[ROM][Kernel]Vanilla AOSP 4.4.4 for VZW m7

Search This thread

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Help!!! I think my husband's phone is bricked!!! We both have had this rom for about a day and today he was playing clash of clans and in the middle of an attack it shut off and we can't turn it back on. If we plug it in there is no charging light and I can't seem to boot it into recovery. I've never bricked a phone before!! What should I do?

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

has this phone come back to life? sounds like the phone over heated and shut down.

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
I should have a new build up tonight or tomorrow. Integrated the linaro kernel build and a couple fixes for ART to hopefully fix the booting issue with ART

Reactions: coachcrey

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
has this phone come back to life? sounds like the phone over heated and shut down.

it does sound like it... but the phone never turned back on.we luckily had insurance so we got to replace it but... i still try to turn it on sometimes with no luck lol

only thing is new ones have 4.4.2 hboot 1.56 which is (apparently) impossible to unlock/achieve s-off... does anyone know a reliable way to do this? i've been trying firewater + weaksauce... i (after HOURS of working on it) finally got to opening the bottle however it force closes from the command line every time i get there... i try it again about every night or so... no luck.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Did you try holding power and volume down for a while?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

i did try booting into any kind of recovery.. the kicker for me was when it was plugged in the charging light never even came on.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I had this happen to me randomly on a sense ROM right after I started a you tube video. Ended up being hardware failure. Completely toasted. Just ended up getting a manufacturers warranty on it.

ok good to know. i really felt like it was all my fault :(

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
Plugged this in earlier today. So far, fast, stable, light, and rock solid. I haven't run across any issues as of yet. Nice work. Like vanilla, it's one of my favorite flavors. :D

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Was going to hop back on this after resolving my texting issue.

Noticed that the signal is not near as good as stock, calls drop in and out when stock keeps a strong signal. Guess it's just because the stock radios are better.

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
Was going to hop back on this after resolving my texting issue.

Noticed that the signal is not near as good as stock, calls drop in and out when stock keeps a strong signal. Guess it's just because the stock radios are better.

Unfortunately since the telephony isn't exactly like htcs you will get this on any non nexus device running a source build

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
Does this feature the new dialer app? I have 2 hours left of work and I am dying to flash it when i get home.

Yes
u3uvu9y6.jpg
3y4ebagu.jpg

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
Downloaded and tried to flash using TWRP .8 and the flash failed.

Ideas?

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Awesome thank you!! Anybody know if there is a way to use the theme engine on vanilla ROMs? Maybe an xsposed module?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is nothing super special about these builds in terms of features. This is not a feature packed ROM. It is a pure vanilla build developed by myself and @GatesJunior with minor additions like cLock, Koush SU, and SMS/MMS quick reply. These builds include my Elite Lunar AOSP edition kernel built inline with the ROM. It is 100% stable, fast, smooth and everything works. Battery life is exceptional! The biggest difference between this an other AOSP builds is we use a very minimal amount of resources from CM. The extent of what we use from CM is the hardware, AV(for camera) and device trees. I do these just for fun and wont be adding any features to it. It is meant as a vanilla "factory" style ROM.

Links:

GAPPS

ROM

Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Kernel]Vanilla AOSP for VZW m7, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    buckmarble, gatesjunior
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
    Last Updated 2014-09-29
    Finally got this build updated to 4.4.4. Link updated in OP.
    The best aosp Rom by far I have ever run.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.
    Does this feature the new dialer app? I have 2 hours left of work and I am dying to flash it when i get home.

Yes
    u3uvu9y6.jpg
    3y4ebagu.jpg

Hey I'm having some problems with some small hardware commands... Is there a "hold back to kill app" option? And I can't seem to find the hardware menu key... What am I missing? Thank you!!!

Use xposed framework and gravity box for that functionality. Its not built in. These are vanilla builds.