[ROM][Kernel][Official][7.1.1] Beanstalk 7

Search This thread

krassermensch

May 27, 2014
Lindach /\ Würzburg
I can proudly present to you
Official Beanstalk Nougat Builds for the HTC 10

Beanstalk is a ROM created by scotthartbti. It's packed with the latest features in addition to the stock CM features and provides the user a clean interface. Just to name some of the features of the ROM:

Cyanogenmod based
Built-in Task Manager switcher
OnTheGo Mode
App Circle bar
System UI Tuner
Quicker system animations
Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
Option to enable all widgets
Numerous extra lock screen options
LCD Density
Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
Custom BeanStalk boot animation by skyliner33v
3-minit battery support
Clock and date options
Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic
Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
Do not disturb option
Show notification count
Recent screen options
Customizable navigation bar
Use Omniswitch as default recent
Built-in screen record
Toast animations
App Circle bar
Gesture Anywhere
Disable FC warnings
Disable Immersive message
Force expanded Notifications
Configure scrolling cache
Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
Less frequent Notification sounds options
CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
Enable/disable wake up on charge option
Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
CM Performance options and features
Hide superuser icon
Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build.. baked into the*
awesomeness of existing CM layout.

Flash instructions:
  1. Download the ROM
  2. Download ARM64 OpenGApps for Android 7.1: Download
  3. Push the files to your SD-Card
  4. Reboot to TWRP
  5. Wipe system, data, cache and ART cache
  6. Flash the ROM
  7. Flash the GApps
  8. Reboot to your system
  9. You're done: you have a fresh installation of Beanstalk 7 ;)

Credits:
scott.hart.bti for creating Beanstalk
crpalmer for contributing a lot to the HTC 10 Custom ROM scene
Me for maintaining the source trees of Beanstalk for the HTC 10 and compiling the ROM :)

Sources:
Kernel
Vendor
Device
ROM

BTW, I'm uploading my builds to xda so the ROM will be available in some hours. Sorry but I have quite a slow bandwidth...

XDA:DevDB Information
Beanstalk 7 for HTC 10, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
krassermensch
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-19
Last Updated 2017-03-13

Last edited:

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice!!

Seems like we have several options in the custom ROM scene (outside of stock based ROMs)!!!

Does this include OMS/Substratum by any chance? As far as I'm aware, CMTE isnt currently working on CM14.1?

Sent from my G4 using XDA Labs

Reactions: lakings82

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
*schnarch* Neuland *schnarch*

I like.

Anyone tried in Multirom with MM firmware?
Leedroids 7.0 build is working fine, what about CM14?

I'm sure it'll flash fine I'll try it later. MultiROM the Resurrection RR (AOSP) and the Viper 4.3.1 (Sense) flash fine. I'm still on Viper 3.5 (Marshmallow) and 1.9.x firmware. S-ON USA Unlocked.

Can we have a list of what they are? I haven't played much with the Nougat ROMs until last night. I know what was a problem with the MM based ROMs that weren't stock-based but what's the issues on Nougat with these ROMs?

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Mainly fingerprint sensor not working. So I use Onscreen buttons now. That's because of MM firmware.

P.S damn Stock ROMs are bloated...
f60043e9fddc3f737dd73d578193f189.jpg

Oh...
And charging uses QC2.0 with 9V instead of qc3

krassermensch

May 27, 2014
Lindach /\ Würzburg
Mainly fingerprint sensor not working. So I use Onscreen buttons now. That's because of MM firmware.

P.S damn Stock ROMs are bloated...

Oh...
And charging uses QC2.0 with 9V instead of qc3
Yep, u need Nougat Firmware for fingerprint to work. I'm also S-On but using a RUU I could upgrade the firmware. The signed firmware itsself isn't extractable from the image, pitty...
And yes, you're right. All the source built ROMs for HTC 10 use QC 2.0. This can be changed in the kernel but I don't like playing around with such values since my phone is in huge danger if I do so...

krassermensch

May 27, 2014
Lindach /\ Würzburg
I'm sure it'll flash fine I'll try it later. MultiROM the Resurrection RR (AOSP) and the Viper 4.3.1 (Sense) flash fine. I'm still on Viper 3.5 (Marshmallow) and 1.9.x firmware. S-ON USA Unlocked.

Can we have a list of what they are? I haven't played much with the Nougat ROMs until last night. I know what was a problem with the MM based ROMs that weren't stock-based but what's the issues on Nougat with these ROMs?
MTP not working
Magnet detection of Ice View case not working
LED settings don't work
SELinux needs to be permissive
Bluetooth headsets do not work for voice calls
Fingerprint sensor does only work with N firmware
Live Display doesn't work

Here you go ;)

Last edited:

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey @krassermensch,

I've installed your ROM this morning and it's working smoothly. I've noticed a few things so far (more cosmetic than bugs)

1) In settings there is a "Notifications" and "Notification & QS drawer". These could be combined together?
2) in the Display settings you have LiveDisplay and Night Light. I think this is effectively the same thing so doesn't need to be duplicated? LiveDisplay isn't working but this is an issue in the source code not your implementation of it.
3) Navigation has some overlap with Buttons around the navbar settings.

Really good work overall.

A question I did have is whether you would be willing to add F2FS support?

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can proudly present to you
    Official Beanstalk Nougat Builds for the HTC 10

Beanstalk is a ROM created by scotthartbti. It's packed with the latest features in addition to the stock CM features and provides the user a clean interface. Just to name some of the features of the ROM:

Cyanogenmod based
    Built-in Task Manager switcher
    OnTheGo Mode
    App Circle bar
    System UI Tuner
    Quicker system animations
    Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
    Option to enable all widgets
    Numerous extra lock screen options
    LCD Density
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk boot animation by skyliner33v
    3-minit battery support
    Clock and date options
    Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic
    Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    Do not disturb option
    Show notification count
    Recent screen options
    Customizable navigation bar
    Use Omniswitch as default recent
    Built-in screen record
    Toast animations
    App Circle bar
    Gesture Anywhere
    Disable FC warnings
    Disable Immersive message
    Force expanded Notifications
    Configure scrolling cache
    Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    Less frequent Notification sounds options
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    CM Performance options and features
    Hide superuser icon
    Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
    Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build.. baked into the*
    awesomeness of existing CM layout.

Flash instructions:
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Download ARM64 OpenGApps for Android 7.1: Download
    3. Push the files to your SD-Card
    4. Reboot to TWRP
    5. Wipe system, data, cache and ART cache
    6. Flash the ROM
    7. Flash the GApps
    8. Reboot to your system
    9. You're done: you have a fresh installation of Beanstalk 7 ;)

Credits:
    scott.hart.bti for creating Beanstalk
    crpalmer for contributing a lot to the HTC 10 Custom ROM scene
    Me for maintaining the source trees of Beanstalk for the HTC 10 and compiling the ROM :)

Sources:
    Kernel
    Vendor
    Device
    ROM

BTW, I'm uploading my builds to xda so the ROM will be available in some hours. Sorry but I have quite a slow bandwidth...

XDA:DevDB Information
    Beanstalk 7 for HTC 10, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    krassermensch
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-19
    Last Updated 2017-03-13
    Update

Good news, I made a new build and tested it. It works very well and I improved many things. I'd recommend you to make a clean flash. Just to name some of the improvements: updated my personal Kernel Adiutor build, switched some apps (Gallery, Mail, Camera...), many updates from lineage, added an Adreno-boost driver to my kernel...
    If you want some more detailed information check out my GitHub. Have fun exploring the build, guys ;)

Download
    Update

A small update before the new year starts! Main updates are longpress home support and a caf based kernel with some upstream patches. Everything else can be found in the changelog in the ROM's settings app. I haven't even tested this build so far as I didn't have the time to flash it. I'm uploading it to xda. So you'll be able to download it from the Downloads tab in one hour persumably. I leave home now for new year party so I'll test the build tomorrow and update the OP with the new ROM file by then if everything's fine. As always reviews are very welcome. Have fun trying out the new build and happy new year to all of you! ;)

Edit: Uploads to xda currently don't work for some reason. Maybe the same reason why some pics can't be loaded at the moment. I'll try to upload the file tomorrow again.
    Finally the new update. I had to switch to AFH though I'd have prefered to continue using XDA as main download page. Have fun ;)
    Download
    Sorry for not answering so long. I don't have a plan which supports volte so I can't test it. Maybe someone else can help out. Anyway, just wanted to mention the next build is about to be finalized. Everything I added works pretty well. I'm very statisfied. Expect an update on the weekend.
    Well, I guess that was the longest week ever as it has almost taken a month for the weekend to come. Furthermore it's monday, so it's not really weekend. Anyway, here it is the latest update I made. There are so many additions, improvements etc. that I can't really count them all. Check out my GitHub and you'll see what I did. Additionally there are the latest features of Beanstalk packaged right into the ROM. I hope you'll like it as much as I do. For those who want to improve their battery life without losing too much performance, I'd recommend to use the ondemand CPU governor as well as the Intellidemand solution by faux configurable in my custom Kernel Adiutor build which is also shiped with the ROM. The Snapdragon LLVM and UberTC which were used to build this ROM should finally add the the slight bit of efficiency we've missed so far. As always, I'd recommend a clean flash (wipe data, system, cache & ART cache) though dirty flashing should work as well. Additionally, I'd recommend the Nano package of OpenGApps. Google Assistant is enabled by default without the need to activate it via OpenGApps or any other method. Encryption is disabled by default but you can enable it in your settings app as soon as the ROM is installed and booted. F2FS is supported as well. All the other additions can be looked up on my GitHub. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Have fun using the new build now. Here it is ;)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120714826