• NET_UC

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

doublen1

Jan 20, 2010
Idaho
I'm glad you're not having the signal loss issue like I am
for some reason the signal bars drop all the way down, and back to full, can't explain it, and the radio change didn't do anything

I can't say that I am not. My signal is so sketchy where I live that I really don't pay that much attention to it. I do notice it drops to zero bars on occasion, but it doesn't effect me much if any. I don't make a lot of voice calls though. That could be why I don't notice.

Thanks, I really appreciate that :)

So you don't experience Latino's problem with the signal?

I wonder how many people use this ROM... Lots of downloads ig, but like no one posts here :(

latinohot

Have...

...you been able to add cities to the weather tab?
I'm not able to.
Rom 21686, I think? is the one with start button on bottom;)
So how about sharing your awesome task bar you have for the rom with start button on top?

Last edited:

latinohot

Last edited:

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
I had seen it before, but I forgot what it was for, thanks for reminding me::eek:

After using the rom with the cab for weather fix
my data disconnects, as soon as I press the end key, WTF.
And yes I checked that in the personal folder, that the Long Press End Key was set to lock device.

Lol you have so many random problems. I tested that, and cannot reproduce what you're describing.

Also, as a general rule, I don't see much issue with the signal.

PS: thinking about selling my rhodium...

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
NNNOOOOOOO:eek:
don't do that, lol
so how about that taskbar

We'll see, if the price is right, I need money to buy christmas gifts for my family.

But in the mean time, here is the task bar (attached)

Also, I'll be releasing a new ROM today. I'm waiting a bit longer for one graphic to come through... if it doesn't I'm releasing anyways, it looks fine.

latinohot

We'll see, if the price is right, I need money to buy christmas gifts for my family.

But in the mean time, here is the task bar (attached)

Also, I'll be releasing a new ROM today. I'm waiting a bit longer for one graphic to come through... if it doesn't I'm releasing anyways, it looks fine.

allright, new Rom, thank-u chef
thanks for the task bar, will dl right-a-way, lol
will you post new pics, for the new rom, and will it have start button on bottom as well?

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
allright, new Rom, thank-u chef
thanks for the task bar, will dl right-a-way, lol
will you post new pics, for the new rom, and will it have start button on bottom as well?

You're very welcome :)

And new pix are up :)

Yeah, I only changed the start menu on bottom build because no one even uses the start menu on top build apparently, and if they do, I haven't gotten any feedback, therefore I'm assuming it's good to go.

New links are up! Enjoy!

latinohot

You're very welcome :)

And new pix are up :)

Yeah, I only changed the start menu on bottom build because no one even uses the start menu on top build apparently, and if they do, I haven't gotten any feedback, therefore I'm assuming it's good to go.

New links are up! Enjoy!

I must report that finally my tilt2 is working the way I wanted from the begining

I tastk29-HR-flashed stock rom-HR again-and flashed the rom I wanted in the first place, which was the S2 build with the start button on bottom,
and finally no more signal drop, data is faster than my buddys verizon 4G crap, and of course faster than my brother's t-mobile hd7 LOL
So thank-u chef for putting up with my craziness, and putting in those awesome cabs I asked for, like I said NO MORE ISSUES WITH MY PHONE, THANK-U:)

P.S. I'll flash the new rom on my son's tilt2,
I don't want to mess mine up, i'm afraid to screw it up, lol

ok I don't see alarm where it should be, instead i see call history again. what happened?

I wrote too soon, the signal issue remains, no matter what radio I put on there
So will try new rom, later this evening

Last edited:

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
updated mirror with latest release.
added to original post. here.

older rom release numbers.
Frankenstein noCHT Stable 21682 = 10 Downloads.
Frankenstein CHT2 Stable 21682 = 4 Downloads.

sh4d0w86.

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
I must report that finally my tilt2 is working the way I wanted from the begining

I tastk29-HR-flashed stock rom-HR again-and flashed the rom I wanted in the first place, which was the S2 build with the start button on bottom,
and finally no more signal drop, data is faster than my buddys verizon 4G crap, and of course faster than my brother's t-mobile hd7 LOL
So thank-u chef for putting up with my craziness, and putting in those awesome cabs I asked for, like I said NO MORE ISSUES WITH MY PHONE, THANK-U:)

P.S. I'll flash the new rom on my son's tilt2,
I don't want to mess mine up, i'm afraid to screw it up, lol

ok I don't see alarm where it should be, instead i see call history again. what happened?

I wrote too soon, the signal issue remains, no matter what radio I put on there
So will try new rom, later this evening

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good mod for the old home tab for 4x4 quick links. So it was either keep the quicklinks with Call History, or get rid of them for Alarm :/ And I love the 4x4 lol sorry.

And ok, I suppose I'll try yet another rilphone...

Regards

Smith

PS: Do you have signal issues with Insanity or Simplicity?

latinohot

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good mod for the old home tab for 4x4 quick links. So it was either keep the quicklinks with Call History, or get rid of them for Alarm :/ And I love the 4x4 lol sorry.

And ok, I suppose I'll try yet another rilphone...

Regards

Smith

PS: Do you have signal issues with Insanity or Simplicity?

you know i think is insanity it was the Dec.11th I think
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KQHPLELL(it was this one)
OS version 5.2.21686 (21686.5.3.11)
And yes I too love the 4x4 quick links so for now I'll just ignore the call history thingy

I'll try the new build and report back.
DL at 14%....20%....lol

just in case I forget MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND A HAPPY JOLLY NEW YEAR:)

Last edited:

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
Ok, what needs to be done guys? I'm, personally, very happy with where the ROM stands. It's extremely quick, getting more RAM efficient, and is still pretty sexy.

What needs to be done? What can be improved, added, or modified to make this better?

Regards

Smith

latinohot

Ok, what needs to be done guys? I'm, personally, very happy with where the ROM stands. It's extremely quick, getting more RAM efficient, and is still pretty sexy.

What needs to be done? What can be improved, added, or modified to make this better?

Regards

Smith
\

I couldn't say what needs to be done
but my signal issue is definatelly rom issue, I tried the new rom release from DotCompt and no signal issue there, I then again flash your latest rom and signal loss is immediate, all the way to zero and back to full
Another thing I found with DotCompt's rom is that he has a cab file for
4x4 quicklinks, and it works perfect with all the roms I've flashed, including Stock AT&T Rom, but I can't post it yet, because Dot hasn't respond to my request for sharing his home 16quicklinkscab. maybe you can ask him for it.
I will continue to use your rom because everything works
wifi-youtube-opera for my radio stations from my home country
i mean everythin works wonderfull.
one thing that I always do after flashing your roms is that I always must change internet sharing, because you have it set for AT&T ISP, instead fo MEdia Net, but that's no biggie,
Thank-u for reading this long ass post but I want to make sure I don't forget anything. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years:D

Reactions: smithisize

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
\

but my signal issue is definatelly rom issue, I tried the new rom release from DotCompt and no signal issue there, I then again flash your latest rom and signal loss is immediate, all the way to zero and back to full
4x4 quicklinks, and it works perfect with all the roms I've flashed, including Stock AT&T Rom, but I can't post it yet, because Dot hasn't respond to my request for sharing his home 16quicklinkscab. maybe you can ask him for it.
one thing that I always do after flashing your roms is that I always must change internet sharing, because you have it set for AT&T ISP, instead fo MEdia Net, but that's no biggie,
Thank-u for reading this long ass post but I want to make sure I don't forget anything. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years:D

Yeah, I actually have a 4x4 sense build without Call History, with Alarm instead, working right now :) So that should make you happy!

Also, I'm trying a different rilphone. Seems to be working better. I'm doing more testing this time around.

This is coming along nicely. I think I've seen about a 10MB improvement in RAM in the last release too??

Happy new year to you as well!

EDIT: Changes made so far:
-Edited boot animation
-Rilphone from 2.08 (testing now, will post results later)
-New Contact Picker
-4x4 Quicklinks w/ Alarm instead of Call History
-Re-added several cool looking wallpapers

Planned:
-Change SYS (mostly just for fun, no real reason)
-Maybe change icons (if I receive them)
-Misc. tweaks

Last edited:

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
Guys, I am officially selling my rhodium.

Wanna buy it? Top offer so far: 150$

Security/SIM unlocked. Obviously Hard-SPLd. Whoever buys it will get an unreleased version of Infinity as well (beta of course)

I am releasing one more version of Infinity though, so don't freak out yet.

Anyone wanna buy the Infinity kitchen? Make an offer, and the ROM is yours.

doublen1

Jan 20, 2010
Idaho
Guys, I am officially selling my rhodium.

Wanna buy it? Top offer so far: 150$

Security/SIM unlocked. Obviously Hard-SPLd. Whoever buys it will get an unreleased version of Infinity as well (beta of course)

I am releasing one more version of Infinity though, so don't freak out yet.

Anyone wanna buy the Infinity kitchen? Make an offer, and the ROM is yours.

So tempting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jan. 8 2011 Update: Kitchen Released!! Enjoy everybody!

Sad to say, but this January 6th, 2011 release of Infinity will be the last I publish. I got a different phone, and have sold my rhodium and don't think it right to dev. for a device you can't test. Thanks for using Infinity.
    Introduction:​
    I've been on XDA for a few months now, and have benefited greatly from its members, so I decided to give a little something back! I am a huge fan of slim ROMs, so I've decided to create one myself. This is my first attempt at cooking, so I'm sure there will be things that need to be fixed, but I've tried very hard to eliminate all bugs before releasing!

Goals for this ROM (in order):
    • Responsiveness
    • Aesthetics
    • RAM Usage

ROM Details:​
    • Windows Mobile Build:
    • 29005 - start menu on bottom (6.5.x)
    • 21916 - start menu on top (6.5)
    • Sense 2019
    • Base: Rhodium 2.07 and 2.10 shipped ROMs

All excess, useless (in my opinion) stuff has been removed. Very slim.

RAM on first boot: ~85MB free
    ROM (storage) free: ~260MB
    Pagepool: -1 (default. I'm playing with it...)

Thanks to:​
    • Everyone in Chef Central! Farmer Ted, +Que PPC, and many others!
    • seeM_ZA
    • JackOS
    • Grumps <--HUGE THANKS
    • Lechux for his icons
    • husam666 <-- designed the signature banner. Great job!
    • I'm sure there are other I'm forgetting, just let me know!

Screenshots (click to enlarge):​

Support Infinity ROM By adding the following to your signature:

oq910h.png

HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=850949"][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/oq910h.png[/IMG][/URL]

OR

forumh.png

HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=850949"][IMG]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9443/forumh.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Follow me on twitter!
    http://www.twitter.com/smithisize

Downloads:​

Terms of Kitchen use!!!
    -Personal use only. NO re-releasing.
    -Want to continue the project? PM me. We'll talk.

Kitchen (packed with 7zip, no password):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=311YUGR5
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MX4NXDIB
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16TKEBKB
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6FLIM6LR
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCAD6MAI
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TVOJ9HUC
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9CUQWVM0
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05STNXPD

I put a lot of hard work into this, donations are by no means required, but very appreciated, especially in the hard times I'm going through.
    finally got around to updating mirror to latest release.
    as usual. can be found in original post. here.

and again.
    an update for you, smithisize.
    the number of downloads from the filefactory mirror.
    Beta v4 noCHT = 8 downloads.
    Beta v4 withCHT = 2 downloads.

sh4d0w86.
    Could you describe the problem in as much detail as possible please?

the way I flash roms is this way
    task29
    Hard Reset
    flash new rom
    Hard Reset again, let the rom finish installing
    then install my apps

after all the installs have been done I do one last soft reset.

I do this to all roms I install, but this one after everything is done
    the signal bars come and go, from full signal strength to no signal at all, and of course it drops calls, cuts data connections
    I don't know how else to explain it, other than when I flash another rom from another chef, none of the bars dissappear
    What I'll do is try the rom with the start button on top and see what happens,
    and speaking of that, what happened to the nice task bar shown for the rom with start button on top
    that task bar is not the same for the rom with the start button on bottom, what the heck.

After having tried the rom with the start button on top....
    no change, the same thing happens, signal comes and goes
    I have to say this is the only rom I have ran so far that I don't immediately want to re-flash to a different one. As far as the stuff I use, I have zero problems right now and can honestly say I am completely satisfied with your rom. Kudos and keep up the good work!

Regards

Smith
    \