[ROM+KERNEL+TWRP][Ticwatch Pro(Catfish)(Catshark-4G)]+[Ticwatch C2(Skipjack)[9Aug20]

Search This thread

ChangeToTower

Sep 14, 2017
Hey thereJust bought a TicWatch Pro (old model, 2018) and installed this ROM. First, I tried the Beta version, as I like what "LITE" stands for (I guess, debloated ROM..). I followed the provided instructions carefully, and the watch was starting seemingly ok. But after a short moment, it turns off and reboots to the stock recovery menu. Any idea?

After that I could recover the device and flashed the standard custom ROM, together with Magisk, BusyBox and the GPay Fix. This works fine ao far. But when trying to add a card, a screen on the phone opens where I can add the card details. This then fails (because my phone is rooted obviously, so not a problem of this ROM here). But after some time, when trying to open the GPay app on the watch, it crashes, i.e. is stuck at the initial screen of the app ("set it up"). When clicking on that, a circle appears to load, but then it returns to the start screen. Any idea what this is? Used to work properly at the beginning, but not anymore..

Many thanks for all your hard effort, this ROM is really appreciated!

james.dougherty

Jan 20, 2021
Hi. I made a mistake installing TWRP. I missed the bit about having an unlocked bootloader. It installed two files and failed on the third. I rebooted and the watch will go into normal mode and is recognised by adb. However, I can no longer get into fastboot mode to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP properly. I have reset my phone through WearOS app, but it still doesn't bring back bootloader.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Don't worry - I discovered a way to fix it. Cheers

Last edited:

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
Good evening. I made a backup of my E2 system, boot and recovery before flashing this Rom but I forgot vendor :-( I've the update.zip that the watch downloads once the Rom is installed (compilation B3 to B8). I know it is possible to extract the vendor.img from the zip but sdat2img gives an error. Could someone tell me how to do it or upload the vendor.img or TWRP vendor backup of the PWDR...B8 compilation?
Thank you so much

ashankanand

May 29, 2008
hey get all the way to the twrp but the storage won't mount so I cant move files in windows so I tried to push the zips from adb then tried but still error I keep getting is cannot mount internal storage help !!!

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
What kernel setting enables the possibility to power the plugged in devices (eg. an external antenna) whereas that is enabled by default in phone kernels?

USB HID attack is already working so data is being passed there

Looks like it's not s power issue. Tried an external powered hub. Seems like hub is not working in there, even if all is enabled in kernel

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
Can't thank you enough JanJanfor making my watch new again. Just one small upgrade I am looking forward in future if its really possible, it is a quick gps and longer battery life by removing all of the mobvoi based app keeping stock wearos. I did donate whatever I could because you deserve it totally.

Serboy80

Feb 28, 2021
[QUOTE = "csalavr2, post: 83139917, member: 10983019"]
Помогите пожалуйста ticwatch pro сим карта заблокирована навсегда

Привет, народ
Я тоже не знаю лучшего места для написания. Я только что заблокировал свою сим-карту ticwatch pro 4g / lte навсегда. Я попытался активировать его и сохранил коды puk, предоставленные моей сетью при покупке esim. Поэтому я позвонил им, могут ли они открыть замок, но они ответили, что не видят никаких замков на самом esim, так что это, должно быть, часы ovn sim заблокированы, и они понятия не имеют, как открыть его снова. Если у вас есть идеи или предложения, пожалуйста, помогите. Я написал в mobvoi, но до сих пор не получил ответа. Спасибо за чтение.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Добрый день, вы разблокировали esim на ticwatch pro, если да, то как вы это сделали. Спасибо.
Взаимодействие с другими людьм

Serboy80

Feb 28, 2021
[QUOTE = "постоянное имя пользователя22, сообщение: 84246423, участник: 11383051"]
Есть ли планы получить root права на Ticwatch Pro 3?
[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Привет, подскажите как разблокировать или удалить заблокированный esim на ticwatch pro 4g eu.

Bigguns127

Feb 24, 2021
I's done, RootPayEnabler works great but by adding a (Revolut) card I'm getting a message.View attachment 5172629
Hi, i have same problem. Did you found some solutions?
I have my cards in gpay on phone, and if i want add them to watch, i get same screen on phone.
I already tried all janjan solution from second post, but nothing works.
I dont know if its problem on phone or watch.

Last edited:

Frodas

Mar 2, 2021
Hello. Can you upload a new link for BusyBox? It does not work anymore. And i can't install Magisk from zip file - it says invalid zip file.

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
janjan two problems if there is any future to it.

1. GPS takes a while to locate, I use NRC and I have to be open in field for GPS to be detected.
2. The lite edition to make watch more faster and longer battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand that I have to get a dock charger?
    Are there custom roms for my model?
    It seems you are using the original charger. It has only two pins and no data pins. No there is no custom ROM for ticwatchpro 3 yet. But maybe soon.
    Trying to flash Ticwatch-4G-EU-PWDD.190617.048-XDA-27-Jan-2020-LMKiller and now got loop boot. Is any chance to restore it? And it can not flash it because thinking it is catfish???
    I had the same situation, I recovered from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/netmatrix.772915/
    У меня была такая же ситуация, восстановился отсюда: https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/netmatrix.772915/
    Прочтите этот форум на странице 210. Here are the recovery files:
    Hello everyone, I wanted to know if this flash method works for my model:
    ticwatch pro 3 GPS rubifish????
    The flash process does not start.
    ThanksView attachment 5252553
    Which charger dock are u using? The original has only to pins for charge. This ROM is not for ticwatchpro 3.
    Any updates for Tic Watch Pro 2018?
    -[Ticwatch Pro 4G/LTE (EU) (Catshark)-PWDD.190617.059]-[30-5-2020]
    - [Ticwatch Pro 2020 (Catfish-Ext)-PMP2.191203.001]-[22-6-2020]
    - [Ticwatch Pro (Catfish)-PWDD.190617.074]-[09-8-2020]
    #############################
    - [Ticwatch Pro 4G/LTE (USA) (Catshark)-PWDD.190617.032]-[DISCONTINUED]-
    -[Ticwatch C2 (Skipjack)-PWDS.190618.001.B4]-[DISCONTINUED]
    -[Ticwatch E2 (Tunny)-PWDS.190618.001.B3]-[DISCONTINUED]
    #############################

Code:
    ****Disclaimer****
    [COLOR="Red"][B]WARNING:  IMPROPER FLASHING MAY POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. SO PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. ME OR ANY OTHER DEVELOPER MENTIONED IN THIS POST WILL ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS. I accepts no responsibility for any damage to your device. Please read the instructions and notes before flashing anything[/B][/COLOR]

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT TO BUY ME A COFFEE
    DONATE-ME-HERE
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/JANJANXDA

###################
    REQUIREMENTS
    ###################

- Ticwatch Pro, Ticwatch Pro 4G, Ticwatch Pro 2020 Ticwatch C2 and Ticwatch E2 ONLY INTERNATIONAL VERSION. It may also work on Chinese version too but I haven't test it personally.
    - An unlock bootloader, working driver and working adb/fastboot
    - You can download ADB/FASTBOOT from here Download: ADB/FASTBOOT
    - Custom recovery TWRP- (Se download section below)

###################
    HOW TO FLASH- STEPS
    ###################

(FOLLOW EITHER THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM MEGA FOLDER OR THE STEPS BELOW)

- Download the latest ROM, latest vendor, latest Magisk and busybox - (Everything are include in the MEGA folder)
    - Attach your watch to your PC and enable USB Debugging from settings menu. Ensure adb/fastboot is working. Please Google and see "how to enable debugging from settings menu".
    - Extract the vendor folder and go inside the folder (Here you will find vendor.img and twrp.img + other files)
    (You have to flash the vendor image and format userdata and cache)
    - Boot your watch into fastboot/bootloader mode by applying the following code.
    Code:
    - adb devices
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    - fastboot format userdata OR fastboot erase userdata
    - fastboot format cache OR fastboot erase cache
    - fastboot boot NAME-OF-THE-TWRP.img (Se the name of the twrp.img)

- Now move the ROM, Magisk and busybox to your watch.
    - Flash the ROM and reboot. If you prefer root then
    - Flash busybox and finally Magisk (IMPORTANT flash ROM, then Busybox and Magisk in this order)

NOTE
    - When rebooting your watch, IF a Prompt come up and asking about installing twrp bla.bla then un-mark both lines/ then click on DO Not Install
    - Let your device boot up, then connect your watch to your phone and finish the initial setting
    - Open Magisk Manager and go to settings and set Automatic Response to Grant, Uncheck updates and Superuser notifications to None
    - Reboot and enjoy

###################
    ROM AND KERNEL FEATURES-
    See latest changelog here
    ###################

DOWNLOAD
    [DECRYPTION KEY]
    Code:
    iZbWXMs8vabDW1szJz1hgg

OPTIONAL
    TO INSTALL KERNEL CONTROL APP WEAR OS
    Code:
    - Download the KernelAudiutor4Wear.apk from above link and move it to your adb folder.
    - adb devices
    - adb install KernelAudiutor4Wear.apk

MAGISK/BUSYBOX/APP-KERNEL-CONTROL
    DOWNLOAD LATEST MAGISK FROM HERE
    DOWNLOAD LATEST BUSYBOX FROM HERE
    KERNEL CONTROL APP WEAR OS

###################
    BACK TO STOCK ROM
    See Mega folder for Stock images
    Code:
    [[B]DECRYPTION KEY[/B]]
    iZbWXMs8vabDW1szJz1hgg
    [B][SIZE="4"]STEPS[/SIZE][/B]
    - fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    - fastboot flash vendor vendor.img 
    - fastboot flash system system.img
    - fastboot format userdata OR fastboot erase userdata
    - fastboot format cache OR fastboot erase cache
    - fastboot reboot
    ##############################
    Source/GitHub
    ##############################

-Source
    -Source
    -Source

###################
    DONATE-ME-HERE
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/JANJANXDA
    ###################

Special thanks to:
    If you can, donate and respect all the devs and enjoy :)
    @Maxr1998 Big thanks for giving me knowledge and your great work for Asus Zenwatch_3 and your great github guide.
    @topjohnwu for his great effort (Magisk)Thank you so much
    @SuperR.R for the great kitchen
    @YashdSaraf for the busybox (I edit a bit to make it work for Ticwatch-pro)
    Sultan Al Sawaf for his patch
    Mobvoi, Google and Qualcomm for providing us the kernel source.
    Please always support devs and others (soon).
    Performance Tips

Final Update
    Janjan has already included in the new rom all of these changes. So no need to keep reading this post.

I'll leave it here in case it helps someone with other type for smartwatch.

Great job @janjan keep it going.

------------------- Original Post -------------------------
    Here are my two cents on performance on this device.

The Problem
    Like in many android devices one of the main issues ( i learned this with old phones ) is the RAM and Swap.
    While switching apps or opening new ones the following events happen (please remember this is a linux based OS so all of this assumptions are based on Linux experience)

1. App open request happens
    2. Os checks if app is running if it is is switches to it
    2.a If app is in RAM it loads it from there
    2.b if its not it loads it from the swap to the RAM and then loads it from there (less expensive than reopening the app)
    3. If app is not running it start it (running all the initialization procedures that can be very expensive in some apps) and gets the app to RAM

Now, if at any point of that process the RAM is full, the OS will dump another app to Swap. If the swap is full the OS will dump another (least used app) completely out of the system stopping it and therefore having to reopen it entirely later on (expensive process).

Ok. Now that this is clear lets see the Ticwatch.
    The available RAM is less than 512Mb. After the system boots and all the Google services, google play, keyboard services, assistant, etc are loaded we end up with less than 100Mb available. Enough to open two apps. One of them being the launcher, "wearable.app". After this the thing start swapping. Right?.....Wrong!!!

See, there is no swap on the device. therefore opening any app will force another one out of the system completely stopping it and having to restart it later on (EXPENSIVE for CPU and Battery). This includes the wearable app. Your watchface.
    One of the apps really capable of doing this is Google Play since it just LOVES RAM. It will kick everythinbg out of RAM pretty much, including your watchface. And since it runs background processes (like app updating) the OS will find hard to kick Google Play out of RAM as well.

I will not post more examples and reasons why Swap is important. But I will post the solution

The solution
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Creating a swap file will allow us to extend the maximum amount of available RAM. We are aware that RAM disk is slow, and should be avoided at all cost, but in this case it is quite beneficial. Here is how to enable it

1. Have the custom ROM installed
    2. Have the latest kernel installed
    3. Have developer options enabled
    4. Have busybox and magisk installed

Run the following commands on your computer
    adb devices (device should show up there if properly connected)
    adb shell
    su (approve access on device itself)
    fallocate -l 256M /sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/swapfile
    mkswap /sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/swapfile
    swapon /sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/swapfile
    sysctl vm.swappiness=60

Now, some notes
    1. The 256Mb is a (so far) arbitrary number I came up with. Over monitoring it closely it seems that 256Mb is enough. Change this to your liking. You can check the amount of used swap by running the command top while in adb shell
    2. The selected swappinesss is the default for a desktop computer, it may require tweaking but so far seems ok.
    3. Updating apps with the play store still uses a LOT of CPU, but is way more responsive now and I would recommend updating apps only when you are not going to need the watch or while charging.
    4. Use this alongside kernel auditor and ondemand governor with 4 cores enabled and 1.2Ghz as max cpu frequency.
    5. After reboot swap will be lost and you will have to set it up again. Please note that I did it this way since i'm still testing this.
    6. Your device may have a reduces SD life and could be detrimental if the manufacturer used a low grade chip

The Result
    Well. Apps NEVER get relaunched.
    1. They never get stopped in the first place in order to make space for other apps
    2. They switch WAY faster since they are either in RAM or in SWAP
    3. First launch of any app is faster since other apps don't need to be stopped first
    4. Finally the TicWatch Pro is a useful device. I no longer think that getting a Google Authenticator code will be faster if i just use my phone.

I hope this helps you all.
    I'm available to answer your questions on European (i'm awake) times.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I recorded a video to show the snappiness of the device now.
    Note about the video. Some apps where previously opened (therefore where on RAM or the new shinny SWAP)
    other apps like the flashlight, weather and Magisk, where not. but you can see that after opening them they reopen (switch back) pretty much instantly.
    During the video the Swap usage was 140Mb.

Link to video - Please remove spaces since XDA does not allow me to post links XD:
    https ://youtu.be/UVk4JLqC8Do

One of the main things I realized is that after launching the google assistant (hold main button 1 sec) I can actually relaunch it 100 times after that (including app witching) and still get my response to (turn on the lights in the house, or how is the weather in less than 1 sec)

This is a must try :)

------------------------------------------------------ Update 1 -----------------------------------------------------------

After testing, using swap seems to affect battery usage on a rate of about 10% drain (depends on your usage).
    The main reason could be the fact that now we are using the storage a lot more, and using the storage means that this chip will consume more power.
    my watch have been running now for 2 days (with 1 battery charge in between) and I had not performance issues. I was able to work with notifications, receive phone calls, use the assistant, google fit, etc.

------------------------------------------------------ Update 2 -----------------------------------------------------------
    I realized that after having every app running and not having to boot them again the device battery is actually well improved. I'm doing 36-48h now.
    Also realized that finally the Google assistant is useful. Responsive and helpful
    I reduced the amount of cache to 256Mb and updated the script. Seems to be enough for a custom watchface Google fit, assistant, calendar, weather, hr monitor and Google play to run at the same time.
    Do not try (as I did), to run 1Gb of swap. You will never get to use it and since you need to allocate all the space at once you cannot install more apps. The device will become unresponsive and and connection fails at this point for a reason. Causing weird connection and disconnections

------------------------------------------------------ Update 3 -----------------------------------------------------------
    How to make it persistent after reboot
    Here is small script in oder to make the swap permanent
    I did not find a way to use the fstab or the init.rc since none of them seem to be available in Android
    It seems that is available in some devices but not on other. But, since we also need Magisk for the actual swap we can also use it to run the script using the handy service.d folder

Script (save to a remount_swap.sh file in your pc, you can do this with a text editor, just make sure that you don't accidentally have a .txt at the end)
    #!/system/bin/sh
    sleep 10
    sysctl vm.swappiness=60
    swapon /sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/swapfile

How to copy the script
    adb push <path_to_your_script>\remount_swap.sh /storage/emulated/0/
    adb shell
    su
    cd /storage/emulated/0/
    mv remount_swap.sh /sbin/.magisk/img/.core/service.d/
    cd /sbin/.magisk/img/.core/service.d/
    chmod +x remount_swap.sh
    adb reboot
    Hello there..
    First of all I am apologize for the delay. I am still experimenting and trying different settings with the new ROM and kernel. So far so good.... Kernel and ROM, both are almost ready, But I am still working with a script in order to create and use zram as a swap space/ virtual memory. It is the best combination of RAM and disk space. It seems it doesn't use the CPU all the time...which means doesn't reduce the battery. I tried different settings of zram and swap and end up with this..balance with CPU usage and battery. It boost the speed and gives more memory and good battery..Almost 3 days of battery..(ofc depends how much u use the watch)

The scripts is also done now...I am happy with that. I also implement init.d in the ROM in order to use the script automatically. It is also possible to just flash the script in TWRP. I just need to clean up and take sometime to upload the ROM.

I would also like to thanks those who have donated me. I really appreciate that. Thank you so much for your donation.

I am also start working with Ticwatch C2 and Ticwatch Pro 4G. New ROM and kernel for both devices are coming too.
    Hi all.
    This is perfect way to get Gpay on your watch. Tested by TicWatch Pro

Go to https://sqlite.org/download.html and download sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3280000.zip
    Unzip and use sqlite3.exe
    You have to got ADB files

Let's go

0. Commands start to execute from cmd, so that adb and sqlite3 was visible from there (put in the desired directory, or run with the full path)
    1. Enable Developer on watch (click on the build number in about watch")
    2. Enable adb debugging
    3. Open cmd On PC (adb folder with adb files)
    4. Execute
    Code:
    adb shell
    You should see an invitation with "$"
    5. Execute
    Code:
    su
    confirm on the clock. If suddenly not confirmed, and left Permission denied, find in Magisk Manager and confirm manually.
    6. Execute
    Code:
    cp /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/dg.db /mnt/sdcard
    copy the database to where the file can be easily copied to the PC
    7. Open an additional cmd window (in ADB folder)
    Execute
    Code:
    adb pull /mnt/sdcard/dg.db
    The database will be copied to the PC in the current directory
    8. In the same terminal window run
    Code:
    sqlite3.exe dg.db
    you will be prompted with ">"
    9. Execute
    Code:
    update main set c = 0 where a like 'attest%';
    Change the value of the 3rd column ("c") to 0 if the first ("a") starts with attest
    10. Exit sqlite (press Ctrl-D)
    11. Push the file back on the clock
    Code:
    adb push dg.db /mnt/sdcard
    12. Select the first open window with "adb shell"
    Code:
    cp /mnt/sdcard /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/dg.db
    13. Changing access rules
    Code:
    chmod 440 /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/dg.db
    Go to Gpay on your watch and add your credit card
    DONATE-ME-HERE

Just a heads up to everyone...
    I am testing a new kernel now. So far so good, no freezing and auto deep sleep issue any more. The watch goes to sleep during idle time to save battery/energy-saving (low power states) and wake-up either by pressing the buttons/user-request/or any kind of activity/any drivers request. The kernel is rebased to improve the battery and to fix the laggy/deep sleep issue. I disabled some kernel parameter to speed up the performance overhead- at the cost of battery/ power consumption... BUT I have around 2 days of battery now (44:18:24 Uptime+11% stille left). I will ofc continue my test and investigate the new kernel a bit more.

DONATE-ME-HERE
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone