[ROM][Kernel]Vanilla AOSP 4.4.4 for VZW m7

Search This thread

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
There is nothing super special about these builds in terms of features. This is not a feature packed ROM. It is a pure vanilla build developed by myself and @GatesJunior with minor additions like cLock, Koush SU, and SMS/MMS quick reply. These builds include my Elite Lunar AOSP edition kernel built inline with the ROM. It is 100% stable, fast, smooth and everything works. Battery life is exceptional! The biggest difference between this an other AOSP builds is we use a very minimal amount of resources from CM. The extent of what we use from CM is the hardware, AV(for camera) and device trees. I do these just for fun and wont be adding any features to it. It is meant as a vanilla "factory" style ROM.

Links:

GAPPS

ROM

Source

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][Kernel]Vanilla AOSP for VZW m7, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
buckmarble, gatesjunior
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
Last Updated 2014-09-29

Last edited:

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
Speakerphone works for me

Edit. I've tested multiple times today and has worked every time.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Thanks!

The bug I was referring to had to do with noise cancellation (I think ) where the other party in a phone call hears their own voice echoing. Did you test for that?

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
Hey I'm having some problems with some small hardware commands... Is there a "hold back to kill app" option? And I can't seem to find the hardware menu key... What am I missing? Thank you!!!

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
Hey I'm having some problems with some small hardware commands... Is there a "hold back to kill app" option? And I can't seem to find the hardware menu key... What am I missing? Thank you!!!

Use xposed framework and gravity box for that functionality. Its not built in. These are vanilla builds.

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
Use xposed framework and gravity box for that functionality. Its not built in. These are vanilla builds.

Omg how have I never known about this!?!? I've seen it referenced but never used it this is AMAZING!!! Thank you!!!

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
Help!!! I think my husband's phone is bricked!!! We both have had this rom for about a day and today he was playing clash of clans and in the middle of an attack it shut off and we can't turn it back on. If we plug it in there is no charging light and I can't seem to boot it into recovery. I've never bricked a phone before!! What should I do?

lancasterv3

Oct 24, 2010
Help!!! I think my husband's phone is bricked!!! We both have had this rom for about a day and today he was playing clash of clans and in the middle of an attack it shut off and we can't turn it back on. If we plug it in there is no charging light and I can't seem to boot it into recovery. I've never bricked a phone before!! What should I do?

what recovery are you using (version specific)? What was the battery level before it shut off? Did the phone go through a shutdown animation or just black screen off?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
what recovery are you using (version specific)? What was the battery level before it shut off? Did the phone go through a shutdown animation or just black screen off?

Using twrp 2.7.0.3? Um, the most recent one for cm... Battery was 90 something and it was just a black screen. I thought it was a random reboot but it never came back on. :(

Alpha_wolf

Dec 13, 2012
Marina

could an overheat ive done it and i thought the same till i waited awhile like almost an hr and it finally let me reboot my internal temp hit like 115 which is kinda high hahah

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan

I had this happen to me randomly on a sense ROM right after I started a you tube video. Ended up being hardware failure. Completely toasted. Just ended up getting a manufacturers warranty on it.

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Thanks! Gonna give this a go! Unless you think I should hold off due to the hardbrick? I'm assuming there is no way this ROM caused that tho seems more like a hardware failure to me.... Clash of clans is hard on CPU. That game can mow through by entire battery in like 20 minutes

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
Thanks! Gonna give this a go! Unless you think I should hold off due to the hardbrick? I'm assuming there is no way this ROM caused that tho seems more like a hardware failure to me.... Clash of clans is hard on CPU. That game can mow through by entire battery in like 20 minutes

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would say so. I have been on the posted build since I built it and I play a ton of Netflix and castle clash and haven't had a problem. You should be fine for a warranty replacement. They can't even boot it up to check and see if you're rooted.

TheAppleAndroidGuy

Mar 19, 2013

Did you try holding power and volume down for a while?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is nothing super special about these builds in terms of features. This is not a feature packed ROM. It is a pure vanilla build developed by myself and @GatesJunior with minor additions like cLock, Koush SU, and SMS/MMS quick reply. These builds include my Elite Lunar AOSP edition kernel built inline with the ROM. It is 100% stable, fast, smooth and everything works. Battery life is exceptional! The biggest difference between this an other AOSP builds is we use a very minimal amount of resources from CM. The extent of what we use from CM is the hardware, AV(for camera) and device trees. I do these just for fun and wont be adding any features to it. It is meant as a vanilla "factory" style ROM.

Links:

GAPPS

ROM

Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Kernel]Vanilla AOSP for VZW m7, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    buckmarble, gatesjunior
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
    Last Updated 2014-09-29
    Finally got this build updated to 4.4.4. Link updated in OP.
    The best aosp Rom by far I have ever run.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.
    Does this feature the new dialer app? I have 2 hours left of work and I am dying to flash it when i get home.

Yes
    u3uvu9y6.jpg
    3y4ebagu.jpg

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone