• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM+Kitchen+Info]HTC Diamond2 Clone Models Info+ROMs+KITCHEN NOW UPLOADED [19/01/10]

Search This thread

er_arbe

Dec 17, 2009
android on clone diamond 2. Is it true???

Hi, i have read some pages of clones models of the diamond 2.In some of those pages it is said that the pda has dual os, windows 6.5 and android. Is it true???or is it a fake to make people buy it???
Thanks!

Solonomi.com

Apr 29, 2010
T5388+ vs. T5388i vs. T5388++

Your earlier email states 5388++. While reported inside the case as 5388+, the (chinese) community calls it a 5388++ to distinct it from the different single sim 5388+. I must insist on doing the same.

There are 3 versions of the phone called T5388:

1. T5388+: Single SIM, 480*800 screen, 806 MHz CPU;
2. T5388i: Dual SIM, 320*280 screen, 806 MHz CPU;
3. T5388++: Dual SIM, 480*800 screen, 600 MHz CPU.

If you are shopping for one, do not rely on the title, because many sellers use the title interchangeably.

Solonomi.com

Apr 29, 2010
Loading a ROM with IDT

Hello Sonic999
They gave me the ROM origial (supposedly) with the IDT-Hisilicon program but do not understand how to use it to load the ROM gave me or others. If you manage to solve these problems I would like you to tell me so we all gain.

Here are (most of) the steps:

1. Open IDT (the password is hisilicon)
2. Click on the tools button in IDT (the icon is of a hammer)
3. At the bottom of the Config window that pops up, browse for and select the .bin file on your computer
4. Turn your phone off. Hold the Volume Up button and the Power button to enter "upgrade mode". Which combination of buttons you have to press to enter this mode varies with different models of phones.
5. Now just connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable. From there, it should proceed on autopilot.

Solonomi.com

Apr 29, 2010
Storage Memory vs. Program Memory

buddy i am confused about few things if you guys can help me clear it
clone which i had ordered was
T5388i
Marvell® PXA310™, 806 MHz
Windows Mobile® 6.5 Professional
ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 288 MB

i got the mobile and i checked in the System Tab and the following details were there

About
Processor : Marvell PXA310
Memory 80.24 MB
Expansion Slot : Not in Use

Device Information
Rom Version : C03.001.03 ENG
Rom Date : 2010-04-07

Hardware
CPU : Marvell PXA310
Speed : 806 MHZ
RAM Size : 288 MB
Flash Size : 512 MB

in About screen its showing Memory 80.24 MB
which Memory Exactly its mentioning

80.24 MB refers to the Program Memory.

If you go into Settings -> Memory, you will see it has these stats:

Storage Memory: 151.84 MB
Program Memory: 80.21 MB

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
@ bravo2zero

You may want to read this in google translate: http://www.mobileuncle.com/thread-21931-1-1.html

Its a bit difficult reading the mangled translation, but it seems to be your problem, and the solution was a new memory card........ Don't ask me to explain. And it may not be exactly your case anyway.

Whatever the explanation, it worked apparently. I was able to induce the black screen crash and confirmed by several reboots. Then removing my old 1GB SDcard, I rebooted and the everything was ok. Then I powered off and installed again the old card and rebooted....crash. So I guess it has something to do with older mem cards. I´ve replaced it with a more recent 4GB card and so far all attempts to induce the crash has failed. Hope this is permanent.

Thanks for your efforts buddy.

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
There are 3 versions of the phone called T5388:

1. T5388+: Single SIM, 480*800 screen, 806 MHz CPU;
2. T5388i: Dual SIM, 320*280 screen, 806 MHz CPU;
3. T5388++: Dual SIM, 480*800 screen, 600 MHz CPU.

If you are shopping for one, do not rely on the title, because many sellers use the title interchangeably.

I assume you represent the store. Good of you to help clear up misunderstandings. We could use the help of such stores, like providing ROM updates, and it will help you to make the models popular, and reduce your warrenty claims. However, please use the correct data:

1. T5388+: Single SIM, 480*800 screen, 806 MHz CPU; (speed unconfirmed)
2. T5388i: Dual SIM, 240*400 screen, 460 MHz CPU; (reported as 806Mhz)
3. T5388++: Dual SIM, 480*800 screen, 533 MHz CPU; (reported as 600Mhz)

But indeed, various vendors mix up the specs of the various phones, so its careful shopping.

Last edited:

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
Whatever the explanation, it worked apparently. I was able to induce the black screen crash and confirmed by several reboots. Then removing my old 1GB SDcard, I rebooted and the everything was ok. Then I powered off and installed again the old card and rebooted....crash. So I guess it has something to do with older mem cards. I´ve replaced it with a more recent 4GB card and so far all attempts to induce the crash has failed. Hope this is permanent.

Thanks for your efforts buddy.

Good for you. Now I have a problem, and its one no-one can help me with: I just walked against a doorknob, while the phone was in the pocket, screen on the outsite (Normally I put screen against the leg)......

Strangely though, while there is a HUGE crack in the screen, it still works, even the touch response nice. But I am assuming that won't last.

EDIT: PS: If anyone has a diamond2 clone they have given up on, for whatever reason, but which may have a working touch screen, please drop me a PM.

Last edited:

olme

May 20, 2009
I am using the Topaz with dual-boot.
The thing is...
Windows mobile 6.5.3 build 23563 with Manila 2.5.2011 runs alot faster than the Android does at the moment.
You use the GenY-DualBOOT-v1.0.6.0-CAB to enable dualboot.
Then make sure you extract the XDAndroid package on your SD card.

Android will work just fine. You will not have the Camera nor the GPS in Android yet but everything else is working.

google for "XDAndroid" or check the HTC Topaz and Hero Android Forum for more info.

Best Regards
/Olme

ps: I am still w8ing for the CAM GPS and a similar ROM update as is available for the WM using HardSPL..

pandoraX

Apr 30, 2010
I need spanish ROM for T5388i

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my bad English. I have this T5388i in English:
fastcardtech.com/goods-4440-Itouch+Diamond2+T5388i++Dual+sim+card+Windows+Mobile+65Built+in+GPS+WIFI+624MHz+CPU+FM+radio.html
I need the Spanish language.
What ROM switch to Spanish language?

Thanks in advance.

mr nick

Jul 27, 2007
Melbourne
Well, I got my replacement phone today and so far so good. The T5355+ I originally had was forever crashing and giving out of memory errors so I contacted the seller who agreed to send me a different phone.

I have now got a T5388++ (or whatever they want to call it nowadays) - it's the dual sim model with a claimed 512Mb ROM 256Mb RAM but it's actually 256/256. So far I've had no crashes, SMS send and receive, signal is good, connects to network within about 10 seconds of getting into Windows, GPS is seemingly very accurate so all in all I'm much happier with this phone. The Wi-Fi is the only bit that seems a bit flaky as it can cause the phone to hang for a while when connecting and disconnecting but given a minute or so it eventually sorts itself out and works OK.

Having read the last few pages it looks like I actually got a decent phone as a lot of people seem to be having issues. With the GPS I initially thought it wasn't working as I set it up using the same settings I used on the previous phone and then used the in-built GPS Settings program to check it out. After 10 minutes nothing appeared to be happening but I installed TomTom, fired it up and withing 30 seconds it had a fix. I went back to the GPS Settings program and it still showed nothing so I can only guess that the software is buggy. The last phone had Visual GPS on it and that worked fine as a tester but this one is no good so I'd recommend that if people are having problems when using this software, try another package and you may find that everything is OK. I have not tried A-GPS as I prefer to use the standalone system because I very often travel to areas with no network coverage so need something which will work everywhere.

I've not tried all aspects of the phone but to be honest I have tested pretty much all the stuff I will actually use and the rest is just bells and whistles that I won't use - I rarely use Wi-Fi so even the flaky nature of it's operation doesn't overly concern me. It works as a phone, it sends SMS, the FM radio works and the GPS is accurate enough to get me home so all in all I'm happy - much happier than I was with the original T5355+.

giannimess

Apr 4, 2006
T5388+

Hello,

i have a T5388+, i've some problems with the FM Radio (that in not installed) and the g-sensor to use the scrren rotation issue.
Can anyone explain if this device can works with a FM radio and the G sensor working?
Wich are the differences with the htc diamond 2?They look identicall also all the accessories.

So i want to flash the best ROM for this device to obtain the same issue as the HTC diamond 2, same UI and programs.

Can anyone help me?Wich is the best/stable ROM available?

Thank you!!!

Solonomi.com

Apr 29, 2010
Spanish ROM for T5388i

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my bad English. I have this T5388i in English:
fastcardtech.com/goods-4440-Itouch+Diamond2+T5388i++Dual+sim+card+Windows+Mobile+65Built+in+GPS+WIFI+624MHz+CPU+FM+radio.html
I need the Spanish language.
What ROM switch to Spanish language?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, you can download the Spanish ROM for the T5388i here:

solonomi dot com/rom/

It is the ROM called "T5388i-spanish.rar"

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
Looks like the T5388++ I bought from Merimobiles is hopelessly buggy. After trying everything on this forum to prevent the power on/wake up screen crash..the same things just does not go away. I'm thinking it is a factory defect and will ask them to replace it. Buying china clones really involves a lot of luck. That is, lucky if the unit you get has not bugs, software or hardware.

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
How to hard reset (restore factory default) your T5388++: I found out from mobileuncle the procedure for doing this which might be handy for those who have this model. First locate the small micro switch found at the left side of the phone when viewed from the back with the rear panel open. It´s in the middle portion and really a small rectangle notch where a very tiny switch is located. Once you have located this, you can use this hardware button to soft reset your phone without using the menu buttons.

To hard reset and restore factory defaults: simultaneously press, reset button, dial button and the ok button (the one in front with the <- or arrow left button. You will hear an extended vibration and then the phone enters the ROM update mode. Choose restore factory default or something like that instead of ¨update¨. Hope this wlll help as I had to scour countless forums just to get this procedure.

As for me, I am returning my T5388++ to merimobiles since they apparently shipped to me a defective phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SD ROM for t5388i ?

Electronic star finally sent me (what they claim to be) SD ROM for t5388i. (99.3MB) I personally do not want to verify if it is truth, I am the one fortunate owner of perfectly (in some degree) working phone. Please feel free to use it on your own risk and share results if possible.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ymgvo8bf2t3v4c5

P.S.Please remember, flashing your phone with a wrong ROM is the safest way to brick (damage) it. So do not do it if it isn’t really necessary!
    How strange! The location command works fine for me at the SU prompt (#), I've no idea what's going on :confused: Do you get an error message?

It doesn't look like they've published a a single system version of WM6.6, but they may do in the near future, as just when I thought they'd stopped development they released this latest dual version. Perhaps if you mail them and ask for it, as they don't have to invent it - just package it up as single.

You could always use the dual, and install all your apps to the SD, as WM has always had this as an option for most applications.

I know what you mean, it does get frustrating, and I've had my eye on a Droid or similar for some time ;), they're just so damned expensive!

This phone is fine for me as a day to day phone, I just have to not expect too much from it - still a lot better than my old Ericsson P1. I've also learnt and am learning a lot about Android by owning it!
    I'm keeping an eye on that device myself - can't justify the expense of a new phone though:rolleyes:

The ROM size looks fine to me, depends on how big they let the OS's become with preinstalled software, and filling the ROM space won't affect performance. One of the major downsides of the T5353++ is the small RAM, but the A1- is spec-ed with double, so it should be very usable.

EDIT:Just read something interesting in the buyer questions re: the a1-, it seems that the version of A2.1 may not have access to the market etc, so would be worth any prospective buyer checking out. I know how much of a pain this can be as my T5353++ also had this problem with its original ROM. Without google apps, android is totally crippled in terms of function IMHO.
    Indeed, if you check the CPU's (MSM7627+MT6223) you find one CDMA and one GSM processor. So not what you want.

Also, since my (real) HTC Touch HD, I will never again buy a phone that does not at least have real physical buttons for answer/end. The 'fake' touch screen buttons are a) too easily accidentally triggered while retrieving the phone from the trouser pocket and b) too easily blocked because you are accidentally touching another part of the screen.

But thats just my opinion, feel free to buy.

Good point, I got the same complain on Samsung phone (with fake buttons), I was happy as it was stolen.:D
    OK - I can summarize my experiencies:
    IDT flash... I think everybody who is doing this experiments have this software...
    K3AID... h++p://www.ulozto.cz/6556122/k3firstaid-exe
    can switch phone to "download" state even if the HW keys are not working
    it suppose working ActiveSync connection (downloaded from mobileuncle com) not my own sw...
    Sometimes may be a bit dificult to get K3AID working.. it can show some error message like "RTM state Error" - You need to install h++p://www.ulozto.cz/6556123/cabviaactivesync-1-5-setup-exe
    and h++p://www.ulozto.cz/6556124/gb-ppc-2-1-3-20090929-cab

it is only summarize of my experiences - none of this utility is mine, so use it on your own risk