[ROM+KERNEL] Uber CM-12.1---ONEPLUS [AK Kernel] [GCC 4.8 & 4.9]

Search This thread

aleksik

Jan 19, 2012
Tampere
I had 5 random reboots also.. All but one of them happened while phone had been in sleep a couple of minutes. Flashed the v.061 kernel over and I'm testing to keep the setting very close to stock. No reboots so far.

Sent from my OPO powered by Robbie's CM12 & AK kernel

Reactions: LegibleEel

LegibleEel

Jan 16, 2011
Manchester
I had 5 random reboots also.. All but one of them happened while phone had been in sleep a couple of minutes. Flashed the v.061 kernel over and I'm testing to keep the setting very close to stock. No reboots so far.

I just flashed v.061 kernel and seems to have solved the reboot issues. Thanks.

Reactions: aleksik

Walto

Jul 12, 2007
Iisalmi
Chromecast audio is not working. Tried with screenshare and allcast. Sounds normal couple seconds and volume starts getting higher until it gets really disorted. Back to previous build.

Sent from my Oneplus One via Tapatalk

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.
Ok guys. I'm sorry about the reboots. I made a change in blobs that I am hoping is gonna help. Please, people that are having reboot problems, try this build and see if it is any better. I am trying to figure this out instead of switching back to the old kernel branch. I wanna keep new mpdecision capabilities. Anyways, let me know how this build is. If it's not any better, I will switch back to the old branch. Again, sorry about the reboots. Also, please make sure to wipe /system manually before flashing.

https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...lds/cm-12-20141221-ROBBIEL811-SM4.8-bacon.zip

DJMartini

Oct 22, 2010
Denver
Ok guys. I'm sorry about the reboots. I made a change in blobs that I am hoping is gonna help. Please, people that are having reboot problems, try this build and see if it is any better. I am trying to figure this out instead of switching back to the old kernel branch. I wanna keep new mpdecision capabilities. Anyways, let me know how this build is. If it's not any better, I will switch back to the old branch. Again, sorry about the reboots. Also, please make sure to wipe /system manually before flashing.

https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...lds/cm-12-20141221-ROBBIEL811-SM4.8-bacon.zip
Been having reboots on this too. I'll try to get logs

Last edited:

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.
+1 solved my issues.

There is also a new .065 that just came out, might try it out.

That doesn't solve the issue. For the second time. Read AK's thread. He is having problem w/ random reboots also. As I said, this ROM is build w/ AK kernel inline. Flashing AK's v61 does NOTHING. You were ALREADY on v61 when you flashed this ROM. SAME EXACT SOURCE.

cybot_x1024

Jun 24, 2010
Nairobi
Really wanted to try this ROM out but haven't had any luck downloading from basketbuild servers. Tried IE, FF, chrome on PC and phone's default browser and download keeps failing after 50%
Any mirrors?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA mobile app

InvalidCast

Sep 7, 2008
Nantes
In theory, i would agree you, but there are the facts on one hand, and the theory in other hand.
i'm also part of the ones for whom the "false solution" did the trick.
the fact IS that problems are gone: from frequents reboots, heating and draining, i got a "normal" machine since the first reboot after flashing the kernel.
it could be a lot of things: difference in compiling for example, or even maybe problem would have gone if we had flashed twice your rom, who knows?

by the way, a great thank for your work that i use as my daily :)

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.

bhake

Nov 21, 2009
Houston
Chrome beta (not sure about stock) works every time for me when downloading. I too was having stability issues with the previous few builds. However I have been dirty flashing Rob's builds for a couple weeks now. I had it coming! So I clean flashed this latest build 12.21 and everything is working really smooth from what I can tell. I appreciate the efforts to keep up with all the updates pouring in!

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
Is it just me....or is there no way to "take a screenshot" OR "change lock screen wallpaper"?

I feel like its there somewhere in the settings to do these things.... but I'm dumb lol

aleksik

Jan 19, 2012
Tampere
Is it just me....or is there no way to "take a screenshot" OR "change lock screen wallpaper"?

I feel like its there somewhere in the settings to do these things.... but I'm dumb lol
To take a screenshot press and hold power and volume down at the same time. AFAIK the lockscreen wallpaper can't be changed separately yet.

Reactions: jark99

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
To take a screenshot press and hold power and volume down at the same time. AFAIK the lockscreen wallpaper can't be changed separately yet.

Thanks!! Also one quick question. For the last few builds, I keep getting miscellaneous battery usage drains. BBS and WLD are not showing anything out of the ordinary draining my battery and can't seem to find the culprit. Is it just a normal bug for now? Attached image for reference

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419269939161.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419269939161.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 552

aleksik

Jan 19, 2012
Tampere
Thanks!! Also one quick question. For the last few builds, I keep getting miscellaneous battery usage drains. BBS and WLD are not showing anything out of the ordinary draining my battery and can't seem to find the culprit. Is it just a normal bug for now? Attached image for reference
No, that's not normal.. I was having some camera daemon related battery drain some time ago and a clean flash solved it. So, I recommend doing a clean flash, even it takes time it's definetily worth it :)

Reactions: jark99

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
No, that's not normal.. I was having some camera daemon related battery drain some time ago and a clean flash solved it. So, I recommend doing a clean flash, even it takes time it's definetily worth it :)

Hey I've tried a clean flash but still am running into "miscellaneous" as top usage on battery stats. Clean flashed and restored my apps, it's very strange.

Edit*** Does Anyone know why when getting a 2nd incoming call during a conversation the phone cuts out? :s

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rJiBDuh.png

A new thread for another little project that I am going to tinker with. This one is CM 11 built with SABERMOD 4.8 on the ROM side. The kernel is build from the great @ak nightly branch, and is compiled also with SABERMOD 4.8. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will try to keep the ROM updated as much as possible. I don't know if I will build every night, but.... Anyways, download links are below. Let me know what you think!!!

Features Added:
    • Delta Updates
    • Reboot/reboot recovery QS tile
    • Sync QS tile
    • Doze/Ambient display tile
    • Heads Up tile
    • Option for QS tile haptic feedback
    • Option to show 4 QS tiles per row
    • Slim's Lockscreen Shortcuts
    • Slim Custom Doze settings
    • Call recording for any country
    • Call recording encoder/format choice
    • Show each app name during art optimization
    • Heads Up options
    • Ability to hide SU status bar icon
    • Slim Seek Bar
    • Slim incall proximity speaker
    • Volume panel timeout
    • Force expanded notifications
    • Flip phone to mute/reject call
    • Option to disable privacy guard notifications
    • Built with CM's CameraNext inline instead of Camera2
    • Updated CameraNext from CM12S
    • LCD density changer
    • Option to remove data/wifi activity arrows

ATTENTION
    Anyone flashing build 20150117 or later will need to flash the firmware update listed below or else you will most likely end up in a boot loop, unless you have previously updated firmware.

Ghangelog

Downloads
    ROMS:
    UBER-CM-12.1

GAPPS:
    5.1 GAPPS

LATEST FIRMWARE:
    Firmware Update 5-15
    HOW TO USE DELTA UPDATES

First off, make sure you are on the latest firmware from the OP. Then:

If you are coming from another ROM, then download the latest build, and flash as usual in recovery. Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik, system, data, and cache. Then press back, and do a factory data reset. Next, flash the ROM, along with any Gapps or scripts like UKM that you want to use. When it is done, boot the system. When the system is done booting up, use a file manager, and move the ROM.zip that you just flashed into the /SDCard/Delta directory. Next you are going to want to move your gapps, and any other scripts you might use to the /SDCard/Delta/flashafterupdate folder. I normally number my packages in the "flashafterupdate" folder so that they flash in the order that I want them to. Like 01_gapps, 02_UKM, and so on. Now, the next time that there is an update pushed, all you will need to do is go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates and click on "Check Now". Sometimes on the first update, the process will hang during "Patching" at 50%. If this happens, just back out and go manually force close the OpenDelta app and try again. The second time, it will work. This is the only time you should have to worry about doing this. It will update like it's supposed to every time after the first time. For some reason it hangs on the first time. I haven't been able to figure it out yet. When it is done doing it's thing, click "Flash Now" and the phone will reboot to recovery and flash everything that you have in the /Delta folder and the /Delta/flashafterupdate folder. If you guys find something that I missed, please drop me a line and let me know. Also, another note. Do not ever delete the contents of the /Delta folder, as it will be needed on the next update. It just continues to recycle the files that are in that directory. If new Gapps come out, then of course it is ok to replace those, just make sure not to delete the actual ROM.zip.

Also, here is a video review done by @dan96815

Alright guys. New build is up. SuperSU is working again for the time being, until CM decides to enable transparent compression again. Also, CM brought back the silent mode. Kernel has been updated to AK version AK.225.OPO.CM12.1. Also, we are now on Android 5.1.1. Lol. Google nightlies again! Lol.. Anyways, here's the build. Enjoy.

ROM - cm-12.1-20150422-ROBBIEL811-UBER4.8-bacon

GAPPS - gapps.BETA.5.1.x.build.0.x-20150421
    Alright guys. New build is up. I'm sorry for the gap in updates. I've been working on OpenDelta updates, and I think I have finally achieved my goal! After this build, updates will be pushed via OpenDelta. Of course there will still be full zips on the server, but if you are already running this build, then you will be able to update via OpenDelta. Now, for this build, there is a lot of updates. I have added the feature to optionally remove the arrows on the wifi, and data signal. Also, have added a heads up tile, and changed some values on the LCD density changer. Also, as usual, synced up w/ CM and AK. Kernel version is set at AK.233.OPO.CM12.1. Enjoy.

ROM - cm-12.1-20150428-ROBBIEL811-UBER4.8-bacon

GAPPS - gapps.BETA.5.1.x.build.0.x-20150425
    New build up. Synced w/ CM's commits and also updated AK kernel to AK.035.OPO.CM12.

ROM - https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...lds/cm-12-20141206-ROBBIEL811-SM4.8-bacon.zip

Gapps - https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/RobbieL811/Gapps/Lollipop

Edit - WOW!!! Over 2500 downloads in only a couple of days!!! Thanks guys for the support!!! I hope you all are enjoying it!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone