my battery too. As after this new rom installtion i have seen a increase in duration for which my battery lasts and charging is quicker than before.Earlier i had cm12.1 lollipop.
6. No sound issues, tried headphones, and speakers are fine too audio fx provided gives amazing control. Installed viper too for testing it works fine as well without any issues.
7. Xposed and GL Tools are fully functional and working too, optimisation of real racing 3 with GL Tools was done successfully to test it.
8. No wifi issues , like other users mentioned about wifi disconnecting and connecting on its own nothing like that in my case..

Something i would like to reccomend if you want to resurrect your device because all the roms you have got till now are ****ty and have brought few more bugs in your device then install this rom and guys i can't put more stress on the fact that :
1. "FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY GIVEN BY KRASSERMENSCH"
2. DON'T USE ANY OTHER GAPPS FROM OTHER SOURCES ONES WHICH ARE PROVIDED IN PACKAGE WORKS GREAT.

Something i wanted to ask :[Q] I'm new to this forum so can you please tell me how will i know when you release your nougat based rom.Please let me know about it.

Thanks a lot krassermensch this is by far the most stable rom i've ever had. I can say 100% stable looking forward to try nougat based build after doing a full nandroid backup ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170304-125739.png
    Screenshot_20170304-125739.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20170304-130158.png
    Screenshot_20170304-130158.png
    73 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20170304-130259.png
    Screenshot_20170304-130259.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20170304-130350.jpg
    Screenshot_20170304-130350.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

jdooley44

Mar 9, 2013
Thank you!

Thank you, your work is awesome. So far, this ROM is great! Flashed, installed, and running very smoothly with no issues.

One weird thing - will charge on AC with stock USB cable into 2.1a charger, but charges at USB speed with OTG y cable. This same y cable kept the tablet charged while I was using USBROM with Timurs kernel.

So yeah, I'm going for a car install. The USBROM was awesome for power mgmt. How can I use Beanstalk to go into deep sleep and not lose charge overnight, when car is not running thus no charging?

krassermensch

May 27, 2014
Lindach /\ Würzburg
Thx for great work man!
Can i flash the rom with 3.0.2.0 version of twrp?
Yes, it does. And for those who are wondering why there's still no Nougat: I didn't have much free time and I'm not statisfied by the overall performance of the first builds I made, thus I haven't published it so far. Furthermore it's hard to make the ROM and the GApps fit in the system partition due to its small size. A real shame it's that small. Depending on the free time I'll have in the upcoming days I will publish a build sooner or later.

Reactions: dirtyreturn

ktm_beast

Mar 29, 2017
Thank you for awesome work

Yes, it does. And for those who are wondering why there's still no Nougat: I didn't have much free time and I'm not statisfied by the overall performance of the first builds I made, thus I haven't published it so far. Furthermore it's hard to make the ROM and the GApps fit in the system partition due to its small size. A real shame it's that small. Depending on the free time I'll have in the upcoming days I will publish a build sooner or later.

I really appreciate that someone in nowadays are making such usefull roms and kernels for old nexus 7
Your rom is absolutely perfect
If you will create nougat rom in future it would be great !:good:

Ahkah

Jun 24, 2014
I really appreciate that someone in nowadays are making such usefull roms and kernels for old nexus 7
Your rom is absolutely perfect
If you will create nougat rom in future it would be great !:good:

Not everything newer is automatically better. The Nougat notification design is horrible and also broken from the developer view.

ktm_beast

Mar 29, 2017
Some problems

Man i faced some problems
1. I can`t download any files from my browsers (chrome/opera) maybe cuz i deleted stock browser
2. I have 32 gb of storage , but in settings i can see only 8 :\
Do not hesitate to answer me :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Krassermensch (that's me:D)
    is pleased to present you official Beanstalk builds for our beloved
    Nexus 7 2012 WiFi

I'm not that kind of big thread writer. So I'll try to keep it short. Also keep in mind that I'm not responsible for any damage that will occur to your device although it's almost impossible to break your device. If there are any problems appearing to you feel free to ask for help. Although I'd really like you to read the whole post :D

Features:

compiled using UberTC for best user experience

LineageOS based

PIE

Built in Task Manager switcher

OnTheGo Mode

App Circle bar

System UI Tuner

Quicker system animations

Trimmed down fat and excess bloat

Option to enable all widgets

Numerous extra lockscreen options

LCD Density

Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v

Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v

3-minit battery support

Clock and date options

Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic

Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar

Do not disturb option

Show notification count

Recent screen options

Customizable navigation bar

Use Omniswitch as default recents

Built-in screen record

Toast animations

App Circle bar

Gesture Anywhere

Disable FC warnings

Disable Immersive message

Force expanded Notifications

Configure scrolling cache

Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred

Less frequent Notification sounds options

CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows

Enable/disable wake up on charge option

Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu

LOS Performance options and features

Hide superuser icon

Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default

Wakelock Blocker

Custom Snap Camera which works much better than AOSP

New Kernel Control

Gello browser

My own custom kernel including CPU OC and UV, GPU OC, DT2W, F2FS support, OTG support and such things:D

many many more

Bugs:

None I could find but you tell me ;)

Flash instructions

1. make sure you have a current TWRP installed (3.1.0.0)
    ---> feel free to ask how to flash it if you don't know how
    2. Download current Beanstalk ROM package to your device:
    Download Marshmallow
    Download Nougat
    3. Download my Gapps (recommended as they work the best and are clean):
    Download Marshmallow
    Download Nougat
    --> I really don't recommend any other GApps package as I configured the package to work with our grouper perfectly, any other package would probably cause issues due to the small system partition
    4. Reboot to recovery (Turn off your device, press Power & Vol- and choose Recovery)
    5. Wipe system, data, dalvik/art cache and cache partitions (optionally use f2fs)
    6. Install ROM, then GApps (don't install any additional system mod if u use GApps as there's no space for it)

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Credits:
    scott.hart.bti -- the main beanstalk developer
    daniel_hk -- I cherry-picked some commits from his Github
    krassermensch -- me
    Beanstalk team for supporting me
    All the CustomROMs Beanstalk's code is based on (watch Beanstalk sources)
    please consider donating to these people as well :D

Source:
    My Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    Beanstalk ROM for Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    krassermensch, scott.hart.bti
    Source Code: https://github.com/scotthartbti/android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-02-11
    Last Updated 2017-04-26
    Update

Here it is, guys, the Nougat update. It took quite much time until I could make everything fit into the small system partition of grouper. Finally I got it so here it is.

ROM:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120724154

GApps:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862719179

Have fun using it! Looking forward to your reviews now. Anyway, I have to sleep now, maybe a first feedback tomorrow morning? ;)
    Beanstalk 6.19 update

Ok guys, the build as well as the GApps are updated now. You can find the download in the first post of this thread. Keep in mind that I rebuilt everything. I recommend doing a clean flash although a dirty flash should work, too.

What's new:
    - changed the default browser to Gello
    - added OTG support
    - added USB as an additional sound device
    - latest Cyanogenmod updates and fixes

Looking forward to your reviews. Happy flashing ;)
    Update to Beanstalk 6.08

I updated Beanstalk to version 6.08
    I updated the GApps some days ago (cleanest GApps for CM-ROMs, kept minimal)
    I customized the ROM's stock kernel (voltage control, CPU OC...)

Have fun trying it out, looking forward to your reviews :D
    INDEX

This Thread has been added to this INDEX-Thread:

Thank you for this Thread!