[ROM][KITKAT][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11 for SM-T700 16gb

Search This thread

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Nope! So basically, edit build.prop, reboot to recovery, fix permissions, and reboot system? Is that it?

This how I do it, I use root Explorer to copy build prop, then I open the saved build prop and then use root Explorer to copy over the original build prop with the edited one then fix permissions and restart.

Sent from my SM-N910G using tapatalk pro HD

warpkari

Dec 20, 2010
This how I do it, I use root Explorer to copy build prop, then I open the saved build prop and then use root Explorer to copy over the original build prop with the edited one then fix permissions and restart.

Thanks a lot for your help.
What do you mean exactly by fix permissions? Is this step done via recovery?
Also, is a specific gapps needed if we use a custom dpi?

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks a lot for your help.
What do you mean exactly by fix permissions? Is this step done via recovery?
Also, is a specific gapps needed if we use a custom dpi?

Use gapps that are linked in OP, there is an app called toolbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox

Use that to change dpi, it is I think the easiest for you, when you change dpi some apps might not install or work properly.

Reactions: warpkari

warpkari

Dec 20, 2010
Use gapps that are linked in OP, there is an app called toolbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox

Use that to change dpi, it is I think the easiest for you, when you change dpi some apps might not install or work properly.

Thanks, I used the app TextDroider and it worked with no issues.

Is it at all possible to calibrate the screen colours? I think I saw it on a cm12 rom... I don't know if it can be done with this one, or perhaps there is a third party app that you know of? Colours look a bit oversaturated. (I'm used to the "basic" setting on the stock rom heh...)

Other than that, I'm finding this rom to be smoother than any cm12 or TW roms that I tried.

Cheers!

Reactions: Barracuda77777

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks, I used the app TextDroider and it worked with no issues.

Is it at all possible to calibrate the screen colours? I think I saw it on a cm12 rom... I don't know if it can be done with this one, or perhaps there is a third party app that you know of? Colours look a bit oversaturated. (I'm used to the "basic" setting on the stock rom heh...)

Other than that, I'm finding this rom to be smoother than any cm12 or TW roms that I tried.

Cheers!

You can now choose custom color display @gekkehenkie11 thanks to him MDSNI TUNER V1.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S6tD1TxqlmSE9OTW53aHlqTW8/view

I tried it and it worked for me.

You can find @gekkehenkie11 on the note 4 forum, please thank him if you use his app and it works for you.

Cheers

Reactions: warpkari

rookie12

Nov 22, 2014
Can i ask one thing wich one would you prefer any 5.1lollipop or cm11 for gaming and battery life

Monster212

Mar 9, 2014
Can i ask one thing witch one would you prefer any 5.1lollipop or cm11 for gaming and battery life

i use CM11 KitKat best battery life for me LP for gaming battery life sucks at for me, and i have tried every lp rom and none of them give me good battery life... only thing is with cm11 4.4.4 i cant seem to move apps to sd card like i can with 4.2 or even LP...

warpkari

Dec 20, 2010
Can i ask one thing wich one would you prefer any 5.1lollipop or cm11 for gaming and battery life

Here are my findings (Tab S 8.4 T700):

I tried a few CM12 based roms and I found that scrolling around was a bit laggy in general. This happens in menus, listviews, web pages and any other scrollable page. It's like it lags a bit at the beginning and then it ramps up. I don't know if this is only my experience.

Anyway, I am finding this CM11 ROM to be the smoothest experience I had on my Tab S 8.4 (T700). The fact that Kitkat is fully compatible with Xposed also helps. TextDroider is also fully compatible so I could easily change the global DPI setting.

Battery life seems OK. I observed 10% battery usage over 12 hours when idle.
Screen on time of about 5 hours. So basically two days of light use for me.

Antutu score is just a bit lower than CM12 or IronRom (TW) but gaming performance seems fine.

Only hiccup I noticed is when streaming media like music or movies over wifi while playing sound through bluetooth. This causes the wifi to really slow down and the bluetooth audio to stutter. Don't know if this is a known issue only for CM11 or if it also applies to CM12.

Hope this helps :)

Kilman

Apr 5, 2012
Hi guys,,,is this rom only specific for 16gb or i can flash it over my 32gigs 8.4 tab s. Thanks

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Last edited:

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks for your work on building CM11 for this device, I have tried CM12.1 but keep coming back to CM11, the crashing and bugs are just too much

Reactions: Barracuda77777

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
@Barracuda77777 I can make occasional codebase updates every week or so if you'd like. Now that CM12.1 is dead and still is buggy and this ROM is working fine.

I am still running it on my tablet, thought no one is using this anymore :)

so if you are keen, I don't mind at all if you want to use this thread to post updates, as long you provide source code to any changes that you make.
I guess users will appreciate fortnightly or monthly updates.

Last edited:

Lightn1ng

Mar 31, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I am still running it on my tablet, thought no one is using this anymore :)

cm-11-20160312-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip

The above link is the last of my builds.

so if you are keen, I don't mind at all if you want to use this thread to post updates, as long you provide source code to any changes that you make.
I guess users will appreciate fortnightly or monthly updates.
I don't have the skill to make changes myself, only build them with standard CM improvments.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Instructions
    1. Download the zip(s) - firmware and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    2. Download and install a compatible recovery
    3. Wipe data, system & cache partitions and flash firmware
    4. Optional: install the Google Apps additional package

Known Issues:
    - XBMC and some games touch input will fail. A work around would be to purchase a bluetooth keyboard, they are pretty cheap from ebay, or use your existing one to navigate inside XBMC until we solve the problem.
    - audio routing does not work when making calls with viber, hangout or skype while connected to bluetooth headset.
    - MHL output the colours wrong and audio does not route to tv.
    - Google movies will crash if you want to download locally.
    - Anything else? you tell me

02/12/2014 stable build

cm-11-20141202-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip

- Hulu not working fixed
    - google movies not downloading locally fixed
    - charging while tablet is off fixed

cm-11-20141202-v2-klimtwifi.zip

fix graphic glitches
    added kernel Performance, powersave and userspace governors

All current and previous builds, kernels and fixes can be found HERE

Latest build by senior user miscom:

12/12/2014

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95854736883843077

upstream cm source update

17/12/2014

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620393377

27/12/2014

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717070862

04/01/2015

cm-11-20150104-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip

cm-11-20150104-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip.md5sum

corrected true battery values for klimtwifi thanks to github user moneytoo who brought to my attention
    update CM source

1/03/2015

cm-11-20150301-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip

cm-11-20150301-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip.md5sum

Fixed Kodi/xbmc touch issues, and with many games that had no touch register issues.
    all credit for the touch issue patch goes to @Patrick Lower

20/05/2015

cm-11-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip
    cm-11-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip.md5sum

Google Apps additional package:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

TWRP:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t2817100

Sources Barracuda:
    device tree
    kernel for exynos 5420
    vendor files

thanks to CyanogenMod team, Google and thanks to:
    Nvertigo67 fixing many bugs, eousphoros for starting the intital port to klimtwifi, danny19901, fedecape, rukawa84, kafandi, miscom and anyone else I forgot for testing the rom , crpalmer for his hard work.
    Special big thanks to Nvertigo67.
    new build

hello everyone :)

cm-11-20141124-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip

cm-11-20141124-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi.zip.md5sum

changes:
    using the new kernel
    CM upstream changes

Anyone who want to fork and build his own will be able to, now that I have fixed up all the sources, the builds should work out of the box.

I will soon write a step by step in post #2 on how to build your own.

cheers
    Mate, I'm greatly appreciative of your efforts as I'm sure a LOT of people are in here! It's great to see an Aussie leading the way on the Tab S. :D

Under the 'Performance' tab in 'Settings' - does changing the profile actually affect anything? I changed it to 'Power Save' but it reverted back to 'Balanced' at reboot.

Also, what's your recommended CPU governor (Conservative, On Demand or Interactive)?

thanks you for your kind words, I recommend interactive, excellent battery life and performance, as for the performance governors, I will have to add support in kernel, will do that with the next build, the new build is nearly done, will be uploading soon. if you want to make changes stick you can use trickster or from setting/performance change it there and tick set on boot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    How to build your own

The Guide

1) please visit this thread and follow the instruction to prepare your build environment.

2) once you have CM11 sources downloaded and ready on your build server.
    You will need to find your roomservice.xml android/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml and add the following entries:

<project name="barracuda7/android_device_samsung_klimtwifi" path="device/samsung/klimtwifi" remote="github" revision="master" />
    <project name="barracuda7/android_kernel_samsung_chagallwifi" path="kernel/samsung/chagallwifi" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="barracuda7/android_vendor_samsung_klimtwifi" path="vendor/samsung/klimtwifi" remote="github" revision="master" />

click save.
    Note: if you fork the repos to your own github account, replace barracuda7 with your own github username.

3) from terminal type the following:
    repo sync this should download the blobs, device tree and the kernel.
    breakfast klimtwifi will add the rest of the repo's that are needed.
    source build/envsetup.sh
    brunch klimtwifi

if all above steps were done successfully depending on how fast is your build server you should end up with a zip in about an hour or more.
    you can find the zip file here:
    android/out/target/product/klimwifi

You are most welcome to post question on this thread regarding building the rom, please only PM me if it is not this rom related, in this way other users can benefit from
    the information

Happy Building :)
    Will flash as soon as it's ready. :)

here is the new build, found the problem why it was stuck at logo, so hopefully this will boot with no issues:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473396156

if wifi is not working, can you please flash this kernel and let me know so I can fix it with the next build:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001615300

cheers