[ROM][KERNEL][S2W][4.2.2]AOKP based - 20130820

Search This thread

sebbe312

Nov 3, 2012
Hey,

Where'd you find the font? I know it's the font from Andoid 4.3, and I've tried to Google it but it seems like none of the results I get are the same as the font used in this ROM. It looks simply awesome and simple!

You don't think you can upload the file containing the font as a .zip file or point me to the direct where you found it?

Cheers,
Sebastian

st@@tz

Jan 21, 2011
Its roboto thin.
And it's only awesome with an awesome display. Tried that on an s3. No go.
Problem is not the font but to set thin as default.

-.-. .-- -- / .. ... - / ...- --- .-.. .-.. / ..--- ----- .---- ..--- -.-.--

theevilworm

Oct 2, 2011
Hey maxwen, I've been using your ROM for 2 days now and love it. No lags, no stuttering, no reboots. Absolutely no major problem whatsoever - with one exception:
Something seems to be wrong with my phone's battery. I'm not sure whether this is caused by your ROM or if it's a hardware defect.

ugVKf.png

My phone needs about 5-6 hours to be fully charged using the Oppo wall charger. Also, I only have about 2.5h of display time before the battery is empty.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Hey maxwen, I've been using your ROM for 2 days now and love it. No lags, no stuttering, no reboots. Absolutely no major problem whatsoever - with one exception:
Something seems to be wrong with my phone's battery. I'm not sure whether this is caused by your ROM or if it's a hardware defect.

My phone needs about 5-6 hours to be fully charged using the Oppo wall charger. Also, I only have about 2.5h of display time before the battery is empty.

whats bad on 2.5h scree on on time?

you can try using smartmax_eps and UC to e.g. 1240000
if you dont play games on the phone

anders3408

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
So this is normal? I read about people having screen on times of 4 to 6 hours.
But a charging time of 6 hours is certainly not normal...

lets do math, 2500 mah battery , charge it with 500 mah, if everything is 100 % optimal, it would take 5 hours, thats never the case, so unless you are using fast charge , 1000 mah for charging it should take around 5 hours as the minimum.... .but again , dont use fast charge everytime you charge.. thats more hard for the battery and will make a shorter lifetime of the battery.

theevilworm

Oct 2, 2011
Anders, you're right when it comes to charging from your desktop or laptop. USB 2.0 has an output of 500mA. The Oppo wall charger that comes with the Find 5 has an output of 5V/1A, so by using that the phone should charge in 2.5 hours. Make that 3 for the reasons you mentioned. Still, I need 6h to charge completely, so about twice as much time.

michiil

May 28, 2013
Salzburg
Anders, you're right when it comes to charging from your desktop or laptop. USB 2.0 has an output of 500mA. The Oppo wall charger that comes with the Find 5 has an output of 5V/1A, so by using that the phone should charge in 2.5 hours. Make that 3 for the reasons you mentioned. Still, I need 6h to charge completely, so about twice as much time.

What cable are you using?
Try the one that came with your phone and it should be fine :)
Our phone needs the data pins shortend and there are cables around with just the supply pins. (The are thinner than normal usb cabels). If the pins are not shortend the pone will charge in usb mode (400mA) :)

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

juanjo7812

Aug 8, 2007

I'm still using the old chager from my HTC Desire (5V/1A) and my Oppo charges in about 3.5h. I'm not using the Oppo charger.

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
I'm still using the old chager from my HTC Desire (5V/1A) and my Oppo charges in about 3.5h. I'm not using the Oppo charger.

3.5 hours sounds about right. The internal charger reduces power to the battery as it approaches 4.2V. It should approach 80% relatively quickly. As for using fast charge or not, modern li-po batteries can often handle 2C without significant negative impact, at least when compared to charging at 1C.
I personally wouldn't worry about supplying 1A versus 500ma, charging at 1A will decrease the battery's lifespan compared to 500ma, but taking into account the expected lifespan it probably won't be that much of a difference.

leungclj

Feb 15, 2012
urgent help guys...

I just flashed 4.2 color rom, and I came back to AOKP, but the wifi doesn't work... I have flashed the 4.2 modem from the CM thread, but this doesnt fix the problem...

what am i doing wrong? please help, thanks...

st@@tz

Jan 21, 2011
U have to flash the 4.1 modem, not 4.2

-.-. .-- -- / .. ... - / ...- --- .-.. .-.. / ..--- ----- .---- ..--- -.-.--

Reactions: leungclj

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
I would need 3-5 trustable reliable testers :)

since there have been answful lot of changes throughout the complete
code EVERYTHING must be tested

so those volunteers should be able to go through every thing they
can think of and try everything possible to change or configure

they need to be able to report problems in an understandable way
and provide logs whenever needed.

So drop me a PM me if you are volunteering for this job ;)

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
Would that be 4.3 maxwen?
Yes I'm in love with your .3 build :D

If so I would be very glad to help and test for you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk 4

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
I would need 3-5 trustable reliable testers :)

since there have been answful lot of changes throughout the complete
code EVERYTHING must be tested

so those volunteers should be able to go through every thing they
can think of and try everything possible to change or configure

they need to be able to report problems in an understandable way
and provide logs whenever needed.

So drop me a PM me if you are volunteering for this job ;)

no need for more :)
thanks so far and stay tuned
I will contact all of you most prolly tonight

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Reactions: skdubg and CoopZor

Top Liked Posts